It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does U.S. Air Force have "starships"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: m83x1

the air force is limited to earths atmosphere, any star'ship' would be with navy.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
short answer: no
long answer: no

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Actually the Air Force is a bad service for any kind of starship mission if you think about it.

In the future, shouldn't the services be Army (includes Army Air Force), Planetary Command (i.e. ICBM & NRO & missile defense), and Navy, including Sub & Star Fleet.

Think about it hypothetically. Suppose there was some amazing warp drive developed, make up some nonsense about a Bose-Einstein condensate of Higgs bosons. This would have to be engineered on a starship. There is no reason to believe that FTL communication would be possible other than writing a note and sailing the starship to the destination.

Space exploration would be much more like 17th century naval explorers, out of contact for months or years at a time. Who would you choose to crew your starships? They'd have to be completely self-reliant, highly effective even under strong psychological isolation and claustrophobia, and able to handle difficult technical problems in a physically hostile environment when death for all is one mistake or natural phenomenon away.

Nuclear submarine crews. Upon reflection, there is no other possible choice. Navy it is.

edit on 12-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh my, for only many many many many...decades....going far, mining and all sorts of things.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

care to backup such claims?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wrabbit2000

What if it sat in orbit off one of the poles? I'm not an expert but seems slightly more feasible for not being seen...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

If you think about it a nuke boat would make for an interesting ship design too.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: winofiend

We dont??
No Need huu??

Damn i wonder what all those things floating
around from nation to nation carrying goods
are.....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
. After all, we are flying US Astronauts on the Russian space rockets (faulty)

No more faulty than the shuttle

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: danimaltex

It could be seen by amateur astronomers from either hemisphere. I can view the North celestial pole rather easily year round from my latitude. Same can be said of residence in the Southern hemisphere.

If they really don't want to be seen..... black as black ships in deep geosynchronous orbits or on the dark side of the moon.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Although a geosynchronous orbit or establishing an orbit solely on the far side of the moon is really inefficient, compared to the light nullifying/absorbing/bending meta-materials we supposedly have access to.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Everyone might want to read about here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Astr0 has some insights.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

That we have now. They didn't then so of they were going to build something like Orion it would have to be inefficient.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Yes, now a days it is. But before we had that tech though......

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes. No doubt, since about 1985. They even built at least one city...and nothing's going to stop them now.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: boomer135
. After all, we are flying US Astronauts on the Russian space rockets (faulty)

No more faulty than the shuttle

you know that is a damn good point...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Humans are liers and very good at it! Infact if we have ever done anything right its lie. The government is powerful but you are fullish to believe they are in control. There are others that make the hard decisions and what our future will be. I have no doubt that there are top sectet crafts, we work with aliens and that we have traveled farther than you think. The one simple minded peiple ask why do we fight wars with crap if we are so advanced? Why do we put astronauts into space on acme rockets? Why simple minded because you are stupid to think anyone holding this secret would give up all power all advancments to lower powered people. A race car driver never shows you whats under the hood. He we used any of the adnvanced tech then all hell would break loose. There would be jealousy and wars not to include people already in control would have to possibly give up what they have seceret. If you were a leader with a top secert ship working with aliens and fighting wars the world doesnt know about then would you just land your craft in iraq and say hey fellow soldiers i got this!!! No i think not!! Why? Well we as a whiole are liers selfish and gready for power. We are too much like children running around killing each other, breaking laws, figjting over oil and other usless things that kill our planet. Ok where is my proof! Right! Well the sightings, obductions we cant deny and the fact we just give up on space and retire some of the most advanced planes we have ever seen is not just a hint its a slap in the face? The question should not be is there aliens or space crafts that the easy part but who is running it all is the smarter and more important question!
edit on 9-7-2015 by Covediver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We most definitely have classified programs and classified projects under a black budget. The black budget space program is probably a larger budget than the public space program. NASA would be the public and all branches of military, Army, Navy, and Air Force wold have their classified space projects under a black budget.

If the black budget space program is larger than the public budget, say twice the size, then of course their technology is going to be much more advanced. So starships possibly, re-ingineered alien craft able to easily maneuver around our solar system, I think so.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am more intimidated about some asshole #ng with time travel than i am of our government playing with ships in space. Again its more woresome of who is in control! I fear them!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i'm a pilot and when I saw the 400 foot long cigar over dallas in 99, I thought it looked man made....posted that story five times here on ats....titanium blimp shaped....a little thin....but faceted on the longitudinal axis 12 times....I swear I saw the facets

dat was 1999

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join