It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hi everyone - thanks again for contributing your time and energy on this ridiculously bad news that continues to from bad to worse... I do read the posts but I seldom have anything to add and just wanted to let you know it's all appreciated. And its great to see some new posters too!

There are only a handful of people on this planet who understand how devastating this is and this thread has some of them
Thank you all!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wishes

It reminds me of watching a loved one die from cancer.

Just watching as the Pacific Ocean slowly, bit by bit, dies.

And there seems to be nothing at all I can do about it.

The real sad part, no one can stop it because ... as a species ... we are not smart enough.

Smart enough to kill. Not smart enough to save.

P

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: wishes

It reminds me of watching a loved one die from cancer.

Just watching as the Pacific Ocean slowly, bit by bit, dies.

And there seems to be nothing at all I can do about it.

The real sad part, no one can stop it because ... as a species ... we are not smart enough.

Smart enough to kill. Not smart enough to save.

P

I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH THE FEELING BEHIND THE SENTIMENT, BUT i DISAGREE THAT THE PROBLEMS AT FUKU ( AND ALL THE REST world wide CAUSED BY THE SAME REASONS ) are becAUSE WE , HUMANS AS A WHOLE , suck:

edit on 11-10-2015 by Silverlok because: yt

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Silverlok

Most people just want to live and enjoy life with their families and friends.

But we also have the 'Do it my way' folks who are always right and just know the truth when it comes to religion including politics. They know what God is right for you and what politician to vote for.

Then there are those that want to control everybody.

It used to be religion but lately it seems to be Multinational Corporations.

I don't think we suck, but never-the-less we have no answer for Fuki. It is beyond our science.

The future is not bright.

Perhaps our future is here CLICK ME

Well, it is one answer to some of the problems.

P

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
a reply to: thorfourwinds

You do realize that Reverse Osmosis can handle nuclear contamination right?

Good idea.

However, the filter exchange and disposal might pose an insurmountable obstacle.

And, if You can provide some information on how RO removes Tritium, (et al). we are certainly open Your suggestions.

After all, we are all in this together.

Thank You for your time and consideration.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
United States government triggered the 2011 Japanese earthquake. Japan was making a certain agreement with China and that really pissed off the United States government. The United States government wanted to scare off the Japanese by triggering that earthquake but it "went too far/was more damaging than they intended".
edit on 12-10-2015 by itanosam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Most people just want to live and enjoy life with their families and friends.

This is why 'somnambulance' is a political factor that is dominate: most of us don't want bad things to be true, because we understand , intrinsically, the benefits of community and society, and of course the extentions of that ; sociological diversity in different groups ( micro cultures, be they good or bad,) fights stagnation and promotes the 'forced' existence of windows that align perfectly with the human condition ( that being, to quote Socrates; The only thing I know is that I know nothing ) , learning outside the comfort zone is necessary , but so is having a comfort zone ( in other words )

But we also have the 'Do it my way' ...that want to control everybody...

... Multinational Corporations.

If the Freakonomics guys got it right a couple of decades ago , this means less than 15% of people (and "multi-national corporations" , "PEOPLE" ) are sociopathic ( super self serving ) #s causing almost all of the problems for everyone ....and,if we reduce this down to a bell shaped curve then , of that group about 1.5% ( of the world population ) would be responsible for most if not all of the worlds ( human financial/sociological ) "missteps" or ills.

Interesting that IRL about 1% have gained over half of the world's 'wealth' and the world ( human existence as we know it ) is in dire straights: reality at any level from micro to macro does not conform to sociopathic interactions , or rough shod attempts at re-organization of normalization by brute force.

I don't think we suck, but never-the-less we have no answer for Fuki. It is beyond our...
(public)

possibly

...science.

a weird text dump for anti-nutrinoes Data is the first resource. The people need more data , and it is clearly out there (#, I am quoting Mulder, I must be a whacko..hehe)

The future is not bright.

