It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 stages of climate denial are on display ahead of the IPCC report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
the "warming" is not global, it affecting the entire solar system
but the AGW crowd is in denial because:

They Want to Blame You

and cash in on your guilt!

tssk,tssk!

so much impotent rage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ah , you Do Know that all this Global Warming Rubbish is All about Imposing a " Carbon Tax " on Every Industrialized Nation on the Planet for the Simple purpose of MAKING MONEY for the Economic Elites , and in No Way has Anything to do with " Saving the Planet " , Right ? If not , then you have " Drunk The Coolaid " these Scam Artists have offered you and will soon Realize what a Fool you have become friend .........My Condolences ....

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 22-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You throw your share of zingers, and seem to spend quite a bit of effort in sneaking in your attacks.

At least I am honest, and attempt to add a level of humor.

Having an honest discussion, also includes being honest, and not putting words in people's mouths.

Maybe you might want to re-read this post of yours and consider how kind you were trying to be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

How does this fit into global warming?

Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year
www.dailymail.co.uk...

First, the Arctic sea ice is not an "ice cap". An ice cap is on land. Greenland has an ice cap. Antarctica has an ice cap. The Arctic Ocean does not have an ice cap.

Second, 60% more than almost nothing is still almost nothing.

Third, the 60% more ice is THIN and BROKEN up. It will be blown around a lot and will melt very fast in the summer.

Fourth, the important measure for Arctic sea ice is VOLUME (or MASS if you prefer). The volume has absolutely NOT 'recovered'. Arctic sea ice used to be measured in METERS, now it is measured in CENTIMETERS.

reply to post by swanne

Be very, very careful about believing what you read in the Daily Mail on any subject. And if the author is David Rose talking about climate, you can be very safe by ignoring it altogether, because you will absolutely not get any useful information from it what-so-ever.

edit on 22/9/2013 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

What a fool I am, I will repeat myself.

The whole carbon credit concept is nothing but a scam, that would only put more money into the coffers of the ICBs, as I have already stated, as my opinion.

The whole carbon credit scam also does other things.

The Carbon Credit scam allows politicians to claim they they are trying to do something about global warming when they are not.

The carbon credit scam also allows people to continue to cling to denial, by pointing out this scam as a reason why people claim global warming is happening.

How do you not see the whole carbon credit scam for what it is on all levels?

This is an old technique. If you don't want something changed, that most people want to change, offer an unfeasible solution, or one that would actually make things worse, and insist that this bad idea is the only thing to do.

With this spelled out, can you see the ruse?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

That's True . On the other end of the Spectrum is the Suns Solar Maximum and Minimum Cycles which Greatly effect not only the Earths Adverage Global Temperture, but also the rest of the Planets in our Solar System . To date , Climatologists have no sure way to Predict the effects of the Suns Evolution to any Degree of Certainty when it comes to determining the causes of Global Warming or Global Cooling and the factor of Man Made Pollution added to their Equations . Those Scientists who purport that they do know for Certain are in my Opinion Charlatans and should be disregarded for their flawed Scientific Methods .
edit on 22-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

ummmm.... no. sorry to burst your bubble but there are no studies on the temperatures of the planets over a long period of time. it's a made up theory that for some odd reason keeps getting repeated. there are no long term studies about planet (outside of our own) temperature variations. jupiter and mars have experienced some REGIONAL warming recently but that's about it. spin it how you want but that does NOT make the entire solar system warmer.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

There is no warming that is any different than the weather that carved out the continents over thousands and thousands of years.

Float above Earth for 10,000 years or so...look down once in awhile and you will see Ice Ages, Hurricanes
warming and freezing periods, tsunamis, cyclones...you name it. All NORMAL.

So of course there is warming...and cold ages, earthquakes, typhoons...period cycles including sun spots shooting our way.

So simply because you are standing here watching it...makes it an issue...to you. Not the Earth. It is still...and always will be...doing what it does. And it will KEEP doing it regardless of whether this planet is inhabited, destroyed or void of life.

Warming and cooling should be a non-issue just because we are standing around for our lifetimes worth of observing, saying "Oh wow! Its global warming! And cooling...and.. and..." It is what it does.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'll play.

Give me a good reason why I should care about climate change, if there actually is such a thing, when I'll dead and buried before any of their hysteria may come true.

As far as the rug rats are concerned, the future is their problem, not mine.

I want lots of cheap energy and don't really care if it's clean or not.

I really want cheap gasoline, like sub $0.50/gallon, and the return of muscle cars with 302, 440 & 454 with lots of metal to protect me when the front end starts to lift off at 150mph.

