It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
that picture of the child tears my heart out....
these wonderful, beautiful children deserve a life free of pain and fear..
it is our duty..no..our privilege to make their lives happy and free from fear.
we have failed miserably in so many ways..i am so sorry.
to all the children suffering in the world..i am so very sorry.
we are so ignorant, greedy and filled with self importance..

my rant is over..that picture pulled some very deep chords within me.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

My question to you is :

If you are so passionate about (in)justice, freedom (suppression ) and ( complete lack of ) equanimity what are you going to do about it?

Remember the type of people that think they can get away with this type of thing are the same type that use 'divide and conquer' as a social media management structure...the same as the nazi's ...when they came for the scientists I wasn't a scientist ..so why should I care?

(on edit )

try to grasp that fukushima has only begun it's killing spree..it and the people profiting from it have become the biggest mass murderers in history ( how are you feeling about that hillary ..if you can feel )
edit on 5-10-2013 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

i feel powerless but to watch..
i write e-mais and letters that seem to fall on deaf ears.
the burden rests on our shoulders and its weight is staggering..

sorry..im just having a meltdown moment

edit on 6-10-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Come and get it while supplies last. Disappearing in 3, 2, 1

Godzilla and Fukushima

Oh, and typhoons incoming

edit on 6-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by BobAthome

Running out of Arguments?

There are no Rods visible,
all Check Ups (Videos) showed the Rods in place and you should
do a Reality-check- there was no reason for the Rods to get expelled.

Greetings Human0815:

Ah, you again.

OK, let's take this one a small step at a time, so even you can follow along.

There are no Rods visible,
all Check Ups (Videos) showed the Rods in place and you should
do a Reality-check- there was no reason for the Rods to get expelled.

As you conveniently side-stepped Aircooled's presentation of many still-glowing fuel rods (TEPCO Candy Canes), the above statement should be another GOTCHA moment in your still questionable diatribe and obvious attempt at distortion of the truth.

Please give us your evidence that ANY of the rods in Reactor #3 are in place.

You may recall that #3 was the MOX-fueled reactor, and the explosion that occurred in #3 was likely a 'prompt criticality nuclear reaction’ from the 50′x50′x50′ fuel pool (located above the reactor itself) which was likely empty of cooling water leading to a detonation which shot pieces of MOX fuel rods up to 2 miles away from the building. That might qualify as being 'expelled.'

...there was no reason for the Rods to get expelled.

Too easy. Watch closely.

▶ Second Explosion in Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, Japan-March 14-Global Catastrophe? - YouTube

▶ Fukushima Third Explosion Nuclear Power Plant Reactor 2 on March 14, 2011 - YouTube

Fukushima Japan Nuke Reactor #3 Explosion (Full view) - YouTube

▶ Fukushima Reactor Four Exploded

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

All Reports speak against your Opinion,
none of the Fuel Rods left their Place
i cant link to the Videos, u need to search it, DIY!

In your last Video (Fukushima Reactor .......) we do not see Fukushima Daiichi
but a Gasplant in Chiba, People who don't realize this after 1.000 Days are in a way
excluded of a further Discussion!

I don't know what we/i see in the Pics from AC
but i doubt that this are Fuel Rods or parts of it!

For a better Analysis i would need the original Pictures
and not th3 over-coloured Pics

edit on 7-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo, Purple Chive, Aircooled, and everyone, Heads Up: In just days from now, Tokyo Electric (TEPCO) says it will start the process of removing the spent and some never-used fuel rods from the spent reactor pool at Fukushima Daiichi Unit #4. That may be the biggest story of 2013, but hopefully not the biggest radiation release of 2013. We are in uncharted territory here, since no nuclear operator or nuclear engineering company has ever had to try to remove fuel rods from a spent fuel pool 100 feet above the ground, where the fuel rods have almost certainly been twisted by the separate but titanic forces of a 9.0 earthquake and the resulting tsunami. An August 2013 report from Reuters news agency quotes a number of nuclear industry experts plus independent sources, who all agree that nothing on this scale has ever been tried before: www.reuters.com...
Many people will depend on your expert analysis of the Unit #4 fuel rod unloading to give us global downwinders a 'Heads Up' on what's up with that process.
edit on 10/7/2013 by Uphill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Yup Uphill. They've already done a ton of "prep" work on Unit 4 fuel removal over the past month and half. The only explanation as to the erratic fluctuation in the Skimmer surge tank level. They've been rooting around in the SFP and removing miscellaneous debris...and of course not informing the public.

They really filled up the Skimmer tank lately --- running in the 60 and 50's mark whereas it usually resided in the 30 and 40's and there is no longer a daily enormous fluctuation in the tank level.

