It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti War Protests Now, Los Angeles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Help, please. I've been looking around and I haven't found a real news source claiming there are more than 200-300 demonstrators in any American city. Is this true? On a weekend? In LA or Chicago? Maybe Asner is right, nobody in the anti-war movement wants to criticize Obama.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Help, please. I've been looking around and I haven't found a real news source claiming there are more than 200-300 demonstrators in any American city. Is this true? On a weekend? In LA or Chicago? Maybe Asner is right, nobody in the anti-war movement wants to criticize Obama.

That's what it is IMO.

They are stuck trying to decide which double standards to endorse.

But deep inside, way deep inside, and silently and in private, the ultra Left is gleaming and 100% behind Obama.

They've dug in and won't show their cards.

Information overload.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I second charles1952's post... and I don't understand:
If the left-wingers are not protesting because of allegiance to Obama, where is the right-wing then?
Where are the conservatives? Where the libertarians?
You must be able to bring more than 300 people to the streets...
edit on 9-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Conservative groups usually don't protest on the streets.

But they're busy on the phones and emails to their U.S. Congress people in Watchington D.C.

They also know it wouldn't do much good.

The Left would attack and twist and spin the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Really? Wow... why not?
It wouldn't matter if the left tried to spin it (seen from over here)... the message would still be seen.
Good to know they are protesting in some way though. Thanks for your answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Look what happened last time. The TEA party, after like a year of being totally ignored by everyone but RT and a few local news channels, were being bashed as right wing racists. Then got assimilated into the big R borg not too long after. It was curtains for the real movement when Palin started showing up.
edit on Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:16:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: posting before coffee is bad mkay

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

autopat51
i wish we could see thousands turn out in every American city

I wonder if that would be a desired outcome from the top? Then they'd have an excuse to put DHS and their civil unrest training to use, prelude to martial law.

Probably not...maybe.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah well, sticks and stones... my entire people was once generalized as Nazis.

You can't just give up at the first sight of inflammatory rhetoric, especially when you're opposition.

reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

According to ATS, EVERYTHING is a secret plan by TPTB.

All that is certain is the fact that "the top" won't just get bored and leave.

To much paranoia has a paralyzing effect.
(Maybe that's the desired outcome from the top? Probably not...maybe. )
edit on 10-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah well, sticks and stones... my entire people was once generalized as Nazis...

...According to ATS, EVERYTHING is a secret plan by TPTB.

All that is certain is the fact that "the top" won't just get bored and leave.

To much paranoia has a paralyzing effect.
(Maybe that's the desired outcome from the top? Probably not...maybe. )
edit on 10-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

You mean you guys aren't Nazi's anymore...? I kid I kid! *puts on flamesuit* Seriously I jest. And I agree, at some point you lose the ability to take any action if you assume everything that is occurring is part of "the plan", whatever that might be.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's not really about the inflammatory rhetoric, it's about having our own movements hijacked by partisan morons, and easily being outnumbered and drowned out by partisan hacks. They have the numbers, they have the funding. All the protests we were going to was coming out of our own pockets, we were driving hours after busting our asses on construction sites, to be first marginalized and ignored. Then just drowned out by their sheer numbers. A bunch of idiots that didn't even understand what the protests were even about.
edit on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:51:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

whyamIhere
L.A. has a long history of standing up to Police.

They will not push too hard.

These protests need to remain peaceful.

We have the "Right to Peaceable Assemble".

We don't have the "Right" to riot.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

According to our founders, we have the right, and the duty, to throw off absolute despotism. What remains to be seen is what the common man will define as "absolute despotism" when he/she is in possession of the FACTS.

So far, the government itself is the best source of information on their fubar behavior.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Good point.

This I do understand, and I agree it is wiser to work a different political approach in order to change the numerical proportion first.

I do still think though that IF WW3 emanating from the United States should become imminent, each and every U.S. citizen opposing it should take to the streets.

As I said... and if it is only for the record / history.
edit on 12-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Fascinating, our Founders were very wise.

I believe we are in the process of ending at least some of this tyranny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join