It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman in custody, police investigate 'possible domestic battery'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

tetra50

And your reasons for bringing up anecdotal stories is what???? different than lame, but you did the same.... And you are so right? Why, again???? Never mind...

My reasons for bringing up anecdotal stories? You must be joking. We already went over this, tetra, but I'm willing to go over it again just for you. Here, I'll do a quick summary of our conversation to make sure we're on the same page:

1. You claimed people don't go to jail on a domestic call unless they actually perpetrated some sort of abuse. Implying that Zimmerman must have been beating up his wife if he got arrested.

2. (pay close attention this is where I related anecdotes of friends and family) I was utterly shocked that someone would seriously claim that people never wrongly go to jail on domestic calls, as you claimed. Because of this I shared personal stories where people DID wrongly go to jail. That was the reason for sharing these situations. That's how disproving a claim works. You said something I knew was wrong. I replied saying you were wrong, with proof to back it up.

3. You got all worked up in a tizzy after being corrected. You even confirmed my claim (and rebutted your previous claim) by saying you support laws which require someone go to jail, regardless of if anyone actually was perpetrating any domestic abuse. Being in favor of laws that force innocent people to go to jail seems rather offensive but I guess that's a whole different thread and I won't get off topic going into it now.

4. You then related your own personal stories of being the victim of abuse, which while being unfortunate, don't really have any relevance to this thread, or the specific subject we were debating (whether people wrongly go to jail on domestic calls) Domestic abuse is real, I never denied that it exists, I don't think anyone needed proof that it happens. So you can see my confusion in why those stories were relevant, unless you were trying to bring some emotional ammunition to the thread, and expect me to just say "oh your right, I'm sorry!" because you were a victim of domestic abuse.

Does that sound about right? This all stemmed from you saying that you don't get arrested on a domestic all unless you actually did something. After being called on that statement, you could have simply said "your right, I guess some people do wrongly get arrested on domestic calls" or you could have simply said nothing. Don't you think that would be reasonable? But instead you start attacking me, bringing age (really?) into the discussion, and just generally getting all emotional and worked up because of your own mistake.

tetra50

Wanna be a single parent, with the other parent harassing you daily and no help avaialable. The wekaer sex, a woman, with a man with a gun at your door screaming insults, while you baby cries in your apartment. Until you've been there, sorry, I dont' want to talk about this issue with you.....admittedly biased by what I've described.

And this is exactly what I'm referring to. WHAT does this have to do with the subject at hand? Why do you keep bringing up past hardships in your life? Are you trying to get sympathy? Your own personal experiences in this matter don't have any bearing on this thread.

So until I have had that very specific (but not terribly uncommon) set of hardships in my life, I can't disagree with you on anything? I'm not really understanding where you are going with this. It all just kind of seems like excited rambling, not actual discussion.

tetra50

So, you win. Happy now? I'm wrong, and so awful for it, as a person. Thanks, James. You take care of yourself, too. This attitude in life will get you very far, for you won't be hindered by actually caring, only by pointing out who is WRONG, SO WRONG, cause you know it all , dude, and I'll throw in a dude whenever I want, too.....what the f@ck was that comment anyway....LOLLOL

Uh....ok? More excited ramblings, I guess I know what to expect now. How more dramatic can you get? "I'm wrong, and so awful for it, as a person" Can you really not see how overly dramatic and juvenile you're acting? You're the one that made this much larger than it had to be, you could have simply accepted a correction and gone on, but instead you have turned it into some sort of personal issue.

tetra50

and I'll throw in a dude whenever I want, too.....what the f@ck was that comment anyway....LOLLOL

Are you really not capable of following along? I really shouldn't have to explain these things. I'll help you through it though.

1. My first reply to you featured the word "dude"

2. Your reply seemed to indicate you took offense to the word "dude" You referenced it in a reply to me, I guess because you thought it would be clever to say "gotcha! I'm a woman, so you're silly for saying dude!"

