It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Christians (Haters) Giving Good Christians (Lovers) a Bad Reputation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Hold on a sec. I am big supporter or Freedom of Speech as well. I don't believe in censorship for anyone. While I do not like Radical Religious Hate Speech, that in no way means I support censorship of those who are saying it. But I don't see where the Gay Protesters were censoring anyone. All they did is form a Group Protest in opposition to what the Pastor was saying. Just like the Christians were having a Group Protest against the Gay Protest. Nobody that I can tell is censoring anyone else. Protesting is not Censoring.

By protesting the Pastor they are just exercising their free speech in opposition to what the Pastor is saying. Neither side should be silenced in my opinion. But both sides should be held up to the light and held accountable for what they are saying and if challenged be able to back up what they say in a logical way.

Let's face it, if someone wants to be full of hate toward others, there isn't much anyone can do to change that. All you can really do is speak out in opposition to it in the hope that others make the best choice between the two. I mean does anyone really think that Heaven is really gonna be filled with a bunch of pissed of Haters??? Do you really believe that calling everyone else sinners and yelling "God hates (insert anything here)" is really gonna get you into heaven??? If so, what a crappy place Heaven would turn out to be. Cause IMO if it's populated by nothing but bigoted hateful A-holes who wish nothing more than pain and suffering for everyone else, that's the same as Hell and ya'll can have both of 'em all to yourselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Protesting is not Censoring.
Maybe in some Pollyanna world.

Neither side should be silenced in my opinion.
Then what is the purpose of the protest?
If they are offended, don't listen.

Let's face it, if someone wants to be full of hate toward others, there isn't much anyone can do to change that.
There is real hate out there where people are being killed, protest that.

I mean does anyone really think that Heaven is really gonna be filled with a bunch of pissed of Haters???
That is how I would categorize the anti-christians.
edit on 3-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Bad Christians/Good Christians?...that's got to be a joke, right?

...or are the Bad ones, the ones who have been 'saved' already, so whatever behaviour they exhibit does not change that situation?...or, or, or...

You never notice proper Christians - there is no egotistical grandstanding, no rammed-down-your-throat scripture quoting (as if they knew what it meant), there is no relegate-the-heathen-sinner-to-hell (while presuming a saved position), there is no self-serving us&them circular logic, going to hell in a handbasket, breathing sulphur fumes for eternity while the devil continues to plot and scheme all the evil ways it can trick one who refuses/is apathetic about 'being saved' - what a waste of devil-time, 'cos if you ain't been saved/don't wanna be - why waste the energy preaching to the unconverted?

The paragon of Origami...convoluted spaghetti-bowl thinking...

Grow up...

Å99

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mOjOm

Protesting is not Censoring.
Maybe in some Pollyanna world.

Neither side should be silenced in my opinion.
Then what is the purpose of the protest?
If they are offended, don't listen.

Or more importantly in our own world we are currently living in and according to the actual definition of the word!! Protesting what someone else is saying isn't censoring anyone. In fact it's even More People Speaking Freely.

But for the sake of argument, let's explore your side of things. So protesting is censorship from your perspective. Ok, then aren't the Protesters who Protest the Gay Protesters censoring them too?? Making them just as bad for trying to censor the Gay Protest??

What about other protests like those who protest the Patriot Act or Government Policy Banning Guns?? Is their message about Silencing the Government??? Or is it about Protesting in opposition to them as it's defined???

If you really are convinced that Protesting and Censoring are the same thing, fine, but at least show me how you've come to that understanding so we can at least have the same understanding of the definitions of words. Without the same understanding of the language and what certain words mean, any and all debate is pointless.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Ok, then aren't the Protesters who Protest the Gay Protesters censoring them too?? Making them just as bad for trying to censor the Gay Protest??
I think that you are making up unrealistic motives for the Christians while doing the same for the Christian-haters.
The counterdemonstraters are showing support for the beleaguered church, not trying to "stop" the protesters from speaking.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why doesn't this group team up with Westboro?
Apparently there's some young ladies who can't find anyone in the cult to marry, and some good matches might be forged.

But perhaps two old fiery bigots will find technicalities to dispute, and also condemn each other to hell.
Westboro is also now anti-divorce (and Jesus actually taught that remarriage was living in permanent adultery).

