It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

purplemer
There is statical evidence that both racists and conservatives have a lower IQ on average.

Oh stop it. That's absurd. Any alleged 'statistical evidence' is obviously biased. I could easily go out to the inner cities and poll a bunch of loser 'go on Springer or Maury' type minority left wingers and say that the left has a lower IQ on average. It wouldn't be that hard.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The winner should probably be based on how well she represents the average American woman

It is a beauty contest they are not looking for average people.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

What a gorgeous young woman!

The people who made those tweets; I have three words to describe them...they are jealous!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Twitter is like Xbox Live only with more idiots participating.

If.there is any news regarding Twitter its how so many MSM outlets present Twitter trends as actual news items. Any person anywhere can tweet anything and there is no way whatsoever to prove or disprove sincerity or honesty.

I can open an account right now and tweet a tirade against gypsies. Does that mean I hate gypsies? More importantly, does it matter?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The problem with "Murica" is that many are embracing the stereotype. And while pride and nationalism are a good thing, many see bigotry as part and parcel of nationalism.

There is a focus on skin because our president is black. We are constantly reminded of it. Progressives use it as a stick to beat the rest of us over the head with.

So Miss America isn't white. Do we need the media to remind us of the fact?

My god(s)! we have become a shallow species!!! Race-based policy, race-based nationalism, race-based education platforms, race-based news stories on a pretty woman who won a beauty contest!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Curious to find out just how many tweets, as in percentage, were actually bigoted...

Think about this, thirty years ago, does this gorgeous young woman even get to this pageant? Somehow I doubt it...

So spare me that the U.S. is somehow so much worse than the rest of the world. Just spare me.

Are there problems? Obviously. Are things better now then they were when I was even that young woman's age? Again, obviously yes. Will they continue to get better? Gee, I think maybe the answer is again, obviously yes.

Bigotry such as this will never go away completely. Because, unfortunately, there are idiots out there who are just plain stupid...not ignorant, stupid.

Congratulations to her.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

neformore
What can be done to bring these people into line? When does "free speech" = freedom to offend, or be ignornat and hateful?

- Don't forget, this is brought to you by CNN .. the same news channel that tried to make the Zimmerman/Martin event into a major racial problem. They lied and 'selectively edited' information. They seem to WANT racial strife in the USA.

- CNN posted a handful of comments. That doesn't equate to a major national problem of Americans hating people of Indian heritage. (no matter how much CNN tries to paint it as such)

- No one needs to be brought 'into line'. Everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how ignorant it is. There are racist idiots in the black population. There are racist idiots in the brown population. There are racist idiots in the white population. As stupid as it is, they have a right to be racists .... as long as they don't threaten others. (like the Black Panthers has been doing .. and getting away with .. because Eric Holder won't go after them).

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

beezzer
The problem with "Murica" is that many are embracing the stereotype. And while pride and nationalism are a good thing, many see bigotry as part and parcel of nationalism.

Nail. Head. Hit.

THAT is the problem. And it appears to be getting worse, and with the USA being an almost self-contained eco system because of its sheer size such ideas can travel very quickly.

Thats scary.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh stop it. That's absurd. Any alleged 'statistical evidence' is obviously biased. I could easily go out to the inner cities and poll a bunch of loser 'go on Springer or Maury' type minority left wingers and say that the left has a lower IQ on average. It wouldn't be that hard.

Funny how peeps dont like science when it does not suit them. You can make any poll you wish. But unless you do it following a scientific criteria it holds no water.

So please put your money where your mouth is.. If it is not so hard. Go out take statistical evidence and publish a scientific paper with your findings.. I doubt you will deliver.. There are trends that people spend a lot of time studying. So you are welcome to your opinion. In this case I will stick with the science..

