It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

If... and that's a big "if" Turkey is supplying chemical weapons to the Syrian rebels then that's unfortunate. Turkey should know better.

At this point it's kind of a moot point who actually used these weapons.

A strike on the area will get everyone's attention and let them ALL know this will not stand. It has to stop.

If it starts the so called prophecy of the destruction Damascus, then so be it.

If it starts world war three then so be it.

Time to take a stand. And back it up.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Those same rebels have had to smuggle evidence of the use of chemical weapons to the UN Inspectors because Assad won't allow them to themselves to investigate.

And your right, they are seeking assurances of safety partly because they always do.

Mostly, however, it is because Al-Qaeda has infiltrated Syria for their own ends forcing the rebels to choose between being massacred alone by their own government while the world sits on its thumbs or fight alongside the only people that will come to their aid even if it is for their own reasons.

So which group should be the ones that end up in control.
Assad and his Russian backed army?
Al-Qaeda and its generally murderous army?
Or The citizens of Syria who want what most people want. To work, eat, live and # without anyone trying to kill or control them?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well two suspects come too mind,,
1. Bathist Party,,they set a precident.
2. Mr. I Ate His Liver/heart guy.
both insane enough too actually say "fire".

link   
It's ironic and so wrong that the US would destroy a secular regime in the middle east for the sake of Qatar and their Islamist monarchy. We do not need to attack Syria for the sake of the family fortune of probably the most conservative, repressive Islamic monarchy on the planet, and their ambitions to dominate energy trading in Central Asia.

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Now if you actually have some proof that the rebels are responsible i would love to see it, because from what i can tell the only reason they are dragging their feet and not allowing the inspectors to find hte proof they need is because they are guilty.

In every movie where somebody is being framed, they run for it because they need time to prove they are being framed, and otherwise the system will railroad them, and they know that in practice there will be no second chances once that happens.

Syria had no reason to attack civilians with chemical weapons. In the 21st century, it's one of the few obvious losing moves in their game of resisting CIA style overthrow.

It's the west who is desperate for a reason to attack. They know that a bought and paid for 'resistance' can not be sustained indefinitely.

link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

Precisely, because at some point someone with at least some respect for human life needs to stand up for the woman and children of Syria who have been either killed, raped or orphaned.

link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Hesitant to get involved? you've got to be kidding...
edit on 23-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

yes, yes lets all blow ourselves up. BRILLIANT!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

sorry..i take a much more sinister view
most of the rebels in Syria are hired hands..bought and paid for
they go where they are needed..Lybia is done?
we need you in Syria..mercenaries follow the money.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Assad is a rabid dog. Should have been put down long ago.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by autopat51

The so called rebels have been begging for helps for years, it was only recently that they even got a little support from the US and that has been mostly after the first chemical weapons attack. We have been hesitant to get involved up until this point for many reasons, but it has become apparent at this point that we have little option left but to intervene.

It seems as though you have the same speech writers as your President.

Do you believe that you can influence anyone on ATS with that drivel.

P

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So giving them some weapons and training while they fight against an army that has tanks, chemical weapons and fighter jets is somehow going to magically make the problems they are facing go away?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What makes you think standing up for right, (or world war three for that matter) equals blowing ourselves up?

The world will survive world war three. The world will survive world war a million.

Earth is much greater than the human species.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I posted this thread earlier today. It's a book written by 20 year CIA vet who went toe to toe with the CIA after the CIA tried to kill him and his family.

This of course was to keep the NSA spying scandal under wraps. But it says a lot about the "morally straight" western world and the lengths they will go to to ensure their end game.

It may be slightly off-topic but certainly relevant.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I read it, i enjoyed it, the thing with toxic materials in his house seemed rather messed up to me.

I was a little confused on how the code they missed worked but i imagine i would have to buy the book to find out yes?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Where did I say we would blow up earth?

First learn to read, then write. I think it's that order.

If that was harsh, I apologize. Hey better to ask forgiveness then permission right?

At least that's how they do it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Well what's the old saying...I don't know what weapons WW 3 will be fought with but i know WW 4 will be fought with sticks and stones?
Einstein if memory serves.
Suppose i could just look it up.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Yes and one of my favorites. Who knows, I suppose we may find out soon enough if we continue at this pace.

My favorite however: "There are two things in the world that are infinite. The cosmos and human stupidity, although I am unsure of the prior."

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Actually the current plan is to strike military targets like airfields to prevent them from using planes to drop chemical weapons on their civilian population.

Of course the plan is to strike military targets, it always is. Military targets in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost over a million innocent lives.

I guess that's one way to "liberate" people.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well, sorry I must have misunderstood the "Yes, yes, lets blow ourselves up" caption over the graphic.

My bad.

But seriously, this is a rotten move by somebody. And TPTB over there have had lots of time to mediate this before it got to this stage.

Now that it has, and since nobody has stepped up to the plate, I don't see much of an alternative than that the strongest bully on the block steps in an puts an end to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

So would you recommend we just do what Syria is doing and drop Sarin on everyone?
That could be defined as liberating them too.

Look if you like i can easily post numerous videos showing men, women and children clearly suffering from a Sarin attack. It's graphic and seriously depressing but i would just assume that since you are involved in this discussion that you have seen them already.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join