It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Conditioning and Miley Cyrus VMA performance. (I didn't think I'd ever care about this)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I agree, here in Chicago we have to put up with Blacks doing this...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I really enjoyed how she made the video with Black Men helping do this.

Thanks Black Men

No White Man would do this..

Shows what our Society is made of....

If my daughter, get out the you know what

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think they main issues for parents is the fact that its difficult to keep the kids from seeing it with social media about.
I have kids in the age group who rushed home yesterday and wanted to watch the VMAs , i had already seen said video and let them watch it with me . I asked what they thought of it and I was quite proud when they thought it was 'disgusting' and this point I'm happy with them thinking that. I will teach them that true sex isn't so later in life
MTV is to blame IMO the videos that are snuck on to day time tv with age restrictions. Parents need to realise its not suitable for kids with videos of nude girls or at least appearing to be nude. A recent discovery was a bubble butt video.. Horrendous!! My own fault I guess for not watch enough MTV to know this. If I had the choice to remove the whole channel I would i just use parental control but that does ñot tell MTV I do not approve of what they show.
You tube does not help either, there needs to be ways for us to stop our kids seeing it if that is what we choose.

You cànt blame just miley, robin thicke hasn't been mentioned, it's his song and the one video has nude girls, although you have to search to find it.
I blame the parents for not instilling self respect, t for teaching her in order to succeed i life you must have have lots of money and fame no matter how you get it

'
And the whole cop out of' you're just complaining cos you are fat and ugly and jealous' is rediculous

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I found the usage of black women as accessories- as faceless asses- far more offensive than a 20-yr-old woman trying too hard to be sexy. Appropriating black culture- or even someone else's entire MO, as Miley appears to have done with Rhianna's- was a cynical career move and goes a lot further toward proving that lil' Miley's all grown up, than, say, refusing to wear pants for six straight months.

Wait, why are we talking about this again?

mileycyrustwerkingonreality.tumblr.com...
edit on 28-8-2013 by Eidolon23 because: Twekring in my office chair.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
OP, I am with you 100% on this topic. Those who have been mocking you and claim that sexually explicit content performed by an idol who has been historically marketed to young children and still is with syndicated re-runs has no bearing on the development of those children have a common theme. They are almost ALWAYS exclusively men, be they parents or not, but they are almost always men. Everyone of them in this thread is a man.

The other reason they try and publicly deny the truth is that they themselves are obsoletely enjoying this sexual behavior and love to see it proliferated in media. They will try and deny it, and mock me as well for pointing it out, but they know damn well in their hearts it is true even as they will now begin flaming me and accusing me of pretending to be a mind reader that does not know jack #. It Is the hostile response that pretty much confirms what I say. those who actually admit the truth to themselves typically will not respond to my accusations.

I am a man, and I am a father. Social conditioning is real, and visual media is by far the largest perpetuator of various agendas for it. I am trying to raise respectable young boys, which is why I do not have cable, but I have Netflix. The oldest is six and I am always reminding him that all commercials he may see outside of our home is corporate propaganda brainwashing attempts to fire certain neurons in the brain to make him desire something he never even realized or thought he may have wanted. I also let him know that multinationals have literally spent BILLIONS of dollars over many decades to study the human brain and how it ticks solely for the purpose of how to manipulate us for profit and other nefarious plans. Most multinationals know how your brain works better than 99% of the general population, because they commission reports and studies from neurologists and psychologists.

They know what colors and sounds to use in marketing. Where to place people and products. How to portray specific individuals consuming products or acting in such a way to subtly alter peoples behavior. I have even seen it in action with music. Some years ago some pop song by I don't know who started playing on the radio saying something about "I hate that I love you" or some other stupid # like that. And almost as with a snap of the finger, many of the less educated people that I know started having relationship issues. I called it out the moment I heard it. I told my homeboy "don't be surprised to hear your girl say something stupid like this soon" and sure enough she brought it up like a week later. He was surprised that I called it out. But I have been studying propaganda for years since before I got kicked out of high school, because

PROPOGANDA IS NOT JUST A POSTER, MAGAZINE AD OR 30 SECOND COMMERCIAL, IT IS EVERY TV SHOW AND MOVIE YOU WATCH, EVERY SONG YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO, AND ALOT OF THE BOOKS YOU READ.

