It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Haunt You When I'm Dead!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by swimmom

Thank you for that reply, Swimmom.

I had something similar happen to me when my second husband was killed in an auto accident. I have never come across anyone else who has experienced this "latching on" by someone who just died. So, I would like to ask you if you felt you were experiencing anything weird with "time"?

I felt like I was stuck halfway in this world, and half in the after-world. I had no sense of time because there is no such thing as time on the other side. It was the strangest thing! No way to possibly describe it to someone who hasn't experienced it.

Now here you come along, and I just need to ask you, what was your experience like? I am very curious.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'll try to give a description of the events the night my friend died, almost 3 years ago. I arrived at the nursing home in the late afternoon. Her 80 yr old daughter was there with her and needed to go home for the night (I was 37 at the time). My friend had been unconscious since the morning. I told her daughter to go ahead and go home and I would sit there for awhile till someone else came to visit. After the daughter left, while no one else was visiting, my friend awoke. This was around 4:30pm. Not only did she awake, but she seemed to be "all there" mentally and was able to carry on a conversation. It was the most amazing conversation I've ever had with someone and I feel blessed to have been there when she woke up. She told me that she didn't understand why it was happening so quickly (her body just decided to start shutting down but she was 99.5 yrs old). She told me that she knew she wouldn't make it to 100 and wouldn't be at her 100th birthday party (it was what she lived for and she fully expected to see 100) and she told me that she was afraid she would die alone and that she was afraid for night to come because she knew this would be her last day. So, I told her that it's a blessing that it's happening so fast and that she doesn't have to suffer for months like some of her friends in the nursing home (she agreed with that). I told her that I loved her as if she were my own grandma and that I felt blessed to have known her. I told her not to be afraid, that she would soon be reunited with her parents & her husband, and I promised her she would not die alone and that I would sit at her bedside until the end. I took her at her word that she would not live to see another day. She asked me to call her minister and I did. The minister arrived only a couple minutes before my friend slipped back into unconsciousness, but she was conscious when the minister prayed with her.

At 9:30 that night, she started to sit up. Her eyes were wide and she started yelling at someone. At first I thought she was yelling at me. She was looking straight ahead towards the door and saying, over and over, "I don't know why you're here. I don't know what you want from me. I don't understand." (Not until the next day, while reliving this all in my head, did it dawn on me that she was talking to someone who I could not see). She was getting so agitated in this argument with the person I couldn't see, that I called for the nurse. He came right in and zapped her with morphine to knock her back out. He also said that this tends to happen when people are dying. That was the last that she spoke or opened her eyes.

This was a terribly cold night in January and there was a blizzard going on outside all night long. At 3AM the nurse came in to check on her and said it wouldn't be long. Her breathing was getting very shallow. At 4AM I heard something I will never forget so long as I live-- a disembodied voice asking for help. "Help! Get me out of here! Help! Someone let me out of here!" At first I thought it was coming from the heater vent - maybe someone from the psych ward and it was traveling down the vents. I listened at the vent and determined that was not the source. I sat back down in the chair by the bed and I heard it again. This time I quietly went into the hallway to listen. Total silence. Not even a nurse was in the hall. Back into the room and back in the chair and I heard it again! This time it crossed my mind that one of the nursing home residents might have wandered out into the courtyard, as the sound seemed to be coming from the windows or it was as if the voice was muted and I was hearing it through a window. Knowing that it was cold and blowing snow out there, I looked out the window and saw no one. I went out of the room and down the hall to the door that goes into the courtyard thinking someone might be trying to get in. No one was there. I finally gave up on trying to find the person. I felt awful for them. I could hear the despair in their voice. I wasn't sitting in that chair again for 30 seconds before I heard the voice yet again. This time, I whispered out loud, "I'm sorry. I can't help you" and the voice quit. I never heard it again the rest of the night.

