It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Scripture for the day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't feel bad... the same thing happens in religious threads when debating the holes in Christianity...

When backed into a corner they lean towards insults and slander...

Preach on Good sir...

Or should I say reverend?

edit on 1-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Let's see, here. Since the religious threads are usually bombarded with negativity and rude remarks, I shall come to this atheist thread to spread love and hope from the Word of God.

John 3:16(AKJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 34:18(AKJV)
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Revelation 21:4(AKJV)
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Luke 15:7(AKJV)
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

1 John 4:4(AKJV)
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

John 14:1-3(AKJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Psalm 16:11(AKJV)
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

www.remnantofgod.org...

If anybody wants to accept the Lord into their heart, I pray you will go to this link to see how you can go about doing that:

www.remnantofgod.org...

God bless

edit on 1-9-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

How many religious bashing threads are you going to make already? Can't you get this "scripture" through without taking shots at the believers?
How many religious posts are you going to make already?
Do you honestly not see the problems with your 'belief'? That's on you, not on us Agnostics, Atheists, and Seekers.

reply to post by JDmOKI

You sound bitter and upset about something and are trying to get back at the "Religious people" who don't think "logically or rationally"
What you fail to understand is that you are making the problem worse.....
don't feed the trolls people
YOU sound bitter and upset that your religion is being proven useless, wrong, and lame.
You are NOT being logical or rational, and the world is falling apart because people like you don't want to step up and take action. :shk: "We'll just wait for Jesus to return, and meanwhile, we'll just look away from all the things we could be doing, but....but....won't, cuz, well, Jesus will be here soon to do it for us."
REALLY?

reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Oh yes you will get on here and bash Christians all day, please explain the prophecy that has been fulfilled in the Bible your so called faith in the rational, and please dont post the failed prophecies from rationalwiki. They dont even site sources for that information because they know its horse #. I am pretty sure you were in one of my threads and left when i hit you with arguments and situations you couldnt rationalize away
Wow. You all just really don't get it, do you?
He's not here, and he's not coming.
IT IS UP TO US, THE HUMANS HERE NOW....TO FIX THIS!!!
*slaps forehead in frustration*

edit on 1-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Let's see, here. Since the religious threads are usually bombarded with negativity and rude remarks, I shall come to this atheist thread to spread love and hope from the Word of God.

See, the thing is....
when some of us see "Bible verses" included in a post, we just skip right over them, because we don't believe they mean anything. (I, at least, just skip over them. They mean NOTHING to me.)

"The Bible is all true because .... the Bible says it is true"
Sorry, but, that isn't the case.

Thanks for playing, though.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Let's see, here. Since the religious threads are usually bombarded with negativity and rude remarks, I shall come to this atheist thread to spread love and hope from the Word of God. John 3:16(AKJV) 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hi jeramie. Unfortunately everything (EVERY SINGLE WORD) of your reply is absolutely meaningless. It says nothing, proves nothing, and quite frankly is absurd. Take just this passage you quoted. Do you think you can commit a crime and simply toss your sin onto some imaginary scapegoat? Just snap your fingers, do a little happy dance and get on with your life? Uh-uh!

That doesn't fly in the real world, my friend. In the religion of atheism only you are accountable for your actions. Forgiveness for your sins against man is a heavy burden that must be worked off with the possibility of doing time in prison, then working hard every day for YEARS to prove that you are truly worthy of respect and to be trusted once again.

Do you think we would ever forgive a pedophile for raping a baby? This man would have to move mountains for even a sliver of forgiveness. Maybe him saving a busload of children from dying would do it. And that's still a huge maybe. In the fantasy world, however, this man can just yell, "I BELIEVE IN JESUS!" and POOF! It's magic! He gets a one-way ticket to paradise! There is no word for just how ridiculous that belief is.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Luke 15:7(AKJV) 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Oh and look at this passage! Isn't it wonderful, Jeremy, that you could live a good and sin free life and that pedophile I described gets more joy in heaven than you! Can you say I-N-S-A-N-E? I knew you could.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A 1 year old baby got shot in a stroller in NY tonight and OP wants us to have faith (know you hate that word) in the fellow man. Don't forget to say your prayers to Obama tonight before you goto bed
edit on 2-9-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by cass1dy09

How many religious bashing threads are you going to make already? Can't you get this "scripture" through without taking shots at the believers?
How many religious posts are you going to make already?
Do you honestly not see the problems with your 'belief'? That's on you, not on us Agnostics, Atheists, and Seekers.

reply to post by JDmOKI

You sound bitter and upset about something and are trying to get back at the "Religious people" who don't think "logically or rationally"
What you fail to understand is that you are making the problem worse.....
don't feed the trolls people
YOU sound bitter and upset that your religion is being proven useless, wrong, and lame.
You are NOT being logical or rational, and the world is falling apart because people like you don't want to step up and take action. :shk: "We'll just wait for Jesus to return, and meanwhile, we'll just look away from all the things we could be doing, but....but....won't, cuz, well, Jesus will be here soon to do it for us."
REALLY?

reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Oh yes you will get on here and bash Christians all day, please explain the prophecy that has been fulfilled in the Bible your so called faith in the rational, and please dont post the failed prophecies from rationalwiki. They dont even site sources for that information because they know its horse #. I am pretty sure you were in one of my threads and left when i hit you with arguments and situations you couldnt rationalize away
Wow. You all just really don't get it, do you?
He's not here, and he's not coming.
IT IS UP TO US, THE HUMANS HERE NOW....TO FIX THIS!!!
*slaps forehead in frustration*

2 peter
Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Wow look you were talked about in Scripture yourself my friend.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by jeramie

Luke 15:7(AKJV) 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Oh and look at this passage! Isn't it wonderful, Jeremy, that you could live a good and sin free life and that pedophile I described gets more joy in heaven than you! Can you say I-N-S-A-N-E? I knew you could.

