It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Macdon

She's not! She's horrible. If that's the best America can do then they must be truly down and out.

What do you consider "hot"?

As for you indoctrinated politically correct commie cronies, try going to India and winning Miss India if you're white or not of the right caste - the most bigoted system in the world.

Huh?

Yet they come to our countries and demand to be equals!

Yeah!
What the hell?

Equal rights? pfft!

Murica!
USA
USA
USA

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I could not agree more with those who are acknowleging the degrading of the "American way of life" since all these "immigrants" were allowed to come into this country.
My family was here before the Reveloutionary war.
No, I am not "native American" but we established this country.
Anyone who came here after the formation of the United States is an immigrant in my eyes and should be forced to give up anything and everything they have taken from us and go back to where they came from.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
W-T-F

I have seen some staggeringly ignorant posts in my time here but that LAST one takes the cake.
They should have added "women should stay in the kitchen" and "men lived along side with dinosaurs" and gone for the trifecta of stupid.

-Peace-
edit on 16-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
good on her.

what i want to know is, since when does CNN have any respect for miss america contestants. cough palin cough
notice how they completely white washed over the fact sarah palin was a native american indian in their attempts to degrade her for pretty much everything she ever did, including her role in the miss alaska paegant - which was a source of derision.

edit on 16-9-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

neformore

No sooner had the tiara been placed atop her head than a barrage of racist tweets flooded the Internet.

"If you're #Miss America you should have to be American," said one.

"WHEN WILL A WHITE WOMAN WIN #MISSAMERICA? Ever??!!" screamed another.

Nina Davuluri is American. She just happens to be of Indian descent. In fact, she's the first Indian-American to be crowned Miss America.

America - you have a problem.

For years now a whole load of racist nonsense has gone unchecked.

Born out of the "war on terror", hateful rhetroic from right wing politicians, blog posters and organised racist groups together with an apparent general ignorance of the world at large misconceptions about peoples origions have been allowed to fester and multiply and this kind of thing is the result.

Now I know that these people do not represent the majority of Americans, but the fact of the matter is that they represent a certain section of the populace, and the question is this - how can this ignorance be denied - this kind of thing harms the US activelt across the globe because people will focus on it and highlight it as they always do with bad news.

What can be done to bring these people into line? When does "free speech" = freedom to offend, or be ignornat and hateful?

This kind of ignorance stem from? I don't know specifically but I'f blame MSM more than anything. Sure the education system is used to perpetrate racism but the individuals teaching it have to be closed minded enough for a racial agenda to be chosen. MSM on the other hand seems to push for a racial divide most of the time.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

teamcommander
Anyone who came here after the formation of the United States is an immigrant in my eyes and should be forced to give up anything and everything they have taken from us and go back to where they came from.

We adopted our daughter from Bolivia 17 years ago. She's beautiful. She's brilliant.
She's a good person. And she's getting a double major degree in *****
Are you as smart and nice as she is? Something tells me ... no.

ETA .. I cut out what degree she's getting. I thought it was too much information.
Just know ... it takes a lot of smarts to get that kind of degree.

edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Thanks to the 'New 'Mericans' "We" kicked tail in both the spelling bee and geography. Where were these "Native Americans" then? Of course the first question would be: Why are You watching a beauty contest that does not have "Honey Boo Boo"....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Antipathy17

neformore

No sooner had the tiara been placed atop her head than a barrage of racist tweets flooded the Internet.

"If you're #Miss America you should have to be American," said one.

"WHEN WILL A WHITE WOMAN WIN #MISSAMERICA? Ever??!!" screamed another.

Nina Davuluri is American. She just happens to be of Indian descent. In fact, she's the first Indian-American to be crowned Miss America.

America - you have a problem.

For years now a whole load of racist nonsense has gone unchecked.

Born out of the "war on terror", hateful rhetroic from right wing politicians, blog posters and organised racist groups together with an apparent general ignorance of the world at large misconceptions about peoples origions have been allowed to fester and multiply and this kind of thing is the result.

Now I know that these people do not represent the majority of Americans, but the fact of the matter is that they represent a certain section of the populace, and the question is this - how can this ignorance be denied - this kind of thing harms the US activelt across the globe because people will focus on it and highlight it as they always do with bad news.

What can be done to bring these people into line? When does "free speech" = freedom to offend, or be ignornat and hateful?