At 7:30AM, just before sunrise, my friend died. Unfortunately I wasn't in the room. The nurses had me leave while they suctioned her and repositioned her. They rolled her before suctioning though and caused her to aspirate what was in her mouth - which killed her. So she didn't have a peaceful final few moments. After the nurses cleaned her up, I sat with her body and waiting for her daughter to arrive. I was there when the doctor came in to pronounce her dead. Her daughter arrived, having no idea that I had spent the night at her mother's bedside. She was very grateful. She said she felt awful all night, thinking that her mother was dying alone. I hadn't even crossed my mind to call her and let her know that I was sitting up there and I guess I just assumed that the nurses had told her.

I did not sleep a wink the night I sat in the nursing home at my friend's bedside. The nurses provided me coffee all night long. I remember telling her it was okay to let go - that her daughter would be fine. Everyone would be okay and that it was time for her to go.

When I got home that morning, I went straight to bed and slept till afternoon. Once I woke up, that's when I started replaying events in my head.

SLED - I do know what you mean by time feeling like it is different. Something felt different. I never thought of it as time, but now that you mention that, I think you're right. I felt like I got too close to the veil that separates this life from the next and that it was open and not closing up. In addition to feeling the sadness that I described in my previous post, I began to hate quiet and to fear the dark. I never felt alone. My husband works overnight several days each week and I would have trouble with sleeping by myself. I had to sleep with the light on because I felt like I was being watched and someone else was in the room who I could not see. If it was too quiet, I could hear voices - like the one I heard in the nursing home, but fainter and I could never make out what they were saying. It sounded like Union Station - lots of people talking and I was unable to separate them to actually listen to what they were saying. It was very creepy. Over time, the voices faded, but the feeling that I was not alone, did not. It did not go away until I finally told my friend to leave me. I remember I had just gone to bed, in the dark, felt the sudden need to flip on the lamp and then I just started bawling for no reason at all. That was that. I could not take that any more. I asked her to please go. I told her I loved her, but she needed to move on. She did, and I've been fine every since but I do pick up peoples' emotions very easily and I have to be careful of that. The problem with a spirit is that you can't walk away from them and their emotions, like you can a person in the flesh.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmom

Thank you for getting back to me. I went right along with you in your story. Very well written, and descriptive.

It seems you are a "sensitive". I know what you are talking about about picking up on other's emotions, etc.

Weird timing... I just watched a show on t.v. last night about hospital staff telling about seeing the "angel of death" floating around through the halls and into rooms where people were dying.
One of the patients sat up and spoke to this "angel" just as you described in your story. He was also very agitated.
Maybe that is what she saw?
If that was her you heard asking for help, I'm surprised she didn't call on Jesus, being as she apparently believed in the christian faith. I think that's all she would have needed to do.

Thank you again.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Do you know what the name of the show is that you watched last night? I've got to see that.

I'm so thankful that I could not see who she was talking to.

As for the voice in the hospital, at the time it was happening, it did not cross my mind that it was her, but the next day, when I was reviewing it all in my head, that was my conclusion - that her soul had left her body. That's also when I came to the realization that she may have been arguing with a spirit that had come to take her. I'm amazed that neither thought crossed my mind that night.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmom

Oh shute! It was on Paranormal Witness on the Bio channel, I think. Or it may have been the Sy-fi channel. I deleted it after watching. I had it recorded to my DVR. Sorry, but I don't remember the name.
You can go to either of those channels on line and watch full episodes for free, whereas You Tube only shows a few minutes without having to pay.

Just scroll through the programs and maybe you will see a name that fits. Sorry, I don't have time to look for it now or I would. I have to get ready to leave for work.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmom

Here is a link to the Si-fy site.

I found it!!! Let me know what you think.

www.syfy.com...

edit on 9/23/2013 by sled735 because: add video

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for the link! That was creepy.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmom

You're welcome.

Please keep in mind that "Hollywood", or any film company is going to increase the "scariness" to increase ratings.
I doubt that what the man saw was as bad as they made it seem in the film.
Also, some people are just more frightened of the unknown than whatever it is they are seeing. A lot of it has to do with one's own beliefs concerning the afterlife.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join