It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Scripture for the day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

jeramie
Let's see, here. Since the religious threads are usually bombarded with negativity and rude remarks, I shall come to this atheist thread to spread love and hope from the Word of God.

John 3:16(AKJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 34:18(AKJV)
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Revelation 21:4(AKJV)
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Luke 15:7(AKJV)
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

1 John 4:4(AKJV)
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

John 14:1-3(AKJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Psalm 16:11(AKJV)
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

www.remnantofgod.org...

If anybody wants to accept the Lord into their heart, I pray you will go to this link to see how you can go about doing that:

www.remnantofgod.org...

God bless

edit on 1-9-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

See this is whats wrong with christians. They dont have anything original to say. Instead of saying something from your heart, you just spout off the bible. That makes you a tool.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by cass1dy09

How many religious bashing threads are you going to make already? Can't you get this "scripture" through without taking shots at the believers?
How many religious posts are you going to make already?
Do you honestly not see the problems with your 'belief'? That's on you, not on us Agnostics, Atheists, and Seekers.

reply to post by JDmOKI

You sound bitter and upset about something and are trying to get back at the "Religious people" who don't think "logically or rationally"
What you fail to understand is that you are making the problem worse.....
don't feed the trolls people
YOU sound bitter and upset that your religion is being proven useless, wrong, and lame.
You are NOT being logical or rational, and the world is falling apart because people like you don't want to step up and take action. :shk: "We'll just wait for Jesus to return, and meanwhile, we'll just look away from all the things we could be doing, but....but....won't, cuz, well, Jesus will be here soon to do it for us."
REALLY?

reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Oh yes you will get on here and bash Christians all day, please explain the prophecy that has been fulfilled in the Bible your so called faith in the rational, and please dont post the failed prophecies from rationalwiki. They dont even site sources for that information because they know its horse #. I am pretty sure you were in one of my threads and left when i hit you with arguments and situations you couldnt rationalize away
Wow. You all just really don't get it, do you?
He's not here, and he's not coming.
IT IS UP TO US, THE HUMANS HERE NOW....TO FIX THIS!!!
*slaps forehead in frustration*

edit on 1-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Hey dont worry about those tools, they arent Rainbow warriors. They will never be. They just dont get it. They would rather pray about something, than help thier fellow human and band together.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

JDmOKI
reply to post by jiggerj

I know this thread is old but don't try to act righteous when you are obviously trolling the religious forum. I have a sixth troll sense given to me by Jesus/Buddha/Sun god

Trolling or not he is right. You guys attacked him. What a good christian you are! Good boy! You want treat?!!

Sit..sit...now shut up.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

HA i'm not Christian! nice job sticking up to an obvious trolls! what a good human being! now go back to your hole with the rest of the trolls! GOOD BOY! blindly sticking up for people who think like you, who are obviously posting threads with venom as an intent.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

jeramie
Let's see, here. Since the religious threads are usually bombarded with negativity and rude remarks, I shall come to this atheist thread to spread love and hope from the Word of God.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

www.remnantofgod.org...

If anybody wants to accept the Lord into their heart, I pray you will go to this link to see how you can go about doing that:

www.remnantofgod.org...

God bless

See this is whats wrong with christians. They dont have anything original to say. Instead of saying something from your heart, you just spout off the bible. That makes you a tool.

Cheers.

Cheers! you sound like a tool! CHEERS!

Thats a problem with atheists, they are unable to have a healthy conversation with anyone with differing opinions without insulting their intelligence. sound like people you claim to hate so much? Yes, you sound like an idiot

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What happened to everyone being monkeys who are constantly craping and jerking off? When did you get this lofty idea of man that you are espousing in this thread?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

JDmOKI

Tylerdurden1

jeramie

www.remnantofgod.org...

www.remnantofgod.org...

God bless

Cheers.

Thats a problem with atheists, they are unable to have a healthy conversation with anyone with differing opinions without insulting their intelligence. sound like people you claim to hate so much? Yes, you sound like an idiot

Yeah well, speaking of tools.
Can't you post without name calling?