None of what they're saying was taught by Jesus.
Here I'm a bit disappointed that the protestors chose only parody, and didn't address their Biblical quotes, or all the commandments in the Bible that Christians ignore.
"Homosexuality" was a term only coined in the mid 19th century, so it's not what the KVJ NT said.

How many of them have looked at a woman in lust and committed adultery in their hearts?
Why do they not literally stick out their eyes like Jesus literally said?

Where is the protest against usury or storing up earthly goods?
I hope they don't have bank accounts and pay interest.

Where do they quote the NT on women who must be modest and in silence, and are saved by childbirth (which must be done in sorrow according to Genesis)?

Where's the OT laws that a virgin who is raped must marry her rapist for life, or that a woman who cannot prove her virginity upon marriage must be stoned to death?
Why don't they show us how the Bible says a slave must be beaten correctly?

Why do they not even wear their hair and beards like commanded in the OT, never-mind the clothes?

Why not quote Paul on men who have wives having to act like they had none?

Why not quote Jesus on all sins that can be forgiven except those of the Pharisees (and no, it wasn't homosexuality).
Why not quote Jesus on the fact that not all men are made to marry women, and some were thus made eunuchs in the womb?

What a bunch of useless hypocrites who don't know their own Bible.

Here, threatening to kill people is hate speech, and illegal.
Maybe in the US they can do it openly, but then they mustn't point fingers at Islamists who do the same.

Otherwise, let them have their say, and let the protestors have theirs.

Never even mind their incorrect information on AIDS (someone "had sex with a monkey", when it came from butchering bush-meat).

That's no different to Anonymous protesting Scientology.

It is a cult however, with a very scary looking charismatic leader.
They have chosen one group (the gays - yawn) to pick two or three verses on.

It's in any case a heresy in a Christian context.
If people could simply repent and be perfect that's a works based religion.
Who are they to question salvation and condemn people to hell?
Jesus said that whosoever believes in Him will have eternal life.

edit on 3-9-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You are right, we need to as Christians preach against a lot more stuff than what we are.
The Gay thing is what gets attention, apparently, and it is not just the Christians that ignore the rest.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by halfoldman

You are right, we need to as Christians preach against a lot more stuff than what we are.
The Gay thing is what gets attention, apparently, and it is not just the Christians that ignore the rest.

Somehow I do not think you understood what halfoldman was saying in his post. In fact, I think you actually reversed the entire point he was trying to make by interpreting what he said in his post to mean that "Christians need to start preaching against even more stuff than what we are."

Maybe halfoldman could let us know which is which. Because the message I got from reading his post was NOT that Christians should be preaching against more stuff which is what you seemed to get out of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

It's because the devil can do so much more damage against the cause of Christ through a Christian, than he could with a non Christian. Thus "Christians" are much more likely to be attacked by the devil, and since Christians are humans just the same as anybody, they fail that battle. I will have to write more about this when I have more time. But I consider myself a good Christian, though I won't lie and say that I have not been one of the bad ones, in fact most of the time I am one of the bad ones.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Does every Muslim act in unison? Does every Jew agree? Does every Atheist concur on the most logical way in which the universe came into being? Does every Conservative agree with military intervention in Syria? Does every liberal disagree? Do you agree with everyone in your neighborhood on every issue under the sun?

You might as well call this thread "Why do people disagree?" instead of turning it into a beacon for Christ haters like you have.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
reply to post by mOjOm

It's because the devil can do so much more damage against the cause of Christ through a Christian, than he could with a non Christian. Thus "Christians" are much more likely to be attacked by the devil, and since Christians are humans just the same as anybody, they fail that battle. I will have to write more about this when I have more time. But I consider myself a good Christian, though I won't lie and say that I have not been one of the bad ones, in fact most of the time I am one of the bad ones.

I'm not trying to be mean...but...

...this doesn't make sense...

Å99

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Does every Muslim act in unison? Does every Jew agree? Does every Atheist concur on the most logical way in which the universe came into being? Does every Conservative agree with military intervention in Syria? Does every liberal disagree? Do you agree with everyone in your neighborhood on every issue under the sun?

You might as well call this thread "Why do people disagree?" instead of turning it into a beacon for Christ haters like you have.

