It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Kenyan Shopping mall! Dozens killed, hostages held!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They're claiming to have the situation under control. Explosions inside the building have been set off with three floors collapsing.

Short video of some of the damage caused, burning mattresses they said:

Not too sure about the twitter account and although it seems like they're planning to try and occupy Nairobi. Of late Somali business men have been withdrawing up to $50 million dollars from their bank accounts in order to re-invest in their homeland. I found this odd as Somalia was/has been far from stable politically.

Reporters are now claiming Al-Qaeda are behind the attack! Wow....talk about brainwashing. I pity these Kenyans, they're headed straight for the slaughter house. This is exactly like 9/11 and Kenyans will support another invasion of Somalia.
edit on 24-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: links added

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Go to 1:19 to listen to the exchange of gunfire today before or after the ceilings collapsed. Light machine gun + several assault rifles. I can't imagine what the hostages felt like. I will constantly update posts with new info (If I do not miss the 4 hour edit window).

Survivor account:

edit on 24-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

You can pm me if you need something edited into posts after the time limit has expired. Or just make a new post, that's no problem. Also, check your pms please.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

DeadSnow

Reporters are now claiming Al-Qaeda are behind the attack! Wow....talk about brainwashing. I pity these Kenyans, they're headed straight for the slaughter house. This is exactly like 9/11 and Kenyans will support another invasion of Somalia.

This is true. They became Al-Qaedas branch in the beginning of 2012 and they're getting money, training and orders from them. AlShabaab and Al-Qaeda both confirmed this for Al Jazeera.

P.S.:this is actually new story for the 99,9% of the world.
edit on 24-9-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

GAOTU789
I listened to a Canadian Press report this morning from a reporter on the ground at the scene.

Paraphrasing here because I can't find any print version of the story...

" The information I am receiving from a government insider close to the situation whom I have known for years and has always been reliable is far different than what is being publicly released by the Kenyan Government. The insider says situation is far from over and the there have been Kenyan soldiers killed inside the mall. This information hasn't been acknowledged by the Interior Ministry."

Sorry for missing your post GAOTU789. It's difficult to tell what has been going on for the past 48 hours and we can only assume. 3-6 military personnel have been reported dead, but the figures should go up in the coming hours. The terrorists took advantage of social media and tweeted that there were countless numbers of bodies still scattered across the mall, and that the Kenyan government will only see peace when they withdraw their troops from Somalia. A local morgue has now been set up to accommodate up to 60 more bodies.

As I reported earlier, 3 floors of the building have collapsed killing more hostages and military personnel. There has also been talk of "The white widow" a British national and widow to one of the 7/7 bombers.

According to Reuters, Lewthwaite is thought to have left the U.K. several years ago and is wanted in connection with an alleged plot to attack Kenyan restaurants and hotels.

There have been conflicting reports about the identity of the attackers. Although there was reportedly a female militant killed, Kenya's Interior Minister Joseph Ole Lenkye said Monday that the dead militants were all men, but some had dressed as women.

Kenyan Foreign Minister Amina Mohamed told PBS' "Newshour" that "two or three Americans'" and a British woman were among the militants, Reuters reported.

Source

Reports have also claimed that the leader of the group and several other gunmen escaped, some arrested at the airport. That's all the information they're putting out for now, media broadcasts have been censored.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

baburak

DeadSnow

This is true. They became Al-Qaedas branch in the beginning of 2012 and they're getting money, training and orders from them. AlShabaab and Al-Qaeda both confirmed this for Al Jazeera.

P.S.:this is actually new story for the 99,9% of the world.
edit on 24-9-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

I don't disagree with your post as I was already aware of it. I question the groups formation and initial funding. You should know what I was talking about, TPTB's involvement.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

DeadSnow

I don't disagree with your post as I was already aware of it. I question the groups formation and initial funding. You should know what I was talking about, TPTB's involvement.

