It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Capitol locked down after reports of shots fired near the West Front

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I will agree, that's a long winded story.

But the question remains in my mind, why drive all the way from Connecticut to Capitol Hill? Your sister-in-law had a purpose for being at your house. But if Miriam Carey had no purpose for being there, why did she take the time that morning to get dressed, dress her child, strap her child into the car seat, put the baby bag in the car, drive through the forsaken toll booth, pay the toll all the way from Connecticut to Washington DC?

She was not there as a tourist, she was not there to testify before Congress, she was not there for any real purpose. So why waste all that time doing the mundane things mothers do before taking their kids shopping or other such things?

It makes no sense to me that she would just wake up one day and decide to put her kid in the car to go all the way there to commit suicide when there were plenty of opportunity before leaving Connecticut. It makes no sense to me why she would not have gotten a babysitter that day if she were going to be a tourist. It makes no sense to me why she would take the time to get the cash to pay for the tolls.

It makes a little sense to me that she would be going there on that day because the government was supposed to be shut down and that as a career counselor she would be upset over the economy.

It takes planning to map out a route, fill up your car with gas, dress yourself and the kid, remember to get toll money and drive away. This was not a whim on her part, she was going there on a mission, one that we might not know for a long time.

I think she got there for her mission, suddenly changed her mind and tried to back out of it. But in doing so, was killed. She didn't know the layout of Washington DC or Capitol Hill. But in the video, she knew how to drive well. She led them on a chase. What she did not do was stop the car and put her hands in the air, like most people normally would do when the police have guns drawn.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

hope I can restrain myself in the future. You know you probably shouldn't encourage us old farts. You will probably fall asleep before we do, once you get us all wound up.

At fiftyfour all I can say is:

I'll race you to dream land !

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Sorry about that. I have never been able to say anything by getting straight to the point. Can blame my ancestors for that one. My grandmother was native American and my great-grandfather was half Irish and half Jewish, all well known for being great story tellers. So I came by it honestly.

I like bits and pieces of your of your story but were are the connections? Has the family or anyone, for that matter, commented on why she was in D.C.? Has she been there before? Why did she have the baby with he, if it was a business trip? If she was on a mission, why bring the child? Would she waste her time going to Capitol Hill at a time that she knew the place was shut down?

It sounds plausible in places, but not with all those wide open holes. Too much is missing and I don't think we stand a snowball's chase in hell of ever hearing the true story.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."
"Heaven will direct it."

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sorry about that. I have never been able to say anything by getting straight to the point. Can blame my ancestors for that one. My grandmother was native American and my great-grandfather was half Irish and half Jewish, all well known for being great story tellers. So I came by it honestly.

I like bits and pieces of your of your story but were are the connections? Has the family or anyone, for that matter, commented on why she was in D.C.? Has she been there before? Why did she have the baby with he, if it was a business trip? If she was on a mission, why bring the child? Would she waste her time going to Capitol Hill at a time that she knew the place was shut down?

It sounds plausible in places, but not with all those wide open holes. Too much is missing and I don't think we stand a snowball's chase in hell of ever hearing the true story.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."
"Heaven will direct it."

That's what I am saying too, there are too many holes and it does not make sense to me. We've all heard the stories of mothers that have Post Partum and killed their children. But she didn't kill her child. Susan Smith in South Carolina killed her children then blamed it on non-existent black men. But she wasn't far from home.

There are 265 miles from Stamford to DC, all of which might take 5 hours. In that 5 hours she had time to think about she going to do when she got there. Whatever was on her mind we will never know.

But yes, exactly, why bring the child? You know that in the time it took to drive there, the child probably had to have a diaper change and a feeding, that she would have had to stop for, if she were a good mother. Whatever message she wanted to say will never be said now.

If she really believed Obama was sending her messages telepathically, didn't she even think that Michelle might have some disagreement with her over coming to see him? I hope she was not one of those people who thought Obama was the messiah. That might be a consideration. But her company also donated 57,000 dollars to the Trayvon Martin Foundation. That's not pocket change.

What was Obama's last speech before that day? Does anyone remember?

