It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy proves God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well this OP has numerous prophecies on it, but before I take all my time and explain a prophecy in depth. What would the prophecy have to do in order for you to believe it was of God, and not a fluke or coincidence or a rationalization?

edit on 4-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Well the OP has numerous prophecies on it, but before I take all my time and explain a prophecy in depth. What would the prophecy have to do in order for you to believe it was of God, and not a fluke or coincidence or a rationalization?

God would have to come down, announce himself, put on a few demonstrations that clearly defy every known law of physics, and sit down for an interview. That would be a fantastic start, but probably just the start.

I realize that's not how a prophecy is done, but prophecies are parlor tricks for gods, are they not? If you're going to prove something, then by God (pun intended) freakin' prove it.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
reply to post by LightOrange

Why don't you disprove one of the prophecies with your own intellect, and documented proof? Should be pretty easy since I am just making stuff up.

LMFAO

Look at the title of your thread.

You're the one saying you have proof.

Show me how the prophecies "Prove God" already.

Geeze.

The funny part is, any of the "prophecies" which haven't been fulfilled, but which are in a string of text that you claim have been fulfilled... they just haven't happened yet. How convenient! We get 5000 years for these prophecies to play out over, I wonder how many variables we get to excercise them on over that span of time. I wonder how many metaphors we get to turn the texts into to make them come true!

It's almost as if you can just take stuff that happens and say it's part of a prophecy by some loose definition of a single term in the text

Go to the link I posted to Inhale. There are some on that one, but to you same question as Inhale.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So basically you are saying, if I show you undeniable evidence that the Bible has predicted the future in a way only a being outside the realm of space, time, and matter could it would not be enough proof? Well then your heart is hardened to the Word because even when it defies all logic you want solid proof. The tribulation is designed for people who cannot have faith, even when there is enough logical evidence to prove the Bible is the word of God.

I also love how you think so highly of yourself, that you believe the Creator of the Universe should have to come down and let you interview him in order for you to believe in him. You must be an amazing individual.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

What would the prophecy have to do in order for you to believe it was of God, and not a fluke or coincidence or a rationalization?

A prediction that could not be calculated or the results of which could be played out by a human being or intelligent lifeform. It would also have a very small, finite timeframe so that bats*!@t crazy people can't just discredit certain parts of it and say "no, no, that part just hasn't happened yet!". On top of this, it would have to be a miraculous event in itself.

For instance, if there was a prophecy that said "In the Autumn of 2013, President Barrack Obama, Age 52, will sing "No Diggity" in 3/4 time before spontaneously turning into a urinal puck in a very vivid, clear, graphic format taking place over the course of 5 seconds."

As written in a time where urinal pucks did not exist and nobody knew who Barrack Obama was.

Oh, and Chris Angel would have to not exist.

Simple as.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

What would the prophecy have to do in order for you to believe it was of God, and not a fluke or coincidence or a rationalization?

What prophecy? if you want show proven prophecies as you said you would on page 1 start now.

Stop going in circles and making yourself dizzy because your get confused and making stupid assumptions like I believe in coincidence or fluke and imply I do not believe if words were spoken to tell of whats coming and it happens as spoken that there might be some divine inspiration.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

So basically you are saying, if I show you undeniable evidence that the Bible has predicted the future in a way only a being outside the realm of space, time, and matter could it would not be enough proof? Well then your heart is hardened to the Word because even when it defies all logic you want solid proof. The tribulation is designed for people who cannot have faith, even when there is enough logical evidence to prove the Bible is the word of God.

I also love how you think so highly of yourself, that you believe the Creator of the Universe should have to come down and let you interview him in order for you to believe in him. You must be an amazing individual.

How about you stop with your "If I show" and just show.

Show and tell is over soon for me so I would like see what you have to show us.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

How about you stop with your "If I show" and just show.

Show and tell is over soon for me so I would like see what you have to show us.

Obviously the thread title was just another failed prophecy.

Er.. I mean... one day it will be fulfilled. Stick around for several thousand years and you might even give it a star.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Prophecies I believe are coming in the very near future are Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38-39 if you can't see how these could easily play out from the Syria conflict, well then you are just blind cause Scripture hits you in the face.

But until they come true in a way which is unequivocable, it's a wholly moot point.

Last I looked, Damascas was still a city. I'll wager it's still a city in 100 years time. And I'm not sure Israel is currently living in safety in order to fit the Ezekiel prophecy? (or do we just pick and choose which bits we want to follow?). Besides which, Gog and Magog were giants living in Devon, before being defeated by Brutus when he lead the Trojans to Britain .....

Because you think A may happen does not prove that B is true. Unless you are pre-empting God?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

As for what enlightened said the ASA has confirmed a study that the possibility of one man fulfilling or even purposely fulfilling 48 of the 300 Messianic prophecies and the statistical probability was 1 X 10^157[sic]. Jesus fulfilled all 300. If you want to argue with a statistical Impossibility go ahead, but it has no merit.

Or you could just apply Occam's Razor and just say that Jesus never existed and was created and molded around these prophesies to show that he fulfilled them. I mean go by your day to day life which is more probable: A demigod walking around performing miracles and whose life and very existence fulfill 300 prophecies about him with a 1x10^-157 (I sure hope you meant to put a negative sign in front of that 157 because the number you put is super large and outside the range of valid probability numbers, 0

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So you get on here and insult not only my faith, but my character and you know nothing of me. If I did not love these people why would I waste time recounting information I already know, in hopes that they would learn the truth.

