It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silverlok
a reply to: Alekto

You should check the definition of hyperbole and fact the next time you buy food that clicks...tough guy

Your mental stability concerns me. Why would I purchase foodstuffs that emit any type of audible clicking? Oh, and I'm vegan so I guess crickets are off the menu too.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silverlok
a reply to: Alekto
what was the experiment?

The accident occurred during an experiment scheduled to test a potential safety emergency core cooling feature, which took place during a normal shutdown procedure.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Again...Old Pics and Info Posted on English Photo Site

From October, 2011. Does someone want us to remember stuff?

photo.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
20-km From Fuku...Olympic Training Camp

Facility on edge of 20-km nuclear exclusion zone to become Olympic training center
May 13, 2014

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
The government intends to turn a national soccer training center located just 20 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant into a practice facility for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, sports minister Hakubun Shimomura said May 12.

The center, named “J-Village,” spans the municipalities of Hirono and Naraha in Fukushima Prefecture and is currently used by Tokyo Electric Power Co. as a base to deal with the nuclear accident triggered by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster.

“We must improve the circumstances (in the area) so that soccer players not only from Japan but also from abroad can hold training camps there in advance (of the Games),” the sports minister said in a news conference after inspecting the damaged nuclear power plant. “The government must positively back up measures for decommissioning reactors and coping with radioactive water without leaving the job entirely up to TEPCO.”

TEPCO said in January that it plans to return the J-Village training center around 2018 to the operator of the facility, which was jointly established by the Japan Football Association, the Fukushima prefectural government, TEPCO and other organizations.

“The 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games is a good target,” TEPCO President Naomi Hirose said at that time.

The government plans to have the Olympic training facility up and running by 2019.

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN

ajw.asahi.com...

Whew...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Purplechive

The level of insanity on the part of TPTB on this planet and the degree of dumbed down 99% of the masses that are on this planet continues to astound me... You'd think I'd be used to it after 40 years but at times I just can't wrap my head around how TPTB gets cheered no matter what they do... and the masses go along with it no matter what the risk. Sure, a few people protest, but they are a drop in the bucket - most people don't/won't/can't care.

Yeah, let's build a soccer event 20 miles from Fuku so it will APPEAR to everyone that there is NO problem here - is all under control. Maybe they'll have some little fish ponds for kids to catch fish from too... Maybe some daycare for the soccer fans who can run and play in their own outside fields....

Deny, deny, deny is the mantra for them. Confess only to what you get caught at lying. Make sure no one sees or knows anything from the media. Don't talk about all the expendables dying from 'poor health' or the mafia ensuring everyone's lives are miserable. Yeah, such an honorable culture.... at least that's what they'd have us believe. The reality is their governments are just as corrupt as everywhere else. They have no honor - they lie, cheat, steal and kill people and wildlife for greed.

I wouldn't go NEAR Futukshima for anything, is bad enough living in its wind and current trajectory a few thousand miles away. Most people here in Canada have no clue about it either, they all assume its been taken care of... only a few along the coast are watching the readings. Yeah, excellent job on putting people to sleep and brainwashing the rest into believe nuke power is a good thing, lolol..... TPTB must have such great laughs about us sheople and how easy it is to get us to do whatever they want.

edit on 13-5-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Unit 3 Leak: Pics and Video

photo.tepco.co.jp...

Source of water leakage spotted at Fukushima plant

The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has pinpointed the location of a leak where radioactive water is escaping a containment vessel at one of the facility's damaged reactors.

Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, says a remote-controlled camera in a room just outside the containment vessel recorded water leaking from a joint where a pipe is connected to the vessel.

TEPCO says the water flow is about the width of two to four pencils and is continuous. After reaching the floor, the water is flowing away from the containment vessel and spreading across the floor.

The utility believes that what is being released is water injected into the vessel to cool melted nuclear fuel inside.
Based on the findings, TEPCO plans to study ways to stop the leak.

This is the first time for TEPCO to pinpoint the exact location of a leak from one of the reactors that suffered meltdowns following the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

Identifying the specific locations of the water leakage is important for TEPCO's plan to remove melted nuclear fuel after plugging the leaks and filling the vessels with water.

The utility is also planning to conduct robotic surveys of the two other reactors. One will focus on the bottom section of the containment vessel of the No.1 reactor, where water flow was earlier detected. Another survey will cover a unit called a suppression chamber situated below the containment vessel of the No.2 reactor.
May 16, 2014 - Updated 01:04 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 16-5-2014 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Purplechive

Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous to be taking sooooo long to pinpoint a leak and then 'ponder' what to do about it.... They used duct tape on the barrels, how about some gum this time... No wonder they don't want ANYONE watching - is The Three Stooges and Godfather show.

Is really unfortunate there's not a coup. In Canada there are lots of disgruntled people, but our population is small and so spread out 'amassing' isn't remotely practical. Vancouver has done it a few times with some serious repercussions but no one in Ottawa seems to rally. Apparently Japan's population is 336 people per square kilometer, rather dense compared to Canada's less than 4. If even 10% of the Japan population rallied and did something to protest the insanity maybe it would actually make a difference. As it is Tepco and the Government and Yakuzi run the whole show their way on their terms and it is woefully inadequate on every front.

