It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Greetings sir, I've seen some compelling evidence that JPL moon photos from early satellite missions seem to have been altered to obfuscate man-made structures. Can you officially confirm or deny that this might be the case? If not, what is your personal opinion?

edit on 26-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi Nick.

Welcome.

1) Are you familiar with DNA complexity and that cutting edge scientists now are saying that the complexity of creation has been here since the beginning?

2) If the universe is billions of years old and intelligent life is allowed off their planets, where is everyone? Are they hiding? What from, if they are so advanced why not open trade and exchange ideas? Are there rules in place? Who makes the rules? Who makes the planets float in space?

3) Why so many abductions torture humans? Breed hybrids? Chip humans? Hide?

4) Why do so many former occultists say that ufos are "powers and principalities" spoken of in the Bible? That they are part of a luciferian hierarchy?

5) Why do these "aliens" seem to be behind the NWO and current trends towards human enslavement? Chipping?

6) why is all of this so Biblical?

7) Why does Serge Monast say Project Blue Beam can simulate NDEs, UFOs and even a fake second coming, and why is this too, biblical?

8) do you believe in coincidences?

Thank you!

(post by Verum1quaere removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

As an example, I've seen information on WikiLeaks that would undoubtedly endanger human lives.

Since this is a common statement made to the general public on a frequent basis via the mainstream media, I feel compelled to ask you: Whose lives and in what fashion?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thank you for coming to ATS,

If you had to summarize everything that you've learned about the UFO phenomenon throughout your entire life. In just a few sentences....what would you say?
edit on 26-8-2013 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am happy to hear my idea is so well received, or not, etc.

However it should be noted that at this point my basic philosophy on all of these topics and a dozen more that aren't remotely related to this topic are all ultimately tied together. I generally believe that we sit on an inter dimensional hub, a sort of eternal movie theatre and our souls are simply drawn to what they wish to see.

Some want to see god, so they find "God"
Some want to see Aliens so they see "Ufos" and "Ebe's"
Some wish to see only chaos, and so chaos and death is all they see.
Its tragic.
Its beautiful.
Its simple.

Our dreams are reality in both life and death, our deepest nightmares too.

If they are looking for hell or the nwo, a galaxy full of life or the simple unbearable isolation of us all then that is what they will find, both in life and in death. They will think about it, dream about it, crave it so deeply they will never understand why, not because they are not smart enough to see the truth but simply because the truth is different to all who see.

Be careful what you wish for, i guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
G'day Nick.. Hope you had a good bank holiday and poured yourself a few vodkas while answering qs!

Mine is:

When doing investigations for the MoD, I'm sure you were able to access radar records to check for known or unknown aircraft over areas where sightings took place.

Is it possible these days for civilian investigators in the UK to access radar records? If yes, how? FOI?

Cheers Nick.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

My various media references to 2024 and the Square Kilometre Array radio telescope were a response to various predictions about 'Disclosure' and 'First Contact'. I'm often asked to make predictions and pick dates for this sort of thing, and by picking the date when the SKA will be fully operational, I'm at least doing a little more than plucking a date out of thin air. As the scientists are fond of saying in the SKA blurb, it'll be able to detect an airport radar at a distance of 50 light years. Point being, if there are detectable civilizations within our local area of the galaxy, the SKA may well be able to find them.

Thank you for this response to ShadellacZumbrum which also answered the same question I had; but I should reiterate my second question, as follows:

Is there any reason at all, personal or not, classified or not, aside from the SKA, that convinces you that we will find life out there in the next 11 years or so?

By this, I mean, have you seen anything during your years of research, or have you heard any rumours ( from the scientific community as an example ) that would convince you as such?

Your replies with this community thread have been exciting to say the least. Thank you, once again, for accepting this AMA invitation and taking the time to be with us. Greatly appreciated !!!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

It depends how you define a "true" UFO sighting. In my government investigations, I inevitably ended up giving more weight to cases where we had reports from police officers, pilots and military personnel - especially if we had corroborating radar evidence, or photos/videos that MoD/RAF imagery analysts could assess. But if you're asking me what would constitute definitive proof that any of this was extraterrestrial, no testimony or film footage is going to do it. We'd need an artefact. And despite the myriad claims of UFO crashes, wreckage, bodies, etc., I've yet to see anything like this. So either these stories are false, or they're true, but the US authorities didn't tell us Brits!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hi Nick,

I am curious to what extent the MoD does joint operations with US Intelligence on MASINT/ARGUS related operations, and whether you are aware if data fusion systems were ever crossed over to look at the UFO problem. I understand that you can't talk about intelligence systems in detail. However I would appreciate if you could address whether you know of any automated tracking system like Hessdalen, Project Pennine, or UFO Capture in use (past or present) by the MoD to try and grab multiple source inputs to better figure out what people are seeing. Also, assuming there is such a system, I am curious if this factored into the decision to close the UFO desk.

