It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy proves God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Incredibly vague predictions without any expiry dates are not worth the goat skin they were scribbled on.

If you want to impress someone with a prediction or 'prophecy', give specific times, dates and places.

I've yet to come across a biblical prophecy that gives such specifics, could you quote one maybe?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971

respectfully, If you dont believe it then why you in this thread?

This states it is for believers to discus.

Create your own thread if you want to discus your dis belief.

Much respect

The whole idea of "discussion forums" is discussion, which inevitably means opposing and alternate views, as long as people are not being personal or insulting and are generally obeying the rules, why would such a request be relevant? It seems you are after a platform from which to preach and discuss religion without any alternate view. This is basically censorship. There are plenty of christian websites where such beliefs will be safe from being challenged.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

I have read the Bible twice and can see clearly that spread over many thousands of years the Prophesy of The Messiah was given.

There are other accounts written in the Bible that people do not generally refer to.

The account of Abraham being told to sacrifice his son Isaac and then at the last moment being told not to is a very clear SIGN to me.

That is why The FATHER chose Abraham because Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only Son from his marriage who he loved so much at God's command. There is no explanation given as to why this happened in Hebrew terms. Yet if we view it in Christian terms it becomes obvious what God was doing. Of course The LORD never made Abraham actually do that yet HE had to do it. As above so below, as below so above. That is what The Magem David is all about. The LORD was willing to have Isaac substituted for an animal and that would be the sacrifice until His Son had to come to pay The Price.

Jesus' whole life was The Story of Israel. Notice how He was born with the animals, how He spent His childhood in Egypt, the forty days in the wilderness and ultimately being sacrificed by The High Priest at Jerusalem. yet this time there could be no animal substitute. Christ Himself had to be the sacrificial Lamb of God.

How can one fulfil all the Hebrew Prophesies and yet be something entirely new and different to the tradition from which they came? How could men pull something like that off? No way!

The LORD was testing Abraham as the representative of the human race; would any of His Creation be willing to sacrifice their son for Him? Yes, one man was willing and had enough faith in The LORD to do that.

On that account we should all be thankful to Abraham because it is he who allowed for Jesus to come for us so that we have the opportunity to be saved. God did this to Abraham because HE knew what would happen to His Only Begotten Son; that by sending Him to earth He would be sacrificed by humanity.

This has always stuck out so obviously in TORAH Torah!

Aside that we have read about the Messiah riding on a donkey, the colt of an ass into Jerusalem. How humble is that? One would not expect a King to do that. No other King did do it because they were not meek enough. Only Jesus has ever done that.

A lot of my belief about Jesus comes from all those Torah prophesies and others about Him. They were given as signs of how we would recognise Him. That is how His Disciples recognised Him.

It is easy to say that they made Him up and put all the Prophesies together, but I do not think anyone could have pulled off a lie like that and had many people die for their belief in a lie at the hands of the Romans.

I believe that Jesus of Nazareth is The King of The Jews. He is the Saviour and Messiah of all mankind.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Revolution9 because: clarification.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Revolution9 because: clarification.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I live in a fishing community here in UK. Fisherman are very tough people; they are hard natured and fearless men.

Try going to that kind of a man and convince them you are The Son of God!!! No chance. Yet Jesus managed that.

There is a pattern in The Bible that works on so many fronts. There is no way that men could have made up such an intensely interrelated "Thread" spanning thousands of years of changes in culture and dwelling place.

The Hebrews were a humble people sandwiched between two massive empires. It is a miracle alone that they survived as a people to this day after all the attempts by the world to destroy them.

Men would not have done it like GOD did it. Men always choose the glorious way; GOD chooses the meek and humble way EVERY TIME!

I AM meek and I AM lowly. That is OUR FATHER!

edit on 31-8-2013 by Revolution9 because: punctuation.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling and clarification.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The problem with prophecy is that meaning is always changed to later justify a version of events. For instance, a prophecy that starts as 70 years becomes 700 years (because we meant God Years Yo!) when the event in question doesn't happen as stated within 70 years. The Jews don't believe in Christ because they are shaking their heads at the liberal misreadings of their holy books in order to see it as prophecy of a Christian Messiah. The English versions don't help as they translate the passages on purpose to fit the reading as a prophecy of Christ, while the Jewish version will be way more ambiguous. And then, writing a story afterwords it is easy to pick and choose to make things fit. I am a prophet. I have this document here where I predicted the winner of every World Series of the last 30 years. What are the chances of that? (easy if I wrote the document just now.)

