It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Youth Pastor Rapes Boys To ‘Cure’ Them Of Homosexuality, Won’t Spend One Day In Prison

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Doesn't anyone think the guy is gay?
edit on 13-9-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

You are absolutely right!

It is a secret crime of abuse to those close and easily intimidated or kept quiet.
Most assaults of any type are between people who know or are related to each other.
It's very easy to blame scouts, churches, et c,; but the real failure here was with the judge and justice system. As I asked James earlier, would it make it any better if it was a parent, policeman, or anyone else other than a member of a church?
Of course not!
People lose sight of truth when they are blinded by other, unspoken, things.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't know what to say this is beyond abonimable. What is the judge thinking? That man and the judge are disgusting, that man deserves time behind bars.

He deserves a bobbit cut it clear off, sick scum. I hope someone's dad finds him and he disappears for good. I'm freaking tired of rapists being let free to do it again. They leave behind a trail of sadness wherever they go all the while keeping themselves pleased as punch.

Bring back public hangings and start making examples out of people who hurt children, no excuses......none.

The judge needs to be fired.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Justice system is a joke. Also, just from personal experience these gay youth therapy centers are child abuse. They shouldn't be legal. They are very detrimental to the kids/teens who are sent to them. Then throw in the fact that the majority of the people who run them are closeted weirdos(cough, Bachmanns husband, cough) and you have a disaster.

Either way though I made up my mind when I have a child if I find out anyone has molested them...I don't care if they are close family or not, I am going to shoot whoever did it point blank and go to jail. The justice system is worthless and just serves to imprison non-violent offenders(pot smokers) while letting the worst of the worst get off on short sentences.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by James1982

Wrong, Christians do not support this. Sick and stupid people who happen to call themselves Christians do. Please do not blanket policy an entire culture (of which many are good people) because some monsters hide behind it.

Pepophiles often choose jobs or positions that allow them to gain trust amongst there community so they can then exploit that trust to fullfill there own sick desires.

Im really tired of people blaming or condemning all christians based on the misdeeds of a few. There are far more decent Christians than there are bad.

I suggest you find a story or two where someone or a group of people came together in the name of faith and did some good for the world. We don't hear about those stories as often because feel good news doesn't shock/sell.

I've already stated several times, my comments are about the christian establishment, not every last person that identifies as a christian. And the christian establishment overall is not coming down on these perverts. They are hiding them, making excuses for them, paying for their bail and legal defense. They are supporting them. Why isn't every church in that area coming out and condemning this man's action?

When a church official gets in trouble for these perverted acts, the church rallies behind them. That says everything that needs to be said. Until they stop doing that, their image will remain the same.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

jdub297

Again, your bigotry destroys your credibility.

It only makes sense to focus on the largest group that is perpetrating the vast majority of these acts.

But you didn’t do that!

The largest group perpetrating the vast majority of these acts are public school employees.!

If you’d read my linked thread and the internal cites, you would have seen the studies and statistics and records that prove it beyond any reasonable doubt.
Instead, you chose to ignore them, or decided to continue to present falsehoods and opinion as fact.

More to the point, this thread is about what a Christian youth pastor did. Hopefully that explains my focus on Christianity.

Again, your prejudice betrays your skewed mindset.

This story is about a judge who was completely wrong in his application of the law; ignoring the criminal’s employer/pastor, the victims, the prosecutors, and his own precedents! But you perversely twist into an indictment of Christianity. You are so caught up in your fear and loathing that you cannot see the trees for the forest.

You cannot honestly deny that the church has been involved in wide scale sexual abuse, and equally as concerning wide scale coverups.

You overlook that [I]there was no cover-up here[/I], and that some of the "encounters" were consensual with MEN, and that he was only convicted of 3 offenses; instead of the 60 over-charged by the State. Your premise falls flat!

You cannot honestly contend that U.S. Christians have anywhere near the 4.5 million sexual predators who take advantage of students over the course of their K-!! educations? There aren’t even 4 million priest in the U.S. Now, you have to make up criminals just to fit your fantasies and misrepresentations!

That is the subject of this thread, that was the focus of my post.