Thanks for sharing with us,
-X

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

We can only ever look at this from an anthropocentric viewpoint, so invariably we get debates about good aliens and bad aliens; alien invasion or an invitation to join some sort of galactic federation. I think this is unhelpful, though in a sense, there's not much we can do about it, except trying to avoid phrases that begin by saying something like "Well, aliens wouldn't do that, because ...". Believers and skeptics are equally guilty here, in assessing UFO/abduction testimony and then applying their personal worldview to say why they agree or disagree with what's being presented. That's not to say we can't make some basic assumptions here. One fair one is that if we're being visited, we're dealing with a technology more advanced than our own.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thank you for this opportunity Nick. Do you know anything about the hijack of the British news channel in nov 26 1977? The intrusion claimed to be ashtar from galactic command? Anything about this? Thanks for your time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thank-you Nick for taking the time to respond to my question, and thanks S.O for fixing the pic link.

Yes, Mulder looks wrecked but you look pretty chuffed, as would I be if I had my photo op him him OR you!!

Once again thanks, boy have you been busy!

Keep up the fantastic contributions Nick.

If it is not already obvious, ATS has THE sharpest minds on the net.........hands down.

You are in good company.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Would you be willing to elaborate on your personal encounter in Florida?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

I have no doubt that we went to the moon, for a whole host of reasons, e.g. the proof offered by the lunar laser ranging experiment. I suspect that some of the pictures were pretty poor and were touched up a little, prior to release, leading to the various conspiracy theories about the images being faked.

Thanks for the reply, however I was not talking about faked pictures, I already know that the Moon landings were real, or at the very least were as close to the Moon as being there as would make no difference, never mind the LLR, and the common says that that the landings were made, and by virtue of the pictures the astronauts took of the Earth while in deep space and not NEO. What I was asking was, are you happy enough to go along with pictures taken ON the Moon, and that were altered, were not a concealment of any kind?

As for the astronauts pictures of Earth, and the NEO NOOA satellite taken at near same time these are the two together, adjusted for distances. The colour picture is of the whole Earth by the Apollo 11 crew, the NOOA picture is NEO and partial.

No credit to me BTW.
edit on 26-8-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hi Nick,
Thank you for giving your time to visit ATS and answer questions.

Forgive me if this has been posted before and questions posed regarding it but the thread is already running at 17 pages and I don't have the time to read it first.

2 months ago the the Canadian Minister for National Defence Hon. Paul Hellyer publicly disclosed not only the existence of 4 different types of ET's which have visited our planet but also the fact that one specific group has been working in Nevada (the tall whites) with the US for some time.

No specific question to either confirm, deny or evade
have you seen this and would you care to comment?

Many thanks for your time.

It can be viewed via Youtube

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-8-2013 by oxford because: trouble with youtube link

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by FireMoon

I don't think I've seen the "Unsealed: Alien Files" episode on the 'Solway Spaceman', even though I have a sneaking suspicion I might have been interviewed for this. So I'm afraid I can't comment on the authenticity of whatever footage they may have used in relation to Blue Streak/Woomera.

At the end of that show they suggested the "spacemen" figures could be us from the future. Do you think that is possible or do you have ideas of your own on this ?

link   
reply to post by EarlyValediction

"Ministry of Defence" is technically correct, as that's how us Brits spell it. But if I occasionally spell it "Defense" these days, it's because I've lived in America for a year a half now and probably cater my writing to the US audience, where "Defence" would look to many people like a horrendous typo. "Two nations divided by a common language"!

As for Margaret Thatcher's "You can't tell the people" quote to Georgina Bruni, in the course of their discussion about UFOs and the Rendlesham Forest incident, I don't know what lay behind it, and sadly, Thatcher has taken this secret to the grave.

link   
Thank you again for making yourself available today.
One of the reasons that I joined ATS after retiring as a Professor, was so I could discuss issues that were considered taboo among colleagues. Certainly, the UFO issue falls into this category. Do you feel that society will ever get to the point, where we can discuss this issue without ridicule, especially among the MSM? Furthermore, do you believe that the MSM truly believes that the entire issue is nonsense, or do you believe that they are taking their cue from governments?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I can't recall ever being told that I couldn't or shouldn't investigate a particular sighting, incident or claim.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join