It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 Year Old Veteran Murdered by Police for Refusing Medication

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I really don't understand this, it makes me want to puke.

95 Year Old Veteran Murdered by Police for Refusing Medication

Police decided instead to taser the war hero and follow it up with a beanbag to the guts. Officers reported that a knife had been pulled, but no knife was found on the scene. The police used a riot shield, shotgun and taser on a 95-year-old man in a walker who arguably presented no threat to anyone but himself.

I can't think of a single excuse for behavior like this. It isn't even worthy of the intimidation conspiracy concept since they probably weren't doing it for publicity.

It is just sadism, pure and unadulterated evil. I guess these are tears of rage.

edit on 7-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sickening to say the least, below is an article that provides a bit more information regarding the incident? death? killing?

State Police Probe Death Of Elderly Man Shot By Cops

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Just policy to deal with the "useless eaters" hanging around cluttering up the landscape. . . .

I wish that sentence could be total satire. But that IS the policy at the top vis a vis UN agenda 21 . . . and the attitude seems to be filtering down.

GRRRRR

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've about had all I can stand to take of this crap..... I tell you, I'm thinking real serious here about what it would require to start something like a P.A.C. or similar thing of my own to start pushing for some "common sense" solutions, since they LOVE using that phrase on us so much ....like POV Cameras required where tech makes it possible and it *IS* very technically feasible to build them INTO the Taser body so every time it's triggered, so is the small lense to record what was being shot and the outcome from the sight line of the taser gun.

I just wouldn't know quite where to start....but this was negligent homicide....for lack of any better term. Murder? How..I don't see the premeditation anywhere, even if that is the only thing missing.

The old guys pushing 100 though and it takes a squad of bully boys with shields, tasers and shotguns to put him down?!? In TWO distinctly separate engagements they left the room between?!

They just outright executed the man. This HAS to STOP. Enough with giving these criminals with badges all the tools to take life with NONE of the common sense or judgement to SAVE it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a 95-year-old man in a walker

That says it all. How can these men not hang their heads in shame

It seems the police can no longer handle anyone except by extreme force.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Your time grows shorter, lawman !

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A lot of modern day cops are just pigs.

No surprises here.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

like POV Cameras required where tech makes it possible and it *IS* very technically feasible to build them INTO the Taser body so every time it's triggered, so is the small lense to record what was being shot and the outcome from the sight line of the taser gun.

I like the idea. Maybe the new Google glasses can be a good thing if every law enforcement officer is forced to wear them during every arrest situation. They have cameras on their vehicles so why not make it mandatory for them to have cameras on their uniforms or heads and have them activated every time they are dispatched to a scene?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
im speechless, makes me literally sick to my stomach..i hope those bastard kill themselves.
do these kind of filth actually have families or were they produced in a lab..zero humanity or concience in the police these days, im fact they are outright murdering scum..biggest gang around..its pretty much over
gee i cant wait for the pig(thats what they are)defenders to tell us we dont know the whole story and that we are bad and the popo are there to help us
..piss off
edit on 7-9-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I propose cities start awarding medals for cowardice. These men can be the next recipients.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This makes me sick to my stomach!!

What is the message here, I wonder

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yep, any decent law abiding person would like to see those particular police officers put out of the police and charged with murder or manslaughter through aggravated assault, They are disgusting examples of corruption, We had something similar not far from me when a police officer tazered a blind man and claimed he thought his white cane was a samurai sword, this officer has also gotten off Scot free.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
This makes me sick to my stomach!!

What is the message here, I wonder

the message is "do what your told or die..any illusion that we are free and have a choice is long gone..im so angry right now but i have to calm down and go to work

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that this is how cops are trained these days, to dehumanize everyone who is not on the force. They are also trained to be not public servants and helpers but Enforcers and Authority. This is is how they are conditioned. That way they can respond in such extreme ways without any type of feeling, which is similar to the purposeful desensitization that many soldiers undergo. They don't see an old frail man in a walker, they see a "threat" whether true or perceived, and if they have to lie to justify their actions, they will easily do so.This, and the fact that many of them are ADDICTED to the adrenaline rush. They're addicts, and addicts act irrationally and they lie.

That (and that fact that many who join the force of sadistic bully-a-holes anyway) is the only way this type of behavior continues (only with them being largely above the law in many aspects, with little check on their authority).

I have no doubt that in training they undergo exercises where the "suspect" is a knife wielding elderly gentleman with a walker, a pregnant woman holding some "unidentifiable object," and other scenarios other than the mean looking guy with a gun in order to justify their assault.

They're purposefully dehumanizing citizens and categorizing them in an "enemy" class.

One day, these cops are going to get what's coming to them. People are getting fed up.

I know I am, and this case makes me sick.

Found this article too.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Yep, any decent law abiding person would like to see those particular police officers put out of the police and charged with murder or manslaughter through aggravated assault, They are disgusting examples of corruption, We had something similar not far from me when a police officer tazered a blind man and claimed he thought his white cane was a samurai sword, this officer has also gotten off Scot free.

it doesnt seem like corruption to the police depts..they feel its just business as usual..only time any of these scum are charged is when there is civillian oversight..which is rare

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
I've about had all I can stand to take of this crap..... I tell you, I'm thinking real serious here about what it would require to start something like a P.A.C. or similar thing of my own to start pushing for some "common sense" solutions, since they LOVE using that phrase on us so much ....like POV Cameras required where tech makes it possible and it *IS* very technically feasible to build them INTO the Taser body so every time it's triggered, so is the small lense to record what was being shot and the outcome from the sight line of the taser gun.

