It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Capitol locked down after reports of shots fired near the West Front

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What do you guys think?

this witness said the baby was pulled out of the car first, and then the gunfire really started.

edit on 10/5/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn

Has anyone seen the original footage? My mother said they showed footage right while it was happening and from what she saw, it looked like the woman took a wrong turn and she was suddenly surrounded by guards with guns. She said it looked like she was frightened, she tried to back-up and hit a police car. This really scared the poop out of her when all the people were pointing the guns at her, and she drove off. Mother said as soon as she drove off the police starting shooting at her. She couldn't go anywhere and was really kind of driving in circles until she stopped. She said the guards/ police approached her car, opened the car door and shot her. My mother said it freaked her out so bad she had to call me at work to see if I had seen the news.

When I got home and watched the news my mother was even more upset because she said that that was not the video they showed the first time.

I am very interested. Did anyone else see a different video feed? Did any one else see the video my mother saw?

yes, it is at this link:

www.usatoday.com...

That is in front of the White House - notice, she brakes when she sees the barricade - she does not ram into anything. None of the police were hit and no one dived over the hood of her car.

This was a panicky escalation of force.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That child will be raised to hate the government. Guarantee you there's a file on that child already stating that he or she is a potential terrorist and that they cannot fly outside the US and flying within the country will be a hassle every time. That poor kid is doomed from the start, and who's to blame for this? The government. Sad

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I think they killed that woman unnecessarily.

I think they are lying in plain sight.

I think this is the line in the sand.

I think if they get away with this, we have sealed our death warrent.

I think that it is time for people to take back our minds and start to behave like the brave, honest Americans we used to be.

I remember when people were too proud to take anything from the government because the price of free was too high.

I think it is time we stand on our own two feet and return the government to its rightful place, as our servant not our master.

edit on 5-10-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
We now have Obama drone kill in the lexicon...why not Obama hamburger, the dental hygienist was hit with so many rounds at close range she was unrecognizable hamburger. family cannot claim the body for evidence. My curiosity is, were these the 40 caliber hollow points ordered up by the DHS, near billion round quantities????

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

darkstar57
We now have Obama drone kill in the lexicon...why not Obama hamburger, the dental hygienist was hit with so many rounds at close range she was unrecognizable hamburger. family cannot claim the body for evidence. My curiosity is, were these the 40 caliber hollow points ordered up by the DHS, near billion round quantities????

At the very least they should be charged with excessive force if not outright murder. JHP or FMJ is not the issue imo. Actually hollow points are safer and more reliable because they only hit the perpetrator and normally one shot is enough to stop them, thus not endangering innocent bystanders.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1
I just watched Anderson Cooper and he interviewed her two sisters. She had been slowly taken off her meds for a temporary bout with postpartum psychosis. She was not addicted to the meds. The family is saying basically, that something isn't right and they want answers.

I'm trying to figure out why the child is in foster care. Her aunt is a nurse, her mother made 100k or better as a dental hygienist. Seems the family is pretty normal from what I could tell from the interview. Kind of weird they haven't handed that child over to her biological family.
edit on 10/4/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

She made that much as a dental hygienist? My friends are working in the wrong area then, they are dental hygienists and don't make nearly half that much.

Miriam Carey was also a career counselor. She not only was a dental hygienist, but served as a counselor for those who are unemployed. I think she just became so overwhelmed by trying to help people in this economy that maybe she just had a psychotic breakdown. This is a political message that the government does not want to address or let us know about. Experienced Dental Placements is a temporary employment agency to help people find work with dentists.

Career Counselling

Well, all I can say is that Experienced Dental Placements now has a job opening.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Then you go with what you know Nick. I'll definitely back your play on that.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

What do you guys think?

this witness said the baby was pulled out of the car first, and then the gunfire really started.

Not very likely.

Everything I'm reading today indicates witnesses saw her trying to get out of the car and flee. A few witnesses say she was shot in the drivers seat. In either sceanrio, it doesn't sound like anyone went in and scooped up the kid first.

Now, the next debate is... "why shoot an unarmed woman trying to flee on foot?"

