It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

Perfume, short haircuts, clipped nails, pit stick - none of these rival tattoos in making the body ugly.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Well, the face is on show more than any tattoo... unless the tattoo also on the face. Then id definitely go with the easily to remove makeup.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

enament
About half of men out there dislike tattoos on women.

In a nutshell, you are just plain SOL.

Stay thirsty, my friend.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh I thought I'd add another thought.

What gets me about tattoos is if they are bad artwork. It just proves the person getting them is a poor planner and doesn't think things through. I have seen some really beautiful tattoos on women and knew that the girl wasn't a complete moron just because those take quite a bit of dough and planning(finding a great artist) to get.

They still start to look like an ink smudge as age comes to find them.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I would appreciate if you could be more civil in my thread. the is not sexisim.I am merely talking about my delema of having a hard time finding a mate who is not covered with tattoos. It is my preference.

If you are going to debate here please keep it civil please.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

enament

My opinion is you are off topic.

LINK

Since the adoption of trousers in Western Europe in Late Antiquity, trousers have been largely worn by men and not by women until the early 20th century.

During World War I, women wore their husbands' (suitably altered) trousers while they took on jobs previously assigned to men, and increasingly wore trousers as leisurewear in the 1920s and 30s. And for a period in the 1970s, trousers became quite fashionable for women. In the United States, this may be due to the passage of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which ruled that dresses could not be required of girls. Dress codes changed in public schools across the United States.

It's not off topic at all, it is actually relevant.

Women only used to wear skirts and dresses because that was deemed "feminine."

When women started wearing "manly pants" men everywhere began throwing a fit because "women wearing pants looks trashy. You can't be all motherly wearing a man's pants."

You can substitute blue jeans for tattoos in your argument and the logic would be the same.

You don't like women with tattoos because you have been socialized that way. Nothing more.

Give it 50 years and guys won't think twice about a woman with tattoos, the same way they don't think twice about a woman wearing blue jeans.

You might as well wear a sign proclaiming your inability to think outside of your own culture.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i happen to like tattooed women. but a lot of tattoos women have are cliche and all too traditional. come on, how many of them need to have the exact same swallow tattoos in the exact same place.

be original. my fiance is an apprentice for a great tatoo artist right now. and she has original tattoos on her.

but, i'm also tattooed myself. it's addictive.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So maybe you should start a thread about women wearing pants.
I am giving you a warning this is your last chance. You are attempting to derail my thread and I am not going to have it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Restricted

Perfume, short haircuts, clipped nails, pit stick - none of these rival tattoos in making the body ugly.

My point was that, those are cosmetics that detract from the bodies natural state that God created, which is a popular argument against tattoos.

So, if you think it is OK to cover up your natural scents (those smells were also created by God, and they are also your natural state).

Then, why is it justifiable to blemish God's perfect creation in one way and not another?

Oh, because you think it's ugly.
edit on 29-9-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Some like it some don't .I can appreciate a good tattoo on a man or on a woman. But it is not what I look for in a mate. I like art too but it just doesn't appeal to me as far as a mate goes. Some of them do look really neat I will agree. I just don't find it attractive as a turn on for me.

This argument is kind of like a religious debate people have strong opinions, some people are offended and some are not.You cant please everyone with an opinion. i guess that is why they call them opinions.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

People once got tattoos to be different. The irony is that it is now difficult to find anyone without a tattoo.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

enament

I am giving you a warning this is your last chance. You are attempting to derail my thread and I am not going to have it.

You are obviously missing the glaring point I am trying to make.

If all the women in your life that you have EVER known all had tattoos from the moment of your birth, you would not be complaining about women with tattoos. In fact, you would think they were attractive in the same way you find girls in blue jeans attractive.

Just like men used to complain about women wearing pants. How often do you hear men complain about women wearing blue jeans in today's world? None? Yeah. And if you were to watch a documentary about the pants revolution and the knee-jerk reactions men had about it you would be like "those guys were sooo dumb dem girls are sexy as hell in blue jeans."

