It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy proves God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

I was having trouble figuring out what group of people you were referring to at first then I realized you were speaking about the 12 apostles who are just as unlikely to exist as Jesus. You see you stopped applying Occam's Razor to the situation when you started describing 12 people who made up a lie that they were later executed for preaching. The more likely occurrence is that the apostles didn't exist either. When I referred to a group of people with an agenda, I'm talking about a group of powerful men who wanted to shape a religion to exercise absolute control over the masses.

OK so the apostles didn't exist. Who wrote the books of the new testament? And please not a bunch of crazy theories evidence with documentation.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by BobAthome

Actually, for all I know there is a God. He probably could have created all that is and will be. Being an agnostic I don't like to subscribe 100% to any one belief be it absolutely denying God or believing in him. I do however find it HIGHLY unlikely that this God who is powerful enough to create the ENTIRE universe (the capitalized word entire doesn't do it justice with how big the universe is but you'll just have to settle for it) would care about one insignificant speck in the backwaters of some average galaxy, orbiting an average star. Here is a great image giving a good visual representation of how big our planet is in comparison to some other bodies in the universe.

I do however believe that much of the Christian religion is probably bunk just like most other religions. There is also a possibility that any of the religions got something right, but as you start adding more and more theology on top it starts to get more unlikely. In my opinion for instance, it would make more sense for reincarnation to be true rather than some theoretical heaven or hell. Heck even some of the messages in Christianity are good, "love thy neighbor, renunciation of wealth, and a few others." It's the blind worship to something that shows little to no concern with us that I have a problem with.

You are assuming the Creator of the universe looks at its size as you do. Let me give you this example we have trillions of cells in our body, but in our perception we are not massive like the univese? In that same way God might consider our universe really small with lots of parts, but he can name them all just like we can name everything in our bodies....you are assuming you can understand God completely and that will never be the case.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"are assuming you can understand God completely and that will never be the case. . " actually it used to be the case,, God completely understand,HIM,,,
till we said,, shove off, u sod,, i can do it.
he said oky dokey

edit on 4-9-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Prophecy proves God

Isn't this like saying "Tea Leaves prove Satan"?

or "Tooth Fairy proves Santa Clause is real!"

I mean, you can't use one highly contested concept to PROVE another highly contested concept

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You are all saying that you can explain away the prophecies so lets see you explain away Daniels Messiah time frame..

"Seventy `sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven `sevens,' and sixty-two `sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. After the sixty-two `sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with many for one `seven.' In the middle of the `seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him." Daniel 9:24-27 This prophecy is one of the most important prophecies in the Bible because it gives specific timeframes for the appearance of Messiah, His death and His return. The timing of His first coming would be exactly 483 years after "the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem," and the Second Coming will occur exactly seven years after the "ruler who will come" confirms "a covenant with many." From the context of this prophecy, as well as other prophecies from Daniel, Paul, John and Jesus, we know that this covenant, or treaty, will be one that concerns Israel and the rebuilding of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. The Second Coming will occur exactly seven years after this treaty is made, and this seven year period is the timeline upon which the events of Revelation are played out - often referred to as "The Tribulation Period". Let's take a closer look at the details regarding the 1st phase of the predicted timeframe for Messiah's appearance that Daniel gives us. The setting for this prophecy is the first year of Darius, which means that it occurred in the year 539 BC, about 67 years after the Jews initially went into exile in Babylon. Babylon has now fallen to the Media-Persian empire exactly as Daniel warned King Nebuchadnezzar when he interpreted his dream for him. It was at this time that Daniel stated he was studying the book of Jeremiah and that from these scriptures he has come understand that the number of years for completing the desolations of Jerusalem were almost over, since the duration was to be 70 years. With this time frame in mind Daniel is expecting that only three years remain; however, the angel Gabriel arrives to give Daniel a much bigger picture of the days that lie ahead. Gabriel's prophecy to Daniel began with the words, "Seventy sevens are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city…" Many English versions have translated the phrase to read "seventy weeks."

Gonna take a few post for all info so hold on I don't wanna leave any out.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Wed Sep 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Never mind. Not even going to bother with it. I'll just find a brick wall to argue with, I might have better luck.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"Imagine if you found a prophecy in the scriptures that called you out by name, hundreds of years before you were even born."

ya imagine

The name Barack sounds the same as the Hebrew name Bârâq (ברק), which means ligntning. The name Obama sounds the same as the Hebrew word bâmâh (בּוּם), which means height or high place.
“He said to them, ‘I watched Satan fall like lightning from heaven.’” -Luke 10:18

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

"Imagine if you found a prophecy in the scriptures that called you out by name, hundreds of years before you were even born."

ya imagine

The name Barack sounds the same as the Hebrew name Bârâq (ברק), which means ligntning. The name Obama sounds the same as the Hebrew word bâmâh (בּוּם), which means height or high place.
“He said to them, ‘I watched Satan fall like lightning from heaven.’” -Luke 10:18

Lol actually enjoyed this.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Prophecies coming "true," when they're not just shoehorning vague old statements to fit the interpretations of contemporary happenings, could be little more than possible evidence of an undiscovered channel linking the future with the past. Non-linear time (which we already accept in quantum physics), or something along the lines of ESP or morphic resonance. There's really no need to bring supernatural boogie men into the equation as a possible explanation.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Prophecies coming "true," when they're not just shoehorning vague old statements to fit the interpretations of contemporary happenings, could be little more than possible evidence of an undiscovered channel linking the future with the past. Non-linear time (which we already accept in quantum physics), or something along the lines of ESP or morphic resonance. There's really no need to bring supernatural boogie men into the equation as a possible explanation.

Except for the people giving the prophecies claim they are of God.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Well would you look at that....authorization for military force against Syria, who would have guessed......oh wait.....Here comes Isaiah 17 boys not sure how soon, but real soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
www.jpost.com...

Well would you look at that....authorization for military force against Syria, who would have guessed......oh wait.....Here comes Isaiah 17 boys not sure how soon, but real soon.

Syria has been involved in 10 wars in the last 100 years. I'm sure someone has thought Isaiah 17 was coming during each one.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

www.jpost.com...

Syria has been involved in 10 wars in the last 100 years. I'm sure someone has thought Isaiah 17 was coming during each one.

Why don't we just wait and see?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

That is what I said here.

Until then you don't have proof of anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

That is what I said here.

Until then you don't have proof of anything.

There are other prophecies that have been fulfilled

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join