They didn't know for sure whether she was unarmed. They only didn't find a weapon later.

Obviously, she wasn't going to out-run them. However, they were probably not only authorized, but instructed to neutralize the threat if she didn't immediately surrender.

Still a lot of details missing, though.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Desperation, increased radicalism, fear, people losing faith in their government and hope.

Self immolation...god. The articles talk about how they don't understand his motive. That is so dumb. You have a guy self-immolating himself before the capitol. His motive was putting on the ultimate display of distress for the USG to behold.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just some photo observations and speculation.

Here is the route from the start of the video. After escaping the three cars that could have blocked her against the barrier, she took off headed the wrong way into the South round-a-bout, then did a full loop around the north round-a-bout. Police could have forced her into an accident on the second one by taking out her back-end, but it looks like there were too many people around to try that move.

Here's where she ended up. The automatic barriers outlined in red must have popped up and forced here swerve to where the red circle is... then being surrounded by Police... and then shot, either in the car or trying to flee from the car.

Evidence gathering at the scene where she was fatally wounded. I assume they are marking bullet shells.

Here is a perspective shot from where they were gathering evidence. The sign was different back in 2011 from this Google pic. Interestingly, it looks like Google actually caught the image when the post was down on this stitched image... It looks like they replaced it with one that has a concrete base.

Everyone has seen this one. Driver side window shot out.

Car being towed away

edit on 10.5.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The Reality ..........An Unarmed Woman with a Child in a Car was MURDERED by the Police Because she would not Stop her Car ...........Yeah , thats just about Right........

www.youtube.com...=159

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

That was not in front of the White House. That was in front of the Capitol, at the Garfield Memorial. This was after she had already rammed the barricade at the WH and hit a uniformed secret service agent.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

All of this for one unarmed woman with a baby driving around in a area the size of a tuna can.

If this was enough to have them pissing their pants, shooting and crashing into each other then, I guess you can sleep well at night knowing your Capitol is secure.

Does explain why they have brought Russian troops in. I guess the Russian embassy feels a little better knowing they have standby they can rely on.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

he Reality ..........An Unarmed Woman with a Child in a Car was MURDERED by the Police Because she would not Stop her Car ...........Yeah , thats just about Right........

At most I can see a matter of perception. That's all.
When she was backing up her car on the video.
She was threatning the officers lives. I'm giving the
cops some credit this time. There's not enough to
do anything else IMO.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yep! New code for "touch your toes and spread 'um!"

They may sound like him, but these guys are not your Maybury's Barney Fife. Same Napoleon complex but I think Barney was smarter.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by JBA2848

Desperation, increased radicalism, fear, people losing faith in their government and hope.

Self immolation...god. The articles talk about how they don't understand his motive. That is so dumb. You have a guy self-immolating himself before the capitol. His motive was putting on the ultimate display of distress for the USG to behold.

But don't forget about MeK and Anwar al-Awlaki followers setting themselves on fire in front of embassies around the world. It could be terrorism related.

www.nejatngo.org...

edit on 5-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Many people are saying she had to have been mentally ill, up to no good or was seeking suicide by cop, to have done what she did. It is possible, though many that know her, says that none of those claims add up for the person that they knew and loved. Maybe what happened was so simple that it is too easy to dismiss, because simple does not fit into their agenda; and we know, they can never allow a good crisis to go to waste.

Let me start with telling you about a true incident that happened to me quite a few years ago. I have found in my old age that I have a tendency to be a bit long winded when sharing my thoughts and experiences, so you may want to go to the bathroom and get yourself a beverage before going on to the next part of my posting; or you may just want to stop here and go onto something more exciting and faster paced. Okay; warned; on with it.

I come from a fairly large family, and we are pretty close. Every year we gathered to celebrate Christmas at my house. Our Mom lived with me, we were young, and few of us had started our individual lives with families, so Christmas was where Mom was, and that was with me.