ETA: I found a video of Obama giving a campaign speech in Stamford, Connecticut in August 2012.
Obama in Stamford

edit on 10/6/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/6/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Maybe listening to that speech snapped her. Obama was saying things that were so far from the truth in that speech that I literally had to rewind and listen again numerous times because I just couldn't believe that he actually said that. He actually claims that 98% of Americans have incomes of $100-158,000. Holy crap lies. The median household income is $50k...Brain popping at moments speech. I couldn't watch anymore after the first 13 minutes because it was making me ill.

Psychotic breaks can be long lasting. A 5 hour drive is not improbable for someone undergoing one and with things GPS route finding, it doesn't take much planning. Just get oneself and one's child ready and hit the road. I don't find that aspect to be improbable at all. This isn't the old days where one has to buy a map.

From what I can tell, the donation to the Trayvon Martin Foundation was through her sister's company, 5LINX. Other than her sister, I couldn't locate any apparent direct connection between 5Linx and Miriam.
Source: youtu.be...

A psychotic depression does not necessarily mean that, when it surfaces in a mother, that she's going to kill her children. The focus is more likely going to depend on what one perceives as being that damaging force. Considering how politically charged things have been, a psychotic break having a political edge isn't that surprising to me. Likewise, considering that she took her daughter for an up to 85 mph car chase through Washington DC, that doesn't really spell out that she had her daughter's best interests in mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Maybe listening to that speech snapped her. Obama was saying things that were so far from the truth in that speech that I literally had to rewind and listen again numerous times because I just couldn't believe that he actually said that. He actually claims that 98% of Americans have incomes of $100-158,000. Holy crap lies. The median household income is $50k...Brain popping at moments speech. I couldn't watch anymore after the first 13 minutes because it was making me ill.

Psychotic breaks can be long lasting. A 5 hour drive is not improbable for someone undergoing one and with things GPS route finding, it doesn't take much planning. Just get oneself and one's child ready and hit the road. I don't find that aspect to be improbable at all. This isn't the old days where one has to buy a map.

From what I can tell, the donation to the Trayvon Martin Foundation was through her sister's company, 5LINX. Other than her sister, I couldn't locate any apparent direct connection between 5Linx and Miriam.
Source: youtu.be...

A psychotic depression does not necessarily mean that, when it surfaces in a mother, that she's going to kill her children. The focus is more likely going to depend on what one perceives as being that damaging force. Considering how politically charged things have been, a psychotic break having a political edge isn't that surprising to me. Likewise, considering that she took her daughter for an up to 85 mph car chase through Washington DC, that doesn't really spell out that she had her daughter's best interests in mind.

Alice, I am not going to comment on your reasons behind your hypothesis about what happened because we simply just do not know. The way you describe the reasons may in fact be the exact way she was thinking at the moments of the event.

My point is this, the amount of unknowns in this story is mind boggling, and we are likely to now never know the why's of it because she is dead. No matter her reasons, in my opinion there was no justification for killing her, heat of the moment or not.....she was unarmed. This story is full of questions and none will likely ever be answered and the truth will never be known. For example, I remember the media saying early on in the story that there were shots fired at the white house and a chase was in progress to catch "the perpetrator" who had allegedly fired shots and wounded 2 police officers. We now know that this is not even close to what actually happened. I won't speculate on her reasons for going to Washington as honestly who can answer that? It is possible that her reasons were for protest or because of infidelity/paternity of her child, it is not unheard of that some politician could not keep it in his pants and afterwards just tried to "make the distraction" go away so as not to ruin his career.

