It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Youth Pastor Rapes Boys To ‘Cure’ Them Of Homosexuality, Won’t Spend One Day In Prison

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Info on the judge here or just view below

District Judge Greg W. Steensland

Profile: Greg W. Steensland is a judge of the Fourth District of Iowa. He was appointed to this position on October 7, 2005.

Steenslan...
Biographical Info: Steensland graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in political science in 1973 and received his law degree from Dra...
click here for more info...

Physical Address:
318 Leroy Street #6
Audubon, IA 50025
Office Hours:
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 1:00 p.m.); Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to noon
Court Reporter: Kim Johnson
District Court Administrator: Kent Wirth
Prosecuting Attorney: Francine O'Brien Andersen
Phone:
712-563-4275

Also here is some more information

District Court Administrator, Kent Wirth
227 S. 6th St. 4th Floor, Room 413
Pottawattamie County Courthouse
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
(712) 328-5733
edit on 13-9-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A tradition of some in religion. Doubt if it is going away since it doesn't get addressed in a manner to fix it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Yes, sometimes it is hard to stay on or easy to stray away from the right path. There is no man on this planet that is perfect. So just because you do not subscribe to a certain believe doesnt make you an authority on anything.

Your opinion is exactly that an opinion, which you are still constitutionally entitled to. I admit that there have been many attrocities committed in the name of God by many different religions. Those acts however came at the orders of and were sanctioned by the so called leadership which I believe is fundamentaly corrupted.

I have said this before, find a direct quote from Christ that condones immorality, you won't.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Couldnt read anymore of this life ruining monster so if posted i missed it but maybe his treatment should be the same as what his cure was. Or is he just the pitcher if so lets make him the catcher with big bubba pitching. He ruined them boys sick sick monster.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I believe in Karma.

Both the judge and the pastor will get their come uppance!

I can only imagine the fathers, brothers and uncles and grand fathers of the boys that were molested.

Do you think that they're going to sit on their hands and do nothing???

Send them to see Jesus!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
guys....did any of you fact check this article at all???? Did you happen to notice some very glaringly obvious information and oh mercy me, DISinformation in the source article? Does anyone think theres a difference between rape and sexual exploitation?

oh no, nevermind that he was arrested on SUSPICION of over 60 counts of sexual exploitation.... most of which was not part of his formal charges.

so how could he get such a light sentence? maybe its because there were no charges of rape? just maybe? why dont you guys do a little bit more reading before jumping on the 'lets draw and quarter that sumbich' bandwagon.

www.kcci.com...

"Girouex pleaded guilty to sexual abuse in the third degree. He also entered an Alford plea on two counts of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist, admitting prosecutors had enough evidence to find him guilty. One charge is a felony, and the other is a misdemeanor."

60 rapes? no.... two counts of sexual exploitation and one count sexual abuse. Deny ignorance, fact check your sources.

now, having said all that....you think this guy is bad? have you seen this one??

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Cant be true can it?

I mean, really? Surely this is crazy, id have a easier time believing "aliens confirmed" on beforeitsnews before this!

WHAT THE HELL?!?!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Seems the guy has somehow got away with his pedophile activity by BSing the court. I think the guy should go to jail and the judge should be removed from his position. I bet the cops there are a little frustrated.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Again, your bigotry destroys your credibility.

It only makes sense to focus on the largest group that is perpetrating the vast majority of these acts.

But you didn’t do that!

The largest group perpetrating the vast majority of these acts are public school employees.!

If you’d read my linked thread and the internal cites, you would have seen the studies and statistics and records that prove it beyond any reasonable doubt.
Instead, you chose to ignore them, or decided to continue to present falsehoods and opinion as fact.

More to the point, this thread is about what a Christian youth pastor did. Hopefully that explains my focus on Christianity.

Again, your prejudice betrays your skewed mindset.

This story is about a judge who was completely wrong in his application of the law; ignoring the criminal’s employer/pastor, the victims, the prosecutors, and his own precedents! But you perversely twist into an indictment of Christianity. You are so caught up in your fear and loathing that you cannot see the trees for the forest.

You cannot honestly deny that the church has been involved in wide scale sexual abuse, and equally as concerning wide scale coverups.

You overlook that [I]there was no cover-up here[/I], and that some of the "encounters" were consensual with MEN, and that he was only convicted of 3 offenses; instead of the 60 over-charged by the State. Your premise falls flat!

You cannot honestly contend that U.S. Christians have anywhere near the 4.5 million sexual predators who take advantage of students over the course of their K-!! educations? There aren’t even 4 million priest in the U.S. Now, you have to make up criminals just to fit your fantasies and misrepresentations!

That is the subject of this thread, that was the focus of my post.

You can repeat that all you want, but it doesn’t change the truth:
If the guy had gotten life, we never would have heard of him or the case. The story is about the idiocy ofd a judge and legal system in this abuse of justice.

If anything that shows how bad the church is

THIS is youtr point; why not just come out and say it?

Why did I mention a priest?

Oh, so if it would’ve been a policeman or Nurse or homeless person, that would make everything AOK with you?

You cannot sustain this line, and still pretend to be sincere anymore. You hate the Christian faith/church, if not all organized religion.

How about all those charity hospitals they founded? The shelters and homes for the homeless or battered wives?

Just look around your community and see how many charities are named after saints and Christian organizations. That’s not good enough, though, is it?

The subject of this thread is specifically a certain youth pastor, my post expanded to cover the broader issue, what other term would you prefer I use?

