It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Correlation between Aliens and Hollywood?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

tanka418

w810i
reply to post by Bleeeeep

haha...I see were you are going now. You mean hybrids.
edit on 13-9-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

Are y'all aware that those "hybrids" as you like to put it are: not hybrids, and constitute up to 40% of the Terrestrial Human population?

Extraterrestrials are NOT demons, nor are they remotely related. They are people, many even HUMAN, even though they are non-Terrestrial.

They have the very same RIGHTS that YOU have.

Perhaps, when Terrestrial Humans learn that they are not special, and that everyone else are their equals you may proceed and progress.

What are you talking about? If something has human DNA and DNA of some other species per Websters

Hy-brid
1: an offspring of two animals or plants of different races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera
2: a person whose background is a blend of two diverse cultures or traditions

Perhaps you should pump the brakes and reread the thread. This has nothing to do with someone/somethings RIGHTS.

When you learn how to not be condescending and learn how to read maybe you will proceed and progress as well there chief.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

w810i
Take predator for example, I often wonder if its more based in fact then in the mind of the writers and producers. Thoughts?

It would seem so.

Enhanced Turkey UFO:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian

w810i
Take predator for example, I often wonder if its more based in fact then in the mind of the writers and producers. Thoughts?

It would seem so.

Enhanced Turkey UFO:

If that is the real deal that is scary thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Someone recently posted a "enhancement" of the turkey UFO alien pilot....the first thing it reminded me of was the predator. And sure enough there was an interesting match. Of course I'm skeptical.

But your thread reminded me of how excited I was when close encounters came out. I remembered my exact thoughts. So I was 10 in 1977 and remember seeing the film in the theaters. So i was already familiar with the UFO lure and the greys from The hill case and some of the famous sightings. So my thought was how cool it was that they finally got the real aliens depicted. I was even able to identify the people from famous cases as they exited the UFO at the end. It's a powerful film. Still one of my favorites. I think I will watch it tonight.

Never would have guessed that I would one day have a quote from the evil Phil Klass in my signature.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hollywood is very one dimensional. The only concern when it comes to making films is will it make money.
It has been determined by the research people in Hollywood what kind of movies bring in the greatest gross.
Slasher films are very cheap to produce and appeal to a broad demographic. That is why we see so many of them; not because Hollywood is being conspiratorial and trying to turn people into mass murders.

If a certain film gains a big audience for some reason you can bet that there will be spinoffs, remakes and a huge marketing blitz.

I have worked on a few Marvel and Disney films and they don't gamble with the obscene amount of money they spend to make a movie; but they still put out a lot of garbage.

www.dove.org...
entertainment.howstuffworks.com...
moviesoclock.wordpress.com...
edit on 13-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

w810iWhat are you talking about? If something has human DNA and DNA of some other species per Websters

Hy-brid
1: an offspring of two animals or plants of different races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera

Many people like to call a wolf - dog mix a hybrid; they , of course, are not a hybrid. Just a mix of two different canines. I we take a HUMAN from another world and mix him with a Terrestrial Human; the offspring is no more a "hybrid" than one of my "Wolfdogs". Indeed, the poor creature is all Human!

Most don't realize that many ET's have DNA indistinguishable from Terrestrial Humans. Well except for markers and lineage.

edit on 13-9-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

tanka418

w810iWhat are you talking about? If something has human DNA and DNA of some other species per Websters

Hy-brid

Many people like to call a wolf - dog mix a hybrid; they , of course, are not a hybrid. Just a mix of two different canines. I we take a HUMAN from another world and mix him with a Terrestrial Human; the offspring is no more a "hybrid" than one of my "Wolfdogs". Indeed, the poor creature is all Human!

Most don't realize that many ET's have DNA indistinguishable from Terrestrial Humans. Well except for markers and lineage.

edit on 13-9-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

We are not talking about human and human mating

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

w810i

We are not talking about human and human mating

Aren't we? It is not possible for incompatible DNAs to hybridize, that is very basic biology.

Yet, some would almost insist that such "hybrids" exist. That is more the stuff of Hollywood and the movies. But even there I'm not seeing much by way of that sort of fantasy.

As can be seen; the video I linked shows that some can be very "realistic" with their aliens. Prolly a bit more true to life than would fit into the Terrestrial Human "mold" for ET. But, you will not see any "hybrids"; Human - Reptile can not work, regardless of the "engineering".

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Once again we are not talking about Hybrids. We are talking about the influence of ET's possibly on Hollywood.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

w810i
reply to post by tanka418

Once again we are not talking about Hybrids. We are talking about the influence of ET's possibly on Hollywood.

Yes...and once again...

As can be seen; the video I linked shows that some can be very "realistic" with their aliens. Prolly a bit more true to life than would fit into the Terrestrial Human "mold" for ET.

In the Syfy series Defiance there are no true "monsters" like has been seen in many films, and other media, but rather a more simplified and recognizable set of extraterrestrials and components of their civilization.

As for the actual influence any ET has had on Hollywood, I think that Defiance illustrates the most real influence.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by w810i

Have you seen this 1967 Disney UFO documentary? It's pretty clear that Hollywood was slated to "disclose" something, and seems to be following through in a less documentary style.

Interesting video. It seems to come from a time when they were considering disclosure.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is one person from the world of the media who strode across the landscape and he always professed to be an absolute sceptic about UFOs and anything paranormal. That was Nigel Neal best known as the writer of the Quatermas series. In The Quatermas Experiment, Quatermas II and Quatermas and the Pit, he almost single-handedly introduced just about every major theme of modern Ufology as part of his narratives. Neal also "invented" the concept of "reality TV" with his 60s play "The Sex Olympics".

Outside of Neal the two TV series that really "set the scene" for many contemporary ideas about Ufology were "The Invaders" and "UFO". The very first episode of UFO deals with humans being harvested for their organs. To that extent, I suspect TV rather than film, has had far more effect on the public's perception of UFOs.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by w810i

Have you seen this 1967 Disney UFO documentary? It's pretty clear that Hollywood was slated to "disclose" something, and seems to be following through in a less documentary style.

The documentary was actually aired in 1995 to promote Disneyworld's ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. It was produced by Andrew Thomas who (in an interview) said he wrote the script over a few hours with no government intervention. His only source material being document archives. Even the meteorite story came from NASA information available on the internet at the time (and just prior to the NASA revelation that well err we might have found a sort of microbe on a meteorite from Mars).

However Andrew Thomas did find it strange that Michael Eisner, the CEO of Disney at the time, personally filmed an introduction and vetted large parts of the documentary. This is despite the fact that he had considered it a minor marketing project. The film was shown just once and broadcast between 2pm and 3pm in the afternoon when hardly anyone was watching.

I have made a very similar post to this www.abovetopsecret.com... which includes more detail on various TV and Film from the genre.

My question is that if there has been a long slow program to introduce us to the concept of aliens then who is behind it all and why is it taking so long? We are continually bombarded by differing messages. Paul, ET and Close Encounters paint a genial image of little grey guys, Mission to Mars was about humanity being the product of life on Mars. 2001 has a rather more mystical message. UFO and the X-Files deal with abduction. War of the Worlds, V, Independence Day and Predator present humans as food, fodder and prey. Star Trek and it's many incarnations have humans taking part as equals in a galactic federation with a number of enemies for added drama.

I do have a little hunch that Spielberg has been told a few stories down the years and weaved those themes into his movies. But at the end of the day a lot of Hollywood output is pure entertainment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join