It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Scripture for the day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm going to post in this thread occasionally a different atheist belief that I am thinking of for the day.

Have FAITH in your fellow man, that someone somewhere will do right by you.

Do not wait for an imaginary invisible friend to help you, protect you, or give you wisdom. But, gather unto yourselves the wise, the patient, and the giving; and emulate them as best you can. Remember, there is only one imaginary invisible friend, but there are potentially 7 billion real friends that can actually help you, protect you, and give you wisdom.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How many religious bashing threads are you going to make already? Can't you get this "scripture" through without taking shots at the believers?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

LMAO!!

I like it!

S&F

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
How many religious bashing threads are you going to make already? Can't you get this "scripture" through without taking shots at the believers?

How many threads are the religious going to make??? Shouldn't we have equal time to share what's true and real and logical? The religious insist that atheism is also a religion. So, I'm claiming my religious freedom to spread the word. You wouldn't want to deny me my religious freedom, would ya? Nahhhhh.
edit on 9/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yet you're perfectly OK with alienating yourself from people who choose to believe in a higher power. You poke fun at people who THINK differently then yourself.

This is why I hate atheism and i don't even believe in god. I think I really just hate hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Never mind I regret posting anything. You sound bitter and upset about something and are trying to get back at the "Religious people" who don't think "logically or rationally"

What you fail to understand is that you are making the problem worse and once atheist get into arguments with religious people they automatically regress back into the mindset they claim to hate with devoted passion.

hence the multiple threads you make trying to bring out the religious.

don't feed the trolls people

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
JDmOKI,

re: "Yet you're perfectly OK with alienating yourself from people who choose to believe in a higher power."

Is there any implication in your statement that you think that a person has the ability to consciously CHOOSE to believe - be convinced without doubt - that someone or something does or doesn't exist, or that a certain proposition is or isn't true?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Atheism is a religion? I honestly didn't know that. Since when? So, evolution isn't a fact, it's a religion? Are there any tax free Atheist buildings and such?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A grumpy, old man with an atheist crusade. Only on ATS, folks!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh my dear, dear theists,

Though you persecute me I harbor no ill-will toward any of you. I know that there is no sky father directing your contempt upon me, stabbing me with your belittling remarks. No, no, no, your slurs and insults come directly from the fact that you are, like me, only human. Though your faith is threatened when met with even the slightest logical proposition, I remain secure in my faith in the rational, provable, and time tested truth.

Now come on, you know you want to. Let's hug.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm a Pastafarian. May the sauce be with you. RAmen.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm a Pastafarian. May the sauce be with you. RAmen.

Tried being a Pastafarian once. I just got too hungry after the prayer.

“Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day, our garlic bread, …and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. RAmen.”

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It is hard. I keep a lot of garlic on hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

But? But that's part of the Atheist agenda, just as all of the other religious texts preach hatred for homosexuals and infidels. You think I'm making this up? Here's a quote from Sam Harris:

George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and Christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd.

Or how about:

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason ~ Ben Franklin

Atheist quotes

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

More quotes from atheists. I love em!

I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. ~ Thomas Jefferson

We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected. ~ Tenzin Gyatso 14th Dalai Lama 1988

Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion. ~ Jon Stewart (Daily Show)

It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand ~ Mark Twain

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Oh my dear, dear theists,

Though you persecute me I harbor no ill-will toward any of you. I know that there is no sky father directing your contempt upon me, stabbing me with your belittling remarks. No, no, no, your slurs and insults come directly from the fact that you are, like me, only human. Though your faith is threatened when met with even the slightest logical proposition, I remain secure in my faith in the rational, provable, and time tested truth.

Now come on, you know you want to. Let's hug.

Oh yes you will get on here and bash Christians all day, please explain the prophecy that has been fulfilled in the Bible your so called faith in the rational, and please dont post the failed prophecies from rationalwiki. They dont even site sources for that information because they know its horse #. I am pretty sure you were in one of my threads and left when i hit you with arguments and situations you couldnt rationalize away

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Oh yes you will get on here and bash Christians all day, please explain the prophecy that has been fulfilled in the Bible your so called faith in the rational, I am pretty sure you were in one of my threads and left when i hit you with arguments and situations you couldnt rationalize away

I probably left because I was tired, or I couldn't understand what you were getting at - like now. Explain the prophecy that has been fulfilled in the bible your so called faith in the rational.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"with" your rational faith left out a word my bad, and no those threads are pretty clear.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
reply to post by jiggerj

"with" your rational faith left out a word my bad, and no those threads are pretty clear.

Oh I see. I believe I did a knock up job of explaining prophecies in that thread (or some other thread - my memory is going!).

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Oh yes you will get on here and bash Christians

Here is the difference, ServantOfTheLamb. When I reply in religious threads I focus on the topic, not the person. I only attack the wrong-thinking, not the thinker because no one has all the answers.

Yet, I make an atheist thread and all the religious attack me personally, or whine about me posting another opposing view. They never debate the ideas that I offer. Even though this is a flaming testament to their immaturity I still have hope for them. Logic and reason must always come out on top, or we are doomed to kill each other off in the name of a god.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join