Meanwhile... people are dying from 'poor health', hundreds of thousands are displaced, leaks abound, everything is still precarious, media and questioning the government not allowed and... no end in sight... Yes, nuclear is such a wonderful, clean energy (sarcasm). The industry creates the demand then supplies the solution - people should just voluntarily cut back on the power they use instead of buying into it hook, line and sinker. More music, more tv, more appliances, more lights - yes way more lights - it all just feeds them.

People need to be informed - cutting off media and controlling education guarantees they will never be a 'threat'.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As you know I live here and there are weekly protest in Tokyo, but gets little coverage these days. It's sad that this contamination is a 24hr 7days a week thing. There are many problems going on at the plant, but even though I posted this somewhere at one time, I'll say it again, there is not enough manpower to do the cleanup. They recently upped the pay to ¥20000 a day, that is about $200, good money actually for the homeless, mentally ill, diseased yakuza men, and the unemployed. The problem, well 2 anyway , one the yakuza skims the paychecks since most contractors have the connections and 2, this is something they may not have thought about when they upped the pay from $100 a day to $200 a day, you pay these people that type of money, at a months pay, well for many, they've haven't seen such money and will get paid after maybe 1 or 3 or so months and disappear/quit. Labor shortage. I mentioned that next is the import of foreign derelicts from other countries to do the work. Am I joking, not hardly. Although not derelicts, but if you live in Hong Kong your maids are going to be Philippino, again, import labor where the nationals don't want to do such work.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
It is a tragedy beyond words...
From your perspective - if there were 'enough' people, do you think it would actually make a difference?
Considering the operations are entirely run by mafia I hold no hope of any 'real' resolve. People who could make a difference aren't allowed to make a difference. It is the same anywhere there is corruption (which is pretty much everywhere) - they never look at the future, only the greed of the moment at anyone's expense - especially those less fortunate.
Enjoy the moments - it's all we really have...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

edit on 16/5/2014 by thorfourwinds because: sig

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wishes
a reply to: musicismagic
It is a tragedy beyond words...
From your perspective - if there were 'enough' people, do you think it would actually make a difference?
Considering the operations are entirely run by mafia I hold no hope of any 'real' resolve. People who could make a difference aren't allowed to make a difference. It is the same anywhere there is corruption (which is pretty much everywhere) - they never look at the future, only the greed of the moment at anyone's expense - especially those less fortunate.
Enjoy the moments - it's all we really have...

It's well hidden, but now you know why the international community is not voicing outrage. Want a live. Also no or little foreign help now wants to "continue" with assistance.
Do you know that when donations were being taken from around the world, well, here you could see the big clear 50 gallon barrels in the malls and department stores being filled, there are still between 100,000 to 200,000 people in temporary shelters or living with family members, ever wonder where all them donations went to. I seen the grass roots donations, by this I mean, business owners taking their restaurants on wheels and helping out in the beginning, these people for the most part took their own money and did the help, yes, people did donate to these people also. I tell you all them churches in the States that took in donations, that is just the States, you have Canada and European countries also. Money, money, what the heck happened to it.
www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds

hey that is cool

how do i get a link to that

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Greetings:

Thank you for the kind words.

We are still laughing at the firehouse about that vending machine and the perps that would frequent it.

What a great place for a camera trap.

FukuGate: We've been conned
edit on 16/5/2014 by thorfourwinds because: sp

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds
Greetings:

Thank you for the kind words.

We are still laughing at the firehouse about that vending machine and the perps that would frequent it.

What a great place for a camera trap.

FukuGate: We've been conned

Thanks for the info.

I mentioned in one of my post that my wife's friend worked and retired there in Fukushima. His words was this: it's mostly a lost cause, a 50 year or more cleanup, he also added, its the cleanup that they are cleaning up that will be needed to be cleaned up.
don't know if you saw it, but at first they were digging deep holes in the ground and lining them with plastic and dumping the toxic waste water in them. The guys doing the work, rubber boots, painters dusk mask and some kind of gloves. Wonder if any of them knew about the radiation badges that dental people have to wear in taking xrays. I read many were not given them.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Frozen Wall...

Imagine the amount of duct tape to keep this thing working...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

ajw.asahi.com...

Howdy TFW!!

- Purple Chive
edit on 17-5-2014 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
By the way, for those of you who subscribe to HBO, this upcoming episode of VICE does a piece on Fukushima...

If it is like the other episodes I have seen, this could be a very interesting show to watch for sure.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
PSA

Some of the comments are drifting back into the personal sniping arena.

Please keep your comments aimed at the topic and Not each other.

TIA

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A Question:
If after all this time, 3 + yrs,, the effects of Nuclear Contamination is Negligable
as most have suggested, on the expert side ,
Then why worry about nuclear war?, the deterent was radiation fallout,,is bad.
Apparently not so, according too the evidence of the Fukushima situation.
1095 days of 300 Tons per day, thats ~328,000 tons of radioactive material. With ZERO effect.???

So is the effect of radiation fallout,, a lie?,,so that nuclear war was unthinkable?

maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join