Anyhow....let's all hold our breath....and say a few mercies....and pray the extraction goes without any hitches.

Keep your Geiger counters at the ready to validate that nothing is hushed up.

Once again, tremendous gratitude to all you fabulous folks on this thread. Zworld...wherever you are, I hope it's a pleasant place and miss you.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 7-10-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Lets not forget that they have been cooling the pools with salt water for months now. That has to have corroded the zirconium cladding, that provides the main structural integrity of the fuel rods, to the point where it may not even be possible to lift even otherwise undamaged rods from the pool in one piece.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Fish Meal: "mackerels and sardines in Japan"

A lot of livestock and poultry feeds contain "fish meal". Ohweee...

"Hunger Games" anyone?

Well to put it into perspective our longevity and population are at a record high. A bunch of radioactive nucluides should help balance everything out. Haven't had a kick butt plague in a long time...

Anyhow...enough "happy thoughts" for today.

en.wikipedia.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

If anyone wants to join in, I have been contacting the major news folks asking for livestream of the removal...similar to the BP coverage...and reminding them to ask Tepco about the radiation seeing footage captured on Magna cameras that has never been released. Never hurts to ask...and ask....and ask....and....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
“Alarming” mass die-off of starfish in areas along Canada’s Pacific coast — “They’ve disintegrated, now there’s just goo left” — “Appeared to melt” — “Single arms clinging to rock faces, tube feet still moving” — Similar reports as far away as California
enenews.com... arms-just-detach-single-arms-clingi

“Now they are gone. They have disintegrated, and now there is just goo left,”
globalnews.ca...

"Second explosion was “more like a bomb” at Fukushima — Spent nuclear fuel flew 30 kilometers away, pellets collected by military — Very strange materials like europium were found — Should have evacuated out to 300 kilometers"
In some areas, we can find very strange material like europium and so on. Now Self Defense Forces is collecting all materials. Also spent fuel flew because of a second explosion; it’s more like a bomb, exploded and flew like 30 kilometers. So government, or Self Defense, is now collecting all spent fuel pellets.”
Note: 30 KM's
enenews.com... y-should-have-evacuated-300-kilometer-zone-150-years-t?fb_action_ids=10151942969399533&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_objec t_map=%7B%2210151942969399533%22%3A186809321505975%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151942969399533%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
From the comments.
"What about all the aerosolized/vaporous pluthermal(MOX, plutonium) fuel that has circled the northern hemisphere a few dozen times since?"

"" Very strange materials like europium were found "
must have been a bunch of it
Europium isotopes are good neutron absorbers and are used in nuclear reactor control rods.
www.chemicool.com...

And the vid. It seems they #3 but no date given. [Of course]
www.youtube.com...

I found this from Sept 27th.
"It has been suggested that a water vapor explosion was immediately accompanied by a nuclear explosion. The TEPCo have now officially called it “detonation”. The hot fuel rods caused a rapid expansion of the water added (water vapor explosion). This caused the collapse of the water shield between the fuel rods stored in the storing pool, and this may have caused a supercritical condition momentarily and, hence, led to a nuclear explosion. The nuclear explosion was not very extensive, but there is a sign that it may have occurred at the storing pool. If this is, indeed,the case, then not only fission products but also U-238. U-235, Pa-239, and neutrons would have been released. Pu-239 (and also other Pu isotopes) has been detected around the plant and up to several tens of kilometers away. These data suggest the release of fuel rod material itself in addition to fission products, and are consistent with the notion that a nuclear explosion, indeed, took place."
enenews.com... um-were-seen-in-u-s-at-several-epa-stations

From Sept 9th.
Guam EPA asks for help to test for radioactivity
www.guampdn.com...

Oops again!
enenews.com... ure-regulators-say-worker-pushed-stop-button

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
reply to post by Uphill

If anyone wants to join in, I have been contacting the major news folks asking for livestream of the removal...similar to the BP coverage...and reminding them to ask Tepco about the radiation seeing footage captured on Magna cameras that has never been released. Never hurts to ask...and ask....and ask....and....

Boy, you have guts. I'm not sure I want to see it, it is kind of like seeing an autopsy on your mom, can any good really come of it? Then again, talk about high stakes TV, has there ever been anything more stressful?

For perspective, for nearly 50 years scientists watched gleefully as they tested the power of the nuclear power generation waste products. Testing devices what would allow them to create things to kill millions at a time. They never got the chance to use the power plant waste to waste masses. Now, maybe those same scientist may get some joy after all, watching the livestream might just provide the mass killing moment they worked so hard to create with bombs. I expect a few will smile if the thing goes off, it is so hard to manufacture a product that never gets used...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Hi.

