It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Honestly?
Lower than shark dung at the deepest level of the Mariana Trench!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

You should research the Contamination Levels of the released Water in 04-05.20011
and compare it with your Levels, this are different Dimensions,
even the Leak of the Tanks in H4 was not even 1/8.000.000 of the first Days!

This Rain-Water is "Collateral Damage"!

By the Way we spoke about the Water of the Cooling Cycle!
edit on 2-10-2013 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Home > Latest News Oct. 3, 2013 - Updated 00:47 UTC NEWSLINE Top Stories Japan Asia World Biz/Tech Contaminated water detected in Fukushima Workers at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant have detected highly-radioactive substances in water within a barrier surrounding contaminated water storage tanks. The plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Company, says it found 200,000 becquerels per liter of beta-ray emitting substances, including strontium, in the water. The safety limit is 30 becquerels per liter. TEPCO says its workers have found water leaking from the upper part of one of the tanks within the barrier. The utility says it is investigating whether the contaminated water has leaked into the surrounding ground. It says some of the water may have reached the ocean by way of a drainage system. The tank is located near the Number-4 reactor. More than 300 tons of tainted water was found to have leaked from a tank in a different area in August. Oct. 2, 2013 - Updated 16:52 UTC Top Stories Japan Asia World Biz/Tech
reply to post by Human0815

those darn leaks just seem to keep popping up!
a drainage ditch straight to the ocean??

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

see any fuel rods?

maybe here...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

English is obviously NOT first nature to you . I have been reading your posts and i must admit , as a scientist , dismay at the lack of content you constantly display. I am now setitng aside an hour every night to reading any comments on this 'new' ( bastard ) thread ( don't get me wrong if shills keep filling up space I will stay up all night reading )

From what I see of your posts you seem to think that fuku is not that bad and that people researching and studying this fukushima disaster for several years now can be ( haha...easily) dismissed by a few of your absolutely non-factual comments or more common... attacks.

Why? be like you are ?

the truth is what we are after and the core group of individuals (still) here are time tested weathered and true SOB's dedicated to THE truth of ALL ELEMENTS OF FUKUSHIMA.

In fact most of us have been vindicated in our estimates and predictions by the best test:... time...

alot of good has come from the original thread and it bold collection of freedom of information for the best of everyone type collaborations..in fact it , for a moment , highlighted the best in mankind
are you one of those people

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ok... got to keep our leaks straight.
This ENE post from this morning concerns the overflowing tanks, from yesterday.
"NHK: ‘Mystery’ radiation spike at Fukushima — High levels of strontium in water that leaked into soil — Many times above gov’t limit — Overflow from Tepco pumping it in wrong container "
enenews.com... ow-caused-by-tepco-pumping-into-wrong-container-photo-vid

From ENE. First comment down, from "Mark"
You have to read this article too. They pumped out low level radio active water from tanks into gutters so they could store high radio active water in the tanks. Then they call the water in the gutters "rainwater" in the article Enenews posted, and that it is a mystery that it is so radio active. More half truths and lies courtesy of TepGov.
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Now, on to today. A burst dike in the south end.
www.tepco.co.jp...

another tank
fukushima-diary.com...

"Frozen water wall” can’t be frozen
fukushima-diary.com...
Well it is salt water, after all.

This man thinks about 75% of #4 SPF went up. He bases this on the FOIA, NRC docs.
The vid.
www.youtube.com...
And the blog with the documents.
hatrickpenryunbound.com...

Alaska. They will never show you any data, but while they're tap dancing, they'll assure you you're safe. lol
enenews.com... -defense-audio

"Japan Professor: ‘Really shocked’ they found contaminated fish by U.S. coast"
enenews.com... ey-need-to-understand-just-how-critical-this-is-and

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

i have read these as well...
and am baffled that THEY are baffled.
"its a mystery that there are such high levels of radiation in the rainwater"...really?
and they are "surprised" that fish off the west coast of USA are contaminated?...again..really?

what is "shocking" is that those people are just now being shocked...
we have been discussing this for years.
edit on 2-10-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

