It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman in custody, police investigate 'possible domestic battery'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
George Zimmerman not yet under arrest, cops say

George Zimmerman, the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer acquitted of murder in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has been detained as authorities investigate a domestic incident in Lake Mary, police confirmed.
Police are investigating a "possible domestic battery" involving Zimmerman ... police Officer Zach Hudson said this afternoon. The police spokesman said it was his understanding that a gun was involved.

Orlando Sentinel

This is a developing story. Zimmerman hasn't been charged yet.

I hesitated before posting this. I know most of us are weary of TM/GZ topics. I always check ATS for breaking news, though, and I know others do, too. So here it is.

Zimmerman is in the middle of divorce proceedings. I'm sure this situation is directly related. I'll try to post updates as they come in and find more sources.

edit on 9/9/13 by anniquity because: format.failure.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anniquity

And this matters why? A domestic altercation is not newsworthy, it happens so frequently that we could have a whole sub-forum dedicated to it, just because its Zimmerman in the spotlight doesn't make it special.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Helig

And this matters why? A domestic altercation is not newsworthy, it happens so frequently that we could have a whole sub-forum dedicated to it, just because its Zimmerman in the spotlight doesn't make it special.

You know,
It doesn't matter to everyone, but it does matter to some and it is breaking news. As I said, ATS is the first place I check for new news stories and I know others do the same. There are people who find this a relevant topic for many reasons, from gun rights to civil rights.
There are a lot of things in the news and on the web that I have no interest in or feel aren't newsworthy. You know what I do?
I don't click the link and read it if I don't care about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This

is The Magus' total lack of surprise

watch how the defenders of z-man claim this is a non-issue

regrettably [yet to head the aforementioned off at the pass],
this has already been posted

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Remember when they all blamed Trayvon.
Lets see the apologists defend him here.
Grabs his gun on his wife and father in law, sounds like he is not that stable at all.
Were there any restrictions on him having a gun after the trial?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What? They got their 15 minutes of fame and need more? Please go away you people, there are so many other pressing issues going on today and it really ticks me off they put them on the news (I was watching CNN to keep up on the Syria issue) and those idiots are given air time.
I may as well turn the tv off and just hang on ATS.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Zimmerman being held for questioning in domestic dispute.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
was the first thread on this topic. Please visit that thread,
Thanks!
~ann =)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I have been listening to CNN and they said that a gun was on the site that the incident happened; but that there was no gun involved in the incident.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
wow... This guy never quits does he?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

No, a domestic altercation is not newsworthy, but the subject involved—Zimmerman—is, and it is just another piece of the puzzle that builds the complete picture of his true character, which is, considering other aspects of his past in addition to the Martin incident, very questionable. And the GZ apologists should look at all the pieces of the puzzle.

edit on 9-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I suppose the case (the trial) does reflect on society and where this country is at when it comes to self-defense laws, etc. It is relevant in that regard and lets face it, the case caused protests and got massive media coverage and sparked significant debate. It was kind of nice not to hear his name or see his face for awhile, though.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

caladonea

I have been listening to CNN and they said that a gun was on the site that the incident happened; but that there was no gun involved in the incident.

*nod*
This is cross-posted from other related thread:
Zimmerman being held for questioning in domestic dispute

anniquity

The foxnews headline is:
Police: George Zimmerman's estranged wife calls saying he threatened her, her dad with gun.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

No details in the article yet, however.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Liquesence
reply to post by Helig

No, a domestic altercation is not newsworthy, but the subject involved—Zimmerman—is, and it is just another piece of the puzzle that builds the complete picture of his true character, which is, considering other aspects of his past in addition to the Martin incident, very questionable. And the GZ apologists should look at all the pieces of the puzzle.

edit on 9-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

^^^^bbm^^^^

Well said!
That's what I was thinking and trying to express, especially the part of the statement I bolded above.
Thanks,
~ann

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

anniquity
George Zimmerman not yet under arrest, cops say

I don't think someone can be 'in custody' if they are not under arrest.
Not sure ... but I don't think so.

I'll say the same thing that I said on the other thread ... everyone relax. The lynch mob can put their pitchforks and torches away. The Zimmermans are going through a divorce and the wife has been making the rounds in the past few days really badmouthing Zimmerman ... and stating that she wants 1/2 the money in the legal defense fund because she thinks she deserves it. She's a piece of work ...

Instead of jumping to conclusions, how about folks actually wait and see what the real facts are.

(you'd think people would have learned by now)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yes ....first CNN reports there was a gun around; but the gun was not used; then they report a gun was used towards his soon to be x-wives relative.

I wounder what will be reported next!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Case in point. Got your pitchfork all sharpened up, I see.
Instead of jumping to conclusions, just WAIT FOR THE FACTS.
Geee ... that makes much more sense than assuming and making up
stories that no one knows is true or not .....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

caladonea

He has a permit to carry and he carries because of threats from yutz's who threaten him.
So if he and his wife get into an argument, the Zimmerman haters will spin the story into
him wielding a weapon and threatening his (soon to be) ex wife and father in law.
Never mind waiting for the facts .....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

FlyersFan

caladonea

He has a permit to carry and he carries because of threats from yutz's who threaten him.
So if he and his wife get into an argument, the Zimmerman haters will spin the story into
him wielding a weapon and threatening his (soon to be) ex wife and father in law.
Never mind waiting for the facts .....

You can end the PR campaign, he was found not guilty a couple of months ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Does this really suprise anybody? This idiot is a one way trip to a bad ending. I just hope he does not kill anybody else along the way. Nut bags with guns like this loon make the rest of look bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Oh stop it. Telling the 'grab the torches and pitchforks' folks to calm down isn't 'campaigning'.
Instead of jumping on me for bringing common sense into a discussion, how about you
jump on those who jumped to conclusions again. Good luck with that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join