It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 stages of climate denial are on display ahead of the IPCC report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

The carbon credit scam is just another propaganda layer to fool the masses, and keep them confused.

With our current productivity rates, we could all be working about a quarter of the hours we are currently being forced to work to keep up with the ICB scam. Technology should be allowing us to live better lives, but the ICBs have managed to lock us all into a prison, that we can't even see.

Do you know how the Renaissance actually came about? This is the story they don't tell you in school.

St Thomas believed all cats were demons in animal form, and that women who had lots of cats were witches.

Europe burned a lot of old women with lots of cats (often with their cats), and at the same time anyone who practiced any level of medicine, and almost completely wiped out the cat population in Europe.

With the cat population decimated in Europe, rats bred like, well, rats, and so came on the bubonic plague, spread by rats. The black plague then led to the public turning against the church, and the revolt against the Catholic church.

I would say there is a good chance Global Warming will upset the apple cart once again.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

it asks people to do things they won't do though, at least not on a large scale.... mostly due to the climate change denial that tells us to do nothing.

And that is why I think people cling to denial, and nothing will be done, until things get so bad, people are forced to change.

Too bad, because I think the real solution would be better for everyone but the PTB.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The carbon credit scam is just another propaganda layer to fool the masses, and keep them confused.

So enlighten me then! Who gets the money that will be collected in the form of "Carbon Credits"?

Next question.

"What will they do with ALL of that money to save our planet from problems that THEY created in the first place?"......
Problem.......Reaction...........Solution..............

It's admirable for anyone who wants to save our planet from destruction. However, following and believing in those whom have become wealthy beyond our wildest imagination, whom have made millions and billions of dollars exploiting our planet and all whom inhabit it, seems kind of ridiculous to me!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

That would require going back to market economics, but sadly brainwashed masses would rather live in denial and ignorance.

An odd point of view if I may say. The 'brainwashed masses' - you and me - have little choice but to buy the goods that are produced by the capitalist elite and have no say on where they are produced.

A neat trick to turn this round and blame the people who have no control over the decisions. "We can't save the planet because people won't stop wanting cheap goods."

Ask most people and they would happily buy local, but they can't and you are blaming them for that?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

If the carbon credit scam is put into place, the same people who make massive amounts of money on interest collected on loans, made from fabricated money, will probably reap that reward as well.

Carbon Credits will not do anything about Global Warming.

It is just another propaganda ploy to allow people to cling to denial.

edit on 22-9-2013 by poet1b because: who

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by swanne

Being that your claims have been proven wrong so many times, with shipping lanes opening up that cross the Arctic Ocean!

I would like to know, do you think your level of denial could be a coping mechanism?

This is getting so old. RECORD ice levels globally, up 60% in 2013 HERE

I sure wish you Global Warming people would get educated, instead of making up pure fiction and cute little lists like in your OP.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by rickymouse

We could use a whole lot less energy, by getting rid of treaties that arrange for cheap chit to be made on one side of the planet by slave labor, designed to fail, and shipping that junk to the other side of the planet to sell to people on credit to enrich a few at the expense of the many.

That would require going back to market economics, but sadly brainwashed masses would rather live in denial and ignorance.

Shouldn't be speaking the truth like that.
Homeland Security may be watching....talking about the problems within our present Economic structure can get you on a list along with other 95 % of the people in America. Being on the list is the new "in" thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah.... about that majority thing? Not so much anymore. Global Warming as a trend, outcome or even likely occurrence at all in the modern times is highly debatable. The public is starting to agree. Calling this debate settled was extremely premature and based on garbage in-garbage out computer modeling that has yet to be accurate in much of anything it's tried to predict.

What climate change? Fewer people than EVER believe the world is really warming up

We're well into the range of years the first predictions were giving data for ...and it's all come up snake eyes for accuracy. Just a crap shoot that crapped out....and that's a shame for those who invested SO much into the idea that a truth could be made so, just be endless repetition of faulty data.