You KNOW?

How humble of you.

Right, since you've failed to provide any proof as promised in your title, I'm going to go ahead and throw it at you.

20 Failed Biblical Prophecies

The Nile still flows

Egypt never had "no creature or human" pass through it for a forty year period

Egyptian have never spoken the language of Canaan

Judah was defeated in Syria

The Jebusites were not driven out by the children of Judah

Israel has been defeated in combat

Abraham never entered Canaan

Joshua did not receive the land he was promised

Israel certainly DOES NOT LIVE IN PEACE WITH ITS NEIGHBOURS

The Davidic royal line is dead

Babylon's gates did not open for Cyrus

It is a huge stretch to believe that the incredibly unlikely assumption that Mary was a virgin is proof of anything

There is no evidence that Jesus was born in Bethlehem

Matthew consistently refers to prophecies that weren't in the OT

The World didn't end in 1843

Have at 'er, sheep.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
the statistical probability was 1 X 10^157[sic].

The statistical probabilty of the particles from stars passing through our planet and becoming part of your body out of everywhere else in this entire universe are about 1 X 10 ^ 28371920558373282.

Yet here you are. Typing away. What you're doing is statistically impossible right now.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

the statistical probability was 1 X 10^157[sic].

The statistical probabilty of the particles from stars passing through our planet and becoming part of your body out of everywhere else in this entire universe are about 1 X 10 ^ 28371920558373282.

Yet here you are. Typing away. What you're doing is statistically impossible right now.

Its amazing you could know how unlikely it would be that you are made from star dust just as the Bible says, and not believe in God....and I have addressed this site before in another post. Please note wiki doesn't list any sources for their information.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

As for what enlightened said the ASA has confirmed a study that the possibility of one man fulfilling or even purposely fulfilling 48 of the 300 Messianic prophecies and the statistical probability was 1 X 10^157[sic]. Jesus fulfilled all 300. If you want to argue with a statistical Impossibility go ahead, but it has no merit.

Or you could just apply Occam's Razor and just say that Jesus never existed and was created and molded around these prophesies to show that he fulfilled them. I mean go by your day to day life which is more probable: A demigod walking around performing miracles and whose life and very existence fulfill 300 prophecies about him with a 1x10^-157 (I sure hope you meant to put a negative sign in front of that 157 because the number you put is super large and outside the range of valid probability numbers, 0

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Same reason, for example, members of the Heaven's Gate religious group died for a lie?

It's what happens. Religious over-rides common sense and we do silly things.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Please note wiki doesn't list any sources for their information.

New to the internet?

Wiki has sources for its information.

Remove your ignorance from this thread.

I'd look up your earlier reply, but I'm almost certain that for all of the unfullfilled prophecies you have your own little prediction of how and when they will be fulfilled in the future, as opposed to when it seemed like they should've been fulfilled alongside the other texts that were directly adjacent to them in the scripture.

It's funny, this thread is called "Prophecies Prove God", but many of the prophecies have holes in them and you claim that the holes will be mended in the future. Sorry but that is not "proving", that's what we call "assuming".

"Assuming" is something a pseudo-intellectual does when they are thinking backwards with an opinion that they held before they did any of the research. It's retrodecisive and I won't have it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Same reason, for example, members of the Heaven's Gate religious group died for a lie?

It's what happens. Religious over-rides common sense and we do silly things.

They died for a lie, but they believed it was the truth. If the apostles died for their cause and it was a lie they knew it. They would never have saw Jesus after the resurrection, and therefore known he was not the Messiah known their teaching were lies and would have truly died for a lie. The other examples in the past people believe they were dying for the truth, not for a lie. If the Bible is a fabrication by the 12 apostles then they knew it was a lie and truly died for a lie, which makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I was having trouble figuring out what group of people you were referring to at first then I realized you were speaking about the 12 apostles who are just as unlikely to exist as Jesus. You see you stopped applying Occam's Razor to the situation when you started describing 12 people who made up a lie that they were later executed for preaching. The more likely occurrence is that the apostles didn't exist either. When I referred to a group of people with an agenda, I'm talking about a group of powerful men who wanted to shape a religion to exercise absolute control over the masses.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

"The more likely occurrence is that the apostles didn't exist either." nor Jesus,, therefore God cannot exist.

if u wipe out the thought of a god existing, then it is no longer god,, nor can it exist,,,, am i correct understanding your idea?,,and therfore not a god.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Actually, for all I know there is a God. He probably could have created all that is and will be. Being an agnostic I don't like to subscribe 100% to any one belief be it absolutely denying God or believing in him. I do however find it HIGHLY unlikely that this God who is powerful enough to create the ENTIRE universe (the capitalized word entire doesn't do it justice with how big the universe is but you'll just have to settle for it) would care about one insignificant speck in the backwaters of some average galaxy, orbiting an average star. Here is a great image giving a good visual representation of how big our planet is in comparison to some other bodies in the universe.

I do however believe that much of the Christian religion is probably bunk just like most other religions. There is also a possibility that any of the religions got something right, but as you start adding more and more theology on top it starts to get more unlikely. In my opinion for instance, it would make more sense for reincarnation to be true rather than some theoretical heaven or hell. Heck even some of the messages in Christianity are good, "love thy neighbor, renunciation of wealth, and a few others." It's the blind worship to something that shows little to no concern with us that I have a problem with.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join