It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Christians (Haters) Giving Good Christians (Lovers) a Bad Reputation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The makers of the video are certainly poking fun at these protesters. However, it's not as though these protesters are not deserving of some ridicule. After all, they are the ones who chose to go public with their hate speech and their claim of God's Divine Right to Judge and Condemn others. Such claims and verbal abuse should be held up and shown for what they are and for others to see.

Your example more specifically, the toothless gent shouting hate toward everyone and even falsely quoting scripture about Gerbil's which he makes up himself and tries to pass of as words from the bible!!! I mean are you kidding me??? Poking fun of this guy a little is by far of less concern than him falsely preaching His own words as if they were the words of God, don't you think???

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

edit on 9/3/2013 by Klassified because: Nevermind.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

After all, they are the ones who chose to go public with their hate speech and their claim of God's Divine Right to Judge and Condemn others.
The story, as I understand it, is that a pastor was saying things in his own church that gays did not like, they started protesting the church, and Christians came to the defense of the church.
I think you have a biased version of events.
edit on 3-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

You are probably right Tarzan, this may turn ugly, as it always does. However you seem to fully understand the point of it. My hope is that others will too. Even as someone who does not claim Christianity for myself, I can see the what is happening to those that are and would like to help clean things up. I am hoping that others will start to see that ideology especially that of Judeo Christian roots are not as hateful as some are making them look. This in itself is quite a leap of faith on my part too I might add.

However, I do still believe that most are in fact loving, but those that are the Haters have caused such a sh!tstorm at this point that even those loving ones are being pulled into the mix as everyone takes sides and stands their ground. I am hoping that instead people will, with a little thought, choose more wisely, join together in their similarities rather than fight because of their differences. If they can do that, then those extremists will likely just vanish since they will then have no influence over anyone else.
edit on 3-9-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

"The wisdom of God is foolishness to men."

Oh, sure. Oppression is security, faith is knowledge, fear is love. All of that good ol' double-thinkin' sort of logic that makes the Orwellian regime go round.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you're saying that I have missed the point that this is actually a good protest because it's a bunch of Christians who have come to the aid of a Pastor who needs defending of his Hate Speech??? Hmmm, I'm not sure if Christians rallying around the Hate toward Homosexuals is really that wonderful of a thing.

I'm not saying that I would side with the Gay Group Protests of this Church either, just so we have that clear. That too would be missing the whole point. Neither side wins by Hating the rest away, regardless of which side you're on. When you understand that, then we will probably understand each other. When we can all put it into action, well, that's when the whole of reality for us all will be changed for the better.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Someday, some beautiful and awesome day. Mankind will have moved past religions and realised, we only got each other and our world. And like it or not, we need to stick together in order to maintain and keep this world from falling apart. Religion is only one more thing keeping us apart from each other. Just like we think the colour of skin matters, sexuality and politics. It does nothing more than to make us think that we are different from one another. (Here is a hint: We are not different from one another, we are all humans.)

No one says it better than George Carlin:

Well either that or the end of the world gets here before we realise this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

God does not say that His wisdom is necessarily the opposite of man's logic. He is saying that His understanding is so much greater and deeper that men rest on their logic which is entirely incomplete.

Sometimes this may result in men being completely backwards from the truth, but usually this means that the understanding of men simply just falls incredibly short of true wisdom.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

God does not say that His wisdom is necessarily the opposite of man's logic.

Perhaps he did not, but you did.

He is saying that His understanding is so much greater and deeper that men rest on their logic which is entirely incomplete.

If our understanding is incomplete, then is it with a lack of understanding that you put your faith in a god?

Sometimes this may result in men being completely backwards from the truth, but usually this means that the understanding of men simply just falls incredibly short of true wisdom.