A 50 Year Research and Studies have found that Racists have low IQ's. Studies going back over 50 years have repeatedly arrived at the same conclusion -- racists have lower IQs than non-racists. The average intelligence quotient (IQ) of all members of the human race is 100 on the Stanford-Binet scale, as illustrated in the bell curves in the figure below.

link provide above

Satoshi Kanazawa, an evolutionary psychologist, says "evolutionarily novel" preferences and values are those that humans are not biologically designed to have and our ancestors probably did not possess. In contrast, those that our ancestors had for millions of years are "evolutionarily familiar." Kanazawa argues that humans are evolutionarily designed to be conservative, caring mostly about their family and friends, and being liberal -- caring about an indefinite number of genetically unrelated strangers one has never meet or interacted with -- is evolutionarily novel. Data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health support Kanazawa's hypothesis. Young adults who subjectively identify themselves as "very liberal" have an average IQ of 106 during adolescence while those who identify themselves as "very conservative" have an average IQ of 95 during adolescence, Kanazawa says. Young adults who identify themselves as "no

www.upi.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

seagull
So spare me that the U.S. is somehow so much worse than the rest of the world. Just spare me.

No one said it was.

Read it again.

edit on 16/9/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Twitter ... during the Zimmerman/Martin event there were a whole lot more racist/hate twitter posts against Zimmerman and/or white people because of Zimmerman. A whole lot more. Those were threatening violence and called for breaking the law ... all based on race.

CNN found a handful of anti-Indian posts. And none were even close to the maniacal level of the racist/hate against white people posts that happened during Zimmerman/Martin .

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

purplemer
Funny how peeps dont like science when it does not suit them.

Again .. just stop it.

Polls aren't 'science'. They are skewed any way you want to make them.
Saying that 'conservatives have lower IQs or aren't as smart as liberals' ... it's absurd.
I could easily say just the opposite ...

95% of black America votes liberal ... so here's some SCIENCE numbers for you ...

New York Times

AFRICAN AMERICANS currently score lower than European Americans on vocabulary, reading, and mathematics tests, as well as on tests that claim to measure scholastic aptitude and intelligence. This gap appears before children enter kindergarten (figure 1-1), and it persists into adulthood. It has narrowed since 1970, but the typical American black still scores below 75 percent of American whites on most standardized tests. On some tests the typical American black scores below more than 85 percent of whites?

Medical Net Race Differences in Average IQ Scores are Largely Genetic
Asians are smarter than anyone else. Then white people. Then light skinned black people. Blacks come in last for intelligence. And it's genetic.

See... I can pull up numbers to make anything look any way I want to.
You want science ... go get some real science.
Better yet ... JUST STOP with the partisan 'conservatives are stupid' bunk.

edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

beezzer
She's hot!

She's not! She's horrible. If that's the best America can do then they must be truly down and out.

As for you indoctrinated politically correct commie cronies, try going to India and winning Miss India if you're white or not of the right caste - the most bigoted system in the world.

Yet they come to our countries and demand to be equals!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Reply was a bit too heated. Apologies all around.

edit on 9/16/2013 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/16/2013 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Forget Twitter.
Sounds like we have a lot of bigotry here too.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Macdon
She's not! She's horrible. If that's the best America can do then they must be truly down and out.

She's beautiful. Obviously your tastes run different. But I think she's very pretty.

As for you indoctrinated politically correct commie cronies,

You are embarrassing yourself.

try going to India and winning Miss India if you're white or not of the right caste - the most bigoted system in the world.

That's got nothing to do with an American winning Miss America. Do you want America to start behaving like 'the most bigoted system in the world'?? No. We are secular America and we are above that. This woman is an American and she's beautiful.

Yet they come to our countries and demand to be equals!

Hey genius ... she was born in Syracuse, N.Y.
She has relatives in India. But she's from Syracuse, NEW YORK.
She wants to become a doctor.

Fox News

Nina Davuluri will also speak at a news conference Monday at Boardwalk Hall, where she became the first contestant of Indian heritage to win the crown Sunday night.

The 24-year-old native of Syracuse, N.Y., wants to be a doctor and is applying to medical school, with the help of a $50,000 scholarship she won as part of the pageant title.

More information

Davuluri was born in Syracuse, but moved to Oklahoma at age four then to Michigan at 10. Six years ago, her family moved to Fayetteville, where her dad is an obstetrician/gynaecologist affiliated with St Joseph’s Hospital. Davuluri’s degree from the University of Michigan is in brain behaviour and cognitive science. She plans to become a physician and says she would love to attend Upstate Medical University.

edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Source please.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

one of those days I think

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Meh, doesnt matter who won this to me. Yea, let's see, wait wait... nope pretty sure I don't care.

People have opinions and they're free to have them. That doesn't bother me either.

grats to the winner. /shrug

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join