It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman in custody, police investigate 'possible domestic battery'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

FlyersFan

anniquity
George Zimmerman in custody, police investigate 'possible domestic battery'
George Zimmerman not yet under arrest, cops say

I don't think someone can be 'in custody' if they are not under arrest.
Not sure ... but I don't think so.

I'll say the same thing that I said on the other thread ... everyone relax. The lynch mob can put their pitchforks and torches away. The Zimmermans are going through a divorce and the wife has been making the rounds in the past few days really badmouthing Zimmerman ... and stating that she wants 1/2 the money in the legal defense fund because she thinks she deserves it. She's a piece of work ...

Instead of jumping to conclusions, how about folks actually wait and see what the real facts are.

(you'd think people would have learned by now)

I copy and pasted the news article headline. =)
That's where the 'in custody' phrase came from. I'm not sure about 'in custody' either. I wonder if it varies by state... (and there's my rabbit hole for this evening
)
I posted this as a news story, and hesitated before I did that because people seem to react so strongly to this subject.
I agree with you, actually. There is a lot here that is not known yet. The circumstances and timing are, at the least, suspect. I hope people seriously take the 'ugly accusations can happen in a divorce' factor into account, myself. =)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This guy needs to be more careful to avoid drawing attention to himself since the martin incident, he's scrutinized like celebrities are...

Domestic dispute is really only an argument, he should know enough to avoid such things.Maybe there should be a reality show "The Zimmerman's", bout where it is already.

Aside from that, how is this news?, I guess he's just being harassed for being acquitted, punished again by the media anyway whether he was guilty or not. The trailer parks are abuzz.......

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anniquity

Oh I didn't mean YOU .. I mean the article. I"m not sure if you can 'be in custody' and not be under arrest??? I just don't know. I'm asking the question really .....

link   

caladonea

Yes ....first CNN reports there was a gun around; but the gun was not used; then they report a gun was used towards his soon to be x-wives relative.

I wounder what will be reported next!

Wow!
In the time it took me to type one response!
My next response was going to be to you commenting on you having heard it live on CNN. I am only reading articles. Anytime new news breaks it takes a while for the 'known facts' to become the... um.. known facts.

I think most people who watch (or read) breaking news are aware of that?
At least I HOPE they are!

Thanks for the updates,
~anna

link   

Toastbuster
wow... This guy never quits does he?

Who? The OP?

I wouldn't say that. It's already been posted also. So they say. I havent read that thread yet, so it may be the same OP, which would then be in line with your comment.

I heard that GZ also wore shoes. Can you say "serial Killer" ? I mean, the chances of someone wearing shoes and killing people are absolutely almost 100%.

Next, we'll hear that this deviant murdering scumbag smoked a cigarette or something. Should have sent him to the gas chambers...

And yeah OP, stop being a doer.. doers never quit.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Oh I didn't mean YOU .. I mean the article. I"m not sure if you can 'be in custody' and not be under arrest??? I just don't know. I'm asking the question really .....

Without asking the questions we can't learn the answers, so thanks for mentioning it!
I'm asking the very same question now...
Knowledge is Power!
'In Custody' rabbit hole here I come!

~ann

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
news.msn.com...

Apparently GZ's celebrity status is not going well. I predicted as much. Eventually he will get himself locked up unless he somehow acquires some common sense and retires. I seriously doubt this will happen as he seems to be in demand to speak at firearm gatherings, other right wing causes and his book deal.

www.usatoday.com...

Will he eventually pull out his pistol one to many times? I've got green money that says he doesn't make it thru Christmas.
edit on 9-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Having been thru a divorce or two I think commenting now would be a waste of time but once again he's being convicted before the trial

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Hey MyHappyDogShiner:

Domestic dispute is really only an argument,

You don't get arrested and taken into custody for just verbally "arguing." Sorry. Never saw that one happen.
Domestic, when law enforcement is involved, simply means there was something of a physical nature that occurred, which was potentially or outright harmful and threatening, again, in a physical way. Are you aware that "battery" simply constitutes putting your hands on someone who does not wish you to touch them, for instance?

Respectfully,
tetra50

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Latest Update:

George Zimmerman's wife not planning to press charges in domestic dispute
www.chicagotribune.com...

ORLANDO—
UPDATE: The estranged wife of George Zimmerman is not planning to press charges after police were called to a domestic dispute in central Florida on Monday, said Lake Mary police chief Steve Bracknell

But it/she sure got everyone's attention, didn't she?
I'll keep watching for updates, somehow I don't think it's over yet.
~ann
edit on 9/9/13 by anniquity because: format.fail.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

O really? An innocent kid was killed and this only goes to show ..... If true.... The guy has a propensity for aggression... And I might add a really good lawyer!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I believe many jurisdictions can keep some one in custody for 24 or 48 hours without charging them to facilitate the investigation.

It is unfortunate for the Zimmermans that their marriage is failing but the stress of George facing his trial would have been very hard on his relationship with his wife.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

tetra50
You don't get arrested and taken into custody for just verbally "arguing." Sorry. Never saw that one happen.

