It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Kenyan Shopping mall! Dozens killed, hostages held!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Honestly people need to just be equipped with a weapon at all times. if that were the case, tons of people with guns, nobody would have been hurt and the attackers would have been the ones taken hostage. In a war of violence you need to take precautions. Someone send them all an assault rifle and have no more terrorism.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Anyone know a radical Christian sect killing, bombing and demanding people convert to Christianity at gunpoint?

Exactly!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... well this link as a small update to the kenya situation talks about how there was a SAS guy on in the mall with a hand gun that saved a bunch of people.

An off-duty member of the SAS emerged as a hero of the Nairobi siege yesterday, after he was credited with saving up to 100 lives. The soldier was having coffee at the Westgate mall when it was attacked by Islamists on Saturday. With a gun tucked into his waistband, he was pictured helping two women from the complex. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
so score one for the good guy with the gun!

www.dailymail.co.uk... rist-scene.html?ICO=most_read_modulehere is an article on the aleged mastermind the white widow a british ex pat

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
As I said in another thread. This stinks and it has an international purpose. The message isn't the attack its in the nationalities of the attackers. Attackers from the US, UK, and Canada. They put this group together special. Western terrorists, perfect for ramping up profiling and surveillance in the west.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And the plot thickens. Speaking of plot. Aren't you getting tired of the same ole story? (Yaaaaaawn)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ntfaulkner19

Why are you directing your response, especially one like this, at me? It implies I was talking about some sort of gun control, when I clearly wasn't and only posted how it was being reported in the UK, with no personal opinion at all at that stage.
I politely request that you edit or re-post as your own opinion please.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Uh well have you seen videos of the modern ''Witch Hunts?". The Catholic church was one of the pioneers when it came to forceful conversions. They forcefully converted 1/4 of the world during British colonization. Why do you think Christianity is so widespread?

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They said this was an international war Kenyans are fighting, gives you an idea of the events to come. Was watching NBC this morning and they were blaming IRAN for funding terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda and Al-shabaab....ha! Never laughed so hard.
edit on 24-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Shots are still being fired inside the building, mattresses burning in the parking lot causing the smoke (WTF??). No sign what so ever of any Israeli special forces, not even a single picture...all they're showing is Kenyan special forces entering and leaving the building as well as fire fighters.

The claim to have killed a further 7 terrorists, that's makes a total of 10 down. Deaths standing at 62 now.

Kenyans donating money now, $500,000 raised in two days for a cost the government should cover via Tax money. Found this article:

TextIn an article published by the Kenyan Daily Nation on December 17, 2010, it reports that 'The cables also say the military action took years of planning and was not a spontaneous reaction to abductions conducted by the Islamist group on Kenyan soil as repeatedly stated by government officials. The abductions seemed to provide Kenya with a convenient excuse to launch the plan, which, officials argued, was necessary to ensure protection against threats posed by an unstable neighbor.'

This secret plan, dubbed 'Jubaland Initiative,' outlined the creation of an artificial state in southern Somalia in an effort to choke off Al-Shabaab from the border areas near Kenya. At a meeting in Ethiopia in January 2010, the Kenyan delegation led by the-then Foreign Affairs Minister Moses Wetang'ula appealed for U.S. support in the operation.

In addition to U.S. involvement in Somalia and Kenya, the state of Israel also has close ties with the government in Nairobi. Israeli economic interests are much in evidence in Kenya where tourism hotels and other businesses such as the Westgate shopping mall are owned by capitalists who are citizens of the Zionist state.

SOURCE
edit on 24-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Indeed, I don't think that the counter-reformation ever ended. It's not a crime to kill heretics!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Slightly off topic I know and as much as I appreciate your contributions to this thread etc I really feel I've got to reply to this.

The Catholic church was one of the pioneers when it came to forceful conversions. They forcefully converted 1/4 of the world during British colonization. Why do you think Christianity is so widespread?

The UK is predominantly CofE Protestant.
If a member of the Royal Family marry's a Catholic they have to renounce their right to the throne, when Tony Blair was PM he was unable to convert to Catholicism until his resignation.
I have no doubt many missionaries etc forcibly converted people in Britain's colonial empire but I'd suggest that the widespread nature of Catholicism is more down to Spanish and to a lesser extent Portugese Catholic missionaries who were actively encouraged to force populations within their empires to convert specifically to Catholicism.
The Vatican also directly sent out it's own missionaries to newly discovered / conquered territories.

Hope this doesn't derail the thread - you're insight and perspective is most appreciated.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Told you I'm lazy.
cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am confused, first I hear stories about a nephew of the Kenyan President is among the dead and now another story, that a Clinton employee is among the deads.... to me it just seems a bit odd. What kind of shopping center is this? Why are so many people in there that are somehow tied to politics? On the same day!
edit on 24-9-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think they have verified a couple of the shooters were American ex-patriots

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

aLLeKs
I am confused, first I hear stories about a nephew of the Kenyan President is among the dead and now another story, that a Clinton employee is among the deads.... to me it just seems a bit odd. What kind of shopping center is this? Why are so many people in there that are somehow tied to politics? On the same day!

I was wondering the same thing myself.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you believe their Twitter press office, they have many more things planned.

HSM PRESS OFFICE ‏@HMS_PRESSOFICE2 7m
the kenyan public is being misled to think this was just unfortunate incident but well proof you wrong the next 24 hours #westgateattack

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They are now reporting that a womans body was discovered among terrorists, suggesting it was the white widow.
www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 093030p://bTuesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Up to three American TEENAGERS were involved in mall massacre: Kenyan foreign minister says men aged 18-19 from Minnesota were among the gunmen

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Their Twitter account has been removed but not before they stated they were about to bomb a bus station in Nairobi.

I'm afraid it was removed before I could copy it.

EDIT it's back up now.

HSM PRESS OFFICE ‏@HMS_PRESSOFICE2 32m
bus terminus in undisclosed location in nairobi to explode any minute #westgateattack

HSM PRESS OFFICE ‏@HMS_PRESSOFICE2 3m
update: bus terminus in undisclosed location is delayed due heightened sec on uhuru highway. #westgateattack

HSM PRESS OFFICE ‏@HMS_PRESSOFICE2 1m
change of plans, our mujahideen are preparing large scale attack on undisclosed tourist hotels. #westgateattack
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

HSM PRESS OFFICE ‏@HMS_PRESSOFICE2 2m
update: change of plans, our informant inside NSIS just sent frsh intel, we got booking details of legitimate targets at unidisclosed touris

I'm not convinced it isn't just someone in a basement, bored and trolling.
edit on 24-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

aLLeKs

This shopping center is popular among high society in Kenya, so there are a lot of tourists and diplomats.

I got it from reading multiple sources and was never there so can't guarantee if this is true.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I listened to a Canadian Press report this morning from a reporter on the ground at the scene.

Paraphrasing here because I can't find any print version of the story...

" The information I am receiving from a government insider close to the situation whom I have known for years and has always been reliable is far different than what is being publicly released by the Kenyan Government. The insider says situation is far from over and the there have been Kenyan soldiers killed inside the mall. This information hasn't been acknowledged by the Interior Ministry."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join