It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Alekto

pheonix358

Building Reactors on Fault lines is an EPIC FAIL, it is just so stupid.
P

The whole of Japan is situated on a fault line. Where would you have them build one?

THEN DON'T BUILD THEM!

Mankind was not ready for Nuclear Energy, we did not, and still do not have enough knowledge of how to do this safely.

We still, after half a century, have no idea how to handle the waste material.

P

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

pheonix358

So it is OK to have reactor buildings blowing up, once in a lifetime.

The reactor didn't 'blow up'. Hope that helps you :-)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

pheonix358

THEN DON'T BUILD THEM!

How would you have them power essential services like schools, hospitals, governmental buildings etc?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

wishes
As for being offended by the term "Jap" - it's an abbreviation. Being called/referred to as "nips" would be considered a racial slur and inappropriate. Is like calling Californians "Cali's" or any other abbreviation. Get over it.

'Jap' is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries. When you meet Japanese people in your own neighborhood, would you refer to them as a 'Jap'? I bet you wouldn't.

You know it's a slur. I don't know why you just can't admit that some people do consider it racist, make an apology and move forward.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Alekto

pheonix358

THEN DON'T BUILD THEM!

How would you have them power essential services like schools, hospitals, governmental buildings etc?

Well, lets see. They are powering all that and more right now, with no reactors, see, it can be done!

P

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Alekto

pheonix358

When the roof blows off and some of the walls go, I tend to call that blowing up.

P

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Alekto

wishes
As for being offended by the term "Jap" - it's an abbreviation. Being called/referred to as "nips" would be considered a racial slur and inappropriate. Is like calling Californians "Cali's" or any other abbreviation. Get over it.

'Jap' is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries. When you meet Japanese people in your own neighborhood, would you refer to them as a 'Jap'? I bet you wouldn't.

You know it's a slur. I don't know why you just can't admit that some people do consider it racist, make an apology and move forward.

I don't agree, and I never said it in the first place - I have no need to admit anything or make any apology. I get offended when people are narrow minded and make excuses for major wrong-doings, so what? I get offended about the Japanese invasion of Nanking and every other inhumane act towards humanity throughout history, so what? Perhaps you could start a thread in a proper forum to discuss/complain about this instead of here. This thread is about Fukushima and all its ills. Move forward. :-)
edit on 18-3-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

pheonix358

Alekto

pheonix358

When the roof blows off and some of the walls go, I tend to call that blowing up.

P

A buildup of hydrogen gas caused the upper building to explode, but the reactor itself did not and survived the tsunami, turned itself off, and sat safely for several hours.

The reactor did not explode.

Hope that helps :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

wishes

I get offended about the Japanese invasion of Nanking and every other inhumane act towards humanity throughout history, so what? Perhaps you could start a thread in a proper forum to discuss/complain about this instead of here. This thread is about Fukushima and all its ills. Move forward. :-)
edit on 18-3-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

Oh. Seems I hit a raw nerve. Any particular reason why you feel offended by something that happened in China nearly 80 years ago?

It's not as if America has anything approaching a spotless track record when it comes to it's international affairs. Yet, I did not bring this to the discussion. You did :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Alekto

pheonix358

Alekto

pheonix358

P

A buildup of hydrogen gas caused the upper building to explode, but the reactor itself did not and survived the tsunami, turned itself off, and sat safely for several hours.

The reactor did not explode.

Hope that helps :-)

You mean like tepco said it happened? Man sadly you dont seem to grasp the whole ordeal. And, by now the SFPs are as large a problem as the molten reactors themselves.
edit on 2014u52201403am18 by Yusomad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

The building exploded! It exploded after an Earthquake.

I do not care if it was the Earthquake, the tsunami caused by the Earthquake, Hydrogen or Farts.

There was an Earthquake and as a result, due to poor design, the building blew up!

Your arguments are just trying to obscure the fact that multiple design flaws, including where it was built have all contributed to the ongoing crisis.

It was poorly designed because it blew its top.

P

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The reactor did not explode. Cheers :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

pheonix358

Alekto

pheonix358

THEN DON'T BUILD THEM!

Well, lets see. They are powering all that and more right now, with no reactors, see, it can be done!

P

Thanks to the reactor shutdowns, Japan is now the second largest net importer of fossil fuels in the world, just behind China which has an absolutely appalling environmental record.

Fossil fuels kick out lethal amounts of carbon dioxide, sodium dioxide, nitrogen oxide and dust from burning fuel into the atmosphere. You think this is a better solution?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Alekto
The reactor did not explode. Cheers :-)

Im glad you were there to proof us that it never exploded. Now for the proof?
I mean, we all saw explosions and what happened that day, and I cant recall which one, but it had something going up in the blast wave, going upwards, as you can see watching the vids from the day.
So, the reactor did explode, cheers.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There was an explosion at the Fukushima power plant. But not at the Fukushima power plant's reactor.

There's a rather large difference.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Alekto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Alekto

pheonix358

Alekto

pheonix358

THEN DON'T BUILD THEM!

P

Thanks to the reactor shutdowns, Japan is now the second largest net importer of fossil fuels in the world, just behind China which has an absolutely appalling environmental record.

Fossil fuels kick out lethal amounts of carbon dioxide, sodium dioxide, nitrogen oxide and dust from burning fuel into the atmosphere. You think this is a better solution?

Well, it would not be irradiating the rest of the world, so, yes, it would have been much better. The Pacific Ocean would not have radiation flowing into it like a river.

The rest of the world, the whales, the sharks, the fish all think that would be better.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENDANGER THE WHOLE WORLD FOR GREED.

P

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Alekto
There was an explosion at the Fukushima power plant. But not at the Fukushima power plant's reactor.

There's a rather large difference.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Alekto because: (no reason given)

Not really.

This started when you claimed Japanese infrastructure was so good. Fast death / slow death it is still death that they have released to the world. By the way, where are the contents of those reactors because I for one believe that some of it has left the building via the broken reactor that did not explode. OK, it cracked, and all the kings horses and all the kings men could not put the reactor together again.

P

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

pheonix358
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENDANGER THE WHOLE WORLD FOR GREED.

The US does it every day. Hope I've been of assistance :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

pheonix358

This started when you claimed Japanese infrastructure was so good.

It's considerably better than any other country regarding earthquake preparedness.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

I would bet its better than all the radioactive material that is being poured into the atmosphere and ocean over the last 3 years!. I would prefer the coal pollution over radioactive pollution.
and that is not even mentioning all the nuclear waste that are sitting in corroded barrels that will remain radioactive for hundreds of thousands of years that they can not even dispose of properly. Coal,Gas and other fossil fuels are by no means the solution to our power providing needs but it is the lesser of the two evils.

I think its a no brainer and feel nuclear fuel is only used because of profit/business reasons more so than actual power need reasons, thats just my opinion tho!

PS. I love your country and culture. I would really like to visit there someday! If I were Japanese I would be very proud of it by how you take pride in what you do, I am a big Japanese car fan too!!
hence my name hehe

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join