It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Regarding the Common Fuel Pool: What do you want to know?
Physical Data, Statics or Roadmap?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by Human0815

"Photos from Bobathome for a Example- do we really
see Fuel Rods or do we (he) just think so! "

never include me,,bobathome,, with your,, "we",,,,,,for instance,,"do we really
see Fuel Rods or do we (he) just think so! ",,,, well if u cannot see,,nothing i can do about that,,

remember see no evil,hear no evil, speak no evil,,,u sir may be a monkey, but not me. u see?
[snipped]

[snipped]

Why do you not provide a hint with your Photo,
it would be helpful and reduce the Contact!

The Struts are not the Fuel Rods
edit on Fri Oct 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

edit on Fri Oct 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"Why do you not provide a hint with your Photo, "

Sure ,,here u go,

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

SimplyInfo » The Latest » Yoshinoya Fast Food Chain To Grow Rice & Vegetables In Fukushima To “Secure Low Price” Yoshinoya Fast Food Chain To Grow Rice & Vegetables In Fukushima To “Secure Low Price” October 1st, 2013 | Add a Comment yoshinoyaJapan fast food chain Yoshinoya will grow rice and vegetables in Fukushima prefecture. They touted the change as helping reconstruction but the farm site is 80km from the disaster area. The company of course says they will radiation test food they grow for radiation but provided no details about acceptable levels or transparency. The company also cited the low cost of growing food in Fukushima as a motivating factor. “Yoshinoya said in a statement, adding the move would also help it secure low-priced ingredients for its beef bowl dishes.” While the farm is 80km from the disaster site, contaminated food has been found across many other prefectures. The variety of food grown and hot spots also play a role in potential contamination. People have been put off by anything grown in Fukushima. Ham handed government efforts to insist food was safe that were later found to be wrong and govt safety standards higher than most consider actually safe have caused considerable anxiety among consumers. Yoshinoya also has stores in the US and across Asia, it was not stated if any of the Fukushima grown produce would be used there.

now this looks fun...yum yum! and cheap too!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

ts4.mm.bing.net...

no comment really..this picture speaks for itself

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

I certainly hope they don't expect us to eat their fish when they are wearing radiation suits to handle them.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

its a very sad picture really..
a dire destructive reality
who is protecting whom?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Running out of Arguments?

There are no Rods visible,
all Check Ups (Videos) showed the Rods in place and you should
do a Reality-check- there was no reason for the Rods to get expelled.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Human0815

Running out of Arguments?

There are no Rods visible,
all Check Ups (Videos) showed the Rods in place and you should
do a Reality-check- there was no reason for the Rods to get expelled.

Just wanted to drop in and say I am impressed with your use of English as a second language. Some days though it seems you just drop back into engwish. May I suggest that you check if perhaps one of your children is making posts when you are not around. It gets very confusing for me as I don't know who I am really talking to.

Perhaps you have headaches some days or you put in so much effort and it tires you. There may be many reasons but never the less I think you should be proud to be able to communicate so well in a second language.

I wish I had that skill but sadly I only know one language.

So if you could explain what the problem is I, as an aware person, would be grateful. This is an important topic and a significant problem. I am only one person so perhaps it does not matter.

P

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

That Guy claimed that we are able to see Fuel Rods in his Pictures (Page before)
i asked where he sees them (do you see Fuel Rods in that pictures?)

I claimed that the Rods are inside of the Spend Fuel Pools where they belong!
(See the Video Material from the Investigations of the Fuel Pools)

No Report/ Investigation claimed that Fuel Rods are expelled, none!

PS: it is only me who use this Account

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lots of people are going through and posting all those FOIA, NRC docs. Enjoy.
Dry fuel pools, Fuel blown out around the site. Hmmm where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, my pics!
www.youtube.com...
FOIA Proof That TEPCO Has Been Regularly Dumping Highly Radioactive Water Into The Pacific Ocean
agreenroad.blogspot.ca...#!/2013/07/foia-proof-that-tepco-has-been.html
FOIA docs for 011.
www.nrc.gov...
Fear and loathing
hatrickpenryunbound.com...

Looks like those tanks on the west hill are leaning now. They're now trying to say they built them on a slope.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
NIRS external dose estimation system for Fukushima residents after the Fukushima Dai-ichi NPP accident

Link:

The Cesium-137 Amounts in the USA:
Cs-137:

Cesium-137 is the main-indicator/ part of the "F'Shima Fingerprint"!

Interesting to see the reality, away from all the pseudo-scientific Bogus.

edit on 5-10-2013 by Human0815 because: Cs-137 Measurements

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

"That Guy claimed that we are able to see Fuel Rods in his Pictures "

thats a lie.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ah, so desuka?
Why do you used the old Pictures

Shoganai, i don't mind

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"According to the previous study
, the main radionuclides
emitted fromthe FukushimaDai-ichiNPP were Xe-133,Te-132 and I-132at the early
stage of the accident, and Cs-134 and Cs-137 afterwards. Adding I-131 and Te-129m
to these radionuclides, the conversion coefficients of effective dose per ambient do"

Taken from Official Study.So Tepco Verified.For those "main radionuclides"

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why do you used the old Pictures??????????
really u have a problem with "old pictures" of the most Historic
World Wide Reaching Event's, in the History of Mankind's march too harnessing Energy, for the good of all of course,,,

and you don't want too see,,,,,,,,old pictures??,

ya ill probably get banned from site agin,,no comming back this time,,

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

BobAthome
"

Taken from Official Study.So Tepco Verified.For those "main radionuclides"

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

There is no significant discrepancy between Tepcos Statement and what
the so called "Free World" conclude,
but you are free to show us other Sources