And you have come to this conclusion based on your incomplete understanding, is that right?
edit on 3-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

If you don't understand, I can't make you understand. That's not what this thread is about, however. If you would like to further the discussion somewhere else, I will be more than happy to provide you with a way to understand, only if you will receive it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

So you're saying that I have missed the point that this is actually a good protest because it's a bunch of Christians who have come to the aid of a Pastor who needs defending of his Hate Speech??? Hmmm, I'm not sure if Christians rallying around the Hate toward Homosexuals is really that wonderful of a thing.
No, did I not make myself clear in my earlier post?
It is freedom of religion and free speech advocates defending against protesters who want to censor free speech and limit the free exercise of religion.
Anyone who is a homosexual, and does not like the pastor's condemnation of the practice of unholy sex, has the freedom to not attend that particular church.

Neither side wins by Hating the rest away, regardless of which side you're on.
It may depend on your own personal bias which side is hating.
My point is that the video itself is hateful, and that should be clear no matter your bias.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If you don't understand, I can't make you understand. That's not what this thread is about, however. If you would like to further the discussion somewhere else, I will be more than happy to provide you with a way to understand, only if you will receive it.

If reception requires suspension of critical thinking processes, then I will politely decline.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

No. It requires the enhancing of critical thinking processes, by a factor of a hundred at least.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No. It requires the enhancing of critical thinking processes, by a factor of a hundred at least.

What am I supposed to understand, and how does critical thinking lead to a corroboration of these things that I am supposed to understand? Please note, if at any point you no longer desire to answer my questions, just let me know and I'll ask someone who does want to answer them.
edit on 3-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

On hypocrisy Taken from: www.jesus-is-savior.com...
What is a hypocrite? "Someone who views another person as being a bigger sinner than them self".

Just because we are Christians we are not immune to the corruptions that plague humanity as a result of our fallen condition. It is an argument that is the most obvious attack on everything that IS Christ's teachings. Sadly your thread reflects the fact that humans are inconsistent, filled with criticisms, hypocrites and have narcissistic ulterior hidden motives.

These attacks are largely based on hurting one another in order to inflate one's own inferiority due to the countless unresolved insecurities and short comings that flood people's actions and make for easy targeting. It is a daily personal battle to counter our inherited fallen state in all it's flaws that reflects all too well our sinful personal battles in the world of 'ego'.

This along with every sin known to man is the very reason why the Son of G-d came as a Bridge for our salvation and for 'the' work in a purifying through us that can be performed only after we allow HIM into our hearts and lives. It is precisely because we are fallen and live in that fallen state in our minds, feelings and souls. The spirit within us is yet to be born and can only do so through Christ's working resurrection in us. Just because we verbally profess to be Christians doesn't mean we are instantly changed into a 'new version' without still having to be purged which is through our surrendering on a daily basis. There are no quick fixes here and becoming Christian does not provide one with an instant 'make' over that doesn't come with time, suffering, blood, sweat and tears.

It is all about being spiritually convicted in order to be refined with a genuine desire for truth regardless of your hearts desire in it's rebellious adherence and denial. Conviction is the power of the Holy Spirit working within us.

The evidence for the the fallen nature of mankind is the one thing that we cannot evade seeing not just in ourselves but in each other. The world around us is testimony of that fact. Pointing the finger will not eradicate the very condition that plagues us and keeps us in the bondage that we require to be emancipated from.

It is impossible to believe that we can accomplish this on our own considering our self-serving natures that seek to constantly deny the truth whether in Christianity or in those that cling to denial of all our inner convictions.

The Word of G-d convicts us of what we already know and feel whether we admit or deny this in silence or a loud echo. This 'knowing' is a resounding acknowledgement that is deeply lodged within our hearts and souls in a spiritual pricking that serves as a reminder to our 'consciousness' in the things we know are 'sins', 'abominations', rebellions, corruptions and the wide condition of that nature in a corruption and exploitation. Time has a way of excavating the Truth out of us especially because death greets us all in a place where there are no escapes.

Better to do so when you can alter the course of your eternity. I am an advocate of the Book of Life and I would like to believe we all want to see everyone's name written therein. We can do all the finger pointing we want but ultimately it is the message of Salvation that is conveyed in a "loving" warning.

