It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomentered
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am sorry but I am not just " complaining" to be cool I am more serious than I have ever been.

Because quite simply I have never come across a website I couldn't read due to the layout.

I am not the only one who has a " sensitive vision".

I don't think people understand we are not all built the same.

I acknowledge others might like big font due to poor eyesight so why cant others acknowledge that I cannot make out text due to coloring.
edit on 30-8-2013 by freedomentered because: (no reason given)

I do, the darker colour is ok for me now, but obviously the colouring is causing you a big headache. Im listening to you. wish we could just keep the old stylie.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Remember all the members that said the same thing? Most of them are the same ones complaining now.

Funny isn't it?
~Tenth

Hi Tenth.

Not me, I wasn't a member back then

Apart from a new look, what does the new site offer us that the old site didn't? I had a play on the test run a few days back and I couldn't see anything that really caught my eye. I did see a lot I didn't like, for example I found myself never ending scrolling!
I know we'll get used to the look, but surely there's more to it than just looks?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomentered

I think we need our own emoticons.. To each their own... I feel old.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Elouina

Well, we already have plans for your manly rabbit. We were gonna hang it in effigy in the PMS section.

Oh gosh...
i am still laughing... Where are those stars when you need one? Ya know this could really work.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Whatever page it was that I posted on, remember when I said I felt the avatars were taking over the page with their size increase? Well, I hate to be that person, but I think I'm going to have to amend that to include the forum icons. I use the heck out of the Recent Posts page, and the current icons are perfectly fine. The bigger new ones in the 5/3 design? Too big. Way to friggin' big. I thought about this most of the day, and that's a gripe with the same issue as the larger avs -- The icons also seem to be overtaking the page with their size increase. Trying to jam larger images in to the site format is really mucking up the neat/tidy flow that already exists. Otherwise, like I said, I can live with the rest.
edit on 8/30/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Gimme 3 days, and deduct the resulting flag total from my flag total- I'll do the work, and you all can just sit back and watch. 700 flags. 3 days. I get it, and you reconsider. That's the proposal. The end.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenian8
I feel left out my ATS is exactely the same as normal

Mancunian! you were down the pub, weren't ya.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thanks, Its cool I would stick up for others who are in a minority and discarded too

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Dang you gals got me peeing my pants. Toooo Funny.

And I thought this thread might get too technical for me

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Elouina

From the google app store

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

HOWEVER

I WOULD like to see a standard poll function so thread starter OP's could design a poll to go with the THREAD's OP. Many sites have such a function.

Alright...

Well heres the first survey....

ATS should have a Polls/Survey forum... Yes or No?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah but there's a big difference between a site EVOLVING to where we are now, with so many cool features, and DEVOLVING into what I just witnessed. I DARE admin to give me permission to start that thread. I think you'd be too afraid to find out the truth, frankly. Even if you still went ahead with the changes. What if I set that mark at 700 flags? Come on, let's find out.

Absolutely seconded.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

While I greatly applaud your efforts to please the members who make ATS what it is . . .

and while I greatly appreciate candid feedback . . .

Some of the cheeky comments are inanely childish to absurd degrees, imho.

But then, that's usually true when a group is much larger than 3-5 members. LOL.

Herding cats and asking for feedback have to be similarly unfulfilling exercises in mostly futility, imho.

LOL.

Anyway--BIG CHEERS for all your efforts and progress.

I'm sure I'll like most of the changes and go with the flow on the rest of them.

With WW3 looming closer and closer . . . there really ARE bigger things than to whine about petty details of the site's design. imho.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomentered
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thanks, Its cool I would stick up for others who are in a minority and discarded too

Yes, I know, im welsh.

link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
ok ok. This time around I guess we ALL better get in there and help, or forever hold our peace. Just been busy man, and hard to find the time.

I missed it completely, I didn't know we were even changing, when I finally realized, it was over.

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not my call.

I see no difference between that redesign and this one. The Asthetic displeasure you are facing is of your own opinion. Like SO said, we beta tested with a lot of people, they all had positive things to say and even those who didn't at first, certainly did after a little bit.

It's just ironic that those who complained about the last redesign are same folk defending it now.

What's even funnier is instead of taking it in stride, over a few days to get used to it and give it a chance, some have just decided to make up their minds within the first 2 minutes.

That's not fair to yourself or the designer.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Every designer should be prepared for critics. Its just life people have a right to be critical.

Besides we are not robots who sing to the chorus " Yes master"

I think complaining about asthetic taste is perfectly reasonable and beyond that too!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the COO overlooked the part where some posters want the ability to click on their recent posts/replies by navigating to posts < from the profile selection

i frequently click on my ongoing favorite threads to see the direction of the responses & to refresh my memory of the points i thought important at that moment

IN the trial period today.... i did not see that kind of access being available... truly disappointing

and the lists of info on the "MY ATS" was uninformative to me... i don't give a hoot about the sites data, profile in the consapiracy sector or where it stacks up ...nor about the Mod heirarchy or whose been logged-in in the last hour

all that unnecessary factos before the lists of threads//forums finally shows up

the new format & design is focused on the person whom have the MOST EMBELLISHED AVATAR rather than the depth of their post

i vote 7 thumbs down

edit on 30-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Hey I have a suggestion, can they code us a pink section just for us ladies? And maybe some cute bunny rabbit graphics?
Maybe we could even alternate ya know with a cat day, dog days etc...

edit on 30-8-2013 by Elouina because: (no reason given)

Hey!

bunny's are manly!

Well, we already have plans for your manly rabbit. We were gonna hang it in effigy in the PMS section.

Girl, leave him alone , he's had a bad year.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I agree that's one of the more intelligent points of ATS that you can go back to your thread, your posts and continue coherent conversations. I didn't look about the updated ATS enough to see what was on it.

I could navigate it fine, I wasn't so rushed not to see what the buttons did. But I was completely at loss as what to was written on the threads/forums/names. Even I didn't get the feeling I was even on ATS. It was bland.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join