They just outright executed the man. This HAS to STOP. Enough with giving these criminals with badges all the tools to take life with NONE of the common sense or judgement to SAVE it.

good luck with that br'er wrabbit
you're going to need that P.A.C. for starters
because they are very well organized

Report: Israeli model underlies militarization of U.S. police

In an article which begins with examples of American police training alongside Israeli security forces, Blumenthal writes , “Having been schooled in Israeli tactics perfected during a 63 year experience of controlling, dispossessing, and occupying an indigenous population, local police forces have adapted them to monitor Muslim and immigrant neighborhoods in US cities. Meanwhile, former Israeli military officers have been hired to spearhead security operations at American airports and suburban shopping malls, leading to a wave of disturbing incidents of racial profiling, intimidation, and FBI interrogations of innocent, unsuspecting people. The New York Police Department’s disclosure that it deployed ‘counter-terror’ measures against Occupy protesters encamped in downtown Manhattan’s Zuccotti Park is just the latest example of the so-called War on Terror creeping into every day life. Revelations like these have raised serious questions about the extent to which Israeli-inspired tactics are being used to suppress the Occupy movement.”

According to Blumenthal, the transformation began after September 11, when American law enforcement officers began to look to the Israelis for counter-terrorism expertise and in response the Israel Lobby “provid[ed] thousands of top cops with all-expenses paid trips to Israel and stateside training sessions with Israeli military and intelligence officials.”

tons of links on this page
Police with Tasers Sanctioned Torture & Summary Execution In America

I posted an article (www.prisonplanet.com) dated June 23, 2005 which reported that 105 people were killed in North America within the first 3 months of 2005 by police using 'non-lethal' high voltage TASER guns. It was shocking enough to read that 70 people were killed in North America in 2004 from being tasered by police, but now that number has been exceeded by 25% and ii was only the first quarter of 2005.

The public needs to become aware of this new, lethal abuse from police personnel who are suppose to protect the public, not torture and summarily execute people because they don't "comply" quickly enough when ordered to do this or that. It was predictable that this abuse would ensue as more and more police departments in Britain and America started distributing this high tech torture device to the rank and file last year.

The use of TASER guns by police departments across America must come to an end

We cannot trust police personnel or their supervisors or their police chiefs to use these weapons judiciously, sparingly, and with reservation in order to subdue only those offenders who present a real threat of serious bodily injury (or death) and cannot be subdued by any other means, using more traditional and 'non-lethal' means of restraint-like a few cops jumping on the guy and physically overpowering him.

When you read the commentary from police spokesmen who attempt to minimize and dismiss this new threat when answering reporters questions, you can see from their words that they are impressed with and intoxicated by the newly realized power and intimidation factor gleaned from using Flash Gordon weaponry.

Police department apologists apparently aren't willing to own up to the fact that in the vast majority of these cases, harmless and relatively innocent people are being tasered and sometimes killed because they hadn't responded quickly enough to some 'compliance' order being barked at them by a policeman! Never mind that the person being tasered may not have understood, or heard, or even realized what was being said to him. Immediate 'compliance' is the order of the day today with Officer Rambo and too bad if you get killed for not obeying police 'orders' quickly enough!

includes Neutralizing a TASER Gun Assault

cops want to steal*COUGH* confiscate your iPhone after you've filmed them?
there's a solution now
Yellow Jacket: An iPhone Case With A Stun Gun For Self Defense (VIDEO)
there's also an iPhone case that "shoots" pepper spray

of course you're going to need additional tactical-wear if you choose to deploy
like a taser jacket main.stylelist.com...

the fundamental problem here is that when one is dealing police, one is dealing with, for the most part, with a dangerous, often juiced up, well organized predator cult
it will be like trying to get rid of "fight club" my friend .
[you should read the novel if you haven't already ]

so be careful wrabbit, if you pursue this path, don't skimp on bodyguards,
self defense tech [up to and including homemade drones]

edit on 7-9-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The man likely had some form of dementia or Alzheimer's. Why was the police called in the first place? Someone wasn't doing their job right and took the lazy way out. I think an internal investigation needs done by his supposed caretakers.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies Veteran Wrana,, survivor of countless battles in the Pacific Theater of WWII. Killed for refusing his medication in Jerkwater, USA.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Apparently, the retirement home called the paramedics, and the paramedics brought the cops. Source for quotations below.

The old man, described by a family member as "wobbly" on his feet, had refused medical attention. The paramedics were called. They brought in the Park Forest police.

The police statement leaves the impression that the staff was under threat, leaving police with no choice other than to shoot him.

Police said there had been threats made against the staff. But Grapsas said he was told that staff begged to be allowed to try to calm down the old man.

"If there were threats to the staff, why did the staff want to intervene and say, 'Let us handle this; we'll get him calmed down'?" he asked.

I'm for a second degree murder charge.

second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility.
Source

Sounds like it fits to me. Non-premeditated? ✔ Assault? ✔ Possibility an elderly gentleman could die? ✔ Tazers and bean bag shotguns to an elderly man with a walker in a chair. ✔

If a citizen can be charged with murder after a a cop crashes and dies during a pursuit, then these PiecesOS ought to be charged with second degree murder.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The police statement leaves the impression that the staff was under threat, leaving police with no choice other than to shoot him.

Is that admitting that once the police are on scene that they could not control the situation and therefore the staff is still under threat? Sure sounds like it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join