It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99% sure my friend is a (new) abductee. Can you help?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I trust the OP to translate my suggestions for opening-up lines into her own vernacular as well as the common vernacular shared between her and her friend.

Her judgment on such matters is usually well above average. She'll do splendidly however she chooses to handle it.

He will interpret her caring and her caution as more caring quite well. I don't think they are exactly new friends of a just happened friendship!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whodat09

I have read of 0.00000% evidence that the OP is LEADING her friend anywhere.

I think she's quite good at letting him tell his own story without coloring it from her side.

By the same token, when viewing pics of ET critters together, it's unwise, uncaring and stupid to talk as though the pics are of the family dog.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
imho,

those points and questions below are EXCELLENT.

I'd be curious if there'd been any poltergeist sorts of goings on in the home and/or neighborhood. She should be able to find such out from the girlfriend and/or neighbors.

Raxoxane
reply to post by silo13

Hi silo,just sent you a pm.Also,you may want to ask your friend's wife if she is aware of strange dreams he has had before,or are having now-insomnia maybe,if it is a new thing.Any unusual fears or phobias suddenly appearing in his mind? Any instances of "high strangeness'-inexplicable weird things happening lately,or even a while before this event where he broke his hip? Things that would normally be ascribed to paranormal activity?Any weird animal behavior or deaths/mutilations in the area?
Strange lights/phenomena seen in the area? Pardon the many questions please:-)
I wish you a good week,you are a wonderful friend to this couple.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

Worth ruling out, perhaps.

However, that would still not explain the origin of the images.

I'm guessing that there's a very low percentage chance that the hip was from domestic abuse.

I suppose the local Mafia strong man could have done such but again . . . that would not explain the origin of the images.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by SixX18

Worth ruling out, perhaps.

However, that would still not explain the origin of the images.

I'm guessing that there's a very low percentage chance that the hip was from domestic abuse.

I suppose the local Mafia strong man could have done such but again . . . that would not explain the origin of the images.

You're assuming the paintings have an origin outside of the old man's mind.

That's logically unsound.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Sounds like another rather dogmatic statement about Ockham's razor as well as about your not holding dogma. LOLOLOLOL.

Yes, it's true that artists do not always paint or draw merely from their experience based realistic perceptions.

However, the way the story was related left me with the impression that in this case, the man is painting from his EXPERIENCES.

It is NOT clear how much of those experiences were from true perception based observations vs say a computer screen on a UFO or from a black ops implanted "memory" a la like the other thread on ATS currently or from an implanted memory by the critters etc. etc.

Nevertheless, everything I've read on this thread to this point has convinced me that the man is painting from HIS INTENSE AND INTENSELY EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCES. Perhaps time will tell.

BTW, I think it's quite humorous when folks who are so quick to appeal to Ockham's razor are so . . . upside down in their application of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just a thought about the artwork being named. It's often written on the back. Are you able to look at the backs of them? My husband brought home art that gave me a bad vibe. An evil vibe. One day I saw a handwritten note taped on the back by the artist. It said " Usurper. This depicts dark forces" . I tossed it out of my house. So yes in a way my instincts were right, but really, truly, for all I know my husband stuck that on there to torment me. He does # like that

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Wrong again. That conclusion was not an assumption. I was prepared to go wherever the evidence led, when I read the title.

I'm concluding from the evidence

that the most simple

explanation that best fits all the evidence cited

is that

the images have arisen from outside only his mental cognitions.

. . . as far as what's not logical or objective . . .

lopping puzzle pieces of evidence off and pretending they don't exist

is not a logical way to discover truth in such situations.

I'm far from convinced that you have a big enough grasp of Plato's vision of the whole in this situation to begin to apply Ockham's razor properly to it.

edit on 16/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Wrong again. That conclusion was not an assumption. I was prepared to go wherever the evidence led, when I read the title.

I'm concluding from the evidence

that the most simple

explanation that best fits all the evidence cited

is that

the images have arisen from outside only his mental cognitions.

I'm far from convinced that you have a big enough grasp of Plato's vision of the whole in this situation to begin to apply Ockham's razor properly to it.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Please just stop.
edit on 16-9-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

More dogmatic assertions do not equal objective analysis.

You could try again, I suppose. Though I'm not exactly expecting anything more helpful to the OP in discovering truth in this situation, . . . no matter how many times you apply your dogma to the purported "analysis."