Pedophiles exist because of our sin nature, and therefore it is no different then lying to God. Just like being Gay is in our sin nature, and might very well be something that is beyond a persons control. That is why we need to be saved by grace is because we all fall miserably below the standards of spiritual righteousness no matter how hard we try. This is precisely the reason Jesus said Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple." One who knows God understands that they are no better than a murder or a pedophile because they too are sinners in Gods eyes, so if I deny pedophiles entrance to heaven or Gay people then God should deny me entrance to heaven when I get there because I am no better.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
A 1 year old baby got shot in a stroller in NY tonight and OP wants us to have faith (know you hate that word) in the fellow man. Don't forget to say your prayers to Obama tonight before you goto bed

Oh look! God orders mass genocide in the Bible!

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.

If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.

Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19

When we find out who did this we should destroy the entire town that the perp lives in!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

LOL

edit on 2-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

LOL

Your point doesn't escape me.

I call this one Eva the Believa

And the clip below is the 'If you open your mind too much' song.

edit on 9/2/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

LOL

I think I get your point, Spartacus. People should keep an open mind, right? Well, there is an opposing view to that belief. I posted it here:

Wrote lyrics to a song, 'I Believe'

edit on 9/2/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here is an Atheist thought.

Whenever morals are questioned, Atheist's do not turn to a historical book of books for their answers. Morals are dynamic and are in a constant state of change, like History and Science are. For example, morals in America were quite different only 50 years ago than they are today. Plus, morals change once you cross geographical borders.

Anyway, believers do not understand how it is that Atheists can have ideals without the guidance of a God. It seems that this is the only thing that all religions agree on. When believers say "What would Jesus do?" What that means is they are looking for an answer to a moral question. What happens when that moral question wasn't answered in a book of books? As I understand it, a God then guides them, apparently.

Well, I am always running into new "right or wrong" situations and often have to question "what should I do in this particular situation?". I mean, I want to do the right thing, but I just don't know if it's right or wrong. Since I do not acknowledge Gods, I will often turn to a tune, a refrain, or a personal Psalm if you will.

"What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" So what would I do for a Klondike Bar?

Would I have sex for a Klondike Bar? Depends on who is giving me the Klondike Bar.

Would I commit murder for a Klondike Bar? If I were starving, I would probably commit murder for a Hersheys Kiss.

Would I beat someone up and steal their purse for a Klondike Bar? No, the Klondike Bar would melt before I could eat it.

Would I stick my fingers in a light socket for a Klondike Bar? Yes, even though my parents taught me that it was wrong and slapped my hands for it, YES, I would do it for a Klondike Bar. I love Klondikes that much.

Would I burn someone to a crisp on a BBQ spit for not having my Klondike Bar? No, dead or alive, I still wouldn't get my Klondike Bar.

In other words, the Atheist integrity is shaped by logic. Not by a book of books and certainly not by thinking "what would Jesus do?". Nothing is set in stone for us. It's simple. An Atheists moral compass is guided on a case by case basis set of circumstances. Does any of that make sense?

End of Atheist thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I wanted to add. I would have butt sex for a Klondike bar. I like butt sex Klondike Bars that much!!!!
edit on 2-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No he cant. He gets his rocks off for his maliciousness and pretending to be a benevolent "angel" of light.

Kinda reminds me of satan.

He's also bad at being atheist. A true atheist couldn't be bothered with caring less about other people or what they believe, they only live in the moment for themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000

A true atheist couldn't be bothered with caring less about other people or what they believe, they only live in the moment for themselves.

That's kinda not true. Atheists care what people believe. God people govern and ruin whole countries based on... well I don't know, a book of books and superstition I suppose. So yea, Atheists care what God people believe, especially when they are the ones making laws.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No he cant. He gets his rocks off for his maliciousness and pretending to be a benevolent "angel" of light.

Kinda reminds me of satan.

He's also bad at being atheist. A true atheist couldn't be bothered with caring less about other people or what they believe, they only live in the moment for themselves.

Open your eyes, LW. You are the ones persecuting me. I have NEVER said anything so personal and so insulting to anyone. But I guess that goes with the territory. God must compel the religious to bash those of a different opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't understand. I'm the problem when I hold Atheists accountable for being rude to people with differing beliefs.... WOW what world do you live in? If we all just reject religion and admit that being religious is stupid, dumb and ignorant we can all live in peace in our Atheist Utopian society? Atheist are becoming what they hate the most, unable to have rational construction conversation without regressing into high school conversation levels.

If you think poking fun or mocking someoneS beliefs is OK you have become what you claim to hate.

HYPOCRISY = THE NEW ATHEIST MOVEMENT

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I know this thread is old but don't try to act righteous when you are obviously trolling the religious forum. I have a sixth troll sense given to me by Jesus/Buddha/Sun god

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join