90Sr is a product of nuclear fission. It is present in significant amount in spent nuclear fuel and in radioactive waste from nuclear reactors and in nuclear fallout from nuclear tests. For thermal neutron fission as in today's nuclear power plants, the fission product yield from U-235 is 5.8%, from U-233 6.8%, but from Pu-239 only 2.1%. Biological effects Biological activity Strontium-90 is a "bone seeker" that exhibits biochemical behavior similar to calcium, the next lighter group 2 element. After entering the organism, most often by ingestion with contaminated food or water, about 70–80% of the dose gets excreted. Virtually all remaining strontium-90 is deposited in bones and bone marrow, with the remaining 1% remaining in blood and soft tissues. Its presence in bones can cause bone cancer, cancer of nearby tissues, and leukemia. Exposure to 90Sr can be tested by a bioassay, most commonly by urinalysis. Strontium-90 is probably the most dangerous component of the radioactive fallout from a nuclear weapon. The biological half life of strontium-90 in humans has variously been reported as from 14 to 600 days,[4][5] 1000 days,[6] 18 years,[7] 30 years[8] and finally at an upper limit, 49 years.[9] The wide ranging published biological half life figures are explained by the isotope's complex metabolism within the body, but by averaging over all excretion paths the biological half life is about 18 years.[10] Together with the caesium isotopes 134Cs, 137Cs, and iodine isotope 131I it was among the most important isotopes regarding health impacts after the Chernobyl disaster. As strontium has an affinity to the calcium-sensing receptor of parathyroid cells that is similar to that of calcium, the increased risk of liquidators of the Chernobyl power plant to suffer from primary hyperparathyroidism could be explained by binding of strontium-90.[11]

for those that do not know..Strontium..as per WIKI
edit on 2-10-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I'm open to other suggestions if you think they are something else?
The problem with the overhead pics you posted, is that they are pretty far up above the site, and chunks of fuel rods are pretty thin so I'm not sure if they would be visible from there?
Still, the site and the sheen on the sea water in those overheads is always worth another look.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Hahahaha You really don't even remember what YOU POSTED! Most of the figures that I quoted are from your own posts!!!!!!!!
And you are the one that stated emphatically that NO WATER HAD BEEN DUMPED SINCE THE COOLING CYCLE HAD BEEN REPAIRED! Go back and read what you yourself said!

I am seriously not going to respond to your posts anymore, if you sway anymore back and forth between supporting TEPCO's Lies and then supporting "our" side you stand a chance of dying of seasickness!
edit on 3/10/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
How many days do you think it will take for the fuel rods to be removed?
Better yet: How many days into the fuel rods being removed until a huge nuclear event?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

notyourtypicalfalsefront
How many days do you think it will take for the fuel rods to be removed?
Better yet: How many days into the fuel rods being removed until a huge nuclear event?

It all depends on how many undamaged and clear of debris rods there are. I am fairly sure that those will be removed before any attempts to remove the damaged and otherwise compromised rods. My guess is that there are darn few undamaged rods left in any of the pools. That means that when, not if, they make a mistake removing them there will be enough rods left to go critical and spew unbelievable amounts of radiation and radioactive particles across the entire northern hemisphere thus making it uninhabitable for decades if not centuries. Since most of the land mass, and thus most of the 7+ billion inhabitants of the earth, are in the northern hemisphere those people will have nowhere to go and the death toll will be in the billions.

On another note:

From what I have been reading here it seems that we have two "members" who are either paid shills or seriously misinformed apologists for TEPCO and/or the Japanese government.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Hey HappyKat! How do?

You are right about the paid members I am sure but be warned not to use the "s" word when refering to them as you stand the chance of being banned or having threads closed!

By the way does anyone know if our question to "Human" regarding how many people were posting under that ONE user name was ever answered? I know I never read an answer but maybe I just missed it somehow!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
A Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) official said workers at Fukushima detected the toxic fluid dripping from the top of a tank when they were patrolling the site.

The picture which is currently on a British MSM Television News Website ($K!news) shows a tank with water OVERFLOWING not DRIPPING! There is surely a huge difference! Maybe only in English! Someone please upload the pic!!

I still can't upload new pictures!

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how? I have followed the procedure and it doesn't work!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

i just cut and paste everything
dont know if thats the proper way but it works for me.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

wiser3
reply to post by happykat39

Hey HappyKat! How do?

You are right about the paid members I am sure but be warned not to use the "s" word when refering to them as you stand the chance of being banned or having threads closed!

By the way does anyone know if our question to "Human" regarding how many people were posting under that ONE user name was ever answered? I know I never read an answer but maybe I just missed it somehow!

Greetings:

...you stand the chance of being banned or having threads closed!

So someone DID notice that when we destroyed a (third time banned) shill, two of our threads were closed and we got docked 'points', as if that means anything.

