It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Youth Pastor Rapes Boys To ‘Cure’ Them Of Homosexuality, Won’t Spend One Day In Prison

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

But have you heard of the Iowa youth pastor who is walking free after confessing to raping boys to “cure” them of homosexuality?

Well, that’s precisely what happened in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Brent Girouex, 31, was arrested on 60 counts of suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist.

You would think Girouex’s crimes would send him to prison for the rest of his life. Outrageously, that’s not the case. The judge in the case sentenced Girouex to 17 years in prison last week, and then immediately suspended the sentence in favor of sex offender treatment and five years probation. All Girouex has to do is avoid violating his probation and he’ll NEVER spend a single minute in a prison cell.

Iowa Youth Pastor Rapes Boys To ‘Cure’ Them Of Homosexuality, Won’t Spend One Day In Prison

Un-freaking-believable!!

This guys is a monster and hasn't been "hidden" by the church or anything - so are we now seeing the "religious right" coming together to protect their own? Is this a case of the "good ol' boys" of the establishment minimizing the punishments?

Who is Judge Greg Steenslands? What are his connections to the rapist - direct or indirect? How on earth dose he justify suspending a 17 year sentence for "raping away the gay"????

Perhaps it is because gays aren't really human or some other arrant nonsense??

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

why oh why is this man AND the judge not going to jail?

This is where I extend the "line" for vigilante justice......

I wouldnt mind if both of them go missing one day...not one bit.

that really took the day down a notch.

edit on 9 12 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I... am... speechless.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Why would you be speechless, why are we even surprised by this at all?

I don't normally buy in to some of the theories thrown around but cases like this, the recent story about the teacher who got 30 days and so on are starting to make me think demons are real and possessing many authority figures.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This just makes me sick

I guarantee you that judge went to the pastors church and played golf with him and thought he would help him out. The legal system in this country has been ridiculous for a long time but its these actions that really make you want to do a complete restructuring and a series of trials and special prisons for these "judges".

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

He is not doing this to cure anyone...it is an excuse to indulge in his own illicit desires while putting a 'holier than thou face on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sounds like some local citizens need to make a regular crusade out of getting a certain Judge removed or recalled or whatever the precise procedure is to effectively fire a Judge. At the very least, it's important that he not be in a position to keep doing this with others. I wonder how many cases before this he's gone soft on?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just goes to show that without proper qualifications and an umbrella authority to maintain a sembelance of legitimacy, any one can claim to be a counsellor or therapist.

So, this creep believes homosexuality can be cured by anal sex. Got it.

And the other creep says "No punishment for you, we'll cure you instead!". Got it.

It also appears that without any credible intelligence or brains to speak of, you can also claim to be a representative of the law and dish out your own style of justice.

Personally... and I take my own responsibility for it, I'd execute both of them.

representing no one but my own angered self. deviants in positions of authority of any sort, really bloody snap my man tits.

edit on 12-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Not only is that a staggeringly bad judgement but entirely inconsistent with this one;

A 68-year-old man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was sentenced and prosecutors say there may be more victims who haven't come forward.

A Pottawattamie County judge sentenced Bobby Ervin Smith to 20 years in prison and ordered him to be supervised by corrections officers for the rest of his life.

"It was wrong. It should have never happened. I'll pay for it. Not here, but with the lord, forever," Smith said.

Judge Greg Steensland, who scolded Smith in court Monday, called the evidence overwhelming against Smith, who was convicted in November of sexually abusing a boy in 1998.

"You violated one of the most sacred trusts a person could have. You were a mentor to a 12-year-old boy," Steensland said. "That is one of the greatest violations this society could ever every think of, and the fact that you did it through your church is even worse."

The victim, now 27, told investigators that Smith assaulted him at a Council Bluffs motel during a fishing trip in 1998.

Smith knew him through his role as a youth coordinator at First Baptist Church in Harlan; however, the fishing trip was not part of a church activity.

Prosecutor Dan McGinn hopes this is the first of many convictions.

"We have reason to believe there are a lot of other victims," McGinn said.

Prosecutors urge any possible victims to go to the authorities.

Read more: www.ketv.com...