A large ( world majority) number of religions believe that re-incarnation is the real deal and happens because every one of us can move up or down ( spiritually or perhaps morally speaking I guess ), if that is true then every age of man is destine to enter these periods of the Chinese curse: "may you live in interesting times" ,
as, over time, the 'good' (educated/enlightened?) people have mostly 'moved on' and by the law of averages we are all left with the not so eclectic mix of newbies/neophytes and persons/entities that have failed to transcend ( if that's what happens), repeatedly, possibly perpetually.
Which would make MOST of the people ( does not include the bad 15/1% , ) on this planet at this time either extraordinarily gifted ( and tough , even if they have never tapped those resources within themselves), or volunteers that choose to be here , in this time at this place.
TL;dr adversity often brings out the best in what it means to be human.

Perhaps our future is here CLICK ME

in 2009 the nobel prize went to These three

In the 90's Menlow Park California and a company called Geron. Telemorase introduced to (old) cells immediately ( with electric shock as the cell replication instigator) caused the cells to return to a youthful state. The problem , as stated at the time, was how to introduce those simple conditions to an entire biologocical system. The solution to that problem is an end to aging ( though actuarial data indicates that mortality for non-aging but still mortal entities in our current tech level is about 800 years ) , cancer and..and...

..radiation poisoning.
2009 was a long time ago technologically speaking, and what would the current 1% do if 'they' had this tech (practical immortality) in the bag and then the problem of "systemic introduction" was alleviated by easy gene manipulation?

...Well, it is one answer to some of the problems.

P

Yes it certainly is ( if it works as advertised ) , but how is it public NOW in consideration to when did the money/grant backers have/know about it ?

Just a couple of gedunkt experiments.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good update from LaForge at Nukewatch

www.counterpunch.org...

“[W]e should be carefully monitoring the oceans after what is certainly the largest accidental release of radioactive contaminants to the oceans in history,” marine chemist Ken Buesseler said last spring.

Instead, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency halted its emergency radiation monitoring of Fukushima’s radioactive plume in May 2011, three months after the disaster began. Japan isn’t even monitoring seawater near Fukushima, according to a Sept. 28 story in “The Ecologist.”

The amount of cesium in seawater that Buesseler’s researchers found off Vancouver Island is nearly six times the concentration recorded since cesium was first introduced into the oceans by nuclear bomb tests (halted in 1963). This stunning increase in Pacific cesium shows an ongoing increase. The International Business Times (IBT) reported last Nov. 12 that Dr. Buesseler found the amount of cesium-134 in the same waters was then about twice the concentration left in long-standing bomb test remains.

Dr. Buesseler, at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, announced his assessment after his team found that cesium drift from Fukushima’s three reactor meltdowns had reached North America. Attempting to reassure the public, Buesseler said, “[E]ven if they were twice as high and I was to swim there every day for an entire year, the dose I would be exposed to is a thousand times less than a single dental X-ray.”

This comparison conflates the important difference between external radiation exposure (from X-rays or swimming in radioactively contaminated seawater), and internal contamination from ingesting radioactive isotopes, say with seafood.
Dr. Chris Busby of the Low Level Radiation Campaign in the UK explains the distinction this way: Think of the difference between merely sitting before a warm wood fire on one hand, and popping a burning hot coal into your mouth on the other. Internal contamination can be 1,000 times more likely to cause cancer than the same exposure if it were external, especially for women and children. And, because cesium-137 stays in the ecosphere for 300 years, long-term bio-accumulation and bio-concentration of cesium isotopes in the food chain – in this case the ocean food chain – is the perpetually worsening consequence of what has spilled and is still pouring from Fukushima.

The nuclear weapons production complex is the only other industry that has a record of deliberate whole-Earth poisoning. Hundreds of tons of radioactive fallout were aerosolized and spread to the world’s watery commons and landmasses by nuclear bomb testing. The same people then brought us commercial nuclear power reactors. Dirty war spawns dirty business, where lying comes easy. Just as the weapons makers lied about bomb test fallout dangers, nuclear power proponents claimed the cesium spewed from Fukushima would be diluted to infinity after the plume dispersed across 4,000 miles of Pacific Ocean.

Today, globalized radioactive contamination of the commons by private corporations has become the financial, political and health care cost of operating nuclear power reactors. The Nov. 2014 IBT article noted that “The planet’s oceans already contain vast amounts of radiation, as the world’s 435 nuclear power plants routinely pump radioactive water into Earth’s oceans, albeit less dangerous isotopes than cesium.”

