It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Capitol locked down after reports of shots fired near the West Front

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

ABC News quoted Carey’s mother as saying that Carey suffered from postpartum depression after her child was born, but there was scant additional information available about psychological struggles or mental breaks she may have experienced. Miriam Carey’s sister, Amy Carey, was incredulous when a reporter told her what had happened.
www.washingtonpost.com... 8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html
“That’s impossible. She works, she holds a job,” said Amy Carey, a nurse who lives in Brooklyn. “She wouldn’t be in D.C. She was just in Connecticut two days ago. I spoke to her.”

I don't buy it, I don't buy she was mentally ill, there is more to this story than meets the eye.

We will never know.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well what do you know,yet another person who went crazy addicted to psychological drugs.

According to the drudgereport.com... drugs where found at her apartment for mental problems.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Montana

I really think you need to look at the whole event again from start to finish (or possibly for the first time). The cops tried to defuse it twice. She refused to defuse (!). Not their fault at that point. It's all on her.

Tragic, sad, but I agree.

I know a guy who served in Iraq. Spent several weeks manning a checkpoint tower for US base. Every once in a while Iraqi natives would make a wrong turn speed toward the base. Then he would broadcast over the loud speakers the whole warning in Arabic etc. If they didn't stop they would fire warning shots, if they still didn't stop the protocol was to aim for the engine and tires.

Now...he never had to kill innocent folks in that scenario, but it did happen at other US bases, he knew guys who had to open fire on cars that ended up being innocent folks that for whatever reason refused to stop.

It's a horrible position to be in...Letting those cars speed into the barricades often resulted in car bombs detonating.

So those soldiers were faced with the insane choice...(A) Not shooting...a decision by you..that could result in you and your fellow soldiers all dying. Your decision to gamble on mercy could cost every one of your teammates their lives...(B) or you open fire and risk killing innocent people. Car bombs were common occurrences. Just a horrible position to be in.

The capitol police didn't have the luxury of assuming she was simply crazy, but harmless. If it was just their own lives...they could gamble their own lives in some pseudo-noble action. But inaction would be gambling with the lives of everyone in the vicinity. Senators and Congressman were lying on the ground...the woman had tried to breech the gate at the White House and was trying to do the same at the Capitol Building...she didn't respond to the dozens of police that surrounded her...she rammed cars to escape and continue on...

Tragic, but the capitol police made the only choice they could. They can gamble their own lives if they choose, but in those scenarios they don't have the luxury to gamble with everyone else's lives by not stopping her when all other measures have been exhausted....and anyone that watches the video knows they went to great lengths to stop her without lethal force.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Yet her sister says nothing.

I give up, need air.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Anytime they lock down a whole city it's a false flag opp to train people that they have the authority to trample on your rights and freedoms. If it was a random shooting then nothing would happen.
edit on 4-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Knowing this route quite intimately, I have some issues with the fact that her vehicle was not stopped before making it onto Capitol grounds.

Additionally, at 7 seconds into the video below I've noted that her vehicle is going in the wrong direction for someone travelling the route that we have been told.

Notice she is travelling from South to North (which is clear in the video) but if she was coming from the White House and travelling the route suggested or any variation of it, the car would be coming from the North and heading South.

I find this to be quite curious.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Take a look at this car. Infintit G37 Coupe. I own a G35 coupe, which is essentially the same car. Last night I was reading this story on MSN, and I noticed something odd. They said this car "rammed a police car" and kept right on going. Naturally I couldn't find the story to link to this morning. But think about it; either this is the same sensationalist "Breaking News we can't help but hopelessly screw up" or Infiniti finally took my advice and used an adamantium body shell. I backed out of my garage wrong, barely touched the frame, and *crunch*, need a new fender. NO WAY this car rammed a bigger auto and continued on like so many Hollywood movies, with nothing to show but a little white paint scuffs.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

not stopped before making it onto Capitol grounds

wondering
Could she have gone this route before?

edit on 093131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Whelp www.cnn.com... now reporting this woman was addicted to prescription medication for mental problems.For being so crazy she sure knew how to drive well.This stuff going on is a serious moral collapse of society along with depression and addiction to prescription drugs.Media is behaving poorly and Obama has divided the country.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The boyfriend said the woman was acting delusional, claiming the president had placed Stamford under lockdown and that her house was under electronic surveillance, the source said.

