It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So we're mad at Assad for killing all those kids and we're gonna deal with it by launching missiles and killing more kids?
Gotta love America's idea of problem solving.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
reply to post by Rosinitiate

kill off the entire middle east?

Not if it could be helped but it appears it can't...

We will stop when the US can ensure it's dominance into and throughout the 21 century. In order to accomplish this we need to secure energy resources, specifically oil since it is traded in US currency, which allows us to spend ourselves into debt until it comes out of every orface without concern of becoming a banana republic. So long as nations are required to use the dollar to buy oil we will forever act this way or worse.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

For one, many Middle Eastern nations aren't what i would call free.

Secondly your assumption that every other nation is telling the truth is completely unfounded, RT is controlled by the Russian Government so everything that comes across that news channel should be taken with a grain of salt. Just because they accepted Snowden doesn't make them angels, far from it. They just saw the potential in having all his information since they are less reliant on us then China is.

And if you think i support terrorists and the needless deaths of many innocent people well...thats just ignorance on your part.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

they are also one of the few remaining countries
who has denied the dollar..and still exist.
every country that has wished to go to gold standard
or stray from the dollar ....has fallen.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

indeed

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Except for Australia, Russia, China...

So we're mad at Assad for killing all those kids and we're gonna deal with it by launching missiles and killing more kids?

Actually the current plan is to strike military targets like airfields to prevent them from using planes to drop chemical weapons on their civilian population.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

For one, many Middle Eastern nations aren't what i would call free.

Secondly your assumption that every other nation is telling the truth is completely unfounded, RT is controlled by the Russian Government so everything that comes across that news channel should be taken with a grain of salt. Just because they accepted Snowden doesn't make them angels, far from it. They just saw the potential in having all his information since they are less reliant on us then China is.

And if you think i support terrorists and the needless deaths of many innocent people well...thats just ignorance on your part.

Hey mate! How about you show one bloody word where I have said or even hinted that "Secondly your assumption that every other nation is telling the truth." Learn to read! Actually, it may be your comprehension that is stuffed up.

Where have I said that I think you support terrorists!

Jeez, is this the best you can do because, well, fair suck of the sauce bottle.

P

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Not sure what you are saying. You are replying to me but quoting someone else....

That said, your rebuttal is to bring up China and Russia?!? The two nations that can actually stand up to the west.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

A government lying to the citizens in a democracy is a crime against the very fabric of democracy.
Country after country destroyed and you still want to support the terrorists.

But its ok for Russia, which runs RT to lie to it's citizens and for those lies to be perpetuated over here where you just buy into it because it wasn't an American source telling you?
And let's be clear, Russia is supporting Syria. Syria is killing its own people. There would be ample proof but the Syrian Government won't allow the UN inspectors to go to the site of the attack to verify it.
How is that hard to understand?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i kinda doubt Assad is behind the gas attacks,
just because the US and its allies are almost giddy
to get into the fray. gas fell and fingers pointed...
it was him it was him!!!
i dont know...but how convinient for us.
i happen to think Assad is smarter than this...again..i dont know

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don't want to believe this report and I don't think stating one would do such things is wise.

Similar things have happened though... remember this night?

The Tigris was alight one night, why not Damascus?

If you build a road you might as well walk it, but if that road is paved with gold you will only slip and tumble.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So you advocate Russia and China standing up to the west, and then what?
What could possibly convince you to trust them that much?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Actually the current plan is to strike military targets like airfields to prevent them from using planes to drop chemical weapons on their civilian population.

Never worked before! But I suppose any idiotic excuse will do for the Washington Terror Brigade aka US Govt.

More bombs!

I guess killers will kill.

P

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

RT has no reason to lie about the west because the stupid # the western world is doing is already sensational.

Now, try to find a critical piece on Russia from RT abnd I doubt you will find anything. All you need to do is actually look at the reporting it's not hard to see that they actually do some pretty good investgative work, likely because they are well funded by Russia.

next....
edit on 23-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So you advocate Russia and China standing up to the west, and then what?
What could possibly convince you to trust them that much?

Who says I trusted them? Where did you get that from? I don't trust Russia or China or America or Britain, or New Zealand or Australia, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

Oh that's right...you vomit nonesense.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Which is exactly how you know that RT is controlled by Russia and is in the business of lying. If you cannot find a single article that decries Russia for the things it does which is constantly questioned by the rest of the world then how can that possibly be a reliable source of news?

Say what you want about America, but at least our media will happily tear apart its own Government and leaders.

Next what?

And what do you think would happen if the US wasn't around to stand up to Russia and China?

You are implying that you trust them to somehow act better then America despite the mountains of evidence that neither country really gives a damn about its own population.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Boom

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - CBS News has learned that the Pentagon is making the initial preparations for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces. We say "initial preparations" because such an attack won't happen until the president gives the green light. And it was clear during an interview on CNN Friday that he is not there yet. "If the U.S. goes in and attacks another country, without a U.N. mandate and without clear evidence that can be presented," the president told CNN, "then there are questions in terms of whether international law supports it -- 'do we have the coalition to make it work?' Those are considerations that we have to take into account."

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Didn't mean to post here.
edit on 8/23/13 by TheTalentedMrBryant because: Network error.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Say what you want about America, but at least our media will happily tear apart its own Government and leaders.

Next what?

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OMG I'm in tears from laughter...

The New York Times yesterday admitted that its coverage in the run-up to the Iraq war was "not as rigorous as it should have been" and failed to adequately question the credibility of Iraqi defectors or challenge their tales of terror camps and the presence of weapons of mass destruction.

www.theguardian.com...

Major news organizations have retracted or re-examined pre-war stories, while “liberal hawks” churned out mea culpas. There’s now a small canon of books and TV specials chronicling the press failure, including Michael Massing’s Now They Tell Us, Greg Mitchell’s So Wrong For So Long, and Bill Moyers’ “Buying The War.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Let me guess, it's better to ask for forgiveness then permission huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

my big question has always been
why do we even care what goes on in Syria?
really..whats the angle?
let them do what ever..its not our business.
The "Big Deal" is money, as usual.
The so-called West is not happy with the Russian monopoly on gas for sale to the EU, and want to steal the land of their ME allie to build a gas pipeline from the Gulf area to the Mediterranean, through what is currently Syria, to compete against the Russian gas supply.
Plus Israel wants to see the entire region around it controlled by Saudi Arabia, who has been making deals with them for a long time.

edit on 23-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join