I do believe in Christ Consciousness. I am closer to the Gnostics than the Synoptic Gospels though.

Mohammad's prophecies came true also.

Tibetans had many prophecies that came true.

Can we ever objectively view these?

No..

It is easy to rewrite the story to fit interpretation and circumstances.

All 3 brothers (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam,) need to grow the #### up and learn how to hold their existential weenie like a man. (Apologies to the feminine in advance for that metaphor.)

I used to rag Masons... Yet.. It is the fundies of all 3 male dominated mono-syllabic, I mean theistic, religions who are constantly screwing things up for everyone. More power to Masons and Illuminate and anyone who expects you read Plato, the Dhammapadda, along with your Bible, Koran, and Torah to be an educated world citizen.

I actually have much respect, reverence and awe for Christ, Mohammad and Abraham, be they divine archetypes or real histories.

As their followers (the 3 mono brothers) all cause wars and strife and endless bickering, if the Illumanti really are bad, at least I could hold an intelligent discussion with them while they slit my throat instead of the boring ones the fundies take part in while they do the same thing.
edit on 31-8-2013 by AudioOne because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
[more

2 HOURS!!!! Really.... Come on, even and Angel would just say tell me what its about and the highlights.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Someone's been drinking out of the same cup as Enoch, it looks like. All the claims of proof and none of the product. Did someone change the definition of "proof" while I wasn't looking? People around here seem to think so. Maybe there's a higher meaning to the word that no one is aware of, besides the zealots.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Someone's been drinking out of the same cup as Enoch, it looks like. All the claims of proof and none of the product. Did someone change the definition of "proof" while I wasn't looking? People around here seem to think so. Maybe there's a higher meaning to the word that no one is aware of, besides the zealots.

..- he jumped the gun too early dear AI

..dont be too hard upon him.
Please.

regards,

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

i believe prophecies do exist, the possibility of making it happen just because someone wrote it down, is a lot less then getting it from dreams and angels.
Honestly as Human Beings we cant see everything with our two eyes.We know that bugs see a completely different world than us, dogs are colorblind so its possible that other sentient creatures exist without our physical knowledge.

Originally posted by AudioOne
The problem with prophecy is that meaning is always changed to later justify a version of events. For instance, a prophecy that starts as 70 years becomes 700 years (because we meant God Years Yo!) when the event in question doesn't happen as stated within 70 years. The Jews don't believe in Christ because they are shaking their heads at the liberal misreadings of their holy books in order to see it as prophecy of a Christian Messiah. The English versions don't help as they translate the passages on purpose to fit the reading as a prophecy of Christ, while the Jewish version will be way more ambiguous. And then, writing a story afterwords it is easy to pick and choose to make things fit. I am a prophet. I have this document here where I predicted the winner of every World Series of the last 30 years. What are the chances of that? (easy if I wrote the document just now.)

I do believe in Christ Consciousness. I am closer to the Gnostics than the Synoptic Gospels though.

No..

All 3 brothers (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam,) need to grow the #### up and learn how to hold their existential weenie like a man. (Apologies to the feminine in advance for that metaphor.)

I used to rag Masons... Yet.. It is the fundies of all 3 male dominated mono-syllabic, I mean theistic, religions who are constantly screwing things up for everyone. More power to Masons and Illuminate and anyone who expects you read Plato, the Dhammapadda, along with your Bible, Koran, and Torah to be an educated world citizen.

I actually have much respect, reverence and awe for Christ, Mohammad and Abraham, be they divine archetypes or real histories.

As their followers (the 3 mono brothers) all cause wars and strife and endless bickering, if the Illumanti really are bad, at least I could hold an intelligent discussion with them while they slit my throat instead of the boring ones the fundies take part in while they do the same thing.

Its not the teachings that cause "wars and strife and endless bickering," but actually their own inner desires and the complete ignorance of the text and documents for example,
Crusades and manifest destiny were both sought out for lands and riches, in the disguise of religion.

