It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
THX for your kind reply.

I wish to note . . . that you always seem to think fast on your feet and to have a very high degree of integrity and candor--all things considered. I think that's uncommon in this field and to be greatly applauded.

Next question:

1. I assume you are familiar with Stan Romanek, Whitley Strieber and a "cast of thousands" of other such luminaries in the field. ARE THERE ANY THAT YOU HAVE MET FACE TO FACE that you respect markedly above others--as persons--as persons of integrity, honesty etc? If so, who?

2. What percentage of the time . . . or what percentage of the cases has the following happened, if it happened at all--you began to get a feeling that you'd just slipped down Alice's rabbit hole where conventional 'realities' did not seem to hold quite as well as in normal areas of life. i.e. where it SEEMED like someone or something was manipulating information and/or perceptions and/or even experiences very uniquely and/or manipulating "reality" very uniquely?

3. IF you were out camping in the American West wilderness areas . . . and a craft landed 100 feet away and some typical looking 'critters' exited . . . would you be 51% or more inclined to approach them or hide from them?

4. SOMETIMES I have the impression that you are either sooooo incredibly clear about the boundaries you function within in life in general . . . and/or you have been briefed soooo extremely precisely and emphatically that you have a very ingrained, almost natural ability to function in the role you are in on this thread VERY skillfully without breaking a sweat. This has been the case in EVERY video I've ever seen of you on any show about the topic. That's impressive to me, as a psychologist. What would you attribute that to?

5. I fantasize that this subject is EITHER still somewhat interesting to you or fun in some sort of way that you therefore are attracted to your ongoing public role . . . and/or there's some other kind of intrinsic, philosophical, social or whatever kind of return you get for your time and energy investment. Could you comment on what keeps you going, bothering with the topic, at all? Some folks--many--might well have become bored and left long ago, it seems to me. Why not you?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hi Nick-Thanks for joining ATS!

I won't post any questions for now as your being barraged by other members which is to be expected. Again-Thanks for climbing board the ATS wagon and answering the questions!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hello Nick and thanks for joining us here for AMA!

I was wondering if you have ever worked in conjunction with the Vatican or dealt with them at all during your employment with the MOD. If so, from your perspective, what is their interest in investigating the Alien/UFO phenomenon?

Also, do you subscribe to any particular religion and have any of your investigations impacted those religious beliefs positively or negatively? I understand if that is way to personal and you don't want to answer. I only ask because I am Christian and I view everything I come in contact with through a Christian perspective. I would love to know if any evidence you have seen has had an effect on your belief system.

Thanks again for your time

~OkieDokie

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazootica
Thank you for this opportunity Nick. Do you know anything about the hijack of the British news channel in nov 26 1977? The intrusion claimed to be ashtar from galactic command? Anything about this? Thanks for your time.

Well, i'm not Mr Pope, obviously, but there was no British news channel in 1977. We had BBC 1, BBC 2 and ITV and that was it, even Channel 4 was five years in the future and dedicated News Channels, decades away. On that basis, the story would seem to be false.

Edit, I see you are referring to a sound interruption on Southern, a limited range regional ITV station. It appears the story is growing in scope in the retelling.

edit on 26-8-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lanisius

In relation to this and to the various other questions about the Rendlesham Forest incident, the binary code message, etc., I've just finished writing a book about the case, titled Encounter in Rendlesham Forest, with the two USAF witnesses at the heart of the incident, John Burroughs and Jim Penniston. The book will be published next March, so with my sincere apologies, I'm not intending to go into any further details as this stage, so as not to reveal any 'spoilers' that would detract from people's enjoyment when the book comes out:

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Thank you again for making yourself available today.
One of the reasons that I joined ATS after retiring as a Professor, was so I could discuss issues that were considered taboo among colleagues. Certainly, the UFO issue falls into this category. Do you feel that society will ever get to the point, where we can discuss this issue without ridicule, especially among the MSM? Furthermore, do you believe that the MSM truly believes that the entire issue is nonsense, or do you believe that they are taking their cue from governments?

To expand on this point Nick...Is it not time the Broadcasting Act was overhauled to remove the subject of UFOs from the same category as mediums and the like? Is it not ridiculous , in so called democracy that, a subject as such as UFOs is still covered by totally redundant legislation and who was it who decided in the first place it should be considered the same as spiritualism and the like? In effect, by the simple expediency of that categorisation, the whole subject was censored, in terms of serious debate and programming, via the back door on the MSM in Britain?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
hi nick ,did you ever think to connect the ufo phenomenon to the occult and ask mi5 who are the occult branch of british military intelligence about it ? after all some suggest that aliens are demons and are all connected to feeemasons

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Mr.Pope I and a fellow poster asked about the Cash- Landrum case, i understand you are answering as fast as you can,but this is one of the most documented UFO incident in America where we have physical proof that something strange happen to them which the Air Force denies everything,so if the craft isn't ours that they seen whose craft was it.the craft was also witness by other people that night,not as close as Cash and Landrum who apparently received a high dose of radiation that caused radiation sickness,if you don't know anything about the case then look it up. I believe our government and others are lying through their teeth about the whole UFO and alien situation

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

I wish to express the hope that your Rendlesham book will be on Kindle ASAP. I rarely buy paper books any more. Hazardous in the era of looming EMP potentials . . . but it's incredibly nice to be able to carry 100's of books around in one's pocket. Yeah, I have my shirts made with pockets to fit the Kindle. LOL.

