It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

All I can do is shake my head and wonder why. Why did they build this where they did. Why did they not meet or exceed the most stringent building and design guidelines known on the planet. Why did they not have 3 or more backup plans knowing it was sitting on the ring of fire. Why can't they fix it without poisoning massive amounts of life. We are the guinea pig generation. We will know truly how much this stuff can impact earth in another 20-30 years. Not what I foresaw for my kids' world.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Because they are uncaring greedy little bastards, that is why.

There is even now, zero remorse, it is all about not being or limiting the ability to be sued.

They do not give a horses bum.

P

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Different user name, same ole long time poster trying to evade a ban I suspect.

Time will soon tell.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Dianec

All I can do is shake my head and wonder why. Why did they build this where they did. Why did they not meet or exceed the most stringent building and design guidelines known on the planet. Why did they not have 3 or more backup plans knowing it was sitting on the ring of fire. Why can't they fix it without poisoning massive amounts of life. We are the guinea pig generation. We will know truly how much this stuff can impact earth in another 20-30 years. Not what I foresaw for my kids' world.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Because they are uncaring greedy little bastards, that is why.

There is even now, zero remorse, it is all about not being or limiting the ability to be sued.

They do not give a horses bum.

P

Did you know that TEPCO only had to pay compensation of only about $2500 US dollars to everyone affected. Funny thing is, I haven't heard about a lawsuit for damages yet and it's been 3 years now. Anyway someone is still paying about a grand a month for the people's living conditions and that's about it. The private sector is providing exams for children under age 18 for abnormalities. I'll post something later about it. Recent news, but sad. It just says "abnormal" in the test. Can you imagine the parents thoughts and they can't sue TEPCO.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Huge Spike in Rads - Numerous Graphs

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Then sudden drop back down...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Purplechive

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Perhaps someone turned the wrong valve or perhaps a test to see if anyone notices. They can't keep storing the water for ever and now they can't even clean it!

Something has to give, it seems like they have a lot of fingers plugging holes in the dyke.

My guess is the next typhoon or moderate EQ or some other act by mother nature will see the wholesale release of stored water straight into the Pacific. Of course, they could have few small explosions and blame it on Kim's terror cell.

Something has to give!

P

edit on 7/4/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

pheonix358

Purplechive

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Perhaps someone turned the wrong valve or perhaps a test to see if anyone notices. They can't keep storing the water for ever and now they can't even clean it!

Something has to give, it seems like they have a lot of fingers plugging holes in the dyke.

My guess is the next typhoon or moderate EQ or some other act by mother nature will see the wholesale release of stored water straight into the Pacific. Of course, they could have few small explosions and blame it on Kim's terror cell.

Something has to give!

P

edit on 7/4/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

My wife's friends husband retired from there. He told us, its basically a hopeless situation. By the way our electricity rates jumped up a whopping 17% in the last 3 years so I guess everyone is really paying up the nose for the cleanup that actually may take the next 50 or more so years. To really get the truth, one must read the underground papers, but... how reliable it is, I don't know. As you know another quake hit the area last week, a 4. quake with up to 40cm tsunami. Oh, one other thing, I think eventually they'll be bringing in foreigners to do the clean up jobs, there just isn't enough people to do the work. Rumors abound about the yakuza skimming the workers pay, housing, improper protection, like a painters dust mask to protect yourself. Oh, well, as my intro to ATS says, life in Japan is really starting suck big time.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by musicismagic

Hi, and welcome -
Is good to know at least there's underground newspapers talking about Fukushima - would you care to share anything they have to say?

It has become all but impossible to get anything from there since the heavy hand of the government made new laws to put people who question in their place.

What did your friend's husband do at Fukushima before he retired? I'm not surprised they're running out of workers, but honestly I have no idea what all these poor people (literally and figuratively) are doing as jobs there in the first place... I have suspected for a while it's for show and had heard about Yakuza in every aspect of the labor. Such a shame but not unexpected - corruption is deep everywhere, only difference is some governments hide it better than others. :-)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yes, I see no other option for these clowns than to dump it in the ocean which is where I believe it's been headed all along... Why don't they dig a huge pit for the water? Why don't they build/bring in bigger, better water containers? They had 'years' to get whatever they need built properly but I suspect they've been working towards the ocean from the beginning, is the cheapest and who cares, it's just a bit more than they're already putting in....

