It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 Year Old Veteran Murdered by Police for Refusing Medication

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by michael22

It stands to reason that cash-strapped towns and cities will begin to ask questions of their police chiefs if the 2-million-dollar settlement was really worth it to the taxpayers

I would expect that the town would simply raise property taxes to pay the settlement and never lower it again once it is paid since they would have gotten a $2M budget increase.

I was in Holland a very long time ago, and there were several heavily drugged-out gentlemen pursuing a full and frank exchange of ideas on the street in the afternoon. One cop lady who *might* have been 4' 11", by herself, walked up and calmly asked them what they were so upset at one another about, since it looked an awful lot like they had been punching one another, and that this couldn't possibly be the best way to resolve their differences.

They all suddenly became embarrassed, and realized they were causing a scene, and she mediated the problem, and they talked through their problems for a few minutes, and they all left calmly. True story.

That is ideal but, it sounds like all we need is petite ladies to step up and insist upon gentlemanly behavior whenever possible, why pay and arm them with taxpayer dollars?
edit on 9-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Remember when cops and priests were our friends......

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by michael22

Doh! Nice Avatar!

I thought that was you, my first rival...

edit on 10-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

suz62
The level of incompetence in this case is stunning. No critical thinking skills were used.

Who called the police in the first place? They should be fired.

The senior officer should have told the nursing home that police don't mediate med disputes. This was not a matter for the police.

A fine post of few words.
The question remains. Who did ring 911 and why ??

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

A fine post of few words.
The question remains. Who did ring 911 and why ??

Who indeed, there is plenty of blame to go around here. The family, the retirement home, the paramedics, etc.

In the end, no crude pun intended, responsibility for this crime lies at the feet of the police for their actions and us for allowing this to happen through our inactions.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Setting the standards for the NWO and how America can just forget about any sympathy from outside countries when our dollar fails. It is getting deep my friends.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

antar
Setting the standards for the NWO and how America can just forget about any sympathy from outside countries when our dollar fails. It is getting deep my friends.

Unfortunately, there is only fiat currency in the world and the dollar is still the de facto standard.

When the dollar inflates so does every other currency, it is just a question of the differential ratio between the inflated currencies.

Yes, we can expect no help from other countries during a period of hyper-inflation. The real shame is, other countries can no longer expect any help from us.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

It always takes my breath away when I hear that we are still giving to other countries, without asking us if that is what we want, I mean we the tax payers are footing the bill and we should have a say in the matter.

Charity begins at home as they say and before you cant make friends by buying them, it works the opposite as they see it as weakness.
edit on 18-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

antar

It always takes my breath away when I hear that we are still giving to other countries, without asking us if that is what we want, I mean we the tax payers are footing the bill and we should have a say in the matter.

Charity begins at home as they say and before you cant make friends by buying them, it works the opposite as they see it as weakness.
edit on 18-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

It is an interesting subject, I don't worry so much about foreign aid simply because it is so infinitesimally small compared to corporate and social welfare. It also gets the most light of day being the most transparent of the three in the public eye.

Not a non-topic but, not the battle I would choose at this stage of the game.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

His family attourney says he didnt have a knife, but the police did.

Isnt it nice when lawyers lie to defend the people paying them and in doing so cause confusion? All of your disgust is based off of testamony from someone who was not there and will directly profit from lying.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Wertdagf

His family attourney says he didnt have a knife, but the police did.

Isnt it nice when lawyers lie to defend the people paying them and in doing so cause confusion? All of your disgust is based off of testamony from someone who was not there and will directly profit from lying.

There is a thread talking about you over here...

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

Welcome!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join