3. I replied to you and explained why I used the word "dude" which in case you missed it, was because usually if I hear/read something really ridiculous and out of touch with reality, my first thought is usually something along the lines of "dude....really?" Maybe it's just a word us youngsters use, I'm not sure. I know I've heard people much older than myself using it, so I don't think it's a generational thing.

Does that explain it for you?
edit on 10-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You are correct, of course. I apologize for everything. Thanks for teaching me something tonight I neede to learn, really.
Tetra

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

tetra50

You are correct, of course. I apologize for everything. Thanks for teaching me something tonight I neede to learn, really.
Tetra

What exactly was it that I taught you? I didn't know I was teaching lessons tonight, thanks for letting me know!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Morning TV news reporting ....

= No gun was found at the scene.
= No punches were thrown.
= The father in law wasn't 'beaten'.
= The exwife wasn't 'beaten'.
= The exwife has changed her story and recanted her claim.

So those who jumped on this story and started nailing Zimmerman, once again, jumped to conclusions. Ya'll should have learned the first time to wait until the facts came out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Morning TV news reporting ....

= No gun was found at the scene.
= No punches were thrown.
= The father in law wasn't 'beaten'.
= The exwife wasn't 'beaten'.
= The exwife has changed her story and recanted her claim.

So those who jumped on this story and started nailing Zimmerman, once again, jumped to conclusions. Ya'll should have learned the first time to wait until the facts came out.

Not surprising at all!

I bet there are a few zimmerman haters that are glad they held back from posting, otherwise they would have made jerks of themselves once again for pouncing before knowing all the facts.

All these people had it in their little heads that Zimmerman was going around beating up his wife and father-in-law while waving a gun around threatening to shoot people. They made all their clever witty remarks about how Zimmerman is such a bad guy doing all these bad things.

Turns out it was actually other people lying and exaggerating, trying to paint Zimmerman as an evil violent maniac once again. It's sad when you also realize that many people are going to maintain their initial incorrect view of this incident in order to bash Zimmerman in the future.

That's the problem with stuff like this, even once the truth gets out, it doesn't matter. It's painted in so many people's minds that Zimmerman was going around beating up his family and threatening them with guns, that even once it's proven that didn't happen, it will still be out there, believed by a certain number of people.

I wonder if the people who were jumping on the bash zimmerman bandwagon will admit they were duped, and allowed themselves to be duped? Probably not, they will just attack people to deflect from the issue.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Lets see how many of them come forward and admit that they were ... once again ... dead wrong. Admit that they were wrong and that they finally learned their lesson that they should WAIT FOR THE EVIDENCE.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
TMZ

AND .. here we have TMZ reporting that the exwife called the cops when she saw George with his new girl friend. Her voice says .. oh my god he's with a woman ..

Sour grapes soon to be ex wife who wants the money from his defense fund.

She should be charged with making false accusations and calling 911 when she shouldn't have.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Wow, the lefties and racists wanted this story about gun waving and wife beating to be true so badly... and yet it's more fabrication. The saddest part is major news medias already ran the story so the 47% of America will still think it actually happened. Kind of like how they believe the SNL quotes from Sarah Palin were real.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Like I said....

Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911

LAKE MARY, Fla - Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon.

"We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department. "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story."

Still, a gun was at the crux of the account Shellie Zimmerman provided to 911 dispatchers when calling for help.

Police: Zimmerman wife not pressing charges

A police spokesman said Zimmerman and his wife, who filed for divorce last week, were blaming each other for starting the fight at her father's home.

In an audio recording of Shellie Zimmerman's 911 call, she can be heard saying Zimmerman smashed an iPad she was holding and cut it with a pocket knife, struck her father in the nose and threatened both while putting a hand on a gun.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.

"Domestic violence can't be invoked because she has changed her story and says she didn't see a firearm," Bracknell said.

The dispute "was between him and his wife and her father,'' Morgan said. "There were some allegations that there had been an assault, but we could not confirm any of it.''

edit on 10-9-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I hope they charge her with making a false report.