Fifty million Becquerels of cesium per-cubic-meter were measured off Fukushima soon after the March 2011 start of the three meltdowns. Cesium-contaminated Albacore and Bluefin tuna were caught off the West Coast a mere four months later; 300 tons of cesium-laced effluent has been pouring into the Pacific every day for the 4 1/2 years since; the Japanese government on Sept. 14 openly dumped 850 tons of partially-filtered but tritium-contaminated water into the Pacific. This latest dumping portends what it will try to do with thousands of tons more now held in shabby storage tanks at the devastated reactor complex.

Officials from Fukushima’s owners, the Tokyo Electric Power Co., have said leaks from Fukushima disaster with “at least” two trillion Becquerels of radioactivity entered the Pacific between August 2013 and May 2014 — and this 9-month period isn’t even the half of it.

The fact that Fukushima has contaminated the entirety of the Pacific Ocean must be viewed as cataclysmic. The ongoing introduction of Fukushima’s radioactive runoff may be slow-paced, and the inevitable damage to sea life and human health may take decades to register, but the “canary in the mineshaft,” is the Pacific tuna population, which should now also be perpetually monitored for cesium.

Last November Buesseler warned, “Radioactive cesium from the Fukushima disaster is likely to keep arriving at the North American coast.” Fish eaters may want to stick with the Atlantic catch for 12 generations or so.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld
I really didn't want to think DAn Greens message was a real world view , but:

big pharma profits on your sickness in the u.s.

and as an interesting adjunct;

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Thats one of the reasons I refuse to get on Medicare even though Ive been eligible for a couple of years. Now that we are forced to go with private insurers, the industry that real progressives wanted to control and not give into hook line and sinker, things will only get worse. The only hope we have is Bernie, who will also put an end to the nuke industry. His main beef against the nukers other than the obvious dangers imposed is that they are subsidized more than any other power industry to the tune of billions and billions and billions of dollars. If he gets in and cuts those subsidies the industry is dead in the water instantly. The best showstopper idea ever.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good News Good News. Hahahahahahahaha take that Entergy. Harvey Wasserman's latest

The chain reactor operator Entergy has announced it will close the Pilgrim nuke south of Boston. The shut-down will bring U.S. reactor fleet to 98, though numerous other reactors are likely to face abandonment in the coming months.

Entergy is also poised to shut the FitzPatrick reactor in New York. It promises an announcement by the end of this month.
Entergy also owns Indian Point 2 and Indian Point 3 some 40 miles north of Manhattan. Unit 2’s operating license has long since lapsed. Unit 3’s will expire in December.

Like nearly all old American nukes, both Pilgrim and FitzPatrick are losing tons of money. Entergy admits to loss projections of $40 million/year or more at Pilgrim, with parallel numbers expected at FitzPatrick. The company blames falling gas and oil prices for the shortfalls.

Owners of King CONG (Coal, Oil, Nukes and Gas) facilities hate renewables. But in fact the boom in wind, solar, increased efficiency and other Solartopian advances are at the real core of nuke power’s escalating economic melt-down.

The plummeting prices of green power are fast undercutting the economics of America’s aging reactor fleet. They are also chopping into the use of coal and gas, whose costs are rising. Renewables are essentially free at the margin. So green power voids the “baseline” function of both nuke and fossil fuel generators.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Interesting..inevitable , but interesting none the less. The watch word here should be "splintering" , as energy corps that have operated and profited for years ( and decades) from nukers , suddenly decide that certain facilities ( read as: aging , should have been decommissioned already, and only profitable under massive subsidy) need to be spun off into separate independent corporations ...

which then subsequently cannot operate at millions of dollars a years loss and go
BANKRUPT
leaving the multi-billion dollar cost of nuclear Decommissioning and containment per reactor as a burden on the backs of the taxpayers ( whom have already subsidized said plants(reactors) ab initiato unknowingly through federal(ly collected tax) dollars )

the U.s. currently has no spinal structure analog in place to give nuker companies any incentive to not follow this path ( translation: in the u.s. there is no penalty for splitting off a nuclear "asset" that has been MASSIVELY FEDERALLY SUBSIDIZED , and is now nolonger profitable from it's 'parent' company when it is facing decommission costs )

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It seems that this has been without MSM coverage.

ST. LOUIS PREPS FOR "CATASTROPHIC" NUCLEAR EVENT
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just received this from Q. Good site to check out.