Sorry Global Warming Alarmists, The Earth Is Cooling

^^^ Now I'm not entirely sure I'd agree with Forbes, above, by taking the OTHER side at this point either. The climate seems generally broken and not trending either direction with any clear lines that hold for much. Wild and extreme incidents of weather are undeniable. The trend? Is so unclear, as to be folly to suggest it is settled on any level.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

The "settled" science approach always amuses me though, for how utterly self defeating it is. If the arrogance of telling the world something was settled, when it absolutely was not, wasn't the rule of the day? People might well be far more open to discussing it. However, that is the 'talk down' approach which has largely been used from the start....and so, the backlash was inevitable when data didn't pan out.

It hasn't panned out and the results now are predictable. People's patience is about shot for fear based arguments with data actually starting to openly contradict it.

Mother Nature just didn't get the talking points to follow or wasn't on-board to start with, IMO.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

We could be doing a lot more.

I am trying to wake people up, so they see the prison bars.

You are right, in our current economic trap, there is little we can do,

BUT, at the same time, it does no good to cling to denial.

If anything can be done, the first step is to wake people up to the reality.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your own link proves you wrong!

You gotta learn to not just read the title, and actually read the article.

"Of course, however, the 72 per cent of the public who acknowledge the climate is changing are backed overwhelmingly by the scientific evidence.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Maybe if you read the first page in this thread you would not have posted that nonsense?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But i gotta say it's brilliant how the masses have been divided and conquered on this important subject. I totally agree with poet1b on these matters. What on earth could it hurt if we seriously started reducing emissions, and change the way we exploit the planet for crap we don't really need?

edit on 22/9/2013 by kloejen because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If the carbon credit scam is put into place, the same people who make massive amounts of money on interest collected on loans, made from fabricated money, will probably reap that reward as well.

Carbon Credits will not do anything about Global Warming.

It is just another propaganda ploy to allow people to cling to denial.

Great! Now we are getting somewhere and also finding out we have more in common versus arguing over politics!

So with that being said, "Why is the governments of this Earth whom are aligned with the bankers, saying that carbon credits will solve the problem?". Why do you keep walking the grey line. Is it not Obama who keeps talking about the need for carbon credits? Why do you call it propaganda when it appears you are agreeing with Obama in one sentence, and then turning around and calling what he wants propaganda?

Please enlighten me on calling "carbon credits" propaganda. You seem to be unclear on that one. If you are saying carbon credits are BS and won't solve the problem, then we are in agreement. Otherwise, we are not.

Also, how about those companies whom are poisoning our planet and our food supply? (Monsanto, Syngenta, Dupont, etc etc......

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

poet1b
With our current productivity rates, we could all be working about a quarter of the hours we are currently being forced to work to keep up with the ICB scam. Technology should be allowing us to live better lives, but the ICBs have managed to lock us all into a prison, that we can't even see.

A lot of credence here. We work way harder than is required to clothe, feed, educate, entertain, house and keep our families healthy. I believe that the price of fuel needs to triple, to force our enslavement powers to no longer have cheap access to us as resources for world domination. I declined to build the 18,000 sqft estate and personal ego monument. I refuse to attend red brick empire churches, or mega-anything. I do not think it is our duty to bring the world into submission to one political philosophy or voting method, or 'good,' regardless of what we call it.

Personally I refuse to sit in a car 5 to 12 hours a week to make some out of control egomaniac richer than his neighbors. I don't care that you have the latest energy drink or new device.

Even less will I burn the candle at both ends to allow crony populated overpriced entitlement oligopolies to feed the world empire aspirations of a few.

The outcome of this insanity, is a whole host of environmental maladies which we deny in our fanaticism to perpetuate the only things we have known, to which we cling in fear.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Oh I give up.. I just don't have the energy for this..for the what? 5th? 6th time you've run the issue up the flagpole as a staunch advocate of man made global warming?