You are right...It's not every Muslim that commits acts of terrorism against those who don't agree with them. It's not every Jew that bulldozes the homes of the Palastine people. Only the most Extremely Dangerous and Hateful members of these and other organizations would even consider such actions against others simply for differences of opinion. That is the whole point which I thought was quite clear. Stop reducing everything into simple this or that thinking. People obviously have a range of thinking most of which is not outright attacks upon others. However there are those within most all groups which become so narrow minded and jaded that they become nothing but source for delivering pain and suffering upon those they choose to deserving of such actions. At the same time they detract from the message which they are now polluting with their hate.

This is anything but a Beacon of Christ Haters. Once again, somehow your interpretation of the topic has somehow reversed the actual message. I've said from the start that my point here is actually an attempt to defend Christians in general by pointing out that this current movement in society which is so negative toward Christianity is being pushed by so called Radical Christians themselves. A small fringe sect of people who claim the title of Christianity who by their actions are destroying any and all good which may come from those who follow Christ and his teachings. Ironic how even when a Non Christian like myself tries to stand by Christians and speak good about them, it's not long before some Radical Christian comes along to argue without realizing the message that is trying to be put forth. Or maybe they do understand the message and simply want to destroy it, since their motive seems to be to destroy the same Religious Ideas which they claim to follow.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

You are right...It's not every Muslim that commits acts of terrorism against those who don't agree with them. It's not every Jew that bulldozes the homes of the Palastine people. Only the most Extremely Dangerous and Hateful members of these and other organizations would even consider such actions against others simply for differences of opinion. That is the whole point which I thought was quite clear. Stop reducing everything into simple this or that thinking. People obviously have a range of thinking most of which is not outright attacks upon others. However there are those within most all groups which become so narrow minded and jaded that they become nothing but source for delivering pain and suffering upon those they choose to deserving of such actions. At the same time they detract from the message which they are now polluting with their hate.

This is anything but a Beacon of Christ Haters. Once again, somehow your interpretation of the topic has somehow reversed the actual message. I've said from the start that my point here is actually an attempt to defend Christians in general by pointing out that this current movement in society which is so negative toward Christianity is being pushed by so called Radical Christians themselves. A small fringe sect of people who claim the title of Christianity who by their actions are destroying any and all good which may come from those who follow Christ and his teachings. Ironic how even when a Non Christian like myself tries to stand by Christians and speak good about them, it's not long before some Radical Christian comes along to argue without realizing the message that is trying to be put forth. Or maybe they do understand the message and simply want to destroy it, since their motive seems to be to destroy the same Religious Ideas which they claim to follow.

Well said

You either are, or you aren't...and if you aren't, your actions can still be Christ-inspired...that message has been lost to the obsessively-minded who love winding a ball of string so tight, there is only one place to go...fundament...happens in most religions...with varying results...

Å99

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I think Jesus said Christians would always have a bad name on account of people's hatred for Him.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately there are 'haters' in all walks of life. I cannot explain why this is. It is just the way the human condition is. We all know this. It is not just Christians....it is in ALL societies.

There are hateful people in all walks of life. The same people will not claim to be hatefull and some will even claim to have high moral standards and even criticize others.

It isn't fair to single out Christians in this. That could be considered slightly 'hateful' in itself.

We all know this is the case, it is a part of life and we should be thankful we are not like them. Seeing people like this should make the rest of us strive to be better than them.

Again we have another thread pointing out something that exists in all walks of human society but just aiming at Christians. Well done.!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Many Christians follow the Written Word alone, not The Spoken Word, too.

Some take the Bible, and reckon, "Hey, Jesus died for us, we are free, no matter what" and don't do anything to live to be Christ-like. Just go on living their daily lives and believe they are saved, even though they walk through life being blind and deaf. Others read the Scripture, as it was written by men with guidance of The Holy Spirit, and still seek to live in Christ as The Holy Spirit guides us. That is to live by guidance in The Holy Spirit to seek, trust and obey. To hear and listen, to look and see i.e; In Spirit. And only by pure devotion in prayer can this be achieved. Hours of meditation, seek seek seek!

It is shocking the amount of churches not teaching what they should. Money money money.