From my personal observations, the Christian book series Left Behind was the biggest propaganda piece for the wars in the middle east today hidden with biblical undertones. Almost everything bad in that book that was targeted and perpetuated onto the Jewish and Christian people in the story has been reflected like a mirror onto the Islamic world.

The media is trying to turn all our daughters into whores and all our sons into sociopathic sissy boys who have no nuts. That is why our youth are committing more heinous crimes as well as acts of debauchery against innocent people everyday.

I star and flagged this OP, maybe we have different levels of anger on this topic, but I absolutely agree and understand what you are saying 100%.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
reply to post by AlienScience

The world is rarely black and white, there are lots of grey areas. To say that it's impossible that girls who idolize an older woman/girl may thing it's cool to reenact the images they've seen her do is not that crazy. Monkey see, monkey do. Cause and effect.

Also miley hasn't always been 20, and most of her fans have idolized her through a TV channel aimed at young tweens.
edit on 28-8-2013 by wishful1gnorance because: editing

I couldn't agree more with your point of view! They don't call it a 'role model' for nothin' --young girls 'model' themselves after someone they have grown to admire, and seek to play that 'role.' Get it? ...Role-Model.

People saying that her antics will have no effect on the young girl slice-of-society, really need to think about how the media shapes what people believe, and accept as normal. The whole desensitization thingy- Television "Programming."

I could swear some of you are the same ones griping in other threads about the MSM shaping what the sheeple believe as truth. Do you really think a 10-year-old is immune to this same method of programming?

And if you say the parents should control what they watch... may as well lock 'em in a bubble 'til they're of age because it is PERVASIVE, people.

/soapbox
edit on 8/29/2013 by new_here because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Sex is treated like a sport, and if an artist doesn't have enough talent without using it to lift their ratings it's sad for them. I have never liked her voice nor have my musician friends. Sex is a cheap way to get anything in this day and age - it's used in just about everything and has been for a very long time. Subliminal advertising initially and now there is no holding back. If only Elvis could see it (the flack he got for his hip movements is laughable).

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

Miley Cyrus is a pig. Decent women don't act like that in public. What we can do is ostracize and not patronize such pigs. Women like that were shunned by decent people in the old days. There was a damn good reason for it.

NO.. she is not a pig... pigs are generally fat.

You are right that "decent" people shunned women like that back in the old days, but then I guess the question is what do you consider "decent"? Were the decent people the ones who burned witches? The ones who bought slaves to work on their plantations? Were they the ones who subjugated whole nationalities to a baptism in blood because they thought their gods were heathens? Or, were they the ones in the ME and african countries who wed children as young as 9 and then conjugate their marriage? I am a little confused as to exactly who the "decent" people were or still are. We are all humans, we all have our quirks and foibles, decent is as decent does. I guess it is up to us to individually decide what is or isn't decent.

For some reason I picture you as a "women should be barefoot and pregnant, making me a sandwich in the kitchen and not leaving the house" type of person.

There is a reason why prostitution is one of the oldest professions in the world, it is because sex sells! We are all animals in our basest form. The record companies know that, the marketing and advertising agencies know that, and the corporations know that. It all about business and money, if it is going to offend you dont watch it.

Miley Cyrus is a performer, her job is to shock and entertain... While I don't think that her performance was classy, and while I would not let my daughters watch it, I would hardly call her a pig. It's just plain ignorance and close mindedness.
edit on 29-8-2013 by kdyam because: just because

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
i just finally watched one of her videos... i laughed so hard i almost died.

I totally get it.

Best comedy i've seen in a long time.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't think it's that big of a deal. She's got these twangy roots and wants to go all hip hop. That's not a bad thing, really... but they way she is dancing and then bending over and shaking her rear, it's not really that obscene to me but kind of reminds me even more of disney.

as in donald duck.

just watch her and think of crazy stuff donald duck does... the way she is moving. it's not even really provocative looking.... it's a little too wacky for that, but she's got the energy for it and she is expressive so more power to her. my mind has just gone into some scary realm though, lol... it's the same scary realm that created disco duck in the 70s... now we have the female hip hop version.

well, she's got nerves and is making money so what do I care?
I mean anybody that centers their life around stuff like this has issues, but the issue isn't really with the one not afraid to do these things because racey things have been done like this for AGES. It's nothing new. I'm a big fan of someone who was WAY racier than this over 3 decades ago.... so it's really not obscene to me. When people make stupid life decisions and feel like they can't be who they are and pigeonhole themselves into stupid meaningless situations and relationships and get used up.... that is what is obscene.