You can repeat that all you want, but it doesn’t change the truth:
If the guy had gotten life, we never would have heard of him or the case. The story is about the idiocy ofd a judge and legal system in this abuse of justice.

If anything that shows how bad the church is

THIS is youtr point; why not just come out and say it?

Why did I mention a priest?

Oh, so if it would’ve been a policeman or Nurse or homeless person, that would make everything AOK with you?

You cannot sustain this line, and still pretend to be sincere anymore. You hate the Christian faith/church, if not all organized religion.

How about all those charity hospitals they founded? The shelters and homes for the homeless or battered wives?

Just look around your community and see how many charities are named after saints and Christian organizations. That’s not good enough, though, is it?

The subject of this thread is specifically a certain youth pastor, my post expanded to cover the broader issue, what other term would you prefer I use?

Oh I don’t know. Maybe SATAN! Or an idiot Judge. Or a corrupt legal system. Or a deficient range of punishment available.

But we know which you prefer.

Look at the Anthony Wiener debacle, he was involved sexually with another consenting adult, texting pictures of a sexual nature. Not very classy, but not illegal, and absolutely nothing compared to what the church is guilty of, yet Anthony Wiener was plastered all over newspapers, tv, and the internet.

And, he LED THE POLLS until he proved himself to be a liar in addition to a pervert. You didn’t know that?

You are being very dishonest if you deny that they all get the same treatment, just from different sides of the media.

B. S. And you know it . I will not touch the T&Cs by telling you what you are.

You cannot and will not show me 4.5 million Christian predators. I can show you 4.5 million public school predators over the K-11 life of children in their care.

I'm not even sure how politicians and union members are relevant to this discussion.

Hello!!!
School boards and education commissioners are ELECTED.
Teachers belong to any of three of the most powerful unions on the planet!

That’s why I asked where you've been for 25 years.
You distorted mindset is sad and contemptible. Put blame where it ;lays, not on your chosen scapegoats.

edit on 13-9-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

It's been fun, but to avoid making an overly aggressive reply, I'm done. I'm not going to be complicit in your twisting of words and deflection of the issue. You obviously are not "getting it" You are reading what you want to hear from me, not what I'm actually saying, and you show no signs of actually trying to understand what I'm saying, so there isn't much point in continuing.

You have brought up the schools over and over again, they are irrelevant to what I was discussing. I was discussing the actions of the christian establishment, that has absolutely nothing to do with the actions of school administrators and teachers. It's a deflection, you refuse to address the issue I am discussing, so you deflect to another issue.

I am willing to answer and respond to any and all comments and questions relating to my post, as long as they are relevant to the topic I am discussing. I will not follow you as you swerve into non-related issues in an attempt at deflection. Nor will I be involved in a discussion with someone who ignores rebuttals to their points. You said the media doesn't attack politicians as they do church members. I pointed out Anthony Wiener, and again you deflected to stuff about polls, that's irrelevant. You refused to accept that the media DOES in fact blow things out of proportion and attack political figures. You are the only person on Earth who would deny that the media attacks politicians, that's a laughable concept.

So thanks for the time you put into our discussion, but unless you want to actually respond to the subject I'm talking about this will be my last reply to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

and there, in a nutshell, is your basic, run of the mill religious mindset.

That's why I avoid it like the plague

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is obviously sick, but no true follower of the Christian faith would ever condone this.

I have my own personal beliefs of spirituality, but I'm very familiar with Christianity and there's no denying people of the Christian faith will be outraged.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

I agree. Those of us that were abused may be a bit twisted in our views of Pedophiles but by and large, I think most of us come out the other side and are appalled at the experience. For instance, in my twisted thirst for vengeance, I would like nothing more than to peel a pedophile like an onion and dip them in acid.

Does that make me a bad Christian? Maybe, but I would leap at the chance to utterly destroy a pedophile so some kid does't live with the shame and humiliation that follows you for the rest of your life.

In the mean time I have raised two healthy productive daughters so I am not that broken a man because of what happened in my case.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
17 years suspended sentence. Wonder how many times a week, the judge samples the pastor's anus.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Why isn't every church in that area coming out and condemning this man's action?