Jews did not accept him because they could and would not believe that their messiah could be born without a father and second he was against the main power at that time the Pharisees.
Having no father means like you have no name for yourself, no protection from anybody in the tribe.
So when he when Jesus peace be upon him, went after him he was destroying their profits.

The Jews did not follow him because they would not got any protection from following him, the main power at the time was creating lies and conspiring against him and they did want to feel embarrassed by the others who did not want to believe.
edit on 31-8-2013 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
Next time you attempt to give probabilities, you should study some Probablility Theory and how Causality affects it.

If a group of religious people expect something to happen at a certain point in time, or during a specific "event", their eyes will be open for it. "This is the sign!" and "Oh look! There it is!".

You nicely provided 483 years (I believe it was), and referred to a section in the bible as a source, but it did not state that. I wonder what kind of arithmetic is required to put the pieces together to suit one's needs.

When it comes to "what are the chances that this person was born in Bethlehem at that exact point in time?"
What is the chance that Maria travels to Bethlehem from Nazareth to fulfill a prophecy in order to stick to the story? Could it be 100%?
Also, please understand that the time when Jesus was born was definitely not the "right time", if it was, there would be no jews, because they would have no reason to doubt Jesus to be...Jesus.
But if we ignore that fact, Maria still used the opportunity to try get away / solve the problem that she cheated, got raped or got raped while unconscious, by among other things, delivering the baby in Bethlehem to fulfill the prophecy.

What is the likelihood that Jesus got killed? The same as for all other who claimed to be their savior but who wasn't taken to be that.

Please understand that your figures are fundamentally flawed.

Once again the ASA has confirmed the finding about Jesus being the Messiah argue with a Statistical Impossibility all you want it changes nothing.

Seventy weeks are determined upon your people and your Holy City to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most Holy. Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until The Anointed One the Ruler comes there will be seven weeks and sixty two weeks. It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench but in times of trouble. After the sixty two weeks the Anointed One will be cut off and have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue till the end and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with many for one week. In the middle of the week he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the Temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation until the end that is decreed is poured out on him (Daniel 9:24-27).

No prophecy in all of Scripture is more critical to our understanding of the end times than these four verses. A few basic clarifications are in order first, then we’ll interpret the passage verse by verse. The Hebrew word translated weeks (or sevens) refers to a period of 7 years, like the English word decade refers to a period of 10 years. It literally means “a week of years.” So 70 weeks is 70 x 7 years or 490 years. This period is divided into three parts, 7 weeks or 49 years, 62 weeks or 434 years, and 1 week or 7 years. I wont spoon feed you anymore do you own research please.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
honey..... - please lighten up, okay

- you wont draw any soul by being a Smartass

..or trying to lure them into some logical OneWay road

so
instead you try to 'prove' your ówn belief,
please try to show some context about current things.

- dont tell me, you are a Shill...?

regards,

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
Lol questioning Jesus as a person always a good last line of defense for someone who has no factual information.

Never my last line, it is the first thing that should be pointed out to religious zealots. Where christ is concerned, there is no factual information. No more than there is for Romulus or Osiris, probably less than for Robin and his merry men, or King Arthur. I take it the lol is the limit of facts you are able to supply. There is plenty that is claimed to be factual, by people who don't understand the difference between fact and belief.

Well lets use a bit of logic first. If Jesus wasn't real Jews wouldn't have had to argue against his teachings it would have been much easier for them to just say he never existed.

If the you want to be a critic of the Bible dismiss the New Testament as reliable information, then they must also dismiss the reliability of the writings of Plato, Aristotle, Caesar, Homer, and the other authors. On the other hand, if the critics acknowledge the historicity and writings of those other individuals, then they must also retain the historicity and writings of the New Testament authors; after all, the evidence for the New Testament's reliability is far greater than the others. The Christian has substantially superior criteria for affirming the New Testament documents than he does for any other ancient writing. It is good evidence on which to base the trust in the reliability of the New Testament.
Here is a chart of the number of manuscripts for platos and others as compared to the books of the Bible

carm.org...

You seem to be under the misconception the Bible was written to be the Bible by it authors....it is a collection of books and letters that were written by people who were alive in that day, some of which are eye witness testimonies, and involve seeing Jesus so....you in a huge losing battle here

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
Incredibly vague predictions without any expiry dates are not worth the goat skin they were scribbled on.