I just really don't care enough about this to think it is a big deal.

I don't see how anyone could care that much about it.

As long as you're not one of the ones who think this is all that life is about and watch too much TV, I'm sure it's not going to ruin lives.
edit on 29-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Things like the Miley Cyrus incident is just another method of dumbing down and desensitizing the American population. What I gathered from the 'performance' is pretty much what the OP did.

"Let's get children interested in sex at 11 years old, much like the 3rd world."

Yet more social engineering to rot the core of the American familial and societal structure. And as you 'shock and awe' the population with that garbage, the powers that be continue their warmongering.

*I admit it, I'm old fashioned... but we have to maintain some order*

she will be 21 in November, if she had signed up for the military at 18, she could have been fighting in, or even already have been blown up in Afghanistan by now...a little perspective people

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Back in the 1980s it was Madonna's "Like a Virgin" music video everyone was appalled of. I felt Miley Cirus was channeling Madonna. My kids hated the performance, they are boys. They showed it to me on their I phone, I had no idea. I just laughed. I don't have daughters and grand daughters. If I did, I would be highly annoyed. It is a lap dance on public television. Europeans have Rated X television commercials, so they are more lax about morality than Americans. However, a parent needs to take responsibility and censor what their child watches. Obviously these VMA music award shows are not for children and are Rated X.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The more I think about it, the more I conclude that this was her "initiation" of sorts into the "illuminatti". It was by design.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
Well this didn't take long, going from having somewhat of a conversation to blatant mockery from multiple members by the 2nd page. ATS hasn't changed much, bring up a real point of view, with a logical conclusion that has been at least decently laid out for review, to be belittled and shut down before it has a chance to reach the ears of others. I knew ATS had a reason for being here.
-- snip --

I can understand your frustration...

But, to your point... I think your uneasiness is generated by two separate issues.

1. The front office at MTV has morphed the channel so inordinately that I doubt they can even remember what the original acronym stood for. I like music and I like music videos. There is no room in their demographic for guys like me currently. That's why I would have to estimate how many years it's been since I watched even five minutes. Money is the only objective and they don't lose any sleep about what repercussions their product might have in the "Real World". (sarcasm intentional... shows how long it's been since I watched)

2. Once their award show garnered attention because of the unexpected, it fell into the trap of professional magic/escape artists. Viewers won't settle for a ball & three cups or handcuff tricks because of the glut of media. It's all about pushing the envelope and being "dangerous". We're probably within three to five years of a VMA performance with banana hammocks & thongs with pasties...

Just another aspect of the world I can only observe and reconcile myself to the fact what I think is irrelevant.
edit on 29-8-2013 by CornShucker because: punctuation, as usual....

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
What we should be doing them is educating them about sex, pregnancy and diseases...instead of worrying about their "purity" or some other non-sense.

I think Miley is trying to do this in front of audiences through lyrics and dancing on poles.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
there really is nothing new under the sun : swinging hips ?

to quote :

Presley has already appeared six times on national television, but it is his appearance on The Milton Berle Show on June 5, 1956, that triggers the first controversy of his career. Presley sings his latest single, "Hound Dog," with all the pelvis-shaking intensity his fans scream for. Television critics across the country slam the performance for its "appalling lack of musicality," for its "vulgarity" and "animalism." The Catholic Church takes up the criticism in its weekly organ in a piece headlined "Beware Elvis Presley." Concerns about juvenile delinquency and the changing moral values of the young find a new target in the popular singer.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
I found the usage of black women as accessories- as faceless asses- far more offensive than a 20-yr-old woman trying too hard to be sexy. Appropriating black culture- or even someone else's entire MO, as Miley appears to have done with Rhianna's- was a cynical career move and goes a lot further toward proving that lil' Miley's all grown up, than, say, refusing to wear pants for six straight months.

Wait, why are we talking about this again?

I agree and believe it or not the Teddy Bear Fund charity has jumped on board in admonishing our wayward "target".

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
there really is nothing new under the sun : swinging hips ?

Kudos!

Part of the point I was trying to make. I pictured old folks still alive from that period nodding and saying, "Toldya So!"

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

They did not simulate sex on-stage in the 50's. I don't know about after that but isn't it an interesting coincidence that the 60's are when morals began their decline.

Cyrus had her crotch right up to that male singer's privates. Only a little clothing stood between them and the act of sex.

Disgusting and childish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join