It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
You mentioned a huge subcoiuncouss difference in your freind. Does it feel like his IQ also has dropped/increased, logical reasoning is one piece. You should ask him if he enjoy things like singing/writing texts, left brain activities.
Ask yourself, could a hip damage like his cause such a extreme mental change?
I also don't hold any dogma, and you're completely wrong about occam's razor.
prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group: the difficulty of resisting political dogma. [objectivists, religion of scientism folks, etc. are a group]
a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle: the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation. Synonyms: conviction, certainty.
Occam's razor states that the most simple and practical theory holds the most weight. Secret Alien abduction without any evidence is neither simple nor practical by any stretch of the terms.
reply to post by nightstalker78
If you don't want to allow there's the possibility of some strangeness going on here - right along with tangible evidence of a peculiar nature - all the paintings?
1. Each and every one is of the same theme.
2. The classic alien gray -
3. in diff shades of pastel colors.
4. All the same.
5. Now take into account the man who’s never held a paintbrush before in his life
6. is [now] a prolific producer of this one theme painting?
7. When asked he replies they’re ‘in his head’ -
8. but he can’t or will not remember the events his injury?
9. That he just happened to pick up painting right after breaking a hip
10. in the middle of the night
11. when his dogs did not sound off
12. and his security lights for the gravel pit didn’t go on - his long term GF
13. finding him after curled in a ball
14. ‘out of it’.
15. No drinking,
16. no drugs,
17. no outward signs of any other trauma than a broken hip?
Maybe you should try telling him that you recognise the beings in his paintings and ask him if he was abducted?
He may feel alone and isolated because he believes that he will be labelled "mentally ill" if he tells anyone about it.
If it did happen to him, and he was the sort to ridicule this subject before, if will be messing with his mind severly and he may just need someone to talk to who he knows will understand.