I hate thinking bad about our country but a plausible event storyline to me seems like this scenario is a likely one also. Approaching a temporary checkpoint that usually would not even be there words are exchanged with the pseudo military that are manning the checkpoint. Maybe over the absurdity of having a checkpoint in that particular location...who knows? At any rate words are exchanged, annoyed and quite possibly a little angry she attempts turning to avoid the checkpoint and effectively remove herself from the situation. This is where she rubs up against a barricade and starts to leave. The personnel at the checkpoint at this time are most likely ordering her to stop and she will not as in her mind she has done nothing wrong. Because she refuses the commands to stop they inevitably draw their weapons and someone gets an itchy trigger finger and squeezes off a shot fairly quickly before she even registers the fact that the weapons have been drawn. In other words they draw weapons, 2 second delay someone squeezes off a round and this is where she panics. Having had a shot or 2 fired in her direction by stressed and overstrung checkpoint guards she now flees with all due haste as they have (accidently or not) fired at her. This is where the chase ensues and starts it's journey from outside the White House to just outside the Capitol Building. Now after being chased and thoroughly panicked they manage to sloppily corner her vehicle (she was not properly boxed in, if she was she would have been pinned and not been able to back up at all). At this point or many others stop sticks could have been used but oddly the thought never crossed anyone of the officers minds..... Because she was not boxed in and having weapons drawn on her (and having also previously been fired upon) she panics again and tries again to remove herself from the situation by fleeing. This is when the order was supposedly given "authority to shoot to kill". At this point she manages to squeeze her vehicle through police again (not easy as they were on all sides of her vehicle) and as she is fleeing they open up on her with a hail of gunfire. She turns around and is now heading in the other direction but is now severely wounded and her car hits a barricade and comes to a halt after a brief journey down the street. This is where the child is supposedly taken from the car and also where one version of the story has her being "fatally shot" (whether this happened or not who knows). I think the order was given well before that point in the story however. Like maybe after she left the initial checkpoint to cover up the fact that the guards were the ones who initially panicked and fired shots.

Even after this event the mystery continues, such as why can't the family view the body? Why is the child in protective custody and not in the custody of the grandparents or aunt? Why was their absolutely no attempt to shoot the tires of the vehicle out or use stop sticks yet a hail of gunfire unloaded on the vehicle with civilians present was deemed ok? Too many questions and not enough answers and unlikely anyone will ever get the answers now.

Regardless of the why's of the incident I was totally sickened at the image of the politicians all applauding the "heroic actions of the officers involved" and labeling them "true heroes". There was and never will be anything heroic about ending the life of an unarmed civilian regardless of the reasons for doing so. The rousing rounds of applause made me sick to my stomach.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Why is there no tyres on the car before they towed it away? Very strange....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I actually was basing it on the statements made by Miriam's sister in terms of what was going on with Miriam mentally. My point was actually that, if mental instability exists, it's next to impossible to predict how someone is going to behave. That's why I said that bit about how some mothers kill their children, others may, like Miriam, could've had an entirely different brand of something going on. To make it clear, I hold no specific theories as to why Miriam Carey did what she did for that very reason but was imply making a suggestion for how one could become politicized.

A few months after her daughter was born, Miriam Carey was diagnosed with postpartum depression with psychosis, her sister, Amy Carey-Jones, said on CNN's "AC360."

www.cnn.com...

I agree. There is so much that we do not know about what went on with her or the events of that day. As frustrating as it may sound, the odds are that we may never comprehend why things occurred as they did. I'm very mixed on the outcome.

As far as her daughter goes, taking a child into protective custody is actually a pretty common practice when the parent, regardless of their survival or not, engages in a behavior that puts the child at risk. Basically, the mother's behavior was a red flag of possible issue. If Miriam Carey had simply died in a typical auto accident, then there would be no red flag on the family. Even if Carey had not been shot, her daughter would've still been taken into protective custody or if she had driven like that anywhere else for that matter.

kbkw.com...
www.zwire.com...

It's normal.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Why is there no tyres on the car before they towed it away? Very strange....

This is what happens in REAL life when your tires are shot out and you continue to drive upon them, It's not like in Hollywood where you cannot drive or the tires explode and your car flips over. Those rims still let you drive when the rubber has shredded away, you know. For all those "Monday morning quarterbacks" screaming that the police should have shot the tires out, it looks like they DID...and see, she still got away. This is not a movie, this is actual reality.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not tires missing, WHEELS missing. Rim + tire missing.
That last photo must be from a police report or from her social media.
I read that her car was jacked up and her wheels were stolen in her apartment parking lot.

Look at the plastic milk crate under the door. If you've ever seen the result of expensive rims taken off a car late at night you will no doubt have seen the car left sitting on old tires or milk crates or cheap scissor jacks. Thieves can use two lightweight aluminum low profile floor jacks on the front and back, after loosening the lug nuts, they jack the car up fast, take the wheels off, put something underneath to support the car and then lower the car and escape with their jacks and wheels.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought her tyres were not shot out at all, also, car would be in a police impound yard and not her own parking lot so none of that makes sense at all to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
I thought her tyres were not shot out at all, also, car would be in a police impound yard and not her own parking lot so none of that makes sense at all to me.