There was a news show last night about how Fukushima is doing now - had film footage of thousands of bags of radioactive dirt sitting all around houses and schools.... Families separated into different housing hours apart from each other. Guess when it's bagged it's safe... could bury that in a huge hole too but I'm sure they would already have done that - if - they were all about safety and people :-)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Wishes, a source for news, industry produced so maybe just what they want you to know but, if you have a look you'll find volumes.

On dump schedule: EIM news Ground water pumped out, (not contaminated !)

EIM
EIM
EIM CBS 60min story with video 14 min

FUKUSHIMA – The government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. plan to start diverting the uncontaminated groundwater flowing into the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant to the ocean as early as next month, officials said Friday. The plan to pump up groundwater before it mingles with radiation-tainted water from the plant’s damaged reactor buildings and release it into the sea was approved by local fishermen last month. “The groundwater to be released at the very beginning will be analyzed thoroughly, for as long as about a month,” said Toshihide Kasutani, a senior official at the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy. After explaining the diversion plan to the concerned municipalities, the government and Tepco will pump up groundwater for a month of radiation checks, the officials said. Kasutani made the comments after attending a meeting of the Fukushima Prefectural Federation of Fisheries Cooperative Association held in Iwaki. At the meeting, government and TEPCO officials gave a detailed explanation of measures to be taken to dispel fishermen’s concerns about radioactive contamination from the groundwater release. The measures include radiation checks by a third-party inspector, inspection of the release by government officials and paying for damages from any unfounded rumors.

edit on 7-4-2014 by donlashway because: ,,,

edit on 7-4-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by wishes

Wishes, a source for news, industry produced so maybe just what they want you to know but, if you have a look you'll find volumes.

On dump schedule: EIM news Ground water pumped out, (not contaminated !)

EIM
EIM
EIM CBS 60min story with video 14 min

FUKUSHIMA – The government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. plan to start diverting the uncontaminated groundwater flowing into the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant to the ocean as early as next month, officials said Friday. The plan to pump up groundwater before it mingles with radiation-tainted water from the plant’s damaged reactor buildings and release it into the sea was approved by local fishermen last month. “The groundwater to be released at the very beginning will be analyzed thoroughly, for as long as about a month,” said Toshihide Kasutani, a senior official at the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy. After explaining the diversion plan to the concerned municipalities, the government and Tepco will pump up groundwater for a month of radiation checks, the officials said. Kasutani made the comments after attending a meeting of the Fukushima Prefectural Federation of Fisheries Cooperative Association held in Iwaki. At the meeting, government and TEPCO officials gave a detailed explanation of measures to be taken to dispel fishermen’s concerns about radioactive contamination from the groundwater release. The measures include radiation checks by a third-party inspector, inspection of the release by government officials and paying for damages from any unfounded rumors.

edit on 7-4-2014 by donlashway because: ,,,

Yes, generally I take all government or industry news with a grain of salt... but thanks for the link. I was reading what you posted here and can't make sense of it - they are going to pump up the good water before it gets tainted and run it into the ocean?!? And they're going to analyze the 'untainted' water for a month...? And someone is paying for damages from any unfounded rumors...?

1. If they're diverting ground water before it reaches Fukushima, why would it be tainted in the first place?
2. If they're diverting the ground water before it's tainted, why wouldn't they divert it to continue further below so all the life that water supports can continue?
3. Unfounded rumors.... like someone actually getting caught sneaking out truths???

*groan*

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

wishes

Hi, and welcome -
Is good to know at least there's underground newspapers talking about Fukushima - would you care to share anything they have to say?

It has become all but impossible to get anything from there since the heavy hand of the government made new laws to put people who question in their place.