I did 7 years as a nuclear reactor mechanic; but I also qualified most other
specialties, such as radiological, electrical, electronic, water chemistry,
etc. I don't claim to be an expert by any means. It was in the military.

If there is a question someone has that I might be able to answer that
would provide some value, I'd be glad to take a shot at it.

now I'm not an environment expert, nor do I walk around with PHD's.
I'm basically a hands on maintenance and operations guy when it
comes to nuclear reactors.. and that's with boiling water nuclear
reactors.. not any of the liquid metal or more exotic types.

I also have not specifically followed the tragedy in Japan.... it's
not that I don't care.. I certainly do.. but given a finite lifespan
I have to pick my battles where I can do the most good.

KPB

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Gross.

But seriously, everything going on at that plant should be made available in livestream. One reason is they have asked for international help and someone somewhere following along could have an aha moment and offer new solutions.

Also, this needs to be a transparent process. It is going to be done using remote control (unit 4 removal) so they will have cameras (eyes on the target.) Why should Tepco be allowed to be the only one with oversight? Unless they want to keep all the radiation for themselves, which has been generously shared with the world, then the battle to regain any control needs to be shared.

This disaster has been hidden, to a large extent, by the lack of video and covering up of situational intelligence. How is anyone supposed to help if they don't know what is going on in there? The Magna camera evidence is critical and should be released. Operations at that plant need to be visible by everyone with a stake in the outcome....aka...the planet.

No more hiding. Personally I am seeing a shift in the hive activity. The threat is being recognized. Media are catching on to the story and figuring out how to explain it to the readers/viewers and this disaster is hopefully FINALLY coming into the light where if there is any chance to solve any part of Fukushima folks are informed enough to say what if we try a, b, c?

Give the blindfolds to the children. Grown ups everywhere should be able to look this beast in the eye.

Peace Cranky...hope all is well.

Roll that beautiful bean footage Tepco. The eyes of the world NEED to be upon you.

edit on 8-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: need more coffee

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Greetings and welcome
Thanks for offering assistance.

Here is a question I have had since page 513 or before in the original thread here

The source link to Mainichi Daily News, as with so many others, is now dead. Here is the question...

I also am still wondering if those control rods actually inserted when the earthquake hit like they were supposed to - I attribute the questions to the "unique wording" issues we have experienced and the need to read between the lines when they speak. In those early days..their words were a bit fuzzy on those control rod insertions. The sentence started with "Normally"...and then went on to explain how control rods insert if an earthquake hits. As, always, when they speak, it gets picked up everywhere and carried along in the winds like bad rads with that same wording. It's that "normally" word that bothers me. Since they insert from the bottom...it might explain some leaking and exploding if they didn't get in all the way or at all before the power cut.

Example: (originally external source)

Normally, should a powerful earthquake occur, a control rod will immediately be inserted into a nuclear reactor to control fission reactions and prevent the reactor from achieving criticality. Furthermore, the emergency core cooling system (ECCS) will fill the reactor with fresh water to cool down its core.

Following the recent earthquake, all 10 nuclear reactor units at both plants shut down automatically. However, some of them failed to secure sufficient power supply to sustain their ECCS functions after the tsunami damaged a pump and other equipment for two emergency power generators attached to each nuclear reactor.

I ask because this question would be relevant to other plants in earthquake prone areas. Peace and welcome aboard.

edit on 8-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
KellyPrettybear

If there is a question someone has that I might be able to answer that
would provide some value, I'd be glad to take a shot at it.
Wow, thanks for the offer and I am sure there will be a few questions from the folks on this thread. We are glad to have knowledgable people take an interest and contribute. As you can see, most of us want to get at the truth behind what is being done over there in Fukushima.

This kind of disaster needs people from so many disciplines from the nuclear to the explosives experts. The problem for most of us is that we probably dont know the best questions to ask, although we have picked up bits and pieces of information along the way as we have gone along the thread.

It is good to see more people join us who have hands-on experience working on these tempremental beasts.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by thorfourwinds

All Reports speak against your Opinion,
none of the Fuel Rods left their Place
i cant link to the Videos, u need to search it, DIY!

In your last Video (Fukushima Reactor .......) we do not see Fukushima Daiichi
but a Gasplant in Chiba, People who don't realize this after 1.000 Days are in a way
excluded of a further Discussion!

I don't know what we/i see in the Pics from AC
but i doubt that this are Fuel Rods or parts of it!

For a better Analysis i would need the original Pictures
and not th3 over-coloured Pics

edit on 7-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

These reports may be helpful.