That's why we are not posting here too much, as we prefer Zorgon's troll-free living moon environment.

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

No, i don't see any Fuel Rods.

I see a lot of unidentificical Debris only!

Or Fuel Rods are much more harmless than i thought/ think!

reply to post by Silverlok

I would wish that you are as much critical with the real Bogus, Hoaxed or/and faked
News from other People but i don't mind what you said, you sounds like many
other People i met in Discussions since 25-30 Years, for us here in Japan we can't
live with Theory only because we have a Life and we need to go on!

When you see something wrong in the Articles i use than show a Counter-Argument
but what you try to do here is a Witch-hunt in a unscientifically Style/
first Semester, use the Photos from Bobathome for a Example- do we really
see Fuel Rods or do we (he) just think so!

In the first Months there was not only this Crew but much more People,
incl. me, i researched nearly all of the Postings and found that the
majority of the Postings was and are based on Bs.,/ Non-Peer-reviewed
Studies and Books from the cheap Corner, H. Caldicott and Snake-Oil Busby
as the prime Example.

The funny thing is that i am in Discussions here in Tokyo always the Anarchist who
is too pessimistic about the Future!

By the Way we went this morning to Shiori/ Funabashi Town to check the Levels,
i download a few Videos later!
edit on 3-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No decision yet on disposal sites for contaminated waste in 5 prefectures

Tens of thousands of tons of contaminated waste resulting from the Fukushima nuclear disaster still remain in fields and elsewhere in the affected region, with no final disposal sites found yet.

A panel of experts set up by the central government is expected to meet on Oct. 4 to determine a common rule for selecting candidate sites for final disposal facilities in five heavily affected prefectures.

For some, the decision cannot come quick enough, given that two and a half years have passed since the crisis unfolded. In Tome, Miyagi Prefecture, one of the five prefectures with a huge accumulation of waste, a cattle farmer is near the end of his tether.

He has 30 tons of contaminated rice straw in his field.
“In our community, I am treated like a troublemaker,” said the farmer, 29. The prefectural government and the Tome municipal government instructed farmers in the city to hold contaminated waste such as rice straw and other plants for two years until they could be transferred to a final dumping yard.

However, the storage period for farmers expires soon, starting from Oct. 25, and final dumping sites have yet to be selected.

Asahi Source:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

"Photos from Bobathome for a Example- do we really
see Fuel Rods or do we (he) just think so! "

never include me,,bobathome,, with your,, "we",,,,,,for instance,,"do we really
see Fuel Rods or do we (he) just think so! ",,,, well if u cannot see,,nothing i can do about that,,

remember see no evil,hear no evil, speak no evil,,,u sir may be a monkey, but not me. u see?
[snipped]
edit on Fri Oct 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Central Coast officials dispel safety concerns following a study on radioactive materials from Fukushima

In August, the results of a joint study by the Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Physics and Complex Systems (IFISC) in Spain and the Climate Change Research Centre and the Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science in Australia made international headlines, reporting that a plume of Cesium-137-contaminated seawater will reach, via natural currents, the West Coast of the United States in 2014.

That’s the bad news. Now the good:
That plume began significant dilution in July 2011, and it isn’t expected to be dangerous when it hits our shores. IFISC’s Victor Rossi, one of the co-authors of the study, told the Sun via e-mail that researchers essentially found through simulations that by the time the plume hits American shores, concentrations of Cesium-137 are expected to be just 0.003 percent of the amount considered harmful, according to World Health Organization standards.

“In brief, considering the information presently available about the total amount of radioactive materials released into the ocean right after the accident, we found that the turbulent Kurushio current, the Kurushio extension, and the numerous eddies in the Pacific Ocean would have diluted substantially the plume,” Rossi wrote.

“So there are no major worries to be had.” That being said, Rossi added that there remain “small uncertainties” and that researchers should continue monitoring the ocean and looking for solutions to minimize potential impacts for such events in the future.

News of the study made international headlines, including some from government-controlled news sources in China and Russia. Voice of Russia, for example, claimed, “U.S. West Coast to be hard-hit by Fukushima radiation.”

The Russians base this claim on a study by the Science China Earth Sciences Journal, which found that Fukushima pollution is actually becoming more concentrated as it travels across the Pacific, showing little dispersion.

GuiJun Han, an author of the Science China study, didn’t respond to an e-mail the Sun requesting comment.

Source:

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join