. . .

However, I'm tired and heading toward bed.

Have fun, y'all.

edit on 16/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

BO XIAN

More dogmatic assertions do not equal objective analysis.

You could try again, I suppose. Though I'm not exactly expecting anything more helpful to the OP in discovering truth in this situation, . . . no matter how many times you apply your dogma to the purported "analysis."

You aren't even using the term dogma correctly.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well I don't think the aliens just dropped him off like that, with a broken hip. Usually hips break when a person falls. He obviously lost his footing and fell down. Common for his age. Im sure you've seen the commercials " help I've fallen and i can't get up". You simply cannot get up! He actually shouldn't even have been moved. Paramedics would put him on a slider board. In case of neck injury. He might have thought its best he just stays there until he is found. The OP says they have crap medical help though. My son drove me to emergency and we got told off, still had to call an ambulance to come to the hospital emergency parking area. They wanted to put me on the slider board, to transfer onto a stretcher.

The paintings might well be alien related but I don't think it has anything to do with his hip breaking.
edit on 16-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

Excuse typos I'm trying to fix that

If he changed after the hip injury, perhaps the morphine could be considered?
Or was he not given any meds? He must have had an Anesthetic for the surgery

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Bo has obviously had one too many tonight.

Any news on the guy with the broken hip? Aliens are fun to draw you know, and it's not like the past 70 years of media and entertainment haven't provided plenty of stimuli for anyone on this planet to suddenly start drawing greys from memory.
Maybe the fella is an American Dad fan, though I doubt they watch that in Sicily.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Nothing in your post suggests anything remotely close to alien abduction. Seriously ?

That's your first thought? As someone as said,perhaps you are the problem not them.

You have no idea what he's really going through and to jump to aliens is well,laughable.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Just a thought about the artwork being named. It's often written on the back. Are you able to look at the backs of them? My husband brought home art that gave me a bad vibe. An evil vibe. One day I saw a handwritten note taped on the back by the artist. It said " Usurper. This depicts dark forces" . I tossed it out of my house. So yes in a way my instincts were right, but really, truly, for all I know my husband stuck that on there to torment me. He does # like that

What a great piece a insight! I’ll most definitely look.

As for his girlfriend? She’s trying to be supportive of his painting. She’s the one setting up his lap table, transferring acrylics, helping him clean up the mess (and there is a HUGE mess on his day bed from the paints). She’s such a lovely woman though I can’t imagine much phasing her - if he wanted it - she’d do it is the impression I’ve always had of the pair.

All that on the table though? She isn’t at all inclined to let the paintings out of his day room and into the house. All the paintings are kept in that room. Which again - I find odd. Not sure why or the implication but it’s glaringly obvious he or she are keeping the paintings in that room alone.

peace

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

If you don't want to allow there's the possibility of some strangeness going on here - right along with tangible evidence of a peculiar nature - all the paintings?

Each and every one is of the same theme. The classic alien gray - in diff shades of pastel colors. All the same. Now take into account the man who’s never held a paintbrush before in his life is a prolific producer of this one theme painting? When asked he replies they’re ‘in his head’ - but he can’t or will not remember the events his injury?

That he just happened to pick up painting right after breaking a hip in the middle of the night when his dogs did not sound off and his security lights for the gravel pit didn’t go on - his long term GF finding him after curled in a ball ‘out of it’. No drinking, no drugs, no outward signs of any other trauma than a broken hip?

If that’s laughable to you - so be it. It takes all kinds my friend. Write the thread off as your chuckle of the day.

peace

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hello Silo, I will do my best to provide you with some input.

Take a look at his behavioral changes from the past. What has changed?
Have he got any new talents such as painting or started belive in anything he didn't belive at all in.

Do you feel like he is mentaly locked, having hard to expressing things like feelings/experiences?
How is his memory right now compared to before? Does it feels like he approach you as the same friend as before?

I think an hypnotist would be able to help him out mentaly. "Atleast" remember the experience if it was some kind of "outside-force" involved.

Get a understanding if he wants help from you, his is an important piece. If he reject, ask him why to get an understanding of his mental reasoning.

Overall, take a look at his changes. Does it feels like he has been influenced even at his subconscious level?