How the message of salvation is transported whether done in the nature of our own sins or in and through the divine Love should not ever be the focus. If it leads towards an inner conviction that directs us towards the knowledge of the truth in our unshackling then how that message is conveyed should not be what is relevant here but rather the very message to our real freedom.

Revelation 20:11-15 (Complete Jewish Bible) 11 Next I saw a great white throne and the One sitting on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, both great and small, standing in front of the throne. Books were opened; and another book was opened, the Book of Life; and the dead were judged from what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 The sea gave up the dead in it; and Death and Sh'ol gave up the dead in them; and they were judged, each according to what he had done. 14 Then Death and Sh'ol were hurled into the lake of fire. This is the second death-the lake of fire. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was hurled into the lake of fire.
Romans 2:1-5 (Complete Jewish Bible)

1 Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, passing judgment; for when you judge someone else, you are passing judgment against yourself; since you who are judging do the same things he does. 2 We know that God's judgment lands impartially on those who do such things; 3 do you think that you, a mere man passing judgment on others who do such things, yet doing them yourself, will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or perhaps you despise the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience; because you don't realize that God's kindness is intended to lead you to turn from your sins. 5 But by your stubbornness, by your unrepentant heart, you are storing up anger for yourself on the Day of Anger, when God's righteous judgment will be revealed;

1 John 2:9 ESV
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.

Romans 2:3 ESV

Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

www.openbible.info...

edit on 3-9-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mOjOm

After all, they are the ones who chose to go public with their hate speech and their claim of God's Divine Right to Judge and Condemn others.
The story, as I understand it, is that a pastor was saying things in his own church that gays did not like, they started protesting the church, and Christians came to the defense of the church.
I think you have a biased version of events.

You call out someone else as biased, however your hate is justified, nice Christian attitude.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
One of the most wonderful things I find about Christians, is that they don't even understand the history of their own religion. They have not idea about the Consel of Nicocea, no idea of the reformation, no idea of the Spanish Inquisition, no idea about the Crusades. All they know is that they are going to heaven, and every other member of every other religion, along with every member of another denomination, are going to hell, because they are not true believers.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As a Christian, telling the people of this world that they are sinning does no good. God judges and since right now this world does not belong to the Christian, the only thing we are told to do for them is to tell them how to get saved.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, as is unmarried sex, as is adultery, as is sex with animals, relatives, your mother or father, etc. The only sex that is sanctioned by God is one between a man and a woman in marriage.

So, if there is judging to be done, God, and the Bible are quite able to do that. The video shows a futile struggle with the world using the tactics of the world. Not really a good idea. Christians win their battles through prayer and one soul at a time, through love.

You don't have to tell people that they're sinning, you have to tell them that there's an escape from it. And that way is Jesus.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

As a Christian, telling the people of this world that they are sinning does no good. God judges and since right now this world does not belong to the Christian, the only thing we are told to do for them is to tell them how to get saved.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, as is unmarried sex, as is adultery, as is sex with animals, relatives, your mother or father, etc. The only sex that is sanctioned by God is one between a man and a woman in marriage.

So, if there is judging to be done, God, and the Bible are quite able to do that. The video shows a futile struggle with the world using the tactics of the world. Not really a good idea. Christians win their battles through prayer and one soul at a time, through love.

You don't have to tell people that they're sinning, you have to tell them that there's an escape from it. And that way is Jesus.

The people you are preaching to do not believe in the bible, you are the one that believes. Maybe if you showed them love, and then showed them the error of their ways, you might be more successful. The bible cannot be judgemental, it is inanimate, and for some of us, your god does not exist, so cannot judge either.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

You call out someone else as biased, however your hate is justified, nice Christian attitude.

I did not say that I did not have a bias. Obviously I do, about freedom.
These (pro-gay?) protesters don't care about that and want to shut down freedom.
I hate tyranny in any form.
"Christian" means to be respectful to other human beings and not slandering or making fun of them in a mean way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join