She's worse than the idiots who call 911 because their McDonalds order was wrong. At least those people are telling the truth and not fabricating a story.

Like I said, once someone knows how to pull your strings they'll do it. She knew any talk of GZ and GUNS was going to draw a lot of negative attention for GZ, which is what she wanted because she is a jealous ex-wife.
edit on 10-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

seabag
I hope they charge her with making a false report.

She should be charged. Absolutely. And the fact that she made the fake 911 call after seeing George with his new girl friend and after she went on record demanding 1/2 of his defense fund money in a divorce settlement .... WOW ... just WOW ...

... Still waiting for the lynch mob from earlier in this thread to come forward and admit they, once again, got it wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Now i'm no shallow man but I can just imagine seeing Shellies oversized face in shock, when the man she wants to divorce now is *OOOOOOMMMMGGGG* with another women... What does she wants George to do weep, cry, scream, shout, be depressed... This is a blessing for George, she got him in trouble the first time in court messing around with money she was not suppose to... I am hard pressed to trust her now..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ABC Action News

Looks like the soon to be ex wife could be in a load of trouble for her fake 911 call ....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What his girlfriend said was despicable. "He feels more invincible". After taking an innocent life this is how you feel? No remorse? A monster in a human shell.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Oannes
What his girlfriend said was despicable. "He feels more invincible". After taking an innocent life this is how you feel? No remorse? A monster in a human shell.

When did his girlfriend get interviewed? Would you provide a link?

If you are quoting his soon to be ex wife and mistakenly saying it's his girlfriend, I would direct you to the fact that they are getting a divorce, it's very nasty, the soon-to-be exwife just sacked Georges house and she filed a false 911 call against the man making up charges and things that didn't happen. She is also trying to get her hands on the money in his defense fund, saying she is owed it because they were married.

So I wouldn't be taking anything the soon-to-be ex wife says as gospel truth.
She's coming across very bitter and totally unbelievable.
She'll probably have charges filed against her soon for calling in a false 911 ...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
so they are not even divorced yet and georgie has a new girlfriend? wow he moves fast!! if it is true that he didn't punch the father i would like to see proof, if not true i would like to see her charged for making false statements to 911. the gun thing will be hard to disprove since we all know how much georgie loves his guns i wouldn't doubt they did fear he had a gun.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
o'mara will not be representing zimmerman in any future litigations including possible charges in the domestic dispute. authorities are looking to charge someone either george or shellie. they are trying to piece together the broken ipad that george allegedly smashed when shellie was allegedly filming the fight between george and her dad. the plot thickens, when o'mara was asked if he had any advice for zimmerman, o'mara responded "yeah he should pay me". abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
They're both liars, they really should together.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So who are the other people in this video of him destroying the phone?

www.eurweb.com...

And he did have a gun in his truck. Omara even admitted that.
edit on 12-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.nola.com...

Evidence supported Shellie. The cops even seen the nose.

During a 911 call, she also told police that George Zimmerman was threatening her and her father with a gun. Later, however, she said she had not seen a gun. Police said they found no gun, but that Shellie Zimmerman's father "did have a swollen red mark on the bridge of his nose."

No evidence supported George.

In the report George Zimmerman told investigators that his wife had told him she was done picking up her belongings. He said he locked the front door and went to the garage to close it when Shellie Zimmerman's father confronted him, according to the report.

Shellie Zimmerman's father threw down his glasses and charged his son-in-law, according to George Zimmerman's account. Shellie Zimmerman at some point hit her husband with her iPad, George Zimmerman told investigators.

Police officers asked George Zimmerman to remove his shirt so they could see if there were marks on his back. "There were no signs of trauma, redness or marks of any kind in the area where he said he was struck," the report said.

As many as seven people were at the house -- friends of the Zimmermans -- and they all have been questioned by investigators, Hudson said. The friends said they didn't see what happened and footage from the house's surveillance cameras was inconclusive, Hudson added.

Even the video does not support George.

Video at link.
www.eurweb.com...

edit on 12-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join