Actually, I wasn't aware of Al Shabaab until Saturday, so everything i know about them, came from different media sources in the last few days.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
More attacks in Kenya, things are really starting to heat up here.

Kenya has allegedly been struck by another outbreak of violence, this time in the city of Wajir, 500 kilometers from Nairobi, as two explosions, followed by gunfire, were reported by Red Cross Wednesday evening.

A routine police patrol in Wajir come across to suspicious individuals and confronted them, at which point grenades were detonated. Three people were injured as gunmen dropped two loud explosives and engaged police in a sporadic shootout, the local KTN TV station reported.

Kenyan Interior Minister Joseph Ole Lenku said security has been tightened across the country.
Wajir is a city of 82,000 residents in northeastern Kenya, about 160 kilometers (100 miles) from the Somalian border.

SOURCE

Two people were Saturday night killed in the border town of Mandera in North-Eastern Kenya by suspected Somali militia. According to the police, the two, a mason and a welder were gunned down at close range by gunmen at the porous border at about 8.15pm, as they relaxed outside their rental house, in the outskirts of Mandera town.

Confirming the incident, Mandera County police Commander Rono Bunie said the assailants, who shot the deceased severally, melted into the darkness of night, shortly after spraying precision bullets on their victims. The County police boss said the motive of the killings couldn’t be immediately established; he however noted that it was neither related normal criminal attacks saying that, the assailants escaped without stealing anything from their victims.

Since the country sent its military into the war-ravaged neigbouring state of Somalia to dismantle the Somali Islamist group, Al-Shabaab grips on power nearly two years ago, bordering Counties of Mandera, Garissa and Wajir have suffered recurrent deadly reprisals grenade attacks, which mainly target non-Somalia communities and security personnel respective of their ethnic backgrounds.

SOURCE

Could only be a matter of time before the declare an invasion?

Edit More links on the WG attack:

Other than being involved in forensics, according to the Times of Israel, the role of Israelis in the Westgate Mall situation has not been clear. On Monday, Israeli defence officials confirmed a team was dispatched to Nairobi within hours of the hostage crisis, but said that armed fighting units were not part of the delegation.

“We left behind a team of Israeli experts who came with small dogs with big ears to start carrying out forensic (investigation),” said a soldier involved in the final operation. The terrorists are said to have stuffed most of the bodies in specific rooms that were close to the source of the fire and where part of the building caved in.

SOURCE

And some poor Photoshopped image given to us by Government owned MSM:

There was only ONE APC outside the building.

Kenyan authorities on the spot over slip-ups

edit on 26-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
An image of the collapsed roof of the shopping centre...

Hard to believe that that collapse happened due to fire or an rpg.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Is it me....or is that a very neat and precise hole?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There's some pretty horrific claims coming out now about the attack. Dismemberment, torture, castrations...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yesterday, soldiers and doctors who were among the first people into the mall after it was reclaimed on Tuesday, spoke of the horrifying scenes inside.

‘You find people with hooks hanging from the roof,’ said one Kenyan doctor, who asked not to be named.

‘They removed eyes, ears, nose. They get your hand and sharpen it like a pencil then they tell you to write your name with the blood. They drive knives inside a child’s body.

'Actually if you look at all the bodies, unless those ones that were escaping, fingers are cut by pliers, the noses are ripped by pliers. Here it was pain.’

If true, those claims are beyond sadistic.

edit on 27-9-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

DeadSnow

And some poor Photoshopped image given to us by Government owned MSM:

There was only ONE APC outside the building.

Kenyan authorities on the spot over slip-ups

Come on, seriously? Do you honestly think that there was only ONE APC deployed?

Contact Photographer Mark Large and ask him how many APCs he witnessed and photographed at Westgate.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

i.dailymail.co.uk...

i.dailymail.co.uk...

Five military armoured personnel carriers and six military trucks sped out of Westgate at 11am yesterday indicated that the siege had finally come to an end.

www.the-star.co.ke...
edit on 28/9/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join