Take care

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Air0x

Take a look at his behavioral changes from the past. What has changed?

The thing is - so many of the ‘changes’ can be attributed to the hip break. But there’s just something - ‘Off’- about him. Like when you call up a friend on the phone and ask them how their day is going and you get the answer ‘Oh, everything’s ok’ - but you can just tell it isn’t.

He’s introverted. A normally outgoing gregarious and passionate for living guy? He doesn’t want to leave his room and as I said those paintings are not leaving the room either - by his hand of his GF’s I don’t know.

He’s withdrawn from his two dogs - who he loves more than any dog lover I’ve known. They sit outside his door and that’s that. Again - many ‘explainable’ reasons. His paintings, the mess, maybe some residual pain in the hip making it harder to move.

See what I mean - explanations - but they’re too tight. Too pat. Too easily answered for a guy who’s ‘off’. And his appearance. The sunken eyes, disheveled hair which he’s always running his hands through now like in frustration.

Look, I’ve been around animals - specifically horses all my life. When you get to know an animal well - you know when something is wrong. When something is ‘off’ with the animal. It’s a feel you get from a lot of input - action, movement, alertness, eyes, attention and so on. This guy is ‘off’. I lack a better way to explain. It’s his ‘off-ness’ more than the paintings even that was the protagonist to start this thread actually.

Have he got any new talents such as painting or started believe in anything he didn't believe at all in.

The painting is all I know. Strictly acrylic and the one theme. Besides his belief in anything new? I wouldn’t know. He’d just not that communicative at the moment. It’s like he has to keep painting and doesn’t want to be distracted from them. I hate to draw the conclusion but here it comes. Like Richard Dryfus in Close Encounters when he didn’t care about the mess he was making in the kitchen while constructing his Devil’s Tower. I mean just like that.

Do you feel like he is mentally locked, having hard to expressing things like feelings/experiences?

Yes.

How is his memory right now compared to before? Does it feels like he approach you as the same friend as before?

I don’t know about his memory only that he has not been clear to anyone about the hip break. He’s kind, welcoming and thankful for me looking in to see how he’s faring - but very unlike before - he just wants to get back to his painting when normally he’d spend a good hour or two talking about my dogs, my farm - his life, etc. Engaging guy before - not anymore.

Get a understanding if he wants help from you, his is an important piece. If he reject, ask him why to get an understanding of his mental reasoning.

I don’t push and I don’t question but I sure want to!

I think my next step is to take him some fresh veggies from the farm here and a couple of print outs of pictures - if I can find similar ones - on the net. State it plain - ‘Hey, look what I found on the internet. It’s like your stuff. Pretty cool huh.’

I’m also going to ask him if I can buy one of his pictures. If anything to see the reaction. I feel like that’s setting him up - but I gotta know.

Overall, take a look at his changes. Does it feels like he has been influenced even at his subconscious level?

Definitely.

Thanks a lot - you take care too!

peace

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Alright Silo,

I have read a lot of this thread to try getting a fundamental understanding of your friend.
Do you know if he did any full body scan during the time at the hospital if so. I think you should take a look at the pictures yourself and analyse the data. If there is any "device" in his body that shouldn't be there, far fetched conclusion. Take privacy in account and ask people related to your freind. It looks like you got a lot of respect for your freind

His experience may have been a very intense one which caused different functions to turn off/on in his body.

You mentioned a huge subcoiuncouss difference in your freind. Does it feel like his IQ also has dropped/increased, logical reasoning is one piece. You should ask him if he enjoy things like singing/writing texts, left brain activities.

Ask yourself, could a hip damage like his cause such a extreme mental change?

What could you do?
Try to do stuff that increasing your dream awareness. If you get any dreams with your freind and remembering it in near future. Be sure to write it down and let us now

I am a bit passive why because I don't want you to feel worse due to my intense conclusion =/

Take care with your freind

edit on 16/9/13 by Air0x because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/9/13 by Air0x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

imod02
This can happen when the trauma is very new, what has happened to him is quite old now and i strongly suggest that professional help is got for this person.

If he has been abducted, how can a "professional" possibly help him?

These people officially don't believe in this stuff, so if it's true, all they can do if label him with a "condition" so they can keep pretending that they know everything. That's not a solution.

The truth is, when it comes to supernatural events, these people are utterly useless.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join