The sad reality is that, you do not actually have your own opinion about girls with tattoos. Your "opinion" is just being dictated to you by your prevailing culture.
edit on 29-9-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
when i look at someone with a tattoo whether it be a male or a female i just think JUVENILE .

why dont you deform the heads with boards at birth or stick some cd's under your lips or rings around your neck when your at it .

grow up peoples if you caught a child drawing on their bodies with a pen you would scold them tattoo's are no different just forever and ever ask most people who have lived with a tat would they do it again and the answer is nearly always no .

it does say in the bible not to mark your body as god want's it back one day .

i wear my tats on the inside
way to easy for the law to identify you

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I do understand the point you are trying to make. But have you ever seen a beautiful building only to see the ground level covered with graffiti.Kind of takes away from the beauty of the building unless it is done in a tasteful artistic manner.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some graffiti looks awesome but would you like to have it on your house?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

geobro
when i look at someone wearing makeup whether it be a male or a female i just think JUVENILE .

why dont you paint the nails at birth or stick some lipstick on your lips or eyeliner around your eyes when your at it .

grow up peoples if you caught a child drawing on their bodies with a pen you would scold them makeup is no different just forever and ever ask most people who have lived with makeup would they do it again and the answer is nearly always no .

i wear my makeup on the inside
way to easy for the law to identify you

I wear my makeup on the inside, too.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I do understand the point you are trying to make. But have you ever seen a beautiful building only to see the ground level covered with graffiti.Kind of takes away from the beauty of the building unless it is done in a tasteful artistic manner.

Well, duh. Some tattoos look like poop because the "artist" sucked at their craft.

There are tattoo artists that can turn poorly done work into pretty amazing pictures.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some graffiti looks awesome but would you like to have it on your house?

If I could paint, I would probably do an HR Geiger portrait on my house.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

OP, I don't think its your opinion that's the problem. It's the massive lecture.

So you don't think tattoos are motherly? So what? I don't think motherly about my skating friends, but some of them are great mothers.

Someone's sister you know moved out of modelling because of tattoos ... which is nonsensical frankly, because you can cover those right up real easy. If the person doesn't know how to do it, give me their contact details and $200 and I'll give them a tutorial. If the career prospects are so hot, it will be worth the money.

Tattoos get faded as you get older? Sure, if you avoid sun cream and stay out doors a lot, that will happen. Then there comes a point where you get really old and then you're Lemmy from Motorhead. You know Lemmy from Motorhead? Not a huge giver of 'cares' if you catch my drift.

You get old, you die. It's what happens. You know what people see when you're older? An old person. Unless you're Lemmy, then they see Lemmy.

Some other persons think tattoos are a waste of money ... well next time you buy an xbox game, or a fictional book be sure to backhand yourself for me. Unless you live as a monk in a cave or in abject poverty, my tattoos aren't an invitation for anyone to judge my spending habits.

OH and it affects my job ... damn?! Why are they still paying me again?!

If a large percentage of the population think this much about ink, that's only encouraging me to get bigger more visible tattoos. Do they make glow in the dark ones yet? Cos if they do ...

You know what I don't find appealing? Body builders. I'm not gonna talk about how they waste money on water bulking supplements to hulk themselves, or say that I suspect they only get so big to pick up women and I suspect they're more likely to cheat on their wives, I'm not going to comment on if they're fatherly or not, I'm not going to discuss the long term health impacts of bulging up a persons heart to accommodate a size they were never intended to be and sit around mumbling about how un-natural it is ...

I'm gonna say ... whatever makes you happy big guy, now give me a piggy back ride and take me to the nearest milk shake place because I want a banana smoothie. Partly because I like bananas a lot but mostly because what I find or don't find sexually attractive shouldn't influence my judgements of other people to the point I have to deliver a scathing critique in public.

If they want my in depth opinion on their heavy stuff lifting addiction, I'm sure they're gonna ask ...

I mean either, everyday I wake up, I'm just sitting there going ... gawd I wish someone could come along and judge my body art for me! Gawd, especially someone that's not even remotely sexually attracted to me! That would be great, especially if they could put it in an essay and invite all their friends to come and point out how my ink was made using a crayola set and call me childish! Awwww yeaaaah, it's happening ... my day just got better! Advice from people without zero tattoo experience on how to choose my ink! Awwww hellz yeah it's even better now!

Or

I think you should write about your preference for persons not having tattoos on eharmony or adultmatchmaker.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

enament

I would appreciate if you could be more civil in my thread. the is not sexisim.I am merely talking about my delema of having a hard time finding a mate who is not covered with tattoos. It is my preference.

If you are going to debate here please keep it civil please.

You could go to a country that is, oh, say third world...and BUY a bride...err..mate...and well, you might need to wait a few years for her to mature..but hey, what isn't worth the wait, you know ?

Sowing the seeds of love...seeds of love...Sowing the seeds...

New and Improved from GENTECH....BiOeNgiNeEr your PERFECT MATE!!!

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

geobro

Well, if GOD wants it back.....

Sheesh...let me just screw it all up then.....I'm rentin this body!!!!!

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

enament

Is that kinda like you won't have anchovies on your pizza.....or....

- SN

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join