If you want to impress someone with a prediction or 'prophecy', give specific times, dates and places.

I've yet to come across a biblical prophecy that gives such specifics, could you quote one maybe?

Look into daniels time frame I explained in another post why it is 483 years. He predicted the exact day Jesus would ride in on the donkey

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AudioOne

No..

I have changed nothing I interpret the Bible literally with very few exceptions. The Daniel time frame is specific it refers to one day.....so no prophecies like that do not get to just change.....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12

so

regards,

Isaiah 17 Ezekiel 38-39 two prophecies unfolding before your eyes right now...I haven't been a shill nor have I been trying to prove my belief. God did it for me by predicting the future..the majority of these people have made their mind up on the Bible and want to do nothing but get on here and bash it when I already asked not to. I found this information myself they are perfectly capable if they want to discuss to get educated and then present facts. If they are just gonna give speculation I am just going to make to look ignorant as they are

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb

so

regards,

Isaiah 17 Ezekiel 38-39 two prophecies unfolding before your eyes right now...I haven't been a shill nor have I been trying to prove my belief. God did it for me by predicting the future..the majority of these people have made their mind up on the Bible and want to do nothing but get on here and bash it when I already asked not to. I found this information myself they are perfectly capable if they want to discuss to get educated and then present facts. If they are just gonna give speculation I am just going to make to look ignorant as they are

*sigh*

yes...exactly

- i m willing to bet my Mother that youre Wrong in those 'isaiah 17 and ez 38 ' prophecies.

know why ?

- cause you are Hard as Stone
Unyielding
and Unwilling

so tell me - as test- whát is your ' explanation of isaiah 17 and ez 38 '.......?????

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
- you are Married with the Law, Sir,

the harsh, unpersonal, fleshy Law

and know not of His Love - nor of what He wants -

but you are Applying oldtestamentic Laws upon your own Ego,
- and bash everyone else into the Same

like He said to the pharisees:
you load people with 20 x as hard Laws

....i Mistrust you, Sir,
- officially

in spite of your username

which was an indication already,
that you pretend to be something you are NOT.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
moerover:
i wouldnt be surprised, if you were one of those "Messianics",

who use the phrase 'yeshua'

fanatics, to the Core,

not seeing they are deriving their Fanaticness from the SAME deity as stubborn Pharaoh did

- your words have No LOVE, Sir.

Nothing.

And therefore, though outwardly True,
do NOT represent Him.

- So be it.
before Heaven.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
- i know your Type very well :

the oldest son in the parable type
hard as Stone
no heart
- mind yes: but No Heart

..because they NEVER expierienced sincere repentance
never expierienced genuine Love
...never admitted heartfelt Guilt

THAT is how you are posting, Sir.

from your Mind
- not from your Heart

oh yes i believe You are a serious soul
you havent heared me say you re Not

- but Get To Fight to find your Heart, love

or it will be Hell
- for yóu : and for those you Speak to

...kind regards

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

- i know your Type very well :

the oldest son in the parable type
hard as Stone
no heart
- mind yes: but No Heart

..because they NEVER expierienced sincere repentance
never expierienced genuine Love
...never admitted heartfelt Guilt

THAT is how you are posting, Sir.

from your Mind
- not from your Heart

oh yes i believe You are a serious soul
you havent heared me say you re Not

- but Get To Fight to find your Heart, love

or it will be Hell
- for yóu : and for those you Speak to

...kind regards

So you get on here and insult not only my faith, but my character and you know nothing of me. If I did not love these people why would I waste time recounting information I already know, in hopes that they would learn the truth. There are two types of belief in God. Belief in God and Belief that God. You have to have the first before you can have the second. If these people do not believe the God of the Bible is real, then I have no way of sharing the truth with them. I must first show them God is real, and this is how God tells us to do that in the Bible. I am sorry that you feel that I am doing something wrong, because I feel that God is leading me in this endeavor so please reframe from insulting me anymore seeing as how you have no idea who I am, and you are telling me to trust in my heart not my mind? You again are speaking against the Bible:
Jeremiah 17:9
Proverbs28:26
My words are firm because my belief is firm and the facts are firm. To pretend as though I haven;t accepted the lords pardon and to act as I don't know how much God loves me? You are the insulting one not me sir/ma'am, but I love and forgive you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join