I really like the premise of the thread and appreciate the "scripture." At least it's uplifting, makes sense and doesn't ask us to go sacrifice our eldest son or stone people for adultry.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

JDmOKI

HA i'm not Christian! nice job sticking up to an obvious trolls! what a good human being! now go back to your hole with the rest of the trolls! GOOD BOY! blindly sticking up for people who think like you, who are obviously posting threads with venom as an intent.

You need to remove your brain from your butt.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

JDmOKI

Tylerdurden1

jeramie

www.remnantofgod.org...

www.remnantofgod.org...

God bless

Cheers.

Awww, Im so hurt. So are you athiest or religious? Just curious, because I dont believe in god. What do you believe in? Or are you too dumb to have a thought of your own?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
JDmOKI,

You have a question directed to you in post #7.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think this is fun! I like to watch people get worked up.

Psssss...word on the street is religion faith and theology are a bunch of tools to get you sheep in line.

Want to do the world a favor? Start thinking for yourselves. Drop that outdated book. Instead of packing yourselves into a church like sardines, go out and feed the homeless from your own house.

Thats more christ like than anything. Stop spouting bible verse like a robot.
Donating to your church isnt fixing the problem now is it?

I have fed the homeless directly from my own pocket, why dont you? Are you afraid of getting your hands dirty?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You are still generalizing billions of normal religious people who just wish to do good and practice their religion. You speak as if no one that is religious has ever done anything good.

I'm just calling out Atheists for their complete and blinding HYPOCRISY, which is the one thing i hate the most in this world.

I would call out religious people for the same thing

and you still sound like an a## and the way you post I wouldn't even have a conversation like this with you in RL. You just insult people who oppose your views and then I have to come on ATS drunk and post hateful posts towards you. This thread is a fail anyways

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm agnostic. I admit to myself that i know nothing and only wish to learn from all angles of life, and that includes religion. I'm humble in learning and RESPECT everyone that deserves it. You know the GOLDEN RULE but your probably against that since Jesus preached it and he was an idiot/fake/alien

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rstrats

Yes, some people choose to believe in a higher power due to their environment, family, influences. We're all a product of the environment we are born into, but it doesn't have to be seen as negative. I'm an all paths lead to God type of person and believe that all people know right from wrong, even Atheists.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
JDmOKI,

re: "Yes..."

Are you able to consciously CHOOSE to believe things?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rstrats

yes, don't Christians teach freewill?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

JDmOKI

You are still generalizing billions of normal religious people who just wish to do good and practice their religion. You speak as if no one that is religious has ever done anything good.

I'm just calling out Atheists for their complete and blinding HYPOCRISY, which is the one thing i hate the most in this world.

I would call out religious people for the same thing

and you still sound like an a## and the way you post I wouldn't even have a conversation like this with you in RL. You just insult people who oppose your views and then I have to come on ATS drunk and post hateful posts towards you. This thread is a fail anyways

I know there are some good religious people out there, I have met them. What Im saying is the bible is the problem. All that talk and no action. They tell you to give your money to the church, which uses a portion of that to pay for the bulding and upkeep or what not.

So instead of paying for a building, pay for a meal DIRECTLY to the person who needs it. Soup kitchens are fine and all but only a portion of that money goes to that.

Immagine, your 10% with everyone elses being put directly into what its needed for. Thats a whole lot of money! Have your service under a tree, or in a parking lot...you dont need a church for that!

So much money is being made in his name and a lot of it is getting misspent. Money getting spent on shipping and handeling of stuff that most churches SELL in their gift shops! They SELL thier own bible for profit. Dont you think thats wrong? Just becuase it has jesus written on it doesnt make it okay to do that.

I was religious once, then I started to look at the other side of things. The side that sees all this money being made from people going to church, then seeing that money squandered on gold cups to be drank from. Expensive cars for the preachers, and gigantic mega churches of brain washed people to shuffle into because its their "christian duty".

