It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well I had an idea to start a thread, but I better not seeing as the staff would probably not appreciate it or just close it. But perhaps a member poll is in order here, Skeptic. Therefore I would seriously suggest you open a new thread to take a site poll of members wishing for the new design, or wishing to keep the old design. Even if keeping the old design is not an option. Because you might just find that it NEEDS to be an option. And if you don't want to do it, then give me permission and I'll do it. Wanna find out what the majority thinks? I think that would be valuable information for serious consideration.
edit on Fri Aug 30th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

I second that!

Me too, but it sounds like its a done deal.

Probably too much money spent on it now. The real problem is the old version is so good, its going to be hard to beat.
I know we're always told its someone else's property and we can go elsewhere if we dont like it, but! a webby is nothing without its users, and this new format just might drive some away, and new people who find their way here might not be drawn in like they are with the old design. I really think they should do a poll!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Yes some of us like the flash...

I mean don't u think this icon is flashy as all hell?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I really think they should do a poll!

I second that....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

a PMS forum, where you can just rant and rant and rant, and not get banned.
Seriously tho, don't want the new look site back.

Now I like the sounds of the PMS section. There could be a warning for males to enter at their own risk. All report buttons will be shut off. Yeah baby...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah I know it's supposedly a done deal. But if I was given permission and started that thread and it pulled 500+ flags, you think maybe THEN the site admin might reconsider? lol, no. Probably not even then

Remember back in 2010 when we changed to this current format?

Remember all the members that said the same thing? Most of them are the same ones complaining now.

Funny isn't it?

I'm sure if you'd done that same poll the same day we changed it in 2010 you'd have gotten 500+ flags right? And had SO changed things to suit those people, you'd not have the current design that you all love so much.

So methinks, in the long run, most of the people who have a huge problems right now, will be the same people defending the design in a few years when SO decides to do it all over again.

~Tenth

link   

Originally posted by Elouina

Hey I have a suggestion, can they code us a pink section just for us ladies? And maybe some cute bunny rabbit graphics?
Maybe we could even alternate ya know with a cat day, dog days etc...

edit on 30-8-2013 by Elouina because: (no reason given)

Hey!

bunny's are manly!

link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Lets find a way to have a lot of people hate me! New design is better. SO did an amazing job. Some format issues still a cleaner faster format. I've tested it on my phone, tablet, laptop, big screen tv! I use my phone 3g as a tethered connection. The new layout is simpler cleaner and better and faster! As a web programmer I'm loving the new tweaks. Emoticons realy people..... REALY! I thought we where about content not flashy icons. Geez I tried to say that last part with a straight face.. the blue emoticons suck.

When you say "realy" do you mean "really", I thought for a minute your fast paced new technological world had invented a new word id missed.
Didn't mean the sarcasm, your probably right, its just for us oldies, there was nothing wrong with the old format.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Given my aging eyes . . . and the screen about 4' from my eyes at about my feet partially reclined in my Laz-Y-Boy . . .

I GREATLY appreciate the larger default fonts.

It means that fewer pages are all messed up due to CTL+ due to the enlgarging the browser setting function.

That saves a LOT of frustration trying to scroll left and right every line etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
OK fine, the format I'll get used to ...

Add "My Threads" and "My Posts" somewhere in the new design!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

When was the change? I joined in june 10. I don't remember it, maybe it was before me.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Between all the arguing I just want to say I couldn't log in all night, kept getting error 3, hope it will be fixed for other members and hello everyone

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I am sorry but I am not just " complaining" to be cool I am more serious than I have ever been.

Because quite simply I have never come across a website I couldn't read due to the layout.

I am not the only one who has a " sensitive vision".

I don't think people understand we are not all built the same.

I acknowledge others might like big font due to poor eyesight so why cant others acknowledge that I cannot make out text due to coloring.
edit on 30-8-2013 by freedomentered because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't need a poll on the changes.

Happy to go with the upgrade.

HOWEVER

I WOULD like to see a standard poll function so thread starter OP's could design a poll to go with the THREAD's OP. Many sites have such a function.

IF we get to the modern world sufficiently robustly as to include such a poll function,

I HOPE it would include as many practical and fitting options and functions as possible.

e.g. up to 15-25 questions;
IF, WHEN, to close the poll or not;
How many poll items each member can check/click/vote on.

etc.

Cheers.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Hey I have a suggestion, can they code us a pink section just for us ladies? And maybe some cute bunny rabbit graphics?
Maybe we could even alternate ya know with a cat day, dog days etc...

edit on 30-8-2013 by Elouina because: (no reason given)

Hey!

bunny's are manly!

Well, we already have plans for your manly rabbit. We were gonna hang it in effigy in the PMS section.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I feel left out my ATS is exactely the same as normal

link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Sorry it's now 8:22 pm and ATS just now let me in. Kept going from a no border grey format. To modified original. Some cases 404'd till just now. Originally some 2 yrs ago when I found this sight. I created an account under user name burgharff at AOL address. Lost password. Could not retrieve it. So today when this all went down I just had to get in and make sure my tab didn't get infected.

Long story short it was fixed it seems. And this is officially my 3rd time writing here. Lurker forever! But official now. Thanks! Tim

edit on 30-8-2013 by Bigburgh because: i'm ok with this format. thank you

edit on 30-8-2013 by Bigburgh because: i also misspelled " site "

link   

Yeah but there's a big difference between a site EVOLVING to where we are now, with so many cool features, and DEVOLVING into what I just witnessed. I DARE admin to give me permission to start that thread. I think you'd be too afraid to find out the truth, frankly. Even if you still went ahead with the changes. What if I set that mark at 700 flags? Come on, let's find out.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well, we already have plans for your manly rabbit. We were gonna hang it in effigy in the PMS section.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree it was devolving in many ways.

It reminded me of when the computers first developed and they had limited layouts. It was a few people who transformed the way websites were made. And made them more visually pleasing. Which in my mind is a good thing.

I think ATS already has the x-factor of websites . So its hard pressed to improve and if it does then it will be superb.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I don't know about you, or others here, but after a period of time I like to change things around the house, maybe some new paint, different colors, rearrange things, give it all a NEW feel.

It's still the same old house with the same stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join