My post up above yours explains it.
Her car was parked overnight in her apartment parking lot.
Thieves jacked it up and stole her wheels. That is an expensive car with expensive alloy rims.
This all happened in the past. I read this in the news somewhere. The last photo of her car doesn't show any damage to the body. See? The last photo is an old photo from when her wheels were stolen off her car.

edit on 7-10-2013 by XXX777 because: clarification

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I don't think I made it through 10 minutes, all I heard was "blah, blah, blah, evil Republicans, blah, blah, blah, stupid GOP, blah, blah, blah".

I am amazed how people who fell in love with him didn't actually hear a word he said. They were all like "hope and change". But they never listened to how he said it should come about.

I want to know this..way back in 2007 when the MSM kept telling us he was going to be "woo hoo, the first black president", why they didn't "woo hoo" for Alan Keyes? Where is the veneration for Alan Keyes who ran at the same time? The GOP should have put Alan Keyes in there.

But if Miriam Carey did go to that speech and then believed later that Obama was watching her life, I'm not sure she was for or against him. I guess it would be a huge mental break if everything you thought was true, has now been proven false. But apparently she did have a head injury, but it wasn't so bad it changed her whole personality.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Removed since it has been clarified in a previous post.
edit on 10/7/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Zarniwoop
Just some photo observations and speculation.

Everyone has seen this one. Driver side window shot out.

Car being towed away

This is a short version of Zarniwoop's post showing the car after the chase, and the car after the wheels were stolen this summer. No tow truck driver drags a car on the brake rotors. The whole car would be taken into evidence by professional investigators. Nobody would take the wheels off and leave it on milk crates unless they were smash'n'grab thieves. Notice there is no body damage to the car without wheels.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I saw that picture before also and thought it didn't make sense. Did the MSM put that picture in just to throw us off? I would imagine that Capitol Hill police would have had it towed on one of those big tow trucks that they put the whole car on. I would not see they would have used just a regular tow truck.

And since reports would have had to be filled out, her car would not have been taken to impound right away, it would have gone straight to the police lab place. This car won't ever be sold again, it's going to be smashed. If it weren't paid for yet, the repo company will have to wait, but I don't think they will get it either, if it weren't paid for yet.

This story is too big just to send the car right away to the junkyard, and that's where it will go eventually.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

lol I'm surprised I made it as long as I did. Usually outright lies tends to put me into a near epileptic fit. Classic moments that made my mind spasm was the 98% of Americans making $100k+ remark and the other that every country throughout the world would love to be the United States.
Pretty darn sure that was another inaccurate statement as well. I'm a strict centrist politically.

I think that people really very much wanted to believe in somebody at the time and Obama fit the bill. I'm a little more pragmatic about Obama. I think he was definitely an idealist. I think he just found out that Washington DC is most likely the ninth ring of hell for idealists and where idealism goes to perish.

If she did think that Obama was monitoring her, how far off from the reality would that be? Maybe the whole surveillance "thing" was the final cracking point for her.
edit on 7/10/13 by WhiteAlice because: apparently i'm fluent in gibberish.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
this is a very large thread and a very complex story.

can someone summarize what the facts are?
did she have a gun?
if she did not have a gun, what was the reason for the use of lethal force?
if she did have a gun, did she shoot first? who did she shoot?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Something is just not right with this woman being shot multiple times and her baby is ok through this? Some say it was removed then she was shot, why not tazer the driver if they were so close? To me it looked like she had panicked when she saw the police pointing their guns at her and that's why she took off.
There will be footage showing the moment she entered Capital Hill to the moment she died in a hail of bullets somewhere, but won't be made public.
Wish someone could say for definite how many cameras are on the streets that she drove on instead of just a shaky film that was shown.
The photo of her car with no wheels is just below the one where you can clearly see the bullet holes, so why include it if it is an old one not connected to that day?
This whole thing stinks to high heaven.........

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join