For the record...and since we have this communication problem often on threads, I'll say it a second time.... I DON'T DENY CLIMATE CHANGE. Where I am sitting is literally shaped and carved by Glaciers which towered far above my level for depth. Antarctica was once a lush and tropical climate for how it was positioned on this planet at one point of our deep history. The core samples of ice flows show, very very clearly, climate on this planet is in constant flux and constant change.

What I do not buy, have never really bought and still see no evidence to suggest is valid on any level? Global WARMING as a result of man's activity across just a number of decades worth of time. In fact I think it's the height of Hubris to think we're not only so powerful and over-lording to our environment that we can change it at will, but that we can actually do it by pure accident ....not to mention, fix it too.

Hubris rarely ends well for the side displaying it...and the side who believes they now understand the mind numbing complexity of climate SO well, they can predict it with certainty and ALL the factors that define it...despite never having had significant model come up right to date? .... has Hubris by the truck load. No deficit on that budget.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Pure propaganda nonsense put out by people handsomely paid by the oil companies to make such claims.

If you want to know the truth, you will have to do the homework and find out for yourself.

The evidence is out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Good to see that you do respond to reason, and good to know there are some things we can agree on, maybe much more.

I agree with Obama, if this is what Obama believes, that Global Warming is real.

I do not agree with Obama that carbon credits are any kind of solution at all.

The whole carbon credit concept is nothing but a scam, that would only put more money into the coffers of the ICBs, as I have already stated, as my opinion.

The whole carbon credit scam also does other things.

The Carbon Credit scam allows politicians to claim they they are trying to do something about global warming when they are not.

The carbon credit scam also allows people to continue to cling to denial, by pointing out this scam as a reason why people claim global warming is happening.

How do you not see the whole carbon credit scam for what it is on all levels?

This is an old technique. If you don't want something changed, that most people want to change, offer an unfeasible solution, or one that would actually make things worse, and insist that this bad idea is the only thing to do.

With this spelled out, can you see the ruse?

edit on 22-9-2013 by poet1b because: correct and improve statement on ruse

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Excellent post, I couldn't have said it better.

This too is my philosophy, and view of how screwed up things currently are.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's not my fault you failed to read the article you linked, that actually proved you wrong.

I wouldn't say I am a staunch believer that current global warming is caused by humanity, only that given the evidence, this is the most probably reason.

That you must absolutely be so opposed to the idea that current global warming is caused by humanity, is a good indicator of irrational thinking. Thus the whole point of this thread.

I would say it is easier to do something by accident, then on purpose. That humanity might accidentally be causing global warming is not a good indicator of our abilities, or certainly not our greatness. It is more of an indicator that we are no better than a virus.

You wouldn't be here if you didn't care.

edit on 22-9-2013 by poet1b because: Add second to last comment.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It's not my fault you failed to read the article you linked, that actually proved you wrong.

You really love attacking people and getting that little zinger in THAT badly, don't you? I mean...you've missed THE WHOLE POINT I'VE MADE to focus on a "zinger" totally out of context and out of place to what was said, to begin with.

If we can chat on topic, this is an interesting one. If this is another of your threads to just dump on anyone who does not agree with you...then I am sorry I wasted my time to even post this much on a subject i DO enjoy discussing.

That you must absolutely be so opposed to the idea that current global warming is caused by humanity, is a good indicator of irrational thinking. Thus the whole point of this thread.

Has it ever occurred to you to "just say no" to the urge to drop another insult or provocation into a reply? I've read down the thread and I know this is in NO way personal. You're doing it to many people.

It's not irrational thinking. It's a difference of opinion. Intelligent people can have them and still be intelligent people with educated opinions. Amazing to consider...but it happens every day. Even on THIS topic.

This is really quick for me...but I totally misread the purpose of the thread. I thought give and take discussion was more the idea than a trap to put down opinion..so I'll agree to disagree ..barring anything to really engage in constructive debate with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join