I have found a wonderful Polish website with a good description of things at Fukushima. I cannot post any longer on ATS due to Google being banned/closed in China...... Please can you post this guys website to the Fuku thread.......He would be an excellent guy to have on there.

www.podniesinski.pl...

I think the images are so sad and we forget just how sad they are as time goes on. These folks have lost everything and it could happen to any of us as there are nuke plants everywhere!
edit on 20-10-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well we will finally get to see inside Unit 3 containment as today they are sending in the probes.

From the Diary

Fukushima Unit 3 Containment Probe On October 20th

TEPCO quietly announced that October 20th they would conduct the first containment inspection of unit 3. This is significant work as the building has been limited for entry due to damage and high radiation levels. Robotic decontamination has been under way in the building for more than a year.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Must read article by Cynthia McKinney, former US representative. Quotes are from www.rt.com...

Fukushima fallout: Throwing radioactive caution to the wind – and sea

-------------

With all of this as background, the media provide coverage of marine anomalies mentioning global warming, even El Nino and toxic algae, while the elephant in the room is Fukushima radiation. It is this silence that is deafening! It makes me wonder who are the beneficiaries of the nuclear power business? Why is the nuclear power lobby so strong when the dangers are clearly so evident? Instead, we are told: “It is fossil fuels that are destroying the planet. Nuclear power is clean and safe.” I’m also told that nuclear power is a sign of modernity; it is the future. But solar, geothermal, and wind are rarely given a mention by these same individuals. I’m also told that by posing these questions, I’m fearmongering.

I do want to know why in the face of what appear to be Pacific Ocean die-offs, El Nino is mentioned and not the Fukushima-related elevated levels of radiation. As long as there is a palpable lack of transparency in the mainstream media’s ordinary coverage of extraordinary environmental events, that includes what one senses as a reticence to discuss the obvious, I predict that there will be a proliferation of citizen journalists and citizen scientists seizing upon each piece of new data trying to make sense out of a government-approved narrative that just doesn’t make sense—again. US President Obama stated, “We do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the West Coast, Hawaii, Alaska, or U.S. territories in the Pacific.”

We should not rely on government officials to tell us the truth about the full extent of Fukushima's fallout: Incredibly, Obama advised the people of the U.S. not to take precautionary measures beyond “staying informed.” Canada immediately suspended measurements of radiation around Vancouver. The government of Japan has not been trustworthy from the very beginning about the extent of the tragedy.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
5.4 EQ just hit less than 10 miles from Fuku. Awaiting further reports.

ON edit: The Diary is calling it a 5.5.

fukushima-diary.com...
edit on 21-10-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Its official. Unit 3 reactor is still there and in less damaged state than 1 and 2. Since it is also obvious that unit 3 was not destroyed by a hydrogen explosion, that leaves only one possibility. But Im not saying what that is.

www.fukuleaks.org...

Compared to damage found around the unit 3 reactor building interior, this section of the containment structure didn’t show that level of damage. In portions of the reactor building mangled doors and major displacement of equipment had been found. The small section inside unit 3′s containment didn’t show that level of damage. It did show that due to heat, time, steam and possibly the initial explosion, most surfaces were degraded and stripped of paint. Steam hung heavily in the air in the first set of images. TEPCO found that the temperatures in the air were lower than the water temperature by about 10 degrees Celsius. The steam itself is significant as TEPCO tried to explain away steam leaks out the reactor well to the atmosphere found earlier as not being true leaks from containment.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld from Uphill on October 21, 2015. The Polish photographer's website contains many photos from his recent trip around the Fukushima Dai-Ichi site. Be aware, however, that this photo on his front page should have the following title:

Dead Man Walking?

... The area where this photographer took his self-photo in front of the destroyed Fukushima reactors this fall has recently been measured as being in the range of 135 milli-sieverts of airborne radiation. So, I understand why he wanted to get this photo, but I doubt he understands the total cost that radiation exposure poses to his health. Example: The photo shows his face mask removed ... so he is actively inhaling internal radiation in the 135 milli-sievert range. Example: His hair covering has also been removed for the photo, so his hair is also being contaminated with non-removable radiation. (I hope he got a skinhead haircut when he got home to Poland.)

Bottom line: Such reckless behavior should not be praised or encouraged.

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join