It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Hi Nick, are you familiar with Dr Stephen Greer and his philosophy, he's a strong ufologist who seeks the disclosure of suppressed UFO information.. so it seems he is not asking if there is ufo but believes the governments have information on them that is not being disclosed to the general public. What are your views on the philosophy of this man.

edit on 26-8-2013 by flipflop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Thank you sir for answering my question, I greatly appreciated it.

So, the prediction is really a safe bet based on the potential that we may have by then? I can respect that.

Are we aloud a second question?

If So. .. ..

I would like to know. . .. ..

If you had the opportunity to assemble a group of personnel to study the "UFO" phenomenon, who would you select to be on that team, and what specific areas would you concentrate on?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
Welcome to courage in wonderland Mr. Pope.

Two questions.

Do you know of any agency that is infamously called Men in Black that keeps a lid on UFO secrets either in the US or UK?

Do we have the technology to create artificial earthquakes and tsunamis.

Thanks.

Nick, you seem to have not answered my two questions.

Do I infer that either you are not aware of the answers or you are trying to beat around the bush.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Yes, I'm a great fan of The X-Files and actually helped with some promotional work for the second movie. I met Chris Carter at the UK premiere and he was well aware of my government work on UFOs and the unexplained. There's a photo of me and an extremely tired and jet-lagged David Duchovny at the premiere, and this was a nice 'fact meets fiction' moment:

edit on 26-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: fixed image link

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi, Nick and thanks for answering the questions.
A short one : Your opinion on Phoenix lights incident year 1997 ?
edit on 26-8-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
To heck with UFOs, what do you know about 9/11? Was there any warning from the US government beforehand, or is there any evidence that perhaps they knew it was going to happen? I'm not saying the US government did the attacks, I'm just thinking they had to know about it, and if so, as a strong and strategic ally, was there anything strange going on before the events between the UK and US?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Mr. Pope, I would like to thank you for showing up and answering questions.

I do have two questions to ask you.

While I am still on the fence as to that the nature of UFO's if they are here or not, I would like to know, what yours and all of the experts opinions as to why there are such visitations to this planet?

And to your best knowledge, has there ever been any recorded contact between extraterrestrial life and any heads of government, and if you could what was the nature of said meeting.

thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Hey Nick. I met you once in Edinburgh, you were doing a BBC News "item" near the Edinburgh observatory.

I tell you all, really decent lad.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I've seen no evidence of a religious aspect to the UFO phenomenon myself, though obviously I'm aware that some people look at the subject from a religious perspective, with some regarding UFOs as a demonic manifestation, often on the basis of the Biblical description of Satan as being "the prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2). Parallels between aliens and angels (or demons, depending upon your perspective) have often been drawn.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Thank you for your kind words about my work. There are various proposals for some sort of "Nick Pope Investigates" TV show doing the rounds, but I have yet to sign anything - or cast a team, sidekick, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

It's difficult - if not impossible - to untangle the truth about the various sightings of large, triangular-shaped UFOs, especially when factoring in the controversy over Aurora, TR-3B, etc. I'm afraid I don't have any definitive answers here.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you for your generosity in giving us some of your time. I have no questions, but have enjoyed reading the questions and your responses.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

so what brought you here NIck? strange place of a man of your statue to hang out? , but ant anyway have you researched Charles fort's work? what did you think if so?

funBox

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hi Nick,

I noticed that you mentioned in one of your other posts the Auroa project.

I was wondering what you think about Aurora in relation to a number of sightings in Scotland, and allegations that it may have flew out of RAF Machrihanish (some call it the UK's Area 51) and may have caused a number of UFO sightings in the area?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I understand there is a ton of questions/comments here and some are definitely getting buried, but you are doing a great job of answering a lot of the questions and I thank you for your time. I posted a while back asking about if the MOD had used the publics interest in UFOS to its advantage. I am not aware of the MOD ever admitting a general unknown, I hear the 5% line from a lot of the "credible" people in ufology, but the MOD and other countries, seem not to be too concerned with these 5% or at least do not publish anything in the mainstream about them. Are you aware of any time the MOD knew what one of the 5% "unknowns" were but could not state so do to secrecy of a project in development? Would you even be able to divulge that if it is true? I am thinking specifically of things like the Taranis Drone which looks like it is straight out of "Flight of the Navigator" or any number of other sci-fi movies. I can see some civilian spotting one in test flight or on the ground and thinking ALIENS! Maybe the MOD would like some to believe that while developing these pilotless killing machines?

P.S. Hilarious pic of David Duchovny and you....jet lag? My guess is "sex addiction" all you ufo types suffer from this horrible ailment, right?
edit on 26-8-2013 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Pope,

I will try one more time in case I just slipped through the cracks a bit in the flood of questions...it may be too elementary a question, so no problem if you'd rather not get to it.

Here it is:
Can you give your criteria for "real" unidentified sightings - in other words, how would you define a true UFO sighting?

Thanks,
AB

link   
Hi Nick,

Obviously there are some UFO sightings that are probably none other than top secret military aircraft.

Excluding the above mentioned top secret military aircraft, please give me your thoughts on the following:

I know that on this discussion board there are people who believe that some UFO's are extra-terrestrial in origin; just as there are those who believe some of these UFO's are actually other dimensional beings.

Do you believe in both of those theories?

After getting report after report and researching this subject for so long; What is your conclusion of what these UFO's actually are? OK. So conclusion might be the wrong word here. Perhaps what is your belief of what these UFO's are?

link   
reply to post by Spares

Is the MoD still investigating UFOs? Officially, no. But I have no doubt that if a military pilot sees something unusual, or if something odd is tracked on radar, someone will take a look. This will likely be done on a case-by-case basis, outside of any formally-constituted UFO project. Additionally - not least to avoid creating a FOI liability - the term "UFO" is unlikely to be used, with phrases such as "unusual aircraft", "unconventional helicopter" and "uncorrelated target" being used instead.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
First of all, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this for us. This has been fascinating so far- and I'm usually not one to venture too much into the concept of Aliens/UFO's. Apologies if my questions sound as if they are coming from a novice.

Whenever/if you get the chance to answer:

Can you give us some specific examples of 'unofficial chatter' in your professional circle concerning aliens? Personal hypotheses from your colleagues of what they believe is going on that may be off the record speculation? Preferably concerning any alleged aliens themselves who may be piloting the crafts. What was the water cooler gossip, in other words, of the intentions of the supposed 'visitors.'

It would be interesting to hear their educated guesses since they were privy to more information than we would be and our off-the-cuff theories.

Again, sorry for the amateur question.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I have no doubt that we went to the moon, for a whole host of reasons, e.g. the proof offered by the lunar laser ranging experiment. I suspect that some of the pictures were pretty poor and were touched up a little, prior to release, leading to the various conspiracy theories about the images being faked.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join