Well you usually do not get arrested for a verbal confrontation, however you can be taken into custody or detained while Police investigate for a crime. However, the point you make is moot since George Zimmerman was not arrested nor was he detained. This is clearly stated in the article.

Hudson said earlier that although Zimmerman was not detained and was not in custody, he was cooperating with police.

Domestic, when law enforcement is involved, simply means there was something of a physical nature that occurred, which was potentially or outright harmful and threatening, again, in a physical way. Are you aware that "battery" simply constitutes putting your hands on someone who does not wish you to touch them, for instance?

What you are describing here is not the definition of "Domestic", it is the definition of "Domestic Violence" and you are also wrong. Domestic Violence is used as a legal classification. As an example, let us say you fight with your girlfriend/wife. You step outside and in a childish move decide to let the air out of the tires on her car. You would be charged with "Domestic Violence- Tampering with an Automobile". The actual crime you are accused of is Tampering with an automobile. It is classified as Domestic Violence due to the nature of your relationship with the victim.

As far as the story, it's a non issue. The parties involved have decided to not press charges. Zimmerman claims they were the aggressors and after reading the article and hearing the 911 call, he may be right and I base this conclusion on the story being told and some common sense. Keep in mind, I was NOT a Zimmerman supporter during his trial and believed then, as I do now, that he should have been tried and convicted of manslaughter.

He is accused of punching his father in law in the nose. He is accused of placing a hand on his gun and saying, "step closer". That does not sound like an attacker to me. That sound like someone who is keeping a physical distance from someone else. This is also assuming that he was saying what his soon to be ex wife is claiming. Her story does not jive with me. Listening to the 911 call, I get the impression she is making things sound worse than they are, for instance when she yells to her father to "come in the house, George might start shooting at us". If George was an "attacker" why would the Father being going out of the house to engage in further confrontation? Clearly George is not trying to get in.

My guess? This is gonna a messy divorce for him and she will do what she can to get him in trouble and get the money she is after.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
just saw on HLN that shellie zimmerman refused to file charges after speaking with her lawyer.
police will not charge and arrest george zimmmernman.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

After a domestic dispute the victim does not have to press charges.

The cops/DA can file charges on their own accord even if the victim doesn't desire to press them.

Back to topic: my local news said that GZ threatened them with a knife before getting the gun. I also read/heard that he punched the man.

That in itself is assault/cause for charge, if true.

edit on 9-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Everyone AGAIN is marking Zimmerman as guilty AGAIN without any of the facts or evidence...
Innocent until proven guilty.. Shellie is milking this divorce for money. She's trying to get what ever money is left from zimmerman while playing the innocent victim.. She herself just pleaded guilty to perjury for lying to the court about where she was putting the donation money at.. Why am I so cynical this is a big set up? Because Shellie just happened to come out on TV and announce her big divorce, now she needs to add ammo to her divorce case by causing an uproar..

The state of FL. the DA or (district attorney) can pick up the charges even if Shellie decided not to press charges. It looks like the state is not even getting into it because the lack of evidence..
Lets stop the modern day witch hunt against zimmerman.. Shellie is scandalous and I can see right through her drama..

The DA can pick up the charges in cases like these in case a victim might be too scared or intimidated to do so. The state will use any evidence provided and press charges if there is enough proof to do so..

Also if the father in law started this fight with zimmerman, then he has every right to defend himself from an enraged father-in-law..
edit on 9-9-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Also if the father in law started this fight with zimmerman, then he has every right to defend himself from an enraged father-in-law..

So once again he's "standing his ground." *eye roll*

GZ just seems to be a magnet for trouble, which he seems to luckily avoid. While it's entirely possible he's unlucky in attracting (or creating) such attention he's lucky nothing happens because of it, as most people don't have this much BS follow them, attached to them, or instigate or escalate it, so logic seems to suggest that there is something about him that is undesirable, unless, of course, everyone is just conspiring against the poor SOB (and not the media or public opinion, but he apparent attitude and actions over the course of his life).

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Liquesence
reply to post by starfoxxx

So once again he's "standing his ground

It's called Self Defense, his case with martin was never even a stand your ground case.. It was a pure self defense case. Stand your ground never even was entered into the court document..
Self defense should never be frowned upon, everyone has a right to protect themselves..
Why is the father-in-law not pressing charges? Because he did something that would allow zimmerman to press charges himself. Or the whole thing is a farce..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Liquesence

After a domestic dispute the victim does not have to press charges.

The cops/DA can file charges on their own accord even if the victim doesn't desire to press them.

Back to topic: my local news said that GZ threatened them with a knife before getting the gun. I also read/heard that he punched the man.

That in itself is assault/cause for charge, if true.

i just reported what HLN reported .
here's a link to the page,

Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman "refused to speak" to police until she talked with her attorney. "After consulting with their attorney, they declined prosecution," he said.

Shellie Zimmerman won't press charges

it appears that you maybe wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

How does that make me wrong?

The cops/DA *can* press charges if the victim refuses. Fact. That doesn't mean they *have* to. Now, after speaking with her if they decided not to, that certainly could speak volumes about the situation.

But the article you cited says nothing other than what is already reported or known.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join