Boy, that's a familiar story.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

The boyfriend said the woman was acting delusional, claiming the president had placed Stamford under lockdown and that her house was under electronic surveillance, the source said.

Boy, that's a familiar story.

It probably is really true with the NSA spying going on.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
wondering
Could she have gone this route before?

I would have to say absolutely.
I particularly note the area in front of the reflecting pool (look at 3rd and Pennsylvania on the map below):

Someone travelling down Pennsylvania would have to be familiar with the area because it is a touch tricky to know to turn down Third and that doing so will place you at the reflecting pool and even if one knew that it did, the fact that she navigated the circles South of the Capitol Reflecting Pool with ease (something that is difficult to do as that area is quite intentionally confusing) and the fact that there were no obstructions to her as my experience with this specific area South of the Capitol Reflecting Pool is that it is almost fortified-- it ALWAYS has a HEAVY law enforcement presence with numerous vehicles.

But most importantly, in the video she is driving South to North and if her starting point was the White House and she traveled the route suggested, it would be impossible for her to be driving South to North-- the only direction someone taking that route would be travelling is North to South.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I click publish once but ATS seems to publish my post twice. Goodness.
edit on 10/4/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That's pretty darn interesting, considering.
hmmmm

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

ABC News quoted Carey’s mother as saying that Carey suffered from postpartum depression after her child was born, but there was scant additional information available about psychological struggles or mental breaks she may have experienced. Miriam Carey’s sister, Amy Carey, was incredulous when a reporter told her what had happened.
www.washingtonpost.com... 8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html
“That’s impossible. She works, she holds a job,” said Amy Carey, a nurse who lives in Brooklyn. “She wouldn’t be in D.C. She was just in Connecticut two days ago. I spoke to her.”

I don't buy it, I don't buy she was mentally ill, there is more to this story than meets the eye.

We will never know.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone could do something bad, angry, violent, horrible, random, whatever.

Paula Rader was the Wife of BTK and like all the women in that area she was terrified of the BTK killer yet she was married and had two kids with him. " A founding member of her Lutheran church, she was even known to be envied by the way her husband doted on her in public. He appeared to be, and likely was, every bit the true family man dedicated to his wife and children."

The point is , familyfriend testimony doesn't always tell the true story of a person.

Maybe this woman was an MK-Ultra controlled zombie..Occam says a much more likely scenario is that she was a person that was suffering from mental illness and made the wrong choices repeatedly yesterday.
edit on 4-10-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

JackSparrow17

They said this car "rammed a police car" and kept right on going. Naturally I couldn't find the story to link to this morning. But think about it; either this is the same sensationalist "Breaking News we can't help but hopelessly screw up" or Infiniti finally took my advice and used an adamantium body shell. I backed out of my garage wrong, barely touched the frame, and *crunch*, need a new fender. NO WAY this car rammed a bigger auto and continued on like so many Hollywood movies, with nothing to show but a little white paint scuffs.

Earlier in the thread I linked a video showing without a shadow of a doubt that she had nothing to do with the LE vehicle accident.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

It is possible, you are correct,
Just a gut instinct thing, and that these situations seem so common place now days, and similar.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How many times do they think they can pull this same song and dance on us?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

ValentineWiggin
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How many times do they think they can pull this same song and dance on us?

Yes, that is what is bothering me.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

That's pretty darn interesting, considering.
hmmmm

The car heading South to North was the thing that jumped out to me last night because I could travel that route with my eyes closed-- for two years when I lived on the Hill every morning at 4:30am I ran or cycled from my place a few blocks south of the Supreme Court travelling the same roads she traveled, running up the incline at 15th, cutting through the closed to traffic area in front of the White House (waving to the Uniformed Secret Service every morning), running through Lafayette Park to cut to Connecticut and turning down L to get to the gym.

And even having lived there, those circles South of the Capitol Reflecting Pool still confuses me and, having never seen it not fortified with numerous patrol cars and officers on foot, the lack of law enforcement in that specific area is puzzling. I also neglected to mention that the area of the Capitol Reflecting Pool is littered with tourists on the sidewalks and walking in the streets on either side and behind the water attraction; those tourists can be quite an obstacle to one driving the speed limit in that area.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join