Several news articles and experts have reported that nuclear fuel pieces/fragments/flakes/particles were deposited onto the ground around Fukushima at varying distances from the reactors and spent fuel pools after one or more of the explosions. Here’s a list of the reports that began in early April:

NYTimes on "Ejection of Nuclear Material": Confidential US doc suggests pieces of fuel blown up to a mile away -- Some between two units bulldozed over April 6, 2011
NYTimes: Broken pieces of nuclear fuel rods found outside Fukushima Reactor No. 2, says nuke executive -- Covered up by bulldozers April 7, 2011
Report: Nuclear fuel fragments found over a mile away were "ejected from the reactor cores in those explosions" not spent fuel pools, according to NRC (VIDEO) August 18, 2011
Nuclear engineer: NRC now says reactors and containments have breached and released plutonium off-site -- "Much worse" than if from spent fuel pools (VIDEO) August 22, 2011
US nuke industry report: Explosions at Fukushima Units 1, 3, 4 may have caused inventory (nuclear rods) to be lost from spent fuel pools -- "Debris" on ground near Unit 3 was extremely radioactive after blast November 11, 2011
Mag: Curium and plutonium outside Fukushima plant indicate nuclear explosion at Reactor No. 3 -- Broken spent nuclear fuel rods may have been scattered December 17, 2011
Watch BBC Clip: US video suggests flakes of nuclear fuel were scattered around Fukushima reactors -- Secret plans to evacuate citizens from Japan (VIDEO) February 24, 2012
"There is spent fuel and pellets and whatever all over the place around the plant" -NRC's Top Man in Japan -- Trying to clean it up, but dose still going to be incredible March 5, 2012
Top US nuke official in Japan: Take it slow "without just running the military in there to kill people" for us to feel better -- Wait so it's "without a lot of loss of life" -- 300 millisieverts per hour OUTSIDE reactors before bulldozing 'rubble' March 5, 2012
NRC: There's got to be fission products or pellets in parking lot outside Fukushima plant March 5, 2012
Japan/US map showed 100 milliSv/hr "line" along the roadway west of reactor -- "This stuff is spread everywhere" March 5, 2012
4 Months Later: NRC says radiological material dispersed in 'various forms' around plant -- Most likely from inside reactors -- Isotopes indicative of core damage March 5, 2012
Gov't Memo: "One or more of the building explosions ejected radioactive material around the site" at Fukushima March 7, 2012
Just-Published Study: Plutonium being found away from Fukushima is from nuclear fuel fragments blown out after explosions March 9, 2012
L.A. Times: Speculation that "supercritical fission event" occurred at Fukushima reactor irradiating plutonium, says nuclear expert -- Explosion so massive investigators found fuel rod fragments a mile away March 9, 2012
Gundersen's Kansai Presentation: Pellets of nuclear fuel were scattered around Fukushima site -- Pieces, not atoms, but pieces -- Hydrogen will not create explosion seen at Unit No. 3 (VIDEO) May 13, 2012
'Neutron sources' found 1 mile from Fukushima plant after 3/11 -- "Some fuel may have been injected from that spent fuel pool" January 16, 2013
Gundersen: "Discovery of neutron sources off site means Unit 3 fuel was broken by Unit 3 detonation" -- "I said that 18 months ago, and it looks like the NRC agrees" January 16, 2013

Source

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I wonder what rules, regulations or laws the government can come up with to stop people finding high radiation at potential Olympic sites? The whole thing is ridiculous and it stops another country having the Olympics. By the time they 'find out' the radiation is too high, it will be too late to allow anyone else to step in, so they will have to cancel it. I wonder if the bookies are taking bets on cancellation of the Tokyo games?

High radiation levels found at possible Olympic sites; Tokyo dismisses data

A citizens group said it measured high radiation levels at candidate venues for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, but the metropolitan government disputes the data and the International Olympic Committee has shown little interest.

The group said some of the potential venues for the Summer Games had radiation levels exceeding the Tokyo metropolitan government’s standards for decontamination: 0.23 microsievert per hour 1 meter above ground or a hot spot that measures at least 1 microsievert per hour higher than the surrounding areas.

The site with the highest airborne radiation level was Yumenoshima Stadium in Tokyo’s Koto Ward. Located within Yumenoshima Park, the site has a nearby canal where yachts are anchored.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I know all this Reports but when you are able to read English you would see
that all of them are only Ideas but without any Confirmation!

As soon as i see a Confirmation i would say: "Yes, some of The Rods are gone"
but as long this Confirmation is missing as long your Claim is just a Hypotheses
and there are many

edit on 8-10-2013 by Human0815 because: video

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join