What did your friend's husband do at Fukushima before he retired? I'm not surprised they're running out of workers, but honestly I have no idea what all these poor people (literally and figuratively) are doing as jobs there in the first place... I have suspected for a while it's for show and had heard about Yakuza in every aspect of the labor. Such a shame but not unexpected - corruption is deep everywhere, only difference is some governments hide it better than others. :-)

Hi wishes, and thanks for the welcome. I'll post stuff that either can be found on the net or what's being talked about on the streets. Our friend retired from there before the accident, is well informed on the difficulties that are being tackled there. I know he was at the controls, so his job was quite important and he was some kind of scientist. He is quite right about the 50 year clean up thing though. Don't know what happened to the French decontamination machinery that was brought in. Do you know anything?
Tea leaves are very delicate and the farmers were complaining about 2 years ago. News has been silent so I have no news on that, but I'd be leary about drinking low quality green at the sushi houses in the States.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Not need to worry tea especially,the whole food chain is contaminated.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I read today That they are now going to be cleaning and dumping water straight into the ocean since ALPS won't be restarting anytime soon. Don't have much time to look up right now but I know I saw that this morning.

Great news if true for the pacific

edit on 04pm44000000041188 by magnum1188 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by magnum1188

ALPS was pretty much doomed from the start due to a design flaw that failed to account for particulate matter along with other flaws.

Said it once and I will say it again:

They are going to dump the water straight into the Pacific....its a logistical nightmare that has no other possible outcome at this point. To be honest, I surprised they haven't already.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

magnum1188
I read today That they are now going to be cleaning and dumping water straight into the ocean since ALPS won't be restarting anytime soon. Don't have much time to look up right now but I know I saw that this morning.

Great news if true for the pacific

edit on 04pm44000000041188 by magnum1188 because: (no reason given)

I believe what you heard or read is true. The news is about 5 days old on that, I'll try to find something out, but I think it had something to do with the fisherman allowing them to fish, at least that is what I recall. Sick stuff I thought at the time.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

RickinVa

ALPS was pretty much doomed from the start due to a design flaw that failed to account for particulate matter along with other flaws.

They are going to dump the water straight into the Pacific....its a logistical nightmare that has no other possible outcome at this point. To be honest, I surprised they haven't already.

Basically ALPS was their only shot they put forth to have any chance at decon before dumping it in the Pacific?

Haven't said it myself but im sure it has been said already. There is no chance at decontamination it needs to be entombed before its too late.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

RickinVa

Since in happened in March, the area was in snow, nobody was at the time questioning where the runoff was going: In the freaking ocean all that time. That is why they banned fishing in the area, also the fallout too.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Bringing the Focus Back on Life - from Fairewinds (video/transcript)

fairewinds.org...

The situation at Fukushima Dai-ichi continues to be dire. Every so often, we hear the news of “yet the highest level of radioactivity detected in the monitoring well,” or “there was another breach in the tanks that are holding contaminated water.” But an average person in Japan seems to be paying less and less attention to the news. People do get used to things, even when they are extremely abnormal...

During my month-long stay in Japan in December and January, I, too, experienced unusual symptoms. I developed a skin rash that doesn’t heal. When I was in Fukushima I developed a scratchy throat and pain in my eyes.

Something is happening, and yet we cannot prove anything.

The IAEA and Fukushima Medical University are working together to collect and collate the health data of Fukushima residents. Many residents fear that this effort is just a show, or worse yet, just for the sake of collecting secret data. Many people fear that “the experts” already have a forgone conclusion: The conclusion that if people get ill, it is not because of the Fukushima Dai-ichi disaster.

As of December last year, of the 254, 280 young Fukushima people who were 18 years old or younger at the time of the power plant catastrophe, 74 were found to either have thyroid cancer or are suspected of having thyroid cancer. Thirty-three of these children have already needed and gone through surgery. There are different statistics for the rate of thyroid cancer among children prior to the Fukushima Dai-ichi; some say 1~2 in 1 million, others say 17 in 1 million. Compared to either of them, the current number in Fukushima is staggering.

Disturbingly, the Japanese and the international radiation experts continue to maintain that these thyroid cancers are NOT related to the Fukushima Dai-ichi disaster.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Extremely toxic water 4,000,000 times gov’t limit in trenches between Fukushima reactors and ocean — Experts: “Source of contamination for Pacific” — “Levels too high for them to get more precise look at situation”

enenews.com... get-precise-look-at-situation-reporter-plutonium-leaked-ou

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Only 2 things come out of Fukushima....... bad news and worse news.

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join