It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Daily News Column of the Day Breaking News Background Evacuate Forum Kawaii [Column] Tepco’s contaminated water system started collapsing Posted by Mochizuki on October 2nd, 2013 · 5 Comments Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services It’s been only 2 years and 6 months. However, Fukushima decommissioning is already falling apart. It’s starting from the contaminated water storage. As long as they keep giving water to the reactors, it must increase. Now it’s already beyond Tepco’s capacity. Having the third typhoon season after 311, the contaminated water system is starting to be collapsed. I cannot even imagine what would happen, but I listed up the three potential results. All of them are likely. 1. Simultaneous leakages The cause of 300m3 leakage hasn’t been identified yet. They have 350 tanks of the same type in the plant. According to the makers, some of them don’t even last for 5 years. However, there is no spare storage. All we could do is just to pray. Even only for a Typhoon, Tepco required 2,100 workers. If those tanks (in Plural) start leaking at once, they are not capable to treat them. This is the water version of 311 Ⅱ. 2. Lack of the storage At least 400m3 of contaminated groundwater flows to the plant. However, Tepco doesn’t have a plan to construct the new welded tanks after this October. It takes 2 months to build the tank, but it is estimated they will run out of the storage this November ~ December. They can’t even find the land to build the new tanks. 3. Past radiation measurement readings might be all false NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority) has been pointing out Tepco’s radiation data doesn’t make sense. It shows no rational trends, and Tepco has no logical explanation for that. NRA plans to send inspectors to the analyzing site. Whether Tepco was intentionally trying to downplay the contamination level, “a part of (I hope not ALL)” their past data may be thought to be false based on the wrong means of analysis.

this little piece from Fukushima Diary is self explanatory..Tepco is inept.
so what is their plan? acre upon acre of faulty, leaking storage tanks? forever and ever?
or keep dumping into the ocean in the false assumption it will dilute and go away.
massive food chain in the ocean, and this contamination is cumulative...
edit on 3-10-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Hi Thor, yes, I noticed, as I am sure many others have as well but onward and upward, our voices will continue to be heard as long we are careful about how we word things and warn each other about mistakes that may affect their posting ability in the future!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Thanks for the advise Autopat, I will definitely try that!

ps. Where is Aircooled? I get nervous when I come into work in the morning and open this thread and AC hasn't posted anything? Anyone?
edit on 4/10/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

Hi Autopat, Have tried to cut and paste also copy and paste but am not having any luck!

Do you cut and post into a new post or cut and paste into your ATS picture bank, neither works for me! I copied the pic ffrom the news website and have saved it into my Windows Picture Library but that's as far as I get!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

You keep posting these pics showing low levels of radiation which mean nothing, for all we know the photos could have been taken taken in Australia or Britain anywhere except a location in Japan, they mean nothing without something for us to reference an exact location!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

In my (humble) Opinion 0.82 micro-Sievert is not "a low Level” but maybe
you don't know this!

You should be able to look for the "Radiation Watch 2013 Thread" but maybe
you are unable to do so because of your low Bandwidth or "other Problems"!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Levels of Radioactive Contamination of the Sea directly in front
of F'Shima Daiichi:

Tepco link:

Tepco link Nr. 2 (outside of the Port)

Inside of the Water Intake:

and the Groundwater:

Very low Levels, looks great!

Banzai

edit on 4-10-2013 by Human0815 because: more info (link 2, 3 and 4)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Well maybe thats because your fear of facing the reality of the situation is finally getting to you and the last picture you posted is so out of focus I doubt anybody can read what the meter is showing! Were you shivering or just unable to focus properly?

I see your English has improved again????? How so?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Rofl,
you can visit a professional Site and pay 5.000¥- in this case you are able to demand
Perfection or you can be satisfied with "my free Service"
and ask for the Levels.

FYI: There are big Problems with IOS7 and Wifi and i couldn't send a High Definition
Picture but this Problem get solved soon!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Tepco melts down ~ The grotesque end of the mega corporation

When they say Fukushima is ok, there’s nothing to worry about, they don’t have any basis. The only thing that makes them say so is “Because TV doesn’t report about it”. It can’t be a reason. I have been saying there’s not technology, invention has the highest priority. However, I seem to be wrong. Tepco is rapidly deteriorating even before inventing anything. Typhoons are coming near Fukushima plant one after one. Yesterday they had another leakage, and the leaked water flowed to the sea. Let’s look into the details of this accident. 1. The tanks were “dipped” in the rainwater. They tried to pump it up but there was no spare tank. 2. They put the water to the contaminated tanks, but the tanks were already 98% full. 3. One of the tanks overflowed for too much water. 4. The tanks were built on the tilted land. They had only a water level indicator in the tank located in the highest place, and they were reading it while the tank located in the lowest place was leaking. 5. They “patrol” the tanks 4 times a day but they didn’t notice the leakage for 12 hours because “it was raining”. 6. The leaked water went to the Pacific straightway, but all they could do was to “put sandbags in the drain”. 7. Every time a typhoon comes, 1,400 tones of additional water is to be put in the tanks, which are already full. 8. All the other tanks may have the same accident even right now.

Contaminated water problem is only a part of the entire crisis. However, even that problem can’t be solved. Moreover, the mega corporation -Tepco is falling apart in the grotesque way.

Iori Mochizuki

fukushima-diary.com...

this is, well i don't know what this is, sad? disgusting? a perverted way of doing business on a magnanimous scale?

made me sick just reading our friend Moshi's assessment , due to content, but as usual he's spot on and bringing the data to our attention.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Reporting in from the fringe with an interesting theory by Observer for consideration...found in StealthyKat's thread.

