It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

rt.com

Despite President Obama cautioning against intervention in Syria, the Pentagon is making “initial preparations” for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces, according to a new report.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey is expected to present options for such a strike at a White House meeting on Saturday, CBS News reported on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So even thou Obama warns against any foreign intervention in Syria, he is about to attack Assad's government without any conclusivr evidence the gas attack was caused by it.

This action will really test Russia/China and see exactly how much spine they have to back up their opposition to Western Intervention.

Seems to be like a very extreme game of Chicken going on at the moment.

We can see attacks starting to occur in Lebanon and no doubt Israel will be more involved with its neighbours.

I cannot see any of this ending positively for anyone.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
De-Escalation isn't in his vocabulary.

Now we watch him murder Assad....just like Gadaffi. It won't matter that he doesn't do it personally. He doesn't have to. Like the old saying goes.... All roads lead to Damascus...............on the way to Tehran.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nowhere in the article does it say the President is ready to attack Syria. It says the Pentagon is readying plans, but Obama has the final say on whether any of these thought out plans become a reality. The article emphasizes the fact that Obama doesn't feel an attack is beneficial in many areas, and he doesn't want to do it. Read the article then let's have a discussion on what the article actually states.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

It should also be noted that evidence does exist
Reuters

U.S. and allied intelligence agencies have made a preliminary assessment that chemical weapons were used by Syrian forces in an attack near Damascus this week, likely with high-level approval from the government of President Bashar al-Assad, according to American and European security sources.

The early intelligence finding could increase pressure for action by President Barack Obama, who made clear that he planned to tread cautiously even as his aides sought to narrow their differences in debate over possible military responses to the Syrian government.

The sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, cautioned that the assessment was preliminary and, at this stage, they were still seeking conclusive proof, which could take days, weeks or even longer to gather.

But with a mounting international outcry over the apparent mass poisoning of hundreds of people, the issue appeared to have taken on a sense of urgency for the Obama administration.

And to be fair, i would prefer air strikes to putting boots on the ground as that would lead us to fighting with Al-Qaeda or against both Syria and Al-Qaeda forces....
edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Reuters

U.S. and allied intelligence agencies have made a preliminary assessment that chemical weapons were used by Syrian forces in an attack near Damascus this week, likely with high-level approval from the government of President Bashar al-Assad, according to American and European security sources.

The early intelligence finding could increase pressure for action by President Barack Obama, who made clear that he planned to tread cautiously even as his aides sought to narrow their differences in debate over possible military responses to the Syrian government.

The sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, cautioned that the assessment was preliminary and, at this stage, they were still seeking conclusive proof, which could take days, weeks or even longer to gather.

But with a mounting international outcry over the apparent mass poisoning of hundreds of people, the issue appeared to have taken on a sense of urgency for the Obama administration.

And to be fair, i would prefer air strikes to putting boots on the ground as that would lead us to fighting with Al-Qaeda or against both Syria and Al-Qaeda forces....

Where! Anonymous Intelligence Sources.

That is not a source, that is straight propaganda! Nothing more, nothing less.

How many times do they think they can lie like this.

P

ETA Air strikes! Maybe we will see how the Russian interceptor missiles perform. I will be hoping they work a treat. This Murder of civilians has to stop.
edit on 23/8/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

*Shrugs*
To some people everything is a lie regardless of what proof can be provided.
Of the two, i will happily trust Reuters over RT.

I guess this is a lie as well?
Reuters

The U.S. Navy will expand its presence in the Mediterranean with a fourth cruise-missile armed warship because of the escalating civil war in Syria, a defense official said on Friday.

The USS Mahan had finished its deployment and was due to head back to its home base in Norfolk, Virginia, but the commander of the U.S. Sixth Fleet has decided to keep the ship in the region, the defense official said.

The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly, stressed that the Navy had received no orders to prepare for any military operations regarding Syria

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

You forget that a lot of people on ATS just post a knee jerk reaction to the headline, not the article.

On an unrelated not, I find it funny that people are constantly decrying the MSM, but Russian state-funded and state-controlled media is a trusted source.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

LOL
I find that funny too....Russia is hardly our friend but it is always America that is lying.
I guess it is just too hard to accept that the world in general is a messed up place and people die needlessly by terrible means every day.
A large part of this current outcry has to do with the many dead women and children, who i hope we can agree should be left out of all such conflicts as much as possible.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I don't get your point how in general terms partiality has anything to do with the validity of a source ? It depends exclusively on the preference of the receptors. Validity is simply the result of reputation and credentials to the eyes of the majority. That is why some minority views are dismissed as non-valid, even if correct.

In any case I would trust almost any other nation over the US. Its not like we do not know what is (and has been) going on. Its like people have selected amnesia or something. From the WMD debacle to the US historic background. The MSM is on the pocked of the CIA (at home and even at times abroad, self acknowledged fact).
edit on 23-8-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Obama gave the Muslim Brotherhood Egypt and they lost that I can't wait to see what the MB does with Syria.

I'm surprised that people are shocked as to what Obama is doing, all his ridiculing double speak about Bush when in fact he makes Bush look like a boy scout.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They've been ready they just need to create a justification, I mean they need a justification.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
my big question has always been
why do we even care what goes on in Syria?
really..whats the angle?
let them do what ever..its not our business.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Because they are one of the few friendly nations with Iran. We want to isolate Iran.....then we wait for Iran to gass their own people on the same day UN chemical experts show up......then we ninja kick their ass because they gonna build a dirty suitcase bomb and blow up a western country. I mean duh!! You didn't know that?

Never mind that Iran never started a war of agression in over 100 years.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Monger

A large part of this current outcry has to do with the many dead women and children, who i hope we can agree should be left out of all such conflicts as much as possible.

So then perhaps we shoulldn't allow Turkey to sneak in chemical weapons to the "Syran Rebels"...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Monger

LOL
I find that funny too....Russia is hardly our friend but it is always America that is lying.
I guess it is just too hard to accept that the world in general is a messed up place and people die needlessly by terrible means every day.

A government lying to the citizens in a democracy is a crime against the very fabric of democracy.

When you understand this you will understand what you need to do.

The US Govt are terrorists who use terror against entire free nations.

Country after country destroyed and you still want to support the terrorists.

Way to do .... Not!

P

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

OMG and if you believe that I have one of Saddam's nuclear weapons to sell you.
real cheap....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

What happens in Syria is of critical importance. Unless we just withdraw from the world as a WHOLE and call it all an end of things at our borders, which will never happen.

There is a reason Syria has always been land which is strategic and much fought over. It's place as an anchor on the Med is one. Now it's amplified as a regional power. It's the key to the northern front into Israel after Lebanon has tried twice now and failed in recent times. It's on Turkey's border to directly touch and bring in NATO.

It's also a transit and terminal point for the planned Iran-Iraq-Syria-Lebanon Gas line which would be the first in history to cross from Caspian accessible resources to the Med. That was formally signed between the nations last year. So much for Iraq being all Anti-Iran or Anti-Syria, eh?

We've been played on so many levels here, it's not even funny..and we're continuing to come back for more. Somewhere, there are people in the Middle East, laughing hysterically about that, too. I just wish we could. Nothing funny about another war ....and this is about the 3rd or 4th time I've watched this build up and game.

Enough I say.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

i hear you (tongue in cheek)
is that our goal?
kill off the entire middle east?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
yeah were is teh proof besides a letter or something stating the pentagon really is?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join