The above sentence was handed down by Judge Greg Steensland, the same judge that the OP relates to, unless of course there are two Judge Greg Steensland (Not retired John Steensland)

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That's the worst story I've ever heard?? WTF? Get the Guns.. we're going on a road trip...not really...but where are all the people that are so outraged about Obama and Zimmerman and Miley Cyrus...people are more outraged about Miley Cyrus and Obama than this guy? Where's the justice! Add to this the Dawkins rubbish about "light" pedophilia being okay...and this week has just been too much. Normally, I don't buy into the world is going to hell theories. I'm an optimist but...man....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
sick old world makes you wonder how many people are into this sex majik stuff .

we had the same in scotland not long back with a sheriff/ judge and a child called holly greig worth googling that one .
a lot of people got jailed for protesting about it me included one reporter got 1 year in jail .

sick

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Thorneblood
Why would you be speechless, why are we even surprised by this at all?

I don't normally buy in to some of the theories thrown around but cases like this, the recent story about the teacher who got 30 days and so on are starting to make me think demons are real and possessing many authority figures.

More like the "authority" figures, are the demons.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Klassified because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

the "idea " that sodomising a male can " cure " him of homosexuality is just ...............

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Once again, Christians are being cast in a (justified) horrible light. The Christian community seems to suffer from the same problems as the Muslim community, and the community of police officers. These groups have some members who are just sick, disgusting, evil people, and it makes their whole group look bad. Guilt by association. Some say that's unfair, but I don't think it is.

If Christians were actually good people, all the Churches in the area would be rallying against this guy. Not only did he do incredibly awful things to these poor kids, but he is also tearing down what little positive reputation Christians have. You'd think all the Churches and members would be using their political pull to encourage harsher punishment for this man, but instead they likely used their influence to help him out. The only thing that makes Christians look worse than pedo church authorities, is when the churches help defend and hide the misdeeds of those people.

The common idea is that Christians accept, support, and hide this behavior to avoid making the church look bad by exposing these evil men. I totally disagree. It would do GOOD for the church's reputation if they were ousting pedos and using their pull to make sure they are harshly punished. I suspect the reason for defending and hiding these sickos is because the church doesn't actually have a problem with it, they are involved in the same sick behaviors as those who get caught, so they obviously want to help their fellow evil men out.

If you keep quiet while members of your group are doing terrible things, you aren't as bad as them, but you are still complicit in their actions. Muslims en masse need to denounce the actions of terrorists, police need to do the same about corrupt cops and those who abuse citizens. Christians and their Churches need to come out strongly against these type of behaviors and let their members and the public know that this will NOT be tolerated. They aren't doing that, and that shows to me that there is very little good left in the Christian churches.

There was that story a few weeks ago about a teacher who raped a student, and HIS CHURCH bailed him out of jail. That despicable. The Christian Churches in this country (and likely all over the world) have become nothing but bastions of sexually abusive and deviant people, and those who support and hide them. The church has been destroying the youth for generations. This type of sexual abuse has massive effects on the victims, and society as a whole.

One could argue the majority of this country's problems are related to sexual abuse. It's like a virus. Evil people victimize children, and as that child grows up the evil grows inside them too, and the cycle continues. Those that don't abuse others are shattered and destroyed. If you look at the numbers on how many people have been raped and molested, it's shockingly common. It's destroying the fabric of us as a people. It's twisting and perverting the human spirit and destroys everything good in the world.

And Christians support it, defend it, and hide it. It's shameful, it's disgusting, but maybe the most horrifying part is that it's not surprising in the least.
edit on 12-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

As a former law enforcement official, I cannot defend or accept such a cavalier attitude by the courts.

However, this story piqued my interest with the OP link to a blog post, and not an actual "news report."
It took seven pages of Google results before I found a couple of local news outlets' reports; instead of youtube, blogs and Wikipedia.

Turns out the truth is a bit different:

UPDATED 7:55 AM CST Mar 08, 2012
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -
A former youth pastor accused of sexually abusing a half-dozen boys and men has been put on probation and ordered to get sex offender treatment.