By the Way H. Caldicott, A. Gundershill and/or Snake-Oil Busby are without
credibility too when we use such a high Standard

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

FORMER JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER NAOTO KAN TO JOIN NUCLEAR PANEL DISCUSSION IN NEW YORK AND BOSTON

Seminars to focus on ongoing lessons from Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear catastrophe as applied to the Indian Point and Pilgrim nuclear power stations

Seminar Tuesday, Oct. 8 in NYC
Seminar Wednesday, Oct. 9 in Boston

NEW YORK (Oct. 4, 2013)—Today Naoto Kan, the former Japanese Prime Minister, has been added to a panel of esteemed speakers to address the future of nuclear power and the lessons to be learned from the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear accident. Additional speakers on the panel include former Chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Dr. Gregory Jaczko; former NRC Commissioner Peter Bradford; and nuclear engineer, Arnie Gundersen, and are scheduled to share their perspectives on nuclear safety and the future of nuclear power. The panel will be moderated by the President of Riverkeeper, Paul Gallay and will specifically address concerns regarding Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant, now operating with an expired license in Buchanan, New York and Pilgrim Nuclear Generating Station in Plymouth, Massachusetts. There are multiple concerns regarding both plants’ overcrowded storage of spent nuclear fuel rods. Indian Point contains almost three times the amount of radioactive material in its spent fuel pools as Fukushima-Daiichi. The seminars will be held in New York City on Tuesday, Oct. 8 and in Boston on Wednesday, Oct. 9.

U.S. citizens are now questioning the safety of the Indian Point and Pilgrim nuclear power plants. Pilgrim’s crowded storage pools are currently holding up to five times more spent fuel rods than they were designed to handle and can potentially be more dangerous than the nuclear reactors themselves. Earlier this year, a plant manager at Indian Point falsified test data on generator emissions due to high levels of particulate pollution which would cause the plant to close. In the event of a catastrophe like the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear accident, these plants would threaten millions. A nuclear disaster at Indian Point would threaten the entire population of New York City and the outlying metropolitan area. A crisis at Pilgrim poses similar danger to millions within 50 miles of the Plymouth plant including Boston, Cape Cod and surrounding areas.

Newest panel addition, former Japanese Prime Minister Kan was in office in March 2011 when an earthquake and tsunami triggered the catastrophe at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant. He was confronted by three reactor meltdowns and a nuclear crisis that persists to this day.

Jaczko was the Chairman of the NRC during the earthquake and tsunami that triggered the catastrophe at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan. In 2012, Jaczko cast the lone dissenting vote on plans to build the first new nuclear power plant in the U.S. in more than 30 years.

Earlier this year on June 4, 2013, Jaczko, Bradford and Gunderson were joined by Japan’s former Prime Minister, Naoto Kan, where they spoke at the San Diego County Administrative Center about their concerns regarding the safety of the San Onofre nuclear power plant. Three days after the panel, the plant was closed permanently.

The panel discussion is open to the public and news media.

For media and the public who are unable to attend, the New York panel can be heard on a live feed at new.livestream.com... and the Boston panel can be heard at new.livestream.com... these webcasts will be archived at the link for at least 30 days once live. More information can be found at Facebook.com/FukushimaLessons.

New York Event

Who/What: The panel, The Fukushima-Daiichi Nuclear Accident: Lessons for New York, will include Naoto Kan, the former Japanese Prime Minister, former NRC Chair Gregory Jaczko, who led the commission during the Fukushima-Daiichi accident, along with former NRC Commissioner Peter Bradford, and nuclear engineer Arnie Gunderson. More speakers to be announced.

When: Tuesday, Oct. 8, 9:00am – 1:00pm

Where: 92nd Street Y, 1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10128 (Theresa L. Kaufmann Concert Hall)

Why: Indian Point is a three-unit nuclear power station located in Buchanan, New York, 25 miles outside New York City. Potential risk of a nuclear crisis at Indian Point would pose a danger to millions in the New York area. The technology at the plant is 40 years old, and the containment domes were not designed to hold 100 tons of melting uranium in event of an accident and meltdown. Both Chernobyl and Fukushima are examples of accidents in outdated nuclear reactors.

Livestream: new.livestream.com...

Boston Event

Who/What: The panel, The Fukushima-Daiichi Nuclear Accident: Lessons for Boston, will include Naoto Kan, the former Japanese Prime Minister, former NRC Chair Gregory Jaczko, who led the commission during the Fukushima-Daiichi accident, along with former NRC Commissioner Peter Bradford, and nuclear engineer Arnie Gunderson. More speakers to be announced.

When: Wednesday, Oct. 9, 10:00am – 2:00pm

Where: Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02133 (Gardner Auditorium)

Why: The Pilgrim Nuclear Generating Station is located in Plymouth, MA, 40 miles outside Boston. Last summer, Jaczko and the community presented legal appeals and environmental warnings to shut down Pilgrim, however, the NRC renewed the 40-year-old nuclear plant’s license for another 20 years despite these oppositions. A nuclear crisis at Pilgrim would pose a danger to millions of people who live within 50 miles of Pilgrim, including those in the city of Boston.

Livestream: new.livestream.com...

And there are words like

Occupy the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission)

Floating around on the interwebs in connection with these meetings.

Source
Source
Source
Source

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Excellent thumbs up,,, only thing i have a varience with, is, they are not taking into account, the "new" mean temp. offshore of the now occationally, boiling water,,this will no doubt cause a "shift" in the wind pattern,, possably in time for the Olympics. ??? i am sure it can be "modeled" easily,, using the new temp rise in the water,,etcc.
im babling, sorry,,

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join