One Christmas my sister-in-law left the gathering to take her children home. It was after dinner and the adults had started to imbibe in a bit of Christmas cheer, so she felt it was time to take the little ones home and settle them down for the night. My sister-in-law doesn't drink and she hadn’t had anything that contained alcohol the entire day.

My driveway was packed with cars and her van was in the middle of the grouping. One of my sisters and her husband (my brother) went out to assist her in getting her van free from the well-placed cars that had her blocked in. To this day, we don't really know what happened, but my sister-in-law got in her car, and while backing up, the car suddenly accelerated and she hit the mailbox of my neighbor across the street. I guess she panicked, because before we could call out to her, she shifted into drive and crashed into my garage door. As we were running to get to her, she backed up again and crashed into the tree just in front of my neighbor’s front window. By the time the smoke cleared my sister-in-law had taken out a mailbox, severely damaged a garage door, mangled another mailbox, bruised a perfectly placed tree and scraped 3 parked cars. All of this took less than 3 minutes. There were at least 30 witnesses, and no one, including the driver, can tell you, without a shadow of doubt, what happened.

The insurance company said she was excited, became confused, and kept mistaking the accelerator for the brake, because they couldn’t find anything wrong with the accelerator or the brakes. My sister-in-law of course, to this day, says that it wasn’t true, that the van developed a mind of its own and failed to respond to her attempts to stop it. She said she “was” pressing on the brakes, but the van wouldn’t stop.

We have no definitive answers for what happened. We all have our own ideas about what happened that evening. The only thing we can agree on is that it was a blessing that no one was hurt, especially the children, they were laughing, thinking it was some kind of game their kooky uncles were playing, and it remains one of the “Do You Remember The Time”, stories that is told at our yearly gatherings.

Something as mundane as this would not make for good press and would not fill an entire day of TV time. I will also add that I once lived in the area were this travesty occurred. I had been away for a long time and I was shocked, amazed and frightened when I attempted to maneuver the once well know and travelled street of our nations Capitol.

Those barricades were not there when I lived in DC. I didn’t know what the heck they were when I first encountered them, and I had no clue of how to get around them to find an alternate route to my destination. It was late, and I was surprised at the number of people that were still walking about at that time of night. Since my eyes are not what they used to be, it was a bit hairy and quite daunting at times. So if she wasn’t familiar with the changes to downtown streets, that could have also played into the equation.

I don’t know what happened and I don’t think we will ever know. I just think I have to also give the people who knew her best the benefit of the doubt, at least until they prove to us that it was necessary for every officer in the area to take a pot shot at her head, when the car was stopped, and they had access to the woman and the child. How afraid could they have been of this woman and why?

They claim the child is okay. How could the child have survived that many bullets being aimed at that car with the child in the seat behind the mother’s head (which seemed to be their main target)? It has to be a true miracle, if the child came through this unscathed.

We have lots of information popping up on the mother. Where is the information regarding the child, other than the fact that they are keeping the child from the family?

More mystery.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Let me start with telling you about a true incident that happened to me quite a few years ago. I have found in my old age that I have a tendency to be a bit long winded when sharing my thoughts and experiences, so you may want to go to the bathroom and get yourself a beverage before going on to the next part of my posting; or you may just want to stop here and go onto something more exciting and faster paced. Okay; warned; on with it.

I had already sat down with some milk and cookies. So perfect timing.
I like long winded rather than short and leaving questions..

I know wierd things happen and I agree they do at some odd times.
But look at this way. When the cops stopped her. They stopped the car.
edit on 6-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I know wierd things happen and I agree they do at some odd times. But look at this way. When the cops stopped her. They stopped the car.
reply to post by randyvs

Okay I give you that. So they stopped her, the car was stopped; then why the need for the 5000 gun salute?

If they shot her out of fear of injury to an innocent bystander, what is more dangerous? A car out of control car with a dead woman at the wheel or a car with a crazy lady running from the cops with her baby in the back seat?

I have said and I repeat, I don't know what happened. For me, the story they are pushing, just doesn't sound right; to me.

I hope I can restrain myself in the future. You know you probably shouldn't encourage us old farts. You will probably fall asleep before we do, once you get us all wound up.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join