As a Christian i won't judge non believers. I hate the sin, i don't hate the sinner, as God wants me too. I don't have a right to judge man, as i myself struggle in flesh. BUT, I will judge/tell if a person who says they are Christian and do something that is not of God. I do expect to be judged/told if i do something wrong so that i may see and learn. We are in flesh, we mess up.

At times i do respect the outspoken Christians, as i would rather keep quiet on certain topics involving homosexuality etc. But. I will have my say if our Creator, Christ & The Holy Spirit gets dragged down. For if people argue about sins of the flesh, of man, i choose to stay away.

Many people think it is easy to be a TRUE Christian. I will tell you, it is not easy at all. The spiritual battles, arguing with man, with your own desires of the flesh. That is why many Christians fail to walk the narrow path. Their heart is in the right place, but their souls are still lost. They are still blind & deaf. But, everyone will at time get a calling from The Holy Spirit. It is up to oneself to answer and obey.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It seems to be very "in" at the moment to knock Christianity, but perhaps people who enjoy doing this should stop for a wile and think about one think. All countries that give people freedom of choose , perhaps the most important of these been the freedom to bitch and rant have been countries which have a basis of Christianity, All muslem countries have very few freedom compared to the countries where Christianity is strong. Try going to a muslem country and start bitching and ranting.
The more i read or hear people bitching and ranting the more im sure i live in a country where freedom still lives thanks in no small part to Christianity. So keep bitching and ranting as you for fill an important task letting us know were are still free , but remember where the seeds for that freedom came from.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I couldn't watch all the video, people like that make me physically sick to my stomach.

I'd rather watch a video of baby seals getting clubbed to death.

*Note sarcasm*

I like nice Christians who respect others beliefs, I like most people full stop.

With this lot, I wish them nothing but ill will.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

. . . I wish them nothing but ill will.

Christians are better than that.
We do not hate people even if they commit despicable and revolting sins.
We want them to repent and be saved because we love them.
It is a sad but true reality that those who do not, will burn in Hell.
We just want to point that out in a loving way.
The Gay army of Satan wants to shut down that voice of God by labeling it Hate Speech, and do not care about real freedom, just the "freedom" to sin without being made to feel uncomfortable.
It will be very uncomfortable in Hell, that is more concerning to us saved and righteous Christians.
We are just better than you and that just steams you.
Sorry about that but it is the undeniable truth.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by Fromabove

As a Christian, telling the people of this world that they are sinning does no good. God judges and since right now this world does not belong to the Christian, the only thing we are told to do for them is to tell them how to get saved.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, as is unmarried sex, as is adultery, as is sex with animals, relatives, your mother or father, etc. The only sex that is sanctioned by God is one between a man and a woman in marriage.

So, if there is judging to be done, God, and the Bible are quite able to do that. The video shows a futile struggle with the world using the tactics of the world. Not really a good idea. Christians win their battles through prayer and one soul at a time, through love.

You don't have to tell people that they're sinning, you have to tell them that there's an escape from it. And that way is Jesus.

The people you are preaching to do not believe in the bible, you are the one that believes. Maybe if you showed them love, and then showed them the error of their ways, you might be more successful. The bible cannot be judgemental, it is inanimate, and for some of us, your god does not exist, so cannot judge either.

In fact the Bible is the inspired Word of God to mankind to every true Christian. And that Word does judge what is sin and what is the penalty for sin. It also offers salvation and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

To the world, that is, those to whom reject the authority of God and are there own gods, to them, the Bible is but mere foolishness as is God. One cannot reason with such people as the things of God are only understood by the people of God.

As for love, I show them love. I will never bless their sin, nor will I approve of their sin. And I will tell them if asked, what the Bible really says about their sin. Love doesn't mean let them die alone in their sin, it means telling people the truth because of love. So, yes, I love them as I would any human being.

And lastly, to me it never matters if others believe that my God exists. What others believe about God is irrelevant to me because to me He does and my entire world view is based on Him and His Word. And if I do judge, the Bible says to do so rightly, that is, simply saying what the Bible says about a matter of sin and not my own personal feelings about it. God is judge, and He has told us what He considers offensive to Him. And in the end that's the bottom line.

One more thing. The people in the video are wrong to do what they are doing, and that is not the way to judge or spread love.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join