I see people helping others....not because they want to, becuase lets face it homeless people are looked at a scum, and thats just you guys, but everyone is doing that...most christians do it because its thier "duty".

You have masses of people that represent YOU, talking crap about gay people and telling people what to do with thier bodie's, calling people siners and whores. They represent you. Wether you like it or not. So why not oust those people?

You have christian rock groups making a billion or so a year on record sales. Profiting off of it. Nobody says anything, because its about jesus. If jesus was alive today he would be pissed, because it pissed me off and turned me away from religion.

Jesus t-shirts, holy water, holy oil, jesus mugs, greeting card and even the bible are sold FOR PROFIT. Doesnt that piss you off even a little bit?

Take that information, and step out of the madness and see that all religions make a huge profit, and pay no taxes, and there are still hungry people in YOUR TOWN OR CITY. With all that money being tossed around you figure that would be solved by now, and we could move on.

I see comments every day from christians, there passive agressive attacks on people, "Well I dont hate you, but you shoud get right with god, so you can go to heaven".

I hear about chistians kicking their gay kids out of the house for being gay, their religion and that sick book has DONE THAT TO THEM. Anyone with a heart, or just some understanding would feel bad. They dont and then they dont talk to their kids for years and years, and when they do? They make them uncomfortable, or throw money at them so they dont have to see them.

I see christians PRAYING OVER CANCER, then hearing aobut the kid dieing because they thought god would take care of it. Doesnt that make you angry? Whas that gods will? To have that child suffer because his or her parents were too stupid to break away from that book and get the care that child needed?

Is it gods will to have sick people mollest children, abuse them and generally mistreat them? Is it gods will to let war mongers kill millions of people? Whats the plan on that one? Then you say "oh well thats just man that did all those things" REALLY??!!

Those things are the most horrible things ever, why cant god just stop that? Is it more of that gods will cop out crap? That is a tottal cop out!

"Well that just gods will" translates to me as "I dont know but Im going to say something vauge because I need to be right".

You have no answers, you dont know, and neither do I. Based on what I have said, what would be your opinion on gods will and plan? To have people suffer? Why? Why doesnt he just come down give us a spanking and let us know he is watching? That would stop all wars, all hunger and everything!

No, it has to be vauge enough to use it in various ways to suit christians agendas.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

JDmOKI,

re: "yes..."

Perhaps you can help me, then. I have never been able to consciously CHOOSE any of the beliefs that I have and I would like to be able to do that. Since you say that you can consciously CHOOSE to believe things, I wonder if you might explain how you do it. What do you do at the last moment to instantly change your one state of belief to another? What is it that you do that would allow you to say, "OK, at this moment I have a lack of belief that 'x' exists or is true, but I CHOOSE to believe that 'x' exists or is true and now instantly at this new moment I do believe that 'x' exists or is true"?

Maybe you could use something like leprechauns to demonstrate your ability and technique. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, a leprechaun is "fairy peculiar to Ireland, who appeared in the form of an old man of minute stature, wearing a cocked hat and a leather apron" and who stores a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and if ever captured has to grant 3 wishes. So, assuming that you don't already have a belief in them, how about right now, while you are reading this, CHOOSE to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that they exist. Now that you believe in leprechauns, my question is, how did you do it? How did you make the instantaneous transition from lack of belief to belief?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

JDmOKI
reply to post by rstrats

Yes, some people choose to believe in a higher power due to their environment, family, influences. We're all a product of the environment we are born into, but it doesn't have to be seen as negative. I'm an all paths lead to God type of person and believe that all people know right from wrong, even Atheists.

Im believe in the same thing as you do. There is no one way. So my diatribe doesnt apply to you in the religious sense, but that is why I dont like religion.

Gave you a star.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rstrats

Well i don't think it has to be as extreme... I believe that humans know what is right and wrong and as long as we do things without pride or envy we can be great beings on this earth. I'm no theologian but the golden rule is the best religion to live by. treat others the way you would like to be treated. Jesus taught this and you really can't go wrong.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join