This kind of ignorance stem from? I don't know specifically but I'f blame MSM more than anything. Sure the education system is used to perpetrate racism but the individuals teaching it have to be closed minded enough for a racial agenda to be chosen. MSM on the other hand seems to push for a racial divide most of the time.

It comes from the parents.
There's NEVER been a bigot child coming from unbigoted parents.

"The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree"

At least such has been my experience and being a moitie-moitie (mulatto for those of you who don't habla) anglo-canadian in Quebec with a UK last name and Scottish blood lineage, I've experienced my fair share of racism from all sides of the equation...but what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bragi

"When they find out we are One race..." Then hold on tight when 'they' find out "we" are not only One race but that "we" are actually One 'Self'. |'d opine this factoid may spin some heads?

Welcome to the site from Your "other Self"

namaste

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Macdon

beezzer
She's hot!

She's not! She's horrible. If that's the best America can do then they must be truly down and out.

As for you indoctrinated politically correct commie cronies, try going to India and winning Miss India if you're white or not of the right caste - the most bigoted system in the world.

Damn, you're making my brain hurt - She did'nt come to "your" #ing country, shes indian decent you turd. Shes as American as you are, of course unless you are Native American?

Really Macdon that is probably one of the most #ed up posts I'v read in while

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Lets not forget who killed off the 'Apache Indians' in the first place in order to then call America their Country!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

neformore

Being ignorant....why would you want to take legal action on ignorance? Should we not, instead, pity the person without enough overall enlightenment to emerge from their ignorance?

Being hateful....why would you want to take legal action on someone who is hateful? Same as above...they are a victim of dimness. Illuminate them instead.

Legal action on the above two things amounts to "shouting down" your opposition, rather than using well founded logic. It is low brow, and the action of a tyrant.

As it regards being offended.....that is a problem that the person who is offended must learn to deal with. we all are offended by different things.....it is not your right to be unoffended.

NEVER curtail free speech. Thee is not "but, what if....". NEVER curtail free speech. God gave us a mouth and a mind, for better or worse.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

FlyersFan

teamcommander

We adopted our daughter from Bolivia 17 years ago. She's beautiful. She's brilliant.
She's a good person. And she's getting a double major degree in *****
Are you as smart and nice as she is? Something tells me ... no.

ETA .. I cut out what degree she's getting. I thought it was too much information.
Just know ... it takes a lot of smarts to get that kind of degree.

edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I don't think you have read or interpreted my reply as it was intended.

Read it again.
edit on 16-9-2013 by teamcommander because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Lovely looking bird. All hail Miss Amerika ...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Macdon

beezzer
She's hot!

edit on 16-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Being ignorant....why would you want to take legal action on ignorance?

Who - other than you - mentioned legal action?

I know I didn't.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I am really concerned and disappointed at how far American discourse has slipped into racism, isolationism and jingoistic ideas.

With respect to this issue, I don't think the people complaining know how ridiculous and hateful they are being. What is "a real American"? Since we are all immigrants - with the obvious exception of Inuit and indigenous peoples.

It reminds me of the old joke of immigrants of many nations lined up off the ship at the docks, and once they reach the front of the line, they turn around and scream: "all you foreigners GO HOME!" (sorry for paraphrasing)

Of course, this whole thing misses the point of why, in the 21st century are we still sanctioning Meat-Market beauty contests,

If anything positive can be made of this, it makes the racists easier to identify.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

neformore

bigfatfurrytexan
Being ignorant....why would you want to take legal action on ignorance?

Who - other than you - mentioned legal action?

I know I didn't.

True, i used the term "legal action". It comes from this:

Free Speech has legal protection. If anything is to be done, it will either have to be legal in nature (a la other nations who have laws against offending people) or social (we see how that has worked over the last 50 years).

If you did not imply legal action, just what exactly do you have in mind?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Weird times we live in check this out

Nina Davuluri, Miss New York, Calls Miss America Mallory Hagan "Fat as ...." - See more at: www.thehollywoodgossip.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The ignorance on the tweets......

Fact: majority of Indian are not Muslims lol

Give to to these fudge cakes to tell a difference.

"hmmm tan skinned.. but does not speak Mexican....thats right!!! MUSLIM!!!! MIddle eastern!!"

No. South Asian.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join