Link to thread on ATS
Link to Observer's post
Link my quoted post

StealthyKat

DancedWithWolves

0bserver1
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think what you see here could be this..Nuclear waste lint

he “white, stringlike” material was found among thousands of spent fuel assemblies submerged in deep pools within the site’s L Area, according to a report filed by the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board, a federal oversight panel. “The growth, which resembles a spider web, has yet to be characterized, but may be biological in nature,” the report said.

That It's already forming says something about the gradation and time of this pollution I think?

And if this is some kind of biological substance then god knows what will be created when its getting mixed with other biological material that's on site.

I mean does radioactive material mess with the structure of Dna ? And what will that do on the long term of being exposed to it?

I really think this the most important thing the world to concern about.

It exceeds every problem we are facing Now!
edit on 4-10-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Paper: Strange growth discovered on spent fuel could be “biological in nature” — White, stringlike material resembles spider web

“The growth, which resembles a spider web, has yet to be characterized, but may be biological in nature,” the report said.
Savannah River National Laboratory collected a small sample in hopes of identifying the mystery lint – and determining whether it is alive.

Source

In an April 23 presentation to the SRS's Citizen Advisory Board's Nuclear Materials subcommittee, Maxcine Maxted with Department of Energy noted advances that had been made in approaching, recovering and analyzing the bacterial growth located on the tops of the fuel bundles underwater.
“The cobweb material was collected by pumping it through bag filters on a cart located on zero level in the basin,” explained Amy Caver of DOE Public Affairs.
Maxted said that the bacteria would be killed before being studied. In previous, somewhat similar cases, such bacteria has been killed with hydrogen peroxide.
“Without the external nutrients, the bacteria cannot sustain themselves. Infrared from the measured levels of microbial diversity measured these requirements are currently being met. Sampling for organic carbon in multiple basin locations was unable to determine a definitive source of external carbon for the bacteria,” Caver said.
Not knowing the “food” source for these bacteria adds to the mystery.
For a corrosion precaution and to improve fuel bundle identification, the cobwebs will be removed from the fuel bundles by underwater vacuuming.
But, however the strands formed, they are posing no danger to the storage facilities.
“The cobweb material density has not noticeably increased since the original mapping in December 2011,” Caver said.

Source

My oh my. Thank you for raising that possibility.

*head scratcher*

Consider it a Freaky Friday contribution.

edit on 4-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Great, radioactive spiders. Will they turn the entire Japanese nation into spidermen and spiderwomen?

P

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

UN atomic agency to visit Fukushima

The UN atomic agency said on Friday it is sending a team from October 14-21 to review Japan's progress in cleaning up areas around the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant.

The 16-person team, visiting at the request of Japan's government, consists of international experts and International Atomic Energy Agency staff and follows an earlier visit in late 2011, it said.

"With the main purpose of evaluating the progress of ongoing remediation work in Japan and providing advice to address remediation challenges, the mission team will meet relevant governmental authorities, including the Ministry of the Environment," the IAEA said in a statement.

From October 16-18 it will visit remediation sites in Fukushima prefecture and on the last day of the mission will submit a report to the Japanese government, which will be made public.

Source

And the UN waited for a request by Japan's government...why? It's not like weapons of mass destruction are popping off downrange or anything. Get in there people. You had an open invitation the moment the radiation left Japan's shores.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Source: WBAI’s ‘Morning with Michael’ Date: October 2, 2013 At 8:45 in Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Chief Engineer: We’re constantly frustrated — We have scientists contacting us, doctors contacting us, telling us that their patients are suffering from radiation induced injuries, or they’re noticing deformities in animals and plants, but yet the Japanese government is trying to put the heat on them to prevent those studies from moving forward. At 10:15 in Morning with Michael, Host: E[NE]News, the website, they talk about 100 babies with polydactyl situation — they have 6 fingers — this kind of exotic, strange, ‘Night of the Living Dead’ kind of thing’s happening here. There’s an x-ray picture on their website of a hand with 6 digits. Have you heard about that? Gundersen: Yes — ENENews is a great source; I check it a couple times a day — We’ve seen that and we’ve also seen the thyroid cancers. The deformities, the stillbirths, and the increased morbidity is not being reported by the Japanese. They used to publish a report every year that had a prefecture-by-prefecture breakdown […] of deformities and stillbirths and things like that. Well, they stopped publishing that report. They did say in 2011 there was an increase stillbirths and deformities, but they’re not providing scientists with the prefecture-by-prefecture breakdown. So that’s bad news for science, and clearly they would rather have the Olympics than be honest with their own people about the health effects they’re facing. [Note: The report of 100 polydactyl babies was not on ENENews, it was posted by 'Fukushima Appeal' (link: Fukushima: 100 babies with polydactyly are on the waiting list for operation)] Full interview here

this bit of info from ENENEWS makes me very sad..sad and angry

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Tour of Fukushima by Fairewinds Energy Education posted yesterday.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
very..very good video!
everyone should see this.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Very appreciative DWW for posting Arnie's latest video!!! Arnie is amazing...and so low-key about his knowledge and insight. Just have one question - the Common Spent Fuel Pool....anyone aware of its status?

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

am I the only one without sound?? there is an x next to the sound icon for the clip but nothing happens when I click on it or the icon??

did not work at youtube either, but others over there have sound for me??
edit on 4-10-2013 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

not sure...
sound worked fine for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

sound is working now! the joys of technology

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

just finished watching...yes, everyone should see it, really well done!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join