It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Here we go again, weapons inspectors, no weapons, propaganda shoved in our faces tell us they're guilty. This tactic is so old and the governments of the west are experts at dealing it.

And the news is classic, cause outrage (pics of dead kids), massive media blame. While all along, anyone with a brain looking at it, asks "why would they do that?". Makes no sense, and the only thing that does is that we're being told what to think.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So another nation that will be destroyed so the Americans tax payer have to foot the bill to fix later.

Way to go Ocraca, another moron president.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's actually a little silly to blame it on Obama. He is a spokesperson for the Military Industrial Complex. There was a soft coup in America that no one likes to talk about but our "president" is nothing more than a puppet himself.

Even if he didn't know that before being elected (I'm sure he did) he does now.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it's show time again by the looks of it well somebody has to keep those actors in a job
better dig deep into your pockets america cos those missiles are not cheap
after all us westeners have only left 14,000 times more radiation in the middle east than was dropped on hiroshima

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Nowhere in the article does it say the President is ready to attack Syria. It says the Pentagon is readying plans, but Obama has the final say on whether any of these thought out plans become a reality. The article emphasizes the fact that Obama doesn't feel an attack is beneficial in many areas, and he doesn't want to do it. Read the article then let's have a discussion on what the article actually states.

Still defending Obama?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Okay, I don't often chime in on this kind of issue, however here goes...

The way I see it, those other higher powers over near Syria should have chimed in long ago to put a stop to this. Hello Russia....Hello China....

This guy Assad has been murdering his people for years now and everyone around the world is going "Duh, I dunno, what should we do?"

Well, thank God for America.

I think even if Obama (of whom I'm no great fan) says "Okay guys, go ahead and send a missile in to put an end to this A-hole, then good on him.

Enough already.

End of rant.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
so it begins... sure they have to take syria, but not because of assad or something. no just because they need a door to Iran.
Does not matter that the people in the own country have to buy food with food stamps, no just put more money into war, because the oil is more important

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

*sigh*

And exit stage right...........

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

the only thing wrong with your post is this..
the people of Syria seem to support Assad and the military..how strange

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No, simply calling out the person who posts an article for everyone to read yet they don't read it themselves. With your response I'm guessing you do the same thing as the OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Yo, listen, doesn't matter how many people are on food stamps. At least they can get food.

People getting gassed don't even have that privilege. They're too busy choking and dying.

Comes a time you gotta stand up and say that's not right, and if I have the means to stop it I will.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

very true my friend...
BUT first..BY GOD..we better know for sure!!
for sure, who is really doing the gassing.
my bet is that it isnt Assad.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
reply to post by aLLeKs

People getting gassed don't even have that privilege. They're too busy choking and dying.

Comes a time you gotta stand up and say that's not right, and if I have the means to stop it I will.

So then if you would like to stop it, ask Turkey to stop supplying Syrian rebels with chemical weapons. Let me know how that works out for you.

A member of the United Nations' commission on Syria says the body has found "strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas" by Syrian rebels.

www.highbeam.com...

and here they completely deny the charge:

Syria's opposition accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces of gassing many hundreds of people - by one report as many as 1,300 - in a pre-dawn attack on Wednesday. Assad's government denied using chemical weapons.

www.reuters.com...

So you have to ask yourself who benefits, yes?

How would Assad benefit from using chemical weapons on women and children? They wouldn't. And if they were going to it wouldn't be on women and children, it would be on the rebels. Syrian rebels on the other hand would benefit by getting the western world to cry foul and approve the wholesale beat down on Assad. It's called propaganda....think about.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Which would be much easier to prove if Assad would allow the UN Inspectors who can prove it into the area that was attacked to do their job.

Of course since Syria restricts the movements of both journalists and inspectors it falls to the people of Syria to prove to the world outside their borders of the atrocities taking place. It would likely dishearten them completely to know that even when their is video and pictures of these things taking place some people will look at what is going on and pretend that is all an act.

So while most of the world is calling for action in Syria, one of its closest allies is quietly burying the truth to fatten their own pockets and maintain their control.

Russia should have, and easily could have, done something to prevent this a long time ago. Luckily they have that nice little media outlet they control to help propagate the belief that it is all a lie staged for the benefit of the west who at the moment is debating the most effective means of ending the crisis and helping the people of Syria.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Russia should have, and easily could have, done something to prevent this a long time ago. Luckily they have that nice little media outlet they control to help propagate the belief that it is all a lie staged for the benefit of the west who at the moment is debating the most effective means of ending the crisis and helping the people of Syria.

So how is Russia going to stop the west from arming the rebels with chemical weapons?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

This is a good start....
ABC News

Russia is urging the Syrian government to allow U.N. inspectors to investigate claims of a chemical weapons attack outside Damascus this week. In a statement issued Friday, the Russian Foreign Ministry also urged Syria's armed opposition to provide the inspectors safe passage to the site of the alleged attack.

Those inspectors are already in the country. They arrived Sunday to investigate earlier claims of another chemical weapons attack near Aleppo.

The Syrian government has denied any involvement in the incident but has not yet said whether it would allow the U.N. team to investigate.

With its statement Friday, Russia joined calls from the United States and its European allies for an independent investigation into the alleged attack, which rebel groups claim killed at least 1,000

Now if you actually have some proof that the rebels are responsible i would love to see it, because from what i can tell the only reason they are dragging their feet and not allowing the inspectors to find hte proof they need is because they are guilty.

Oh and if you are wondering why Russia has been so reluctant to do this before hand then here is your answer...

Russia was also skeptical of rebel claims that the government carried out its first chemical weapons attack near Aleppo in March. The Kremlin has been reluctant to abandon Syria's President Bashar al-Assad, a long-time ally and purchaser of Russian arms. Those arms have continued to flow during the two-and-a-half year conflict. Russia has repeatedly blocked attempts to impose sanctions, including an arms embargo, on the Assad government at the U.N. Security Council. Earlier this week, Russia and China reportedly worked behind the scenes to water down a Security Council statement on the latest alleged chemical weapons attack.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

good post my friend
im worried that the gas attacks are created as an excuse to attack Syria.
would be very easy for the so called rebels to perpetrate this and place blame on the government.
our government..of course i think is looking for reasons..
so...when Syria has fallen what next? Iran of course
and when we have slaughtered Iran? who is next?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Again, even that is propaganda which I know you know.....

That said, yes, Russia as well as any nation for that matter, I bet if you asked Zimbabwe or hell even Iran if anyone cared about there opinions they too would say yes investigate.

The Syrian government, i.e. Assad would likely want that too if they could be assured it wasn't some CIA or Mossad agents planting more nasty stuff. Additionally, take note the UN is also seeking assurances the rebels won't kill them either.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The so called rebels have been begging for helps for years, it was only recently that they even got a little support from the US and that has been mostly after the first chemical weapons attack. We have been hesitant to get involved up until this point for many reasons, but it has become apparent at this point that we have little option left but to intervene.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

The so called rebels have been begging for helps for years, it was only recently that they even got a little support from the US and that has been mostly after the first chemical weapons attack.

Really because this was reported just short of a year and a half ago:

Rebel sources in Hatay told me last night that not only is Turkey supplying light arms to select battalion commanders, it is also training Syrians in Istanbul. Men from the unit I was embedded with were vetted and called up by Turkish intelligence in the last few days and large consignments of AK-47s are being delivered by the Turkish military to the Syrian-Turkish border. No one knows where the guns came from originally, but no one much cares.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

So offically they have been supported for over half the time the uprising began. Unoffically, they were likely hand picked financed and trained before the uprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join