Oh I don’t know. Maybe SATAN! Or an idiot Judge. Or a corrupt legal system. Or a deficient range of punishment available.

But we know which you prefer.

Look at the Anthony Wiener debacle, he was involved sexually with another consenting adult, texting pictures of a sexual nature. Not very classy, but not illegal, and absolutely nothing compared to what the church is guilty of, yet Anthony Wiener was plastered all over newspapers, tv, and the internet.

And, he LED THE POLLS until he proved himself to be a liar in addition to a pervert. You didn’t know that?

You are being very dishonest if you deny that they all get the same treatment, just from different sides of the media.

B. S. And you know it . I will not touch the T&Cs by telling you what you are.

You cannot and will not show me 4.5 million Christian predators. I can show you 4.5 million public school predators over the K-11 life of children in their care.

I'm not even sure how politicians and union members are relevant to this discussion.

Hello!!!
School boards and education commissioners are ELECTED.
Teachers belong to any of three of the most powerful unions on the planet!

That’s why I asked where you've been for 25 years.
You distorted mindset is sad and contemptible. Put blame where it ;lays, not on your chosen scapegoats.

edit on 13-9-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I 100% agree with this. I never would have fancied the idea just months ago, but now I think it is something demonic in our leaders.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

Most people on ATS would rather watch youtube or accept a blog as fact than do a little thinking and research.

Did you see the other stories from the Council Bluffs and Lincoln TV stations I linked?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Pretty messed up every way you look at it. An supposed "anti-homosexual" engaging in homosexual acts with youths to "fix" them.

Repressed Sexuality a little there???????

He could do so much good "fixing" people in Jail, I don't know why the Judge didn't sentence him to Community service with a jail term.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well, if you like hybrid cannibals and their children, then by all means don't stop them.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Well, if you like hybrid cannibals and their children, then by all means don't stop them.

So your justifying ANYTHING god does as moral simply because god commands it? Maybe god told this man to rape little boys. Religious people have made it quite clear throughout history that they are willing to lie to justify anything, there is no reason to trust "hybrids and cannibals" is truthful. You yourself have repeatedly posted lies, as truth, from Christians in other threads and refused to apologize.

Thank you for another great example of religion being an embarrassment to all of humanity and a mental virus that deserves our hate. Your beliefs disgust me.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, with that brand of "logic," a lawyer for a rapist (the regular old heterosexual violence sort) in that court can now just say their client was attempting to "rape away the normal sexual urges" of the victim to save their soul from damnation due to premarital promiscuity and expect the same "punishment."

That was a convoluted way to say some judges are disgusting creatures, along with some people.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Give me FIVE minutes with this f*king creep in the ring; mass broadcast across the world.. FIVE minutes and he wont think about another child again.. I'd show him how real men handle business..

God damn sick world we live in...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Evil people victimize children, and as that child grows up the evil grows inside them too, and the cycle continues. Those that don't abuse others are shattered and destroyed. If you look at the numbers on how many people have been raped and molested, it's shockingly common. It's destroying the fabric of us as a people. It's twisting and perverting the human spirit and destroys everything good in the world.

This is an insult to those of us who choose to become survivors, rather than remain victims of rape/sexual abuse. I do agree with much of your comment, but to generalize in the manner you have chosen to word your opinion/s is just wrong.

I understand why people think this way; that all abusers grow up to abuse, but it puts me on the defensive.. making me feel as though I have to defend myself because of what I've experienced. Some people actually do learn from their past-not to repeat the pattern.

It's so unfair that a survivor should ever feel the need to explain and/or defend themselves for a crime committed against them. Though it's true that I felt shattered for a while, I was never destroyed.

I do feel that if a person lives their entire life in an abusive environment, without ever knowing another lifestyle, that it might be more likely the person repeats the pattern--because the environment in which that person lived was their own "normal", and they knew of nothing better. But those people are not representative of most cases.
~Peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

James1982

One could argue the majority of this country's problems are related to sexual abuse. It's like a virus. Evil people victimize children, and as that child grows up the evil grows inside them too, and the cycle continues. Those that don't abuse others are shattered and destroyed. If you look at the numbers on how many people have been raped and molested, it's shockingly common. It's destroying the fabric of us as a people. It's twisting and perverting the human spirit and destroys everything good in the world.

This I agree with. Sexual depravity has run amok. It's shameful that there are those who prey on children.

James1982
And Christians support it, defend it, and hide it. It's shameful, it's disgusting, but maybe the most horrifying part is that it's not surprising in the least.
edit on 12-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

This I find to be a gross generalization. As a follower, I can attest that everyone I know who is a believer would be very dismayed, disgusted, and filled with sorrow. Anyone that hides such conduct is as guilty as if they had committed the act itself. But to think this is acceptable in the eyes of the Church is wrong. Jesus himself said that anyone that should harm "one of these little ones" (children) it would be better had they never been born, or tied a mill stone around his neck and dropped it in the sea. Definitely NOT ok with it. In Moses's time, this man would have been drug out the city gates and stoned, and rightfully so.
edit on 13-9-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The so called "Judge" and "Pastor" are sick, sick people. If a regular person rapes kids they get close to life in prison but if a pastor does it then according to this "judge" it's perfectly fine because he's a man of God.
The legal system sucks.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

... absolutely nothing compared to what the church is guilty of.......

Churches, schools, scouts, etc.- yes, but it's been proven that sexual abuse is most prevalent in the home, or by relatives & friends, those people known to the victims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join