A judge told Brent Girouex, "Because this is a sexual abuse case, you are committed to custody of the Department of Corrections for rest of your life."
Early in the case, dating to March 2011, Girouex faced 89 charges. Pottawattamie County prosecutors then consolidated the charges.

Girouex pleaded guilty to one count of third-degree sexual abuse in November. He also entered an Alford plea to two counts of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist, admitting that prosecutors had enough evidence to find him guilty.
Girouex's defense countered the prosecution's case, saying that the age of consent has to factor in and that some of the victims weren't necessarily victims because they were too old. But, for the two victims that were too young, Girouex admitted wrongdoing.
If Girouex violates his probation, he'll face the maximum penalty for two counts of sexual exploitation and one count of third-degree sexual abuse.
Prosecutors said Girouex's treatment at the sexual offender treatment facility could last anywhere between 90 and 120 days, or even longer. Once he's done with that, he'll be under the supervision of the Iowa Department of Corrections for the rest of his life.

www.ketv.com...

www.kmtv.com...

I hope he stayed institutionalized a lot longer than 120 days, but how can this be "breaking news" when it happened 2 years ago?

Can't we try a little harder to go to something other than blogs as our "sources?"

jw

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I understand your objection to people of faith, but the real problems of exploitation are in our public schools.
Conspiracy of Silence: US Public Schools Sex Abuse Goes Unreported and Unpunished

A Dept. of Education/Hofstra University study in 2002 estimated that over the course of a 12-year education, 4 million children are exploited in our public schools.

Now you can get indignant.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

winofiend
Just goes to show that without proper qualifications and an umbrella authority to maintain a sembelance of legitimacy, any one can claim to be a counsellor or therapist.

So, this creep believes homosexuality can be cured by anal sex. Got it.

And the other creep says "No punishment for you, we'll cure you instead!". Got it.

It also appears that without any credible intelligence or brains to speak of, you can also claim to be a representative of the law and dish out your own style of justice.

Personally... and I take my own responsibility for it, I'd execute both of them.

representing no one but my own angered self. deviants in positions of authority of any sort, really bloody snap my man tits.

edit on 12-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

One star from me for that post just isn't good enough mate.

Mod's, please give the Fiend an applause for that!!

Nuff said.

[insert thumbs up emoticon here]

(post by Arouet removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

jdub297
reply to post by James1982

I understand your objection to people of faith, but the real problems of exploitation are in our public schools.
Conspiracy of Silence: US Public Schools Sex Abuse Goes Unreported and Unpunished

A Dept. of Education/Hofstra University study in 2002 estimated that over the course of a 12-year education, 4 million children are exploited in our public schools.

Now you can get indignant.

My issue is with the establishment, not people who choose to follow a certain religion. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with my other post, it was a little difficult to maintain using the proper word to make it clear I meant "the church" and not "all the people who are Christians and/or religious.

I would agree wholeheartedly on the schools too, I'm not really sure which is a bigger threat, the churches or the schools, but considering kids are basically forced into school, where as church attendance is relatively low I could see where you believe the schools are an even bigger threat.

The reason I believe the church is a bigger threat, is because it seems people place far more faith and trust into church officials than they do school officials. People seem more likely to ignore suspicious behavior if it's being perpetrated by a fellow church member or authority in the church. Additionally in schools, there are large numbers of children, and many different adults. In church related settings, parents seem to allow more leeway with what they allow their child to do. Church authorities getting kids alone, taking them away for weekend camp trips or whatever, that sort of thing.

Plus it seems the people in these groups and settings are less willing to accept that the person from the church is doing bad things, where as they would more quickly accept that a teacher has been involved with nefarious activities. And when teachers and school authorities get found out, they are usually fired and the police get involved. When people figure out that a priest is a pedo, the church simply hides the pervert in another area and they don't involve the police.
edit on 13-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I will PROMISE you this.
The judge is a pedophile.

I am a human being.
A human being with kids of my own.
As a human being, I have what is called "empathy".
Because of this, I am allowed to feel the pain of both the child and the parents/loved ones.
When I feel this pain, I also feel like exacting fair justice on the perpetrator of said crime/violation of free will.

The judge....well...he is missing an ingredient now isn't he?

I wonder why?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join