How do you know they didn't? You're making this falsehood up to suit your perverted opinions.

This happened in 2012, and his boss/pastor condemned his action in Court.
You ignored the truth, again to suit your bias, didn't you?

When a church official gets in trouble for these perverted acts, the church rallies behind them.

No church official hid this from the police or public.
They spoke out in open court and were quoted on television.

Your pathetic lies have no support whatsoever here.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

sqorpius
17 years suspended sentence. Wonder how many times a week, the judge samples the pastor's anus.

You can find out for yourself by checkin out the facts.

You read the OP quote from a blog; you didn't go to the source I and others have linked to for the facts.

He got a minimum of 60 to 120 days (possibly longer) to do for a single assault conviction, and two "no contest" pleas to improper influence by a counselor. He also got 17 years to do, suspended but under supervised probation, and lifetime supervision from the department of corrections as a sex offender.

This happened in March, 2012 for offenses in 2011 outside of his church.

You can check his status at the Iowa Department of Corrections or through the convicting Court.
All you have to do is think and look for yourself to see what really happened.
Many here don't want to do that and would prefer to continue in their false characterizations and deceptions.

Would it make you happier if he was a relative; the most common sex abusers in the world?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
He deserves to be out down like the rabid animal he is. And yes, child rape is a crime worthy of death - this goes out to all of the people who seem so inclined to defend people like this. I'm not sure if it's your religiosity that makes your thought process so deranged or if you're hiding something.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

We're 4 pages into this, and I haven't seen anyone on this thread or any other defend any of the idiots responsible for this horrible atrocity.

I have seen people pointing out inaccuracies, incompleteness of facts and outright lies. That doesn't equate to defending any of the bastards responsible.

Most of the "religious" posts cited Christian teachings AGAINST such acts by the perpetrator AND the system!

I have personally challenged the view that organized religion is somehow RESPONSIBLE for this as the bigotry it clearly is.

A police officer in Texas raped a child and others covered it up; same in Chicago and New York.
Should we condemn all law enforcement?

I know of a case in Indiana where a farmer kept children against their wills for sex, and a bus driver in Cleveland. Do we condemn rural people and Ohioans?

Some of the people who post cannot use logic and reason to get past their fears and biases, and see the systemic failures of our society in general in these regards.

Some societies accept pedophilia and child-brides as normal:
Indians, Peruvians, Roma, Greeks, Muslims, Chinese are a few easy examples.
When do we nuke 'em?

Anthropologists agree that our ancestors had sex with children; should we wipe-out the entire human race?
Should everyone live by YOUR narrow standards?
What about people who have no use for hatless apes?

Are you of the mind that those who see things differently from the ignorant should all "be put down like the animals they are," shut up, or die?

What are you afraid of, really?
edit on 14-9-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In the town I grew up in, a message like that sent by the Judge meant that he expected the men of the town to handle it themselves, without repercussions.

Sadly, I dont think that is the situation here.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I grew up for a while in a small South Texas town, and we had a JP who did that too.
He had a very safe precinct and a long career.
I understand there's still some of that in other small towns, especially in AZ, WY, TX, OK, and MO.

Sometimes, we forget that our communities used to be the backbone of our society, before we started asking the government to do everything for us.
star for reminding me of that.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The difference is - police officers don't come to the defense of other police officers who raffle children. If they do, yes, all parties involved should be striped of their position and the offending party should be severely punished. Death is not out of the question. So in short -religious practice should be allowed, but when someone proves they can't handle it, if should be taken away from them in one form or another.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

so ?

whats the outrage of so many friends here , about this Concocted [ read: carefully set up] story ?

its but Distraction
using some religious Freak
to not let people look at
'banksters' who are Raping millions every day - and théy walk out, as well ?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Why are perfectly harmless people locked up because of their "mental health problems" while this sociopath is released on probation? And who are the idiots who thought this guy was fit to be a therapist/counselor?
edit on 14-9-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Wow are you kidding, oh so you are going to use this nut job to bash real Christians? Typical....
Get real, there are always people who use Christianity for their own reasons, doesn't mean they are Christian, get a clue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join