My generation as well as the previous ones worked hard to build a good life and now we want to enjoy what's left of it. It may be selfish, but that's the way I feel about climate change.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's the Sun.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here is your facts. Now go to bed.

www.climatedepot.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

" It may be selfish, but that's the way I feel about climate change."

Do you Really Mean that ? Think for a Minute , your Dead , the Supreme Being questions you about this current Life you have had on planet earth , do you have any Regrets about some of the things you have done in this Life he asks ? What do you Say ? ....Hmm

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
It's the Sun.

:thumbs up:

plainer than the nose on their faces
but none are so blind as those who refuse to see

then again the shills often attempt to convince you that YOUR senses are fallible
but not theirs... :rolls eyes :

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

poet1b

This is a pretty well organized description of what we see from global warming deniers on ATS./

www.theguardian.com...

Stage 1: Deny the Problem Exists

Often when people are first faced with an inconvenient problem, the immediate reaction involves denying its existence. For a long time climate contrarians denied that the planet was warming. Usually this involves disputing the accuracy of the surface temperature record, given that the data clearly indicate rapid warming.

Or by cherry picking data, by looking at a single event, and comparing changes since.

Stage 2: Deny We're the Cause

Once people move beyond denying that the problem exists, they often move to the next stage, denying that we're responsible. John Christy and Roy Spencer took this approach by disputing the accuracy of global climate models in The Daily Mail and The Christian Post, respectively. Spencer was quite explicit about this:

Or they come up with wild theories that have no scientific backing, like the whole solar system is warming, it is not.

Stage 2b: Consensus Denial

In Murdoch's The Australian, Andrew Montford took a different approach to deny that we're the cause of the problem, attacking the expert consensus on human-caused global warming. Specifically he attacked the Cook et al. (2013) study finding 97 percent consensus on this question in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.

At this point, I think there is probably a conscious decision to deny what one does not want to believe. Some people would rather not face the reality. I can understand this.

Stage 3: Deny It's a Problem

Once they've progressed through the first two stages and admitted global warming is happening and human-caused, contrarians generally move on to Stage 3, denying it's a problem. Lomborg and Ridley did their best Tony the Tiger impressions in The Washington Post and Murdoch's Wall Street Journal, respectively, arguing that global warming is 'Grrrrreat!' (or at least nothing to worry about).

I also think this is also a coping mechanism.

Stage 4: Deny We can Solve It

In his editorial, Roy Spencer bounced between the second and fourth stages of global warming denial, also claiming that solving the problem is too expensive and will hurt the poor. In reality the opposite is true.

This one is where I am. I don't think we can fix this problem. It is too late, and more than anything, the political will is not there. The only thing to do at this time is to prepare for what is coming.

Stage 5: It's too Late

Stage 5 global warming denial involves arguing that it's too late to solve the problem, so we shouldn't bother trying (though few climate contrarians have reached this level). Unfortunately this stage can be self-fulfilling. If we wait too long to address the problem, we may end up committing ourselves to catastrophic climate change.

IMO, if we want to address the problem, then we have to be realistic about what we can do at this point. Getting enough people to wake up and face this reality is, again, IMO, the first step.

Come to Phoenix during the summer. Global warming is in full effect here. It's getting worse every yearl

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Metaphysique

BABYBULL24
It's the Sun.

:thumbs up:

plainer than the nose on their faces
but none are so blind as those who refuse to see

then again the shills often attempt to convince you that YOUR senses are fallible
but not theirs... :rolls eyes :

Well , its Not as Simple as that . Man Made Pollution also Has some Effect on our Earths Climate , but to what extent is still up for Debate . Deforrestation , Co2 Emissions degrading the Ozone Layer , Pollution in the Worlds Oceans causing " Red Tides " , the List goes on . For now though , it's just a matter of time before Science confirms the Real Truth ........Stay Tuned.........

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You are a disgrace to humanity, just my humble opinion. Are you a politician in anyway, coz you surdenly show the characteristics...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

123test321

-delete-test-

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread972299/pg4#pid16975220]post by Zanti

The whole carbon credit concept is nothing but a scam, that would only put more money into the coffers of the ICBs, as I have already stated, as my opinion.

I entirely agree.

But it does not mean that AGW is not happening nor that human activities are not affecting the climate to our detriment.

Smoking 100 cigarettes, drinking 10 pints or beer and eating 5 hamburgers every day may be harmful to your health. That governments tax these for their own ends, does not change this.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The guys who chopped down the last trees in Greenland, Iceland and Easter Island had the same attitude.

I have no children, so why should I care about the future? On the other hand, other people have children who will have children who will have children. And they will have to live in the world we create for them.

But then again, life will go on. For hundreds of millions of years. Whatever we do.

However, sheep don't care about what their field will be like in 100 years time. Why should we?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join