Next question.

1. If you were the unfettered totally powerful in that sphere, world Czar over all information and policy related to UFO's, what would the first 3-5 things be that you'd change about how the topic is treated in our culture, society, body politic?

2. To what %%% degree are you convinced that movies and media from THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL have been manipulated by the PTB re UFO's etc? Can you hazard some guesstimates as to what goals do you think such manipulations had/have?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I was wondering, do you have any pictures or video that you can share with us?
I am enjoying your answers thus far....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

I was wondering, do you have any pictures or video that you can share with us?
I am enjoying your answers thus far....

There's a ton of stuff on his web site, which he linked above. I think it's been slashdotted due to this thread, though. It takes awhile to load.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hello, Mr. Pope

I first heard of you when I read your Science Fiction books: Operation Lightning Strike and Operation Thunder Child.

You had to get official clearance for the books. (or at least the last) Why?

Also, are you going to write anymore science fiction books? They were very good!

Thank you sir!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
What do you feel about my hypothesis that extraterrestrial life is in fact extra-dimensional and accessible only from certain weak points, or "overlaps", in our universe? In actuality, we could be searching in all the wrong places for alien life, and it could be a lot closer to home than imagined. Has anyone found any unusual evidence yet that could lend credence to my hypothesis? And have our governments been investigating and experimenting with this possibility?

More questions here besides the above ones which you sort of half answered already in response to another person. If given the opportunity to meet such extra-dimensional life forms, would you? I suspect the answer would be yes.
And what would be your most dire questions if the channel of communications was already open? I am certain that this is something that you have already thought about. And dreamed about...

edit on 26-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Mr Pope,
I just wanted to take the chance to congratulate you for a job well done when it comes to your effort in
The Citizen Hearing on Disclosure (April 29, 2013 to May 3, 2013).
I found your part in the hearings very interesting.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks for your time here Nick.

My question has to do with rock art and Native American myths of western America. Have you done any research into this area and do we have any reason to believe they made this stuff up? They sure as heck believed it enough to put these images everywhere. Almost all tribes can be traced back to the Anasazi, and their legends clearly say there were people who came from the stars, as well as the "ant-people" who came from within the earth. I am of the opinion that these are actual beings for one simple reason. I don't believe they could have made these things up without actually seeing them for themselves. They clearly distinguished themselves between these "beings" in the rock art, as there are many pictures with indians alongside them odd figures. They were as smart as us and they were very detailed in their art. I am curious what your knowledge is on the subject.

Also, wouldn't it be a huge coincidence that these "beings" resemble modern day grey aliens?

edit on 26-8-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2013 by roncoallstar because: double post

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by Lanisius

In relation to this and to the various other questions about the Rendlesham Forest incident, the binary code message, etc., I've just finished writing a book about the case, titled Encounter in Rendlesham Forest, with the two USAF witnesses at the heart of the incident, John Burroughs and Jim Penniston. The book will be published next March, so with my sincere apologies, I'm not intending to go into any further details as this stage, so as not to reveal any 'spoilers' that would detract from people's enjoyment when the book comes out:

www.amazon.com...

--
Great news!! I look forward to reading it, I'll pre-order my copy now as a matter of fact.
Please understand and feel that this particular event in Ufology strikes me near and deal, as with many other posters and peoples of all walks of life's.
Being military, I can understand the whole of the spectrum on the issue of security.
---
I am curious though, did any of your colleagues during your time at the MOD, believe in anything you were doing? some of my fellow soldiers would scoff at the idea of UFO's and anything of the sort, 'cept mybe a few...
I feel what you did for the MOD concerning the issue was very important, did your colleagues think the same?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I was expecting something more like "Snowden" rather than an autobiography. But I admire the efforts put forth here.

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
It's an Ask Me Anything session, not a whistleblower conference. People want to learn from Nick Pope's personal experiences. He is the "Me" in "Ask Me Anything". I can't imagine what else you might have been expecting.

you're right
edit on 8-26-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I was expecting something more like "Snowden" rather than an autobiography. But I admire the efforts put forth here.

It's an Ask Me Anything session, not a whistleblower conference. People want to learn from Nick Pope's personal experiences. He is the "Me" in "Ask Me Anything". I can't imagine what else you might have been expecting.
edit on 26-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Welcome Mr Pope!

UFOs have become very much a "pop" phenomenon than hard-nosed scientific phenomenon. Much of it is due to ambiguity maintained by governments.

It is good you are here to clarify, but I warn you that